The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fayyaz100']Also, did they announce the prizes before or after the deadline last year?[/QUOTE]

They announced the prizes on February 26th.

[quote name='Fayyaz100']Also, did they announce the prizes before or after the deadline last year?[/QUOTE]

last year they announced on February 26.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you'd think seeing as it's the final month before they restart the year, they'd announce the rewards by now. Well, hopefully later this week or next week.

Hmm, PSP GO perhaps? With the FFXIII and FFXIV flops (I'm sure they were betting these would be their biggest money makers), I am not hopeful of a good prize compared to last year. Last year was its inaugral year.

Could they be waiting until March 11 when the iPad2 comes out to announce the prizes?

Hmmmm, this suspense is tough, especially since I spent a lot of time getting enough codes for 7 ultimate accounts.

Edit: All while hunting for guides :)

Yeah, I don't think that's it. I mean the reward for Japan this year is an art plate.

FF13PlateSet.JPG

FF13Plate.JPG

SEMBox.JPG

SEMBoxFFFan.JPG

Also, holy fuck. You have seven accounts at ultimate status? Can I have one of your art plates? I'll name him George and I'll love him!

wow cool. were the rewards for the u.s. the same as japan last year? also how did you find out about the japan rewards? what did they get for gold, silver, and bronze?

I tried googling what rewards japanese SE members received last year and couldn't find anything, unlike the several pages of results for the US rewards from verious gaming sites.

Wow, that would be an enormous letdown. I mean, a cheap prize (for them to provide) that would be way better than an art plate would be your choice of one upcoming game for this year. By cheap for them, I mean there's little expense for them to provide a game they are publishing - just the potential lost income if you were going to buy it on release. But it isn't 1/10 the cost to them that the iPod was.

That reminds me, I need to play that free game I got with the iPod last year. I think I chose Song Summoner.

A note for your who only got 35 points for KH Re:coded: I've been going back and forth with customer service for a few days now, and they eventually gave me the 15 points I was missing. Apparently if you registered it later, you might only deserver the 35 points, but I registered it the day after release and apparently should've gotten 50.

I'd probably contact them (I registered the day it came out & only got 35), but seeing as it's only 15 points, I'd just be at 60 points needed instead of 75, so I'd still need to register 2 more games, so it's not really worth it.

& I remember that art place. People thought it was a hint at a sequel (which, seeing as FFXIII 2 was announced, could've been). I wouldn't mind getting that....as long as that's the reward for Gold. Though seeing as it says right on it "Ultimate", most likely not....

I would take that as an ultimate prize. I think SE has just spoiled all of you guys with the ipod touch. Trust me that was just a one time thing.

[quote name='jling84']I would take that as an ultimate prize. I think SE has just spoiled all of you guys with the ipod touch. Trust me that was just a one time thing.[/QUOTE]

I just knew about the ipod this year, not last year, so SE can spoil me all they want, hell they can spoil me every year. :)

[quote name='hobbes22']wow cool. were the rewards for the u.s. the same as japan last year? also how did you find out about the japan rewards? what did they get for gold, silver, and bronze?[/QUOTE]

Nah. The systems are pretty different -- hell, you can register CDs and downloaded games for points. But it's a good indicator that things will go down. But I'm not completely sure on what rewards were handed out. Searching through their news page gives me headaches.

jling84
might know. He was attempting to reach silver that year.

I would LOVE that plate honestly :) Although lightning is one of my favorite characters!

I looked through their Japan member's website, and could not find a history / blog / etc. that specified the rewards. It may be on their actual point page, but I am not a member there so I did not try to look.

I looked at the twitter as well, but I'd have to click "More" about 100 times to get back to November / December's postings..

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']If that plate had Aya on it I would freak, still a very nice prize I think.[/QUOTE]

This. I hope at least one of the prizes is Parasite Eve themed.

My theory, last time people scrambled to get the codes for the iPod. Now people are scrambling to get to ultimate status knowing that last year's was the iPod.

If they released their ultimate prize as something significantly less in value, those scramblers won't be buying games (or in our cases, codes).

-shrugs-

I still think they'll do a figurine like Club Nintendo did. I mean, they already make them, so why not?

[quote name='Zonic505']I'd probably contact them (I registered the day it came out & only got 35), but seeing as it's only 15 points, I'd just be at 60 points needed instead of 75, so I'd still need to register 2 more games, so it's not really worth it.[/QUOTE]
I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I was 15 points away from Silver ;)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Nah. The systems are pretty different -- hell, you can register CDs and downloaded games for points. But it's a good indicator that things will go down. But I'm not completely sure on what rewards were handed out. Searching through their news page gives me headaches.

jling84
might know. He was attempting to reach silver that year.[/QUOTE]

Hahah yeah I didn't get very far in that. They had some CD, a DS clear case engraved with some character from a game, and some other little things like a calendar. They've also had a FFT plate if I'm not mistaken. It was an actual plate and not a rectangular poster kind of thing.

But yeah the redemptions in Japan are much cooler. They let you redeem games, soundtracks, and even books for SE points.

Hey guys. Square Enix finally updated their site w/ some Tactics Ogre stuff:

- Chance to win a tarot card signed by Akihiko Yoshida. 22 will win. Just leave a comment about Tactics Ogre. You have until April 4th.

- They're doing an early registration bonus, this time until March 16th. Once again, you get 50 bonus points.

Well, AWESOME. I registered the game the day after it came out, so looks like I'll be getting the points (though I'll contact support just to make sure), so I'll be hitting Ultimate once I get those points & Dissidia 012.

Bah, now they announce the early registration bonus!

Oh well, but I enjoy having the security of Ultimate status weeks in advance. Not a care in the world~

The Ogre Contest is pretty cool. It's just a single card, right? Winners receive a random card from the deck signed. Dunno if I want to win a signed "Death" card.

Yes, it's just one card. They don't say which one you get. I think it's random as to which winner gets which card. Kind of wish you got the whole set & one of them was signed...but oh well. Better one than none.

& yeah, I don't get why they just NOW announce the early registration bonus for a game that's been out for over 2 weeks. I just hope that I get the points since I registered before they announced the bonus.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hey guys. Square Enix finally updated their site w/ some Tactics Ogre stuff:

- Chance to win a tarot card signed by Akihiko Yoshida. 22 will win. Just leave a comment about Tactics Ogre. You have until April 4th.

- They're doing an early registration bonus, this time until March 16th. Once again, you get 50 bonus points.

Well, AWESOME. I registered the game the day after it came out, so looks like I'll be getting the points (though I'll contact support just to make sure), so I'll be hitting Ultimate once I get those points & Dissidia 012.[/QUOTE]

I actually came here to find out if anyone had posted something like this. I just got Tactics Ogre and another Square-Enix game and registered them. Now, I have 950 points, and after March 16th, I'll have exactly 1000 points, good enough for Ultimate Tier! I even have three games left so I can get an early start on next year.

So yes, awesome indeed! Thanks for the heads up, Zonic!

No problem. I'll keep an eye out on when they announce the prizes, which'll hopefully be next week.

I should probably thank the people who help me out in getting codes (POMusashi, xycury, & my friends). I probably wouldn't have even hit Gold w/o their help.

Oh yeah, while I await my last 2 codes, I wanted to know what are the other "rewards" or "perks" to being a Gold or Ultimate member? Other than the April prizes, I could have sworn I read somewhere in S-E's FAQ that you can receive discounts and whatnot. Can anyone confirm what exactly these "perks" are?

[quote name='storino03']If you guys are short codes, people are selling them on Ebay. I bought a few from a seller. It's an option.[/QUOTE]

I think the only person selling them on ebay right now is the GameStop employee from Canada who asks for a flat rate of $6 per code. That guy annoys me; the codes cost nothing for him to swipe out of the gutted games they put up as displays on store shelves. And he still charges his $4 "handling" fee regardless of whether you have it sent via envelope (I mean, it's a slip of paper) for the price of a stamp or have it delivered via e-mail. He just circumvents ebay fees and probably makes a good profit on it.

[quote name='Blade']He just circumvents ebay fees and probably makes a good profit on it.[/QUOTE]

I'd say anything that costs nothing and sells for something is a good profit.

But I agree, he's a piece of shit.

I think there's two that are sellers on ebay. One is in the US, and the other is Canada. The US one is pretty high. Last I checked, it was $5 a code (BIN at $1). It's only decent if you buy a code or two.

[quote name='Loogs']Oh yeah, while I await my last 2 codes, I wanted to know what are the other "rewards" or "perks" to being a Gold or Ultimate member? Other than the April prizes, I could have sworn I read somewhere in S-E's FAQ that you can receive discounts and whatnot. Can anyone confirm what exactly these "perks" are?[/QUOTE]

They have never offered discounts. As far as perks, last year they gave out some E3 promo swag for people who had at least hit Bronze. They haven't really done that stuff this year. They were definitely more active with the prizes last year.

Just wondering, has anyone here won any of those sweepstakes? Just curious.

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Here's a couple FF13 codes for PS3 guys, hope they work and help somebody out

SX1C-PDKP-BX8D-ZVLX
J94F-WZMI-4OE5-XGXR[/QUOTE]I used the first code. Thank you so much.

[quote name='Blade']I think the only person selling them on ebay right now is the GameStop employee from Canada who asks for a flat rate of $6 per code. That guy annoys me; the codes cost nothing for him to swipe out of the gutted games they put up as displays on store shelves. And he still charges his $4 "handling" fee regardless of whether you have it sent via envelope (I mean, it's a slip of paper) for the price of a stamp or have it delivered via e-mail. He just circumvents ebay fees and probably makes a good profit on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that. $6 a code is way too expensive, especially since he gets them for free. I want to report that listing so eBay would take it down (you're not allowed to sell codes on eBay), but I figured it would help people who are desperate for some codes to reach a tier.

[quote name='nixmahn']Any rumors the prize may Nintendo 3DS? Launches 3/27 and it would be hell lot better and cheaper than Ipad 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

that would be cool, but i doubt SE has the money to do it this year. I think its going to be something worth around 200 or so, but only cost SE 20-30 bucks.

Right now just buying the games new from amazon it would cost you 321.81 and if you traded them right back in(112.25) it would only end up costing you around 200 bucks. + you get to keep 5 of the games b/c they have no trade in/pc games.

SE in the end probably gets at the most 50% of what we paid, so thats around 150. Taxes and other junk takes up 1/3 of that so they end up making around 100bucks. Unless They are willing to lose money by giving out the Ultimate prizes i don't think they will give out something that will cost that much to them this year.
Well sorry for rambling, thats just my thoughts on the matter. I wish it was a 3ds:)

Does Square Enix sell digital games for the DSi ware nixmahn? If so, -shrugs- it's a possiblity. Highly unlikely, but possible.

I'm setting my expectations low. I'm talking Figurine low.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Does Square Enix sell digital games for the DSi ware nixmahn? If so, -shrugs- it's a possiblity. Highly unlikely, but possible.

I'm setting my expectations low. I'm talking Figurine low.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will give out digital merchandise because I believe that they want to give out things that everyone can use. I traded in my DSi last May, so if that ends up being one of the prizes I would be at a severe disadvantage.

If they have certain digital prizes that you can choose from (one for every console), I wouldn't have a problem.

Also, they might end up doing what Club Nintendo does. They will only allow you to choose one prize. This makes sense because reaching Gold wasn't difficult this year, and I am estimating that the music box last year cost like $40-$50 to make. They can cut down on some costs if they do that.

[quote name='Fayyaz100']I don't think they will give out digital merchandise because I believe that they want to give out things that everyone can use. I traded in my DSi last May, so if that ends up being one of the prizes I would be at a severe disadvantage.

If they have certain digital prizes that you can choose from (one for every console), I wouldn't have a problem.

Also, they might end up doing what Club Nintendo does. They will only allow you to choose one prize. This makes sense because reaching Gold wasn't difficult this year, and I am estimating that the music box last year cost like $40-$50 to make. They can cut down on some costs if they do that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no. I was only bring that up since they did that last year with the iPod Touch. They gave out an iPod Touch as their ultimate prize, and emailed a code to allow them to download one free game from their iPod catalog. That's what I meant by when I was responding to the 3DS question. It's a possibility (unlikely as hell), but more so if we could download a digital game for it afterwards.

..Are you serious about the cost of that Gold Box btw? Sounds drastically high for it.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']..Are you serious about the cost of that Gold Box btw? Sounds drastically high for it.[/QUOTE]

Thats ridiculously high. The box itself was nicely made with the seal and whatnot but inside are a couple cardboard trays, sleeves, a cd and a plastic holder thing that were prob dirt cheap. cant imagine it all being more than $10 but even that seems high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back