The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

Maybe it is time I register for this. I have 650 points in codes from the "Past Eligible Games" list. If I do so and the rankings is the same as last year. I'd be a silver member. I wonder if it would be worth the trouble now to join or hold out for a better time?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Maybe it is time I register for this. I have 650 points in codes from the "Past Eligible Games" list. If I do so and the rankings is the same as last year. I'd be a silver member. I wonder if it would be worth the trouble now to join or hold out for a better time?[/QUOTE]

No real point to hold on to them, seeing as there is no way of knowing what the prize is gonna be for a looong time. So its just use them and have luck at getting a year with a good prize package

[quote name='josb101']No real point to hold on to them, seeing as there is no way of knowing what the prize is gonna be for a looong time. So its just use them and have luck at getting a year with a good prize package[/QUOTE]

I'm on the other side of the fence. Right now the program is in limbo and no one knows what's going on. I see no reason to enter any codes in now as it serves no purpose.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Maybe it is time I register for this. I have 650 points in codes from the "Past Eligible Games" list. If I do so and the rankings is the same as last year. I'd be a silver member. I wonder if it would be worth the trouble now to join or hold out for a better time?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that they're going to be going the way of Club Nintendo, and allowing you to redeem your points for prizes and do away with the tier system.... but it's all just a guessing game at this point because they haven't officially announced anything yet.

[quote name='dxgirly']I'm thinking that they're going to be going the way of Club Nintendo, and allowing you to redeem your points for prizes and do away with the tier system.... but it's all just a guessing game at this point because they haven't officially announced anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope they do go Nintendo's route and do that. I would love to redeem points to get cool SE prizes. Hopefully they'd do games too like how there is game and watch games. But something more better

Yeah, I don't think they'll go that route, but I sure wouldn't mind it.

If we do get another art plate (mainly that FF4 one), part of me wants to get it on eBay or someplace similar so I can have another one to go w/ my Lightning one, but the other part of me won't feel as excited to get it since I didn't actually "earn" it/obtain it the way it was originally given out.

Do you remember when they announced prizes last year? It seems like every year it takes more time. And whats the deal with changing the amount of points? I'm confused and wondering what their deal is.

PS2 games, no. As for PS3/360, I think it's pretty much games from 2009 & newer. Sadly, it seems there's no longer a list of games that qualify on the Members site anymore.

7/3 update: Well, tried registering Theatrhythm: FF & of course, telling me it's invalid. Guess they haven't fixed the problem where you can't register a game on launch day. Also, the number on the bottom right corner is 91221.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Snarp Snarps']Does anyone know if codes from PS2 games or older 360/PS3 games would still work? If so I may try this membership thing.[/QUOTE]

Program started in the 360/PS3/DS/PSP era, all the eligible game are in the OP :)

if anyone has a spare of the Theatrhythm, I'd gladly give a few codes for it. Let me know please, but obviously I'd want the code first if I am gonna give several for it. Unless you got high feedback then I won't mind.. ..much

[quote name='MarshMan34']Do you remember when they announced prizes last year? It seems like every year it takes more time. And whats the deal with changing the amount of points? I'm confused and wondering what their deal is.[/QUOTE]

According to OP, you had to claim your 2010-2011 reward by 6/26/2011. So it looks like 2011-2012's reward is waaay late...

[quote name='stiner']How and where do we register points now? I glanced over a few menus and can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

Log in your account click on your Name in the upper left corner and click on game registration

newbitmapimageyc.jpg

Yeah, doesn't seem to be on the front page anymore. Not sure why they removed that convenience.

Oh, & I got Theatrhythm to register last night. Kind of wish it'd ask for confirmation & tell you how many points you got like with the old site.

yeah, odds are it'll be 2000 points. Seeing as each game seems to be 100 point now. But who knows till they finally let us know what tier we are in and such

off topic.. Club Nintendo is down, so hopefully they'll be posting the rewards =D Can't wait for that to happen with SE Members though

yes you will be doing it for next year. It restarts on April 1st (I think). As far as the prizes go, they are now able to be claimed. So it says you need to go to the site and update your info for your address. I already did it, but it doesn't say anything like "Your prizes will be shipped out.." So hopefully just reclicking the save changes did it. Here is something as far as points are concerned, hopefully it'll be like club nintendo now..

"Also keep a sharp eye on your points as we're developing new and fun ways to use them throughout the year! That way your points identify both your amazing loyalty to our games and also give you new bonuses and promotional items!"

Prizes have been announced! Also take note of this:

Also keep a sharp eye on your points as we're developing new and fun ways to use them throughout the year! That way your points identify both your amazing loyalty to our games and also give you new bonuses and promotional items!
Hmmm, so it sounds like points might be spendable now? Or perhaps you'll get certain rewards for registering specific games again like that free theme for KH: Birth By Sleep?

could be something like that, am more hoping to be able to spend our points. The KH:BBS theme was dumb to me. Would be able to spend our points

Last year the Lightning art was alright, but this year same thing.. except The After Years?? Did anyone actually play that? -_-; Was hoping for some Theatrhythm merchandise... sadly it is the best Final Fantasy game I've played in years.

But free stuff is free stuff so I can't complain that much. Kind of looking forward to getting that custom license plate cover and douching it up on the highway.

[quote name='josb101']off topic.. Club Nintendo is down, so hopefully they'll be posting the rewards =D Can't wait for that to happen with SE Members though[/QUOTE]

Wonder if Square Enix was waiting for Club Nintendo to finish so they could steal a little spotlight for their program.

Kinda sucky that Silver tier members don't get the blanket. I was expecting it to be License Plate at Gold and Blanket at Silver, but those two are Gold+.

It was nice to see them toss in the mouse pad and pin though. Wonder what the quality of that mouse pad will be.

[quote name='stiner']How and where do we register points now? I glanced over a few menus and can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

On this note, how do you check your current point total for the current year? I can only see my total for past years (because they tally up your points from last year into this year but they don't count towards prizes..)

the stuff aint that bad I don't think. Sure I would like something other than the artplate though.. My wife likes the look of the license plate holder, so we'll put that on our van =D
on the brightside though, hopefully we get to start spending our points to choose prizes during the year. That'll make it very good

The ultimate rewards seems nice, just the artwork. The rest is not my cup of tea.

Since I'm nowhere near the ultimate tier, guess I'll just hold onto those codes a little longer. Hopefully, the next year will be better.

will not know the prize till months after it ends. Seeing as thats how it was the past 2 years now. Unless you go by what others post on this, then not sure if you know it before the end of the year or not

Glad to see the rewards were finally announced. I'm glad SE gives all lower level prizes to the highest tier, Nintendo needs to take note as their program has turned into a joke. Spend $600 on Nintendo games and you get....... a deck of cards! But seriously SE... a blanket?!

[quote name='Romeo']Glad to see the rewards were finally announced. I'm glad SE gives all lower level prizes to the highest tier, Nintendo needs to take note as their program has turned into a joke. Spend $6 on Nintendo games and you get....... a deck of cards! But seriously SE... a blanket?![/QUOTE]

The prizes aint bad really, except maybe the artplate =( My wife wants the blanket. Maybe your wife/gf would like it. If you don't have one, I bet they'd love it once you have one =P

[quote name='Romeo']Glad to see the rewards were finally announced. I'm glad SE gives all lower level prizes to the highest tier, Nintendo needs to take note as their program has turned into a joke. Spend $6 on Nintendo games and you get....... a deck of cards! But seriously SE... a blanket?![/QUOTE]

That's a major change of heart from you. I can only recall you complaining about Square Enix's program and praising Club Nintendo in this topic.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']That's a major change of heart from you. I can only recall you complaining about Square Enix's program and praising Club Nintendo in this topic.[/QUOTE]

Speaking in the past I had nothing to say about SE. The program was DOA when I first heard of it and had to fight to register titles through a broken website just to make their deadline. There is no denying for the past six months they were a joke.

CN used to be great. The yearly prizes were unique and sought after. Now you need to spend $400 to earn a 10inx10in washcloth yet in Japan you can get full games and controllers, and for less points.

CN used to be great. The yearly prizes were unique and sought after. Now you need to spend $400 to earn a 10inx10in washcloth yet in Japan you can get full games and controllers, and for less points.[/QUOTE]

Club Nintendo I think is still pretty good. It would be nice to give us games that we can buy with our points again. Only played the game and watch a couple of times each. Boring playing black and white beeping noise games. Much rather pick up my gameboy and play something that moves good and has songs in it =P

I just got a reward in the mail, a white wii controller holder. Its not half bad. I do like it, has room for 4 controllers (if you don't add in the nunchucks). One of the controllers has its "cock" sleeve thing on it, the other 3 have the straps and they all fit great. Now I need to get another one just for the nunchucks. That is the only drawback to it I guess. Need more than one if you want to deck out your play area

Eh, I don't recall it that way. You kept saying that the Square Enix program in general was a joke and useless, because you couldn't spend points like Club Nintendo or Disney (? or something like that) and had a higher point amount despite less games.

Certainly can't agree more with how the website has been down and is still shaky the past few months though. But you never once before mentioned that the highlight of Club Nintendo was the yearly rewards, but the ones you could spend points on. But I doubt I could remember what you said better than you, yourself, haha. So I can't go further than that.

Both could certainly benefit from adapting stuff from the others though.

Something is wrong. I don't have points for my registered games and says lv 1, no platinum status, on 2 of my accounts. No email or anything, how do we know or prove that they are going to send us our prizes (on any account, not just the 2 without points)?

edit: and some of the games I know I registered are not popping up in the games section were they say I registered.

Neir/Front Mission Evolved/FFXI ultimate for 360 are missing
JC2/K&L2/MindJack/FF13 for the PS3 are missing

Again, this is not for 1 or 2 accounts but across all of my accounts.

don't worry too much. It says I am lvl 1 too as well. Mght just have to wait a bit. Probably haven't figured stuff out yet. But hopefully they do soon

[quote name='nixmahn']Something is wrong. I don't have points for my registered games and says lv 1, no platinum status, on 2 of my accounts. No email or anything, how do we know or prove that they are going to send us our prizes (on any account, not just the 2 without points)?

edit: and some of the games I know I registered are not popping up in the games section were they say I registered.

Neir/Front Mission Evolved/FFXI ultimate for 360 are missing
JC2/K&L2/MindJack/FF13 for the PS3 are missing

Again, this is not for 1 or 2 accounts but across all of my accounts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='josb101']don't worry too much. It says I am lvl 1 too as well. Mght just have to wait a bit. Probably haven't figured stuff out yet. But hopefully they do soon[/QUOTE]

All my accounts says lvl 1 (so I am not worried that), but 2 of them don't have points associated with the games that they show that I have registered, the rest do.

[quote name='nixmahn']All my accounts says lvl 1 (so I am not worried that), but 2 of them don't have points associated with the games that they show that I have registered, the rest do.[/QUOTE]

Hmm not sure there then. Could be a problem like it seems I had. For quite some time it shown that most of all my games had no cover art to them. Something like missing image is what it said. But now it does show them. If I was to look over the list too, I'm sure it would say I'm missing some games, I'll have to check that and get back to this with an update or response if you respond before it =P

That is one fugly plaque.
I know it is free but does SE really think we want an Amano drawing of FFIV?

The license plate frame is ok.
The quote at the bottom is way too nerdy, even for me.
Also, the Members text in "Square Enix Members" is way too big.
It would have liked it more it with just the "Square Enix" logo on the frame.

Finally, FU SE for putting Hitman on the mousepad.

SE is really out of touch with their customer base.
I want to smack the employee that made these awful decisions.

Yea..yea, I know it is free and I should be grateful for getting anything at all :roll:.

bread's done
Back