The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

You got to be kidding me.

That PSone list is a huge disappointment after they've had us wait this long for such a simple feature.

Wow.

Just installed Silent Hill, RE2, RE3, MGS, and Syphon Filter.

This, though, underlines my biggest Sony complaint... making things way harder than it needs to be. Seriously, this shouldn't have taken the steps or the time it did. Eh, at least we finally have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Harvest Moon: Back to Nature works.

Going to try Xenogears after it finishes downloading. Edit: Xenogears works.

Does anyone know how to crop the games to fit the entire Vita screen?

How depressing. This reminded me just how anemic the US PSOne Classic selection is compared to other countries.

US = 155, give or take (not counting JPN games, which would boost it to a whopping 172).
JPN = 700+
EU = well, don't know, honestly.

Hmm. Maybe I'm gonna be nonplussed by this development and simply use my PSP for PSP disc games and PSOne classics. Unless there's a huge boost/reason to play them on the Vita (faster, graphics smoothing, something else?), I see no need to use up precious disc space (on very costly proprietary removable media!) for the Vita. I have about 3GB of space left on an 8GB disc, so if I need that room, the PSOne games will get deleted first among anything else on there.

[quote name='antlp89'] Does anyone know how to crop the games to fit the entire Vita screen?[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah, found the answer via google.

For anyone wondering the same thing you have to hold the touchscreen and an option menu will populate.

Finally! I might actually buy some more compatible PS1 games now :)

[quote name='TheRock88']So to transfer a PS1 classic from a PS3 to the Vita, you need to have the PS1 game in the "bubble" format (aka uninstalled on the PS3)?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Download them to your PS3 first, connect your Vita to your PS3, then start the content manager on the vita and transfer the games (should be under applications).

I can't see any games directly in the PS Vita Store yet, I'm in the US. Am I supposed to? I'm gonna resort to transferring from my PS3 for now, but I thought we were supposed to be able to at LEAST get 9 games directly from the store. I go to my download list and I can't do that...

I'm a big fan of button controls for the menu, but is there a way to *not* have the swipe the wake-up screen away? Sort of defeats the purpose of button menus when you, uh, have to touch the screen to get to them.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

cKVq6.jpg

Quite a lot of stealth updates in this FW.

Like this one as well:
Near > Settings > Game Good Settings:

- Game Good automatic downloads (you can specify single games)
- Discover only Game Goods for games you have played

[quote name='dallow']Quite a lot of stealth updates in this FW.

Like this one as well:[/QUOTE]

Greatest stealth feature in 1.8? If you have 3G turned off it doesn't leave a silly 'no signal' icon up there all the time.

Hey, how to I get PSOne games to go full screen? I'm holding my finger down on the Vita screen, and nothing pops up...?

Sony seem eager to show that they are not a software company at every turn. Microsoft had backwards compatibility with a large portion of the original xbox library all through software emulation, something sony couldn't do with the PS3 even though the PS2 was less powerful than the original xbox.

It's sad because a competent company could even get some PS2 classics on the Vita I'd bet.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Sony seem eager to show that they are not a software company at every turn. Microsoft had backwards compatibility with a large portion of the original xbox library all through software emulation, something sony couldn't do with the PS3 even though the PS2 was less powerful than the original xbox.

It's sad because a competent company could even get some PS2 classics on the Vita I'd bet.[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to talk about a company that did BC well MS and the 360 is a horrible awful example.

You could have at least gone with Nintendo, or even Sony and the fat PS3's.

[quote name='whoknows']If you're trying to talk about a company that did BC well MS and the 360 is a horrible awful example.

You could have at least gone with Nintendo, or even Sony and the fat PS3's.[/QUOTE]

You mean Nintendo, who used an overclocked version of their previous console to create their new console? Or Sony, who included an entire PS2 hardware assembly in the PS3 to do backwards compatibility? MS did software only which is far far more impressive. It has greater compatibility than PC emulators even.

Can't say I care about how they got it to work so much as I care that it worked, and the list of Xbox games the 360 is compatible with is far from impressive.

[quote name='Anexanhume']You mean Nintendo, who used an overclocked version of their previous console to create their new console? Or Sony, who included an entire PS2 hardware assembly in the PS3 to do backwards compatibility? MS did software only which is far far more impressive. It has greater compatibility than PC emulators even.[/QUOTE]

Sony pretty perfected PSOne emuation on PS2, PS3, and PSP. Sony Europe and Japan seems to be on track with PSOne support as well. It is Sony American that is acting like an idiot.

MS's support on BC is a joke no matter how you look it.

[quote name='antlp89']Ahh yeah, found the answer via google.

For anyone wondering the same thing you have to hold the touchscreen and an option menu will populate.

Finally! I might actually buy some more compatible PS1 games now :)

Yes. Download them to your PS3 first, connect your Vita to your PS3, then start the content manager on the vita and transfer the games (should be under applications).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing that out. I was wondering if there was a way to make Mega Man bigger when I was playing it.

Anyone having trouble hitting L2 and R2 on the back touch panel when playing PS One games? I have to reach pretty far to touch them. Is there a way to change their position?

[quote name='62t']Sony pretty perfected PSOne emuation on PS2, PS3, and PSP. Sony Europe and Japan seems to be on track with PSOne support as well. It is Sony American that is acting like an idiot.

MS's support on BC is a joke no matter how you look it.[/QUOTE]

PSOne emulation on PS2 was hardware based and they were slow to implement it on PSP. PSOne emulation on a PS3 isn't impressive considering the difference in power, hence why it's pathetic they can't get it working well on Vita.
If this is how Sony treats emulation the Vita, I don't have high hopes for backwards compatibility on the PS4.

I'm personally a fan of the BC on 360. They've got about half of the entire library working, which is far more than you can say for PS1 on PSP. Plus many of the games look much better, often comparable to the HD collections on PS3.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']PSOne emulation on PS2 was hardware based and they were slow to implement it on PSP. PSOne emulation on a PS3 isn't impressive considering the difference in power, hence why it's pathetic they can't get it working well on Vita.
If this is how Sony treats emulation the Vita, I don't have high hopes for backwards compatibility on the PS4.

I'm personally a fan of the BC on 360. They've got about half of the entire library working, which is far more than you can say for PS1 on PSP. Plus many of the games look much better, often comparable to the HD collections on PS3.[/QUOTE]Ugh, I've played a few XBOX games on my 360, each had a bunch of glitches, both visually and gameplay wise.

And PSX emulation on Vita is near perfect. Not sure what you mean about it being terrible.
They've never looked so good either, I am so impressed by the sharpness and color of them on the OLED screen.

The only thing that sucks is how North America is rolling them out.
Europe put out 90% of the games day 1.
And Japan will have all 600+ of it's titles ready to download within the next couple of weeks.

http://community.us.playstation.com...n/m-p/38126993/message-uid/38126993#U38126993

A second round of PS1 Games have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

Alundra
Arc the Lad II
Championship Bass
Extreme Pinball
Grandia
Hi Octane: The Track Fights Back
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Magic Carpet
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Underground
Nuclear Strike
Oddworld Abe's Exxodus
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Populous-The Beginning
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
Rayman 1
Rayman2
SimCity 2000
Soviet Strike
Tekken
Tekken 2
Theme Hospital
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tomba!
Vanguard Bandits
Wing Commander IV

Is there any way to disable the rear touchpad that acts as l2 and r2? Really annoying when im trying to play re3 and jill goes into aiming mode just cause i barely touched the back. Or ff7 and it turns on the target indicator

[quote name='dallow']Ugh, I've played a few XBOX games on my 360, each had a bunch of glitches, both visually and gameplay wise.

And PSX emulation on Vita is near perfect. Not sure what you mean about it being terrible.
They've never looked so good either, I am so impressed by the sharpness and color of them on the OLED screen.

The only thing that sucks is how North America is rolling them out.
Europe put out 90% of the games day 1.
And Japan will have all 600+ of it's titles ready to download within the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'm comparing the quantity, not the quality. If you took off every game with major BC problems on 360 there would still be more games then are BC on Vita (in North America anyway). I can't comment on other regions because I can't buy their downloadable games.

Of my Top 10 PS1 games only 3 are available on Vita and only 7 on PSP. All 10 of my favorite Xbox games are available on 360 (though 2 are on XBLA or remade, not BC).

I was able to load the following games through my PS3:
Castlevania SOTN
Castlevania Chronicles
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2
International Track and Field
Jet Moto
Medievil
Rally Cross
Reel Fishing
Silent Hill
Syphon Filter (1, 2, &3)
Um Jammer Lammy
Warhawk
2Xtreme

[quote name='parkerwilson']Has anyone used monoprice PS vita cables/cords, if so are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Monoprice sells quality cables and their reviews are usually trustworthy so I'd just buy them if I were you.

Soo.... has anyone run in to error C1-2738-0 yet? It's currently popping up every time I open anything but PS1/PSP games and I'm not really sure how to proceed. The weird thing is that the game finishes loading behind the error.

[quote name='handsomepete']Soo.... has anyone run in to error C1-2738-0 yet? It's currently popping up every time I open anything but PS1/PSP games and I'm not really sure how to proceed. The weird thing is that the game finishes loading behind the error.[/QUOTE]

I found some info about this, unfortunately probably not a direct solution, but some others have had your problem as well:

http://www.community.eu.playstation...n-trophy-sync-and-TomBlitz-game/td-p/16925122

Good luck fixing it, sounds like an annoying problem.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Monoprice sells quality cables and their reviews are usually trustworthy so I'd just buy them if I were you.[/QUOTE]

I have. And the car charger. They work fine. No word of life span yet. I have a vita accessories thread in this forum.....that no one uses

I scored a sweet deal on a Vita last night, got the system MK, Fifa Soccer and a 4GB memory card for $120.. I'm enjoying it so far, how do I tell if this is a 3G or Wifi model? Any suggestions on some good games?

[quote name='chimpmeister']I found some info about this, unfortunately probably not a direct solution, but some others have had your problem as well:

http://www.community.eu.playstation...n-trophy-sync-and-TomBlitz-game/td-p/16925122

Good luck fixing it, sounds like an annoying problem.[/QUOTE]

Turns out its entirely trophy related - some people that get it are stuck if they can't sync their trophies, but restarting, syncing my trophies (which said "restoring trophy information" and then synced), and then everything was magically fixed. Phew!

I don't think this was mentioned, but 1.80 added more options to map to the right stick for at least PSP games. The options are now: Left Stick, D-pad, Left/Right on D-pad, Up/Down on D-pad, Face Buttons, L/R should buttons, and Select/Start.

Edit: You can also map buttons to the four corners of the touch screen.

I've never done transfer before. Is media manager with USB connection to PS3 only way to get PSone games on the vita? (specifically ones not available in store but playable on vita).

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/1767..._takes_to_attract_indie_devs.php#.UEazkI1lSu4

Gamasutra has an interesting article about what Minis developers think of PlayStation Mobile and how it compares to iOS, Android, and Minis with this interesting bit of information:
When asked if Mobile will face the same network-related disadvantages of Minis, Jubber clarifies otherwise. "No, the download size limit has leaped from 100mb to 1GB, and there's no restriction over rolling our own online functionality. Mobile doesn't support [PSN] integration right now, but we are assured that integration with PlayStation Network will arrive, so we're prepared to update our games with that functionality when it is available."

That sounds promising. I successfully got MGS and RE1 on my vita so I'm happy with that. Looking forward to Ico and SoTC crossplay support coming. That's such a killer feature with so few games supported.

bread's done
Back