The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had any sync issues with my controller. Although it does suddenly start running in a game at random times by its self. I'm still using a six axis. I really need a Dualshock 3.

Well you may not be hesitant to update, you don't want the non-gaming crap either. Nobody does and we should all request Sony focus their attention on games alone. They did well in the last two gens and now that they lost focus the PSP bombed and the PS3 is suffering. There's no reason for it, everyone has a PC for the fluff made redundant on PS3.

[quote name='DPsx7']Well you may not be hesitant to update, you don't want the non-gaming crap either. Nobody does and we should all request Sony focus their attention on games alone. They did well in the last two gens and now that they lost focus the PSP bombed and the PS3 is suffering. There's no reason for it, everyone has a PC for the fluff made redundant on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Stop talking plz.

I've been having the controller sync issue since the update but this is easily dealt with till Sony fixes it in a future update. All one has to do is get up and turn on the PS3 then sit down and push the PS button on the controller once the logo is displayed. It's inconvenient at best but at least my system still works and I can still play games wirelessly. /shrug

[quote name='DPsx7']Well you may not be hesitant to update, you don't want the non-gaming crap either. Nobody does and we should all request Sony focus their attention on games alone. They did well in the last two gens and now that they lost focus the PSP bombed and the PS3 is suffering. There's no reason for it, everyone has a PC for the fluff made redundant on PS3.[/QUOTE]

In what alternate reality is selling 55.9 million of an item considered bombing?

[quote name='SEH']Stop talking plz.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I won't be doing that. The truth needs to be told and Sony needs to know what we don't want.

[quote name='mwynn']In what alternate reality is selling 55.9 million of an item considered bombing?[/QUOTE]

That's not a lot, and most were probably hacked. UMD movies failed, other models of PSP failed to sell, and the Go is pretty much a joke. Like I said there was no focus, Sony didn't know if they wanted a game device, an MP3 player, or a movie viewer, so all 3 functions suffered. Nevermind the other fluff that went unused.

Normally, I'd go into a long rant and try to defend the PS3... blah blah blah... No one cares.... All I can say is that I'm going to enjoy my PS3, I'm enjoying the games, I love the picture viewer, I enjoy the web browser, and I enjoy the games. All I can do is enjoy my PS3....

I just want to say one thing, the device is the device, what you get out of it, is determined on how well you utilize it. Don';t just sit in the corner complaining about what features are in and out.... enjoy the system for what it is and leave it at that. If you desire more, then use other devices.

Earth to Dpsx7:

Sony does not read this forum, they have their own forum on their website, go complain to them. This thread is for legitimate issues and questions.

Start your own blog or rant thread, please. Or go on Sony's site and complain, they are the only ones who can accompdate you.

[quote name='smiggity']Myself and millions of others have had ZERO UPDATE PROBLEMS. Yall be paranoid. If you just want games, buy a PS2 or Wii, because the PS3 is marketed as a MULTIMEDIA DEVICE with NUMEROUS CAPABILITIES. If you didnt realize that involved constant updates, then you should do more research before you make a 400 dollar purchase[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....let's see.... I had ZERO issues with my controllers up until the update. Moreover, others on this very thread had ZERO issues until the update.

But now many of us are suffering through our controllers losing sync with the system and having to fumble with resetting them and the console just to get them to work right again, only to have to do this AGAIN in another 3-4 days.

So, to me, that IS an issue. An issue that I(and others) want FIXED. But, as I said on the PS Blog already, Sony has our money so they don't give a shit to fix what THEY broke and do it in a timely fashion.

As for the PS3 being marketed as a multimedia device, where are they this gen? BINGO! The numbers say it all. Until this most recent price drop to $300 for the 120gb slim model people spoke with their wallet by buying game systems that....you know...play GAMES. While the 360 may indeed do other things besides playing games, they have marketed it as a gaming machine for the most part. Where are they in sales?

That's what Sony has forgotten this gen, though now that they have FINALLY priced it to actually sell to people other than the people using it as a movie player they may actually stand a chance.

[quote name='DPsx7']How about you idiots leave Cheapest alone? He's right you know. Sony really needs to stop this crap because the updates have not given us anything of value. I'm still on 2.76 because of all the problems the new FW brings. I intend to keep my 60gb running and NOT pay Sony $150 for them to break it and erase my data. Sony is only losing money by not letting me into PSN and I need to slow down buying new games as well.

I've been making my voice heard in numerous places so if enough of us speak up we should be able to end the abuse. We just want the games, nothing else. All the rest of this fluff crap is breaking our consoles.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit ignorant don't you think. So just because the updates don't add any value to YOU, it's a waste?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmm....let's see.... I had ZERO issues with my controllers up until the update. Moreover, others on this very thread had ZERO issues until the update.

But now many of us are suffering through our controllers losing sync with the system and having to fumble with resetting them and the console just to get them to work right again, only to have to do this AGAIN in another 3-4 days.

So, to me, that IS an issue. An issue that I(and others) want FIXED. But, as I said on the PS Blog already, Sony has our money so they don't give a shit to fix what THEY broke and do it in a timely fashion.

As for the PS3 being marketed as a multimedia device, where are they this gen? BINGO! The numbers say it all. Until this most recent price drop to $300 for the 120gb slim model people spoke with their wallet by buying game systems that....you know...play GAMES. While the 360 may indeed do other things besides playing games, they have marketed it as a gaming machine for the most part. Where are they in sales?

That's what Sony has forgotten this gen, though now that they have FINALLY priced it to actually sell to people other than the people using it as a movie player they may actually stand a chance.[/QUOTE]

MS is actually on par sales wise with Sony. They launched a year ahead of Sony, and don't give me any bullshit that "it doesn't matter when they launched. Blah blah blah". If you compare sales, both consoles are on par...so considering the PS3 offers Blu-ray and free online, I'd say the people HAVE spoken with their wallets and are buying the PS3 at the same rate as the PS3. If you wanted just a gaming machine, you should have stuck with the PS2/last generation. If you aren't going to innovate and add features/functions, then what's the point in releasing a console for the next generation if it's going to be the same?

[quote name='SynGamer']That's a bit ignorant don't you think. So just because the updates don't add any value to YOU, it's a waste?[/QUOTE]

The only updates that added value for me were the ones that added in in-game XMB/PM's and the text chat.

Otherwise, they've all been shit to me. Even PC updates aren't ALL required, so give me the bug fixes and give me the option to skip the rest of the crap.

[quote name='SynGamer']MS is actually on par sales wise with Sony. They launched a year ahead of Sony, and don't give me any bullshit that "it doesn't matter when they launched. Blah blah blah". If you compare sales, both consoles are on par...so considering the PS3 offers Blu-ray and free online, I'd say the people HAVE spoken with their wallets and are buying the PS3 at the same rate as the PS3. If you wanted just a gaming machine, you should have stuck with the PS2/last generation. If you aren't going to innovate and add features/functions, then what's the point in releasing a console for the next generation if it's going to be the same?[/QUOTE]

Because some of us want GAME machines? At least if they would give us the option of downloading these silly updates, especially before they've been bug tested by the other guinea pigs....errrrrrr PS3 owners.

Had I known that this update would cause the sync issues, I wouldn't have downloaded it.

But that brings me to the next issue, in that they don't allow you access to PSN until you download AND install the stupid fuckin' updates. I can still use my PC without downloading and installing updates and I can still get online with it, so why are Sony a bunch of hardasses about 'you MUST download and install this to get online'.

And before you say 'don't say that here, we can't do shit about it', I already HAVE complained on the PS blog. But like I said before, Sony has our money already, so they don't give a shit to give some of us(and I can't be alone in the not liking the updates thing)what we want.

If a future update is going to potentially fuck up my PS3 worse than just controller sync issues, I don't want to risk it, but I also want to still be able to go online with it in the meantime.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because some of us want GAME machines? At least if they would give us the option of downloading these silly updates, especially before they've been bug tested by the other guinea pigs....errrrrrr PS3 owners.

Had I known that this update would cause the sync issues, I wouldn't have downloaded it.

But that brings me to the next issue, in that they don't allow you access to PSN until you download AND install the stupid fuckin' updates. I can still use my PC without downloading and installing updates and I can still get online with it, so why are Sony a bunch of hardasses about 'you MUST download and install this to get online'.

And before you say 'don't say that here, we can't do shit about it', I already HAVE complained on the PS blog. But like I said before, Sony has our money already, so they don't give a shit to give some of us(and I can't be alone in the not liking the updates thing)what we want.

If a future update is going to potentially fuck up my PS3 worse than just controller sync issues, I don't want to risk it, but I also want to still be able to go online with it in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Firmware updates are required in order to prevent the PS3 from being hacked (or at least that's the goal). If you'll notice, the PS3 is the ONLY console this generation to still remain elusive to hackers. That's VERY good for both Sony and developers...

No console lets you online without being up-to-date and Sony's not going to change that. That's the way it should be done, though they should allow for the option to show or hide things you don't want on the dashboard or XMB, especially on the Xbox 360.

[quote name='SynGamer']Firmware updates are required in order to prevent the PS3 from being hacked (or at least that's the goal). If you'll notice, the PS3 is the ONLY console this generation to still remain elusive to hackers. That's VERY good for both Sony and developers...[/QUOTE]

Good for them, but with how glitchy some of these damn games being released now are they deserve to be pirated since no one should have to pay for such horribly developed shit. I'm not saying I condone it, as I prefer to buy legit copies of games, but some of these are just not worth the money and the companies that are releasing them need to go out of business.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No console lets you online without being up-to-date and Sony's not going to change that. That's the way it should be done, though they should allow for the option to show or hide things you don't want on the dashboard or XMB, especially on the Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

What they SHOULD do is allow you to pick and choose what portions of the updates you want outside of the bug/glitch fixes. I don't need nor would I ever want a friggin' Facebook icon or that functionality. So, why not give me the choice on this shit, since it SHOULD be optional.

I'm pretty sure a good portion of the update size would go away with the fluff crap they've been adding. Let people decide what they want on their PS3.

Yeah, well when I CAN enjoy the PS3 as intended then it would be cool. Instead I'm held hostage, conned into DL'ing crap I do not need (nor anyone else needs) to play my games. Tell me why I have to use Facebook, watch movies, put pics and music, or use Home to play a damn PS3 game. Please I want to know.

Way ahead of you. I've already sent plenty of notes to tech support asking how to get around the updates or for ways to contact Sony and voice my concerns. I also post on the underground forums in hopes that if I spread the word it will be seen.

[quote name='DPsx7']Yeah, well when I CAN enjoy the PS3 as intended then it would be cool. Instead I'm held hostage, conned into DL'ing crap I do not need (nor anyone else needs) to play my games. Tell me why I have to use Facebook, watch movies, put pics and music, or use Home to play a damn PS3 game. Please I want to know.[/QUOTE]
You don't. You're the only one that's holding yourself hostage.

How do you mean? If I don't then why can't I use PSN? Nowhere on the box does it say you must use the non-gaming crap before you can play games. Doesn't Sony realize they did better when that junk wasn't on the console?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You don't. You're the only one that's holding yourself hostage.[/QUOTE]

But what they're saying is that they don't need all of those added things and why can't Sony allow us to decide if we want them or not or even if we want to update or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back