The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sony has found a way to target Cheapest's PS3 with their updates to anger him every time they put one out.[/QUOTE]

That's because they touch the cheapest within.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sony has found a way to target Cheapest's PS3 with their updates to anger him every time they put one out.[/QUOTE]

The power of technology is breathtaking.

You guys reset the controllers and then resynced them by plugging into the system with a usb cable right?

I say this because someone wrote about resetting the system, and not the controllers.

(there's a small pinhole on the back of the controller, use a paperclip, etc)

I don't know if the update does it or not,but ever since I get signed out of psn when I never did before. It isn't in the middle of a game either. If I start up another game it acts like I'm not signed in all of a sudden. Cheap is at it again. I would miss him If he was gone.:lol:

I can finally view my profile again.
The whole facebook thing is really lame.
The colors are cool, but they need more avatars.

I read a rumor that Sony was thinking about using Mozilla Firefox as their new web browser.

edit: Damn I really want more games that use the in game music feature.. Sony needs to get the ball rolling on that. Also custom avatars! I can't take these lackluster avatars anymore.. they're making me sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']I read a rumor that Sony was thinking about using Mozilla Firefox as their new web browser.[/QUOTE]
I hope this is true. Its impossible to watch YouTube on PS3 some times.

I hope not. Firefox has gone to shit in the last update or two. It crashes a lot more now, which was the reason I switched to it about a year or so ago.

Actually, it seems like only those of us with slim PS3's are having the sync issues.

As for me, I've tried keeping the controller plugged in and then resetting it and then pressing the PS button when the system is powered on to try and get it to re-sync.

Total pita though.

That's what I've done a couple of times as well as the resetting the console, dallow. Thus far, this latest reset seems to be working ok, but it does that for a day or so then goes back to being messed up.

We'll see. If it's messed up again tomorrow, I'll try turning on the console via the reset button, then plugging in the controller after resetting it and see if that permanently fixes it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hope not. Firefox has gone to shit in the last update or two. It crashes a lot more now, which was the reason I switched to it about a year or so ago.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that it has ever crashed on me... so far so good. I love it... its good imo.

fuck! looks like I spoke too soon earlier... The sync issues are back. Once I did a hard reset and had the console re-detect my HDMI settings it magically recognized all my controllers again.

if they do make firefox the next browser, I wonder I'd you'll be able to install addins like adblock, noscript, and flashblock...

[quote name='jh6269']if they do make firefox the next browser, I wonder I'd you'll be able to install addins like adblock, noscript, and flashblock...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love it because you can customize it so easily.

Weird, my controllers are having trouble synching up. It's only for the old Sixaxis ones. The Dual shock 3s are fine though.

I just started having syncing issues with my controller. Resetting the controller doesn't work. I have to turn the system off and on to get the controller functional.

[quote name='Blackout']I just started having syncing issues with my controller. Resetting the controller doesn't work. I have to turn the system off and on to get the controller functional.[/QUOTE]

I've started having sync problems about every other time I turn on my PS3 now. I have to reset it by pushing the power button on the console to fix it. I'm not sure if this is related to the update but my network connection seemed to be really laggy today as well. I tried to play Ghostbusters on-line and it was lagging like crazy. I've never seen it this bad.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And people said I was 'just complaining bout the PS3 for the sake of complaining' when I said I was having sync issues since the update.

Mind you, mine seem to have resolved themselves, so I'm ok for now.

Of course, now that I said that I'm going to end up have sync issues the next time I go to turn on my PS3.:roll:

[quote name='Chitown021']I've started having sync problems about every other time I turn on my PS3 now. I have to reset it by pushing the power button on the console to fix it. I'm not sure if this is related to the update but my network connection seemed to be really laggy today as well. I tried to play Ghostbusters on-line and it was lagging like crazy. I've never seen it this bad.[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters is known to be a little laggy online. Hopefully it's just that.

[quote name='Chitown021']I've started having sync problems about every other time I turn on my PS3 now. I have to reset it by pushing the power button on the console to fix it. I'm not sure if this is related to the update but my network connection seemed to be really laggy today as well. I tried to play Ghostbusters on-line and it was lagging like crazy. I've never seen it this bad.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. The past two times I've turned on my system I've had the controller problems.

fuckin' sync issues are back for me again after not having them for 2-3 days or so. This is getting to be a total pain in the fuckin' ass.

Leave it up to Sony to break their own motherfuckin' console. Good going, jackoffs at Sony. How about fixing this piece of shit update with a patch and don't add in MySpace or Twitter bullshit or anything extra this time?

EDIT: OK, let's see how quickly Sony bans me for using an F-bomb in their precious fuckin' 'blog' where they toot their own horn. I'm sick of this friggin' company.

Hell no. I don't want a Wii or a 360, with the Wii being because I don't see any Grand Theft Auto or similar titles showing up on it anytime soon(if ever) and the 360 because of the failure rate and continued issues.

But I would like Sony to at least bug test their FW(and not by using PSN users as guinea pigs)and stop putting so much stupid shit in the updates.

How about IAmTheCheapestGamer get his own dedicated ranting thread in the PS3 forum?

He gets a place to vent every frustration he feels. Everyone else can focus on discussing the topic at hand without having to bash their heads against the keyboards.

Sounds like a Win-Win to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hell no. I don't want a Wii or a 360, with the Wii being because I don't see any Grand Theft Auto or similar titles showing up on it anytime soon(if ever) and the 360 because of the failure rate and continued issues.

But I would like Sony to at least bug test their FW(and not by using PSN users as guinea pigs)and stop putting so much stupid shit in the updates.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should contact Sony? I'm sure they would love to tailor the firmware update for you, one user, versus the roughly other 25,999,999 users...just sayin'.

I've been getting the trophy sync issue the last couple days, though I'm wondering if it's a network issue (ports wise). Either way, not a big issue, it'll be fixed, we all know that, and it's not preventing me from enjoying ANYTHING.

[quote name='Ecofreak']How about IAmTheCheapestGamer get his own dedicated ranting thread in the PS3 forum?

He gets a place to vent every frustration he feels. Everyone else can focus on discussing the topic at hand without having to bash their heads against the keyboards.

Sounds like a Win-Win for me.[/QUOTE]

This. THIS THIS THISTHISTHIS. (!)

EDIT: +1 (X infinity)

[quote name='SynGamer']Perhaps you should contact Sony? I'm sure they would love to tailor the firmware update for you, one user, versus the roughly other 25,999,999 users...just sayin'.

I've been getting the trophy sync issue the last couple days, though I'm wondering if it's a network issue (ports wise). Either way, not a big issue, it'll be fixed, we all know that, and it's not preventing me from enjoying ANYTHING.[/QUOTE]

Well, the controller sync issue is stopping me from enjoying my entire time I'm on my PS3 since I have to mess with the controller to get it to work as it did before the 3.10 update.

The trophy shit I could give a crap less about.

I've updated a while now with no syncing issues (so far). Only had to fix the video settings back to match the TV resolution and reselect XMB color.

The indifference to trophies is something I share though.

C'mon Sony where is 3.11 to fix these issues. I'm still having the sync issues and my on-line games lag almost every single time. Since our recent move my PS3 is within 5 feet or so of my router. I may try a direct connect to see if it works any better than WiFi.

[quote name='Ecofreak']How about IAmTheCheapestGamer get his own dedicated ranting thread in the PS3 forum?

Sounds like a Win-Win to me.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. There are 3000+ posts in this thread and the majority are about cheapest bitching about the forced firmware updates, or whatever else his cheap ass wants to say about Sony.

[quote name='Chitown021']C'mon Sony where is 3.11 to fix these issues. I'm still having the sync issues and my on-line games lag almost every single time. Since our recent move my PS3 is within 5 feet or so of my router. I may try a direct connect to see if it works any better than WiFi.[/QUOTE]

It's not your connection, the problem is on Sony's end. If you keep trying to manually re-sync, sooner or later, you'll get it (usually takes me 5-10 attempts). Also, you could try to sync at non-peak times... I always sync it around midnight and it works.

Of course, I never had these issues until I was forced to update to 3.01 firmware because of MW2. Or maybe it was Activision's patches for MW2 which caused these problems since they had to patch the game upon launch, and then brought out another patch to fix the issues of the original patch...:roll:

[quote name='mtxbass1']I agree. There are 3000+ posts in this thread and the majority are about cheapest bitching about the forced firmware updates, or whatever else his cheap ass wants to say about Sony.[/QUOTE]

But if you notice though, I'm not the only one wanting an update to fix this update this time, since it's messed up quite a few PS3's now.

I'm getting a little sick and tired of having to re-sync after every 3-4 days.

How about you idiots leave Cheapest alone? He's right you know. Sony really needs to stop this crap because the updates have not given us anything of value. I'm still on 2.76 because of all the problems the new FW brings. I intend to keep my 60gb running and NOT pay Sony $150 for them to break it and erase my data. Sony is only losing money by not letting me into PSN and I need to slow down buying new games as well.

I've been making my voice heard in numerous places so if enough of us speak up we should be able to end the abuse. We just want the games, nothing else. All the rest of this fluff crap is breaking our consoles.

Myself and millions of others have had ZERO UPDATE PROBLEMS. Yall be paranoid. If you just want games, buy a PS2 or Wii, because the PS3 is marketed as a MULTIMEDIA DEVICE with NUMEROUS CAPABILITIES. If you didnt realize that involved constant updates, then you should do more research before you make a 400 dollar purchase

There's an easy fix to get around the controller sync issues that seem to be happening to the PS3 Slims - turn on the PS3 first and after the XMB loads, press the PS button on the controller. It works every time.

[quote name='angel_of_ioren']There's an easy fix to get around the controller sync issues that seem to be happening to the PS3 Slims - turn on the PS3 first and after the XMB loads, press the PS button on the controller. It works every time.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but its still inconvenient for some of us.

[quote name='Brownjohn']That may be true, but its still inconvenient for some of us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see that I guess. My controllers sit next to the console when I'm not using it so it makes no difference to me.

[quote name='smiggity']Myself and millions of others have had ZERO UPDATE PROBLEMS. Yall be paranoid. If you just want games, buy a PS2 or Wii, because the PS3 is marketed as a MULTIMEDIA DEVICE with NUMEROUS CAPABILITIES. If you didnt realize that involved constant updates, then you should do more research before you make a 400 dollar purchase[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean it's safe.

Oh I have both and enjoy them, why can't the PS3 be the same way? When I bought it I assumed there'd be a rare update or two, but nowhere near the frequency they appear and nowhere near as useless. I had zero intention on watching a movie or putting music/pics on it so why am I forced to do so just to keep playing games? Sony used to be so much better but they really dropped the ball this gen. It hurts to say that after the success they had on PS1 and PS2. I quit using the PSP years ago because of the updates and I'll probably hesitate to buy future hardware too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back