The Official PSP Pre-Order Information Thread

I made updates to the list. $250 with $50 games (some $40)...ouch! I still think this will be in high demand through the first two to three months. Pretty disappointed in the launch list though, only titles I'm halfway interested in are Lumines and MGS Acid. Where the heck is Hot Shots Golf dang it!!???

Dropped a $100 deposit at Gamestop yesterday; will pay off the remainder by the end of the month. I'm picking up the software at Best Buy on launch day (planning to use the $5 GGC coupons on each game I want).

I went to EBGames today and used the $230 in store credit (plus $20 out of my pocket) I had to preorder and completely pay for mine. I figured that I had the money and credit now so I might as well use it up and not have to worry about it on release day.

As far as games go I plan on picking something up at Best Buy with GGC. I'll probably limit myself to just one game when I get it, which will more than likely be MGS Ac!d or Untold Legends.

Now its just a waiting game!

I had $20.00 down at GameCrazy but I got the call today that I would have the preorder the package with 3 games and an Acc. which is quite gay. So I went down there, got my refund and went to Gamestop. There I put down $50.00 for the normal Spider-Man 2 package.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I had $20.00 down at GameCrazy but I got the call today that I would have the preorder the package with 3 games and an Acc. which is quite gay. So I went down there, got my refund and went to Gamestop. There I put down $50.00 for the normal Spider-Man 2 package.[/quote]

Ouch

That is really crazy. I went to my local Eb and talked to the manager to make sure I wouldnt be forced into buying a package. Only when he told me that its my choice on what I buy did I make the pre-order.

Now I know a mangs word aint exactly much anymore so I made sure I could cancel my deposit if anything.

Pre-Ordered mine Last night. Interesting Info... Take it or leave it.
Greensboro, NC

Mine will be in the second shipment. I went to 2 ebgames and both said that mine would have to be in the second shipment that should arrive 1-2 weeks after launch day. Second manager said all ebgames are working from second shipments now, even online.

No bundle required in-store. Guy kind of looked at me funny cause I was asking him all kinds of stuff as though I was buying online. He said it didn't matter what I bought. So I put 20 down on the PSP, 10 each on Wipeout Pure & Lumines. I'm figuring a few people won't pick theirs up on launch day or will cancel their pre-orders and I'll end up with one at launch. Or I'll just pre-order elsewhere and get my money back.
-G

Ummm.... That thread is primarily about hardware pre-orders. I just re-read it and I had posted there before. I'm interested in what games people are getting.

The Maxella EB in LA said they were near 90 preorders and close to closing it. I put down $20 today. They said games were $5 each to preorder, but I don't think I'll reserve the ones I want (Metal Gear Ac!d, Lumines, maybe Coded Arms). I was originally just in there to pick up a Wario Ware: Touched, anyway.

I'm in no hurry to pick up a Memory Stick Pro Duo. I'm already being forced to get the overpriced 32 MB unit from Sony. When the PSP hits the market there will be a major spike in demand for Duos and this should drive some promotional pricing. Later this year some new developments in flash memory technology will drive some major price drops.

I expect to be able to buy a 1 GB MS Pro Duo for well under $80 before the end of the year.

I expect to be able to buy a 1 GB MS Pro Duo for well under $80 before the end of the year.

Same here.

Hopefully there will be deep discounts on pro duos on black Friday. After MIR of course.

[quote name='amped']

Same here.

Hopefully there will be deep discounts on pro duos on black Friday. After MIR of course.[/quote]

I think you're both right. I don't mind paying the extra $30-40 to be able to play a full movie and then some off my PSP at launch. But I will also be on the lookout for a good deal on my 2nd 'much cheaper' Duo towards the end of this year too.

[quote name='levi333']Preordered at gamecrazy, hopefully ill get it at launch. Was 25 for the system, and 5 for metal gear.[/quote]

Me too, last saturday, as soon as I heard they stopped doing that $400 bundle. They told me over the phone that they didn't know if I would get it on launch, but in the store, the employee I preordered it from said that I would. I'm scared! What did they tell you, and when did you PO it?

[quote name='arrrggghhh'][quote name='levi333']Preordered at gamecrazy, hopefully ill get it at launch. Was 25 for the system, and 5 for metal gear.[/quote]

Me too, last saturday, as soon as I heard they stopped doing that $400 bundle. They told me over the phone that they didn't know if I would get it on launch, but in the store, the employee I preordered it from said that I would. I'm scared! What did they tell you, and when did you PO it?[/quote]

Wow--my store never did a bundle as far as I know of, I reserved it in Jan...25 for the system itself, and as late as last week I asked about it after the price was announced, and they said they would have it at launch!

If I read this correctly, and I like to think that I have...

Onsale.com has *2* different 1GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo available to order. BOTH are out of stock at the moment.

The $105 unit seems to be the "colored" version of these units that you can see pictures of at EBGames.com. I had pre-ordered one of these there for $149.99, not realizing anyone had cheaper prices available. But they are still available through Onsale.com HERE.

Then there are the "regular" Blue 1GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo units available for $112 or so. Either unit cost another $8 to ship UPS ground, but the prices are still pretty good.

I've received an e-mail indicating my memory stick is pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up on the deal!!!

Bestbuy's website has the PSP on it now, although it's only accepting preorders of games and accessories.

Also thought I'd share a website that is doing a very good job of keeping track of where the US PSP is being sold online. You can also leave your email and get updates sent to you although I can't endorse doing so yet because I just signed up for this today. Enjoy.

PSP4US

[quote name='merkman']If I read this correctly, and I like to think that I have...

Onsale.com has *2* different 1GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo available to order. BOTH are out of stock at the moment.

The $105 unit seems to be the "colored" version of these units that you can see pictures of at EBGames.com. I had pre-ordered one of these there for $149.99, not realizing anyone had cheaper prices available. But they are still available through Onsale.com HERE.

Then there are the "regular" Blue 1GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo units available for $112 or so. Either unit cost another $8 to ship UPS ground, but the prices are still pretty good.

I've received an e-mail indicating my memory stick is pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up on the deal!!![/quote]

Did you call the onsale.com for the availability of the item ? I called yesterday about the 1gb pro duo, the regular one not the gaming multi colored one. The rep said that they wont be getting any of those in untill the end of March.

With no assurance that I could get one by the time I get my psp I couldnt order from there.

[quote name='little_krampy']Just include place, amount of $$ to reserve, and any other information you may pick up from the employee (except for rumors and stuff like that). No import information, just U.S. Also, some stores may require more or less for a down payment...please include the different prices. Thanks.

IN STORE PREORDERS
EDIT: Doesn't look like any of these places are cutting preorders off, but I would think your chance of getting a first shipment PSP are pretty slim if you're just preordering. I heard the 2nd shipment is a week maybe two behind the first shipment. Who knows though...it's Sony!
EB
$5-$20

Gamestop
$50

FYE
$15

Gamecrazy
$10-$25
Receive 12 free Hollywood Video rentals free when you pick up your preordered PSP.
EDIT: Seen a couple reports now of GameCrazy screwing people into preordering 3 games + and accessory, even those who preordered several weeks to months ago. Someone needs to tell these clowns that's only online preordering is working that way. I'd avoid GameCrazy!

Gamerush
Taking preorders, but I have no details.

Media Play
$50, sign said something about a bundle didn't confirm if this was the $250 PSP bundle or if MP was requiring a purchase of games &/or assessories.

ONLINE PREORDERS
EBgames.com
Noticed on site as of the evening of 1/26/05.
Link $399.95 w/3 games and an accessory.

Gamestop.com
Noticed on site as of the evening of 1/27/05.
Gamestop.com's bundles
Wish GS would make up their frickin' mind...everytime I visit their site they have a new bundle or set of bundles up.

Costco.com
Who knows how many of these Costco is getting, but this was listed fairly recently (2/4/05) AND it's for $248. It will be shipped to you when it's available...eeeeeee, when's that...May!
Link
EDIT: Costco took it off their website.
EDIT: I'll leave this here just for fun, but I thought I read that all these Costco orders were cancelled. I could be wrong on that. Who the heck pre-orders a new console from Costco anyway?

BestBuy.com
First seen 2/20/05, for hardware just the Value Pack is listed at $249.99 here. Preordering of the games and accessories is available, but website at the time of this edit is not accepting preorders for the system.

No sign CC or Target having preorders yet.

NEW ADDITION: DID YOU ORDER/PURCHASE YOUR MEMORY STICK DUO?
I recently purchased a 1.0GB Sandisk MS Pro Duo from onsale.com. It was BY FAR the cheapest price I found by at least $15. The price was $106.75 shipped and I now see that the price went up to $112.50 which is still a very good price for a 1.0GB duo.

Link to 1.0GB Duo at OnSale.com

Also available:

512MB Sandisk for $56.50 Edit: Baaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! up to $60.99
256MB Sandisk for $34.25 Edit: Baaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! up to $36.99

Scan of the actual memory stick I got from OnSale.com!!!!!

And I hope it doesn't seem like I'm promoting OnSale.com...if anyone finds better deals please let me know. I'll post them faster than you can say C-A-G! And yes, I'm sure you could buy 30 $1 games from TRU and get enough ebgames credit for a 1.0GB Duo but I'm talking more about cheap online or B&M prices.

EDIT: See merkman's comment on page 4 about the cheaper duo's on onsale.com. My comments are about the blue ones that are available now. He talks about the colored ones like the ones listed on ebgames.com which will come out around the time of the PSP launch. Apparently no more free shipping from onsale.com, which hurts the deal some.[/quote]

Hi OP, how long ago did you order your 1GB Ms Pro Duo? They seem to be out of stock for a while.. I really need one for my cell phone..
thanks

It's $50 down to preorder at Gamerush. They're limited to only 5 preorders per store, so act fast. They also won't force you to buy a package deal.

I also had a ton of credit left from the DVD trade in, so this is where I'm picking mine up.

[quote name='chwang0129']Hi OP, how long ago did you order your 1GB Ms Pro Duo? They seem to be out of stock for a while.. I really need one for my cell phone..
thanks[/quote]

I placed an order (while the site said backorder/call us) on Feb 6th. Didn't call...just went through the website. On Feb 10th I received an email saying the duo shipped. Few days later it was on my doorstep. My only use for the duo was the PSP...so I figured I place an order even though they were backordered and if it shipped a month or a month and a half from that day that would be fine. I was surprised I got it so fast.

If you aren't in a rush to get extra memory then you should just wait out a good deal. I thought the games only used like 700kb for a savegame, so 32MB should be enough for quite a few savegames.

I got a Sony 512mb pro duo stick 2 months back for $34 from Circuitcity, I sadly sold this to a family member and I'm kicking myself for it.

I will be on the lookout for another decent deal like that and will post it when I see one.

Here's something weird..

I had pre-ordered 2 PSP's at different Gamestops and got a call today from one saying it was cancelling my pre-order and refunding my credit. Something about 1 PSP per customer but I had thought it was per store not for all of Gamestop.

Hm, I pre-ordered 2 from a GameStop store (one on first shipment, one on second) and a 3rd psp (first shipment) from another GameStop Store with no problem.

I'm not even sure how they knew I pre-ordered 1 each from different stores and why they would bother. The one that called (was 2nd place I had pre-ordered about 3 days after the first) just left a message about canceling the preorder and the guy said I should come in to get my credit taken off the PSP and put back onto a receipt - like that's gonna happen.

I'll just show up March 24th and see what happens. Hopefully they'll forget all about this in the launch day confusion. Or if I can actually get a hold of one, they can either let me buy it or try to pry it from my cold, dead hands. :)

[quote name='sasukekun']Hm, I pre-ordered 2 from a GameStop store (one on first shipment, one on second) and a 3rd psp (first shipment) from another GameStop Store with no problem.[/quote]

Are there any cheap online stores that actually have the 1GB stick in stock? I don't see a single one at this point.

[quote name='WhiteRob']Are there any cheap online stores that actually have the 1GB stick in stock? I don't see a single one at this point.[/quote]

I don't see anything either. Cheapest I found in stock was like $165 shipped. Like I said before with onsale.com it said out of stock...I placed my order anyway and they shipped me one 4-5 days later. I'd find a place online that lets you place an order on backorder and then just wait it out. PSP isn't here for another month you know, you have time. Unless Sandisk gets cranking on these their cheaper duo will be very hard to find in March and April.

[quote name='donkeykong91'][quote name='flizmo007']Amazon(Toys R Us) is now taking online pre-orders. $249 for the value Pack

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TFLLC/ref=nosim/slickdeals/102-8672252-6284919

Edit- All gone[/quote]

Thank you for posting this! I meant to reply earlier but couldn't find the time. I know, sorry excuse.

I was able to pre-order this and also pre-ordered WipeOut Pure and Ridge Racers![/quote]

My order was cancelled:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

"Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Value Pack"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only
pay for items when we ship them to you.

Your order is now closed.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com
==============================

[quote name='little_krampy']I don't see anything either. Cheapest I found in stock was like $165 shipped. Like I said before with onsale.com it said out of stock...I placed my order anyway and they shipped me one 4-5 days later. I'd find a place online that lets you place an order on backorder and then just wait it out. PSP isn't here for another month you know, you have time. Unless Sandisk gets cranking on these their cheaper duo will be very hard to find in March and April.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm gonna go ahead and order the gaming one for OnSale and hope that it ships before the PSP comes out. The main reason I'd want it now is because I've got a Cybershot with a weak 32MB card at the moment. :\

[quote name='bmarquardt']My order was cancelled:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

"Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Value Pack"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only
pay for items when we ship them to you.

Your order is now closed.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
[/quote]

I received the same e-mail this evening. :(

My games were still on the order, but I went ahead and cancelled them.

I am worried that 512 and 1GB sticks are going to be hard to find as the PSP launches in the USA.

What are you thoughts on this?

[quote name='CheapyD']I am worried that 512 and 1GB sticks are going to be hard to find as the PSP launches in the USA.

What are you thoughts on this?[/quote]

Use the 32mb stick for save games and dream about ripping dvds to sticks?

[quote name='CheapyD']I am worried that 512 and 1GB sticks are going to be hard to find as the PSP launches in the USA.

maybe we should hoard them all collectively and then resell them. profits will go to CAG ;)

I think both Sandisk and Sony will be ramping up production of Duo sticks accordingly. I doubt too many people will invest in the costly larger Duo cards after splurging more than $300 for the system and games.

bread's done
Back