The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']so i picked up mushroom men for the ds for $5.

is this game even any good?

I have an addiction. It's called $5 game crack.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I picked that one up in the store, and then looked it up on Metacritic on my phone -- it got a 45. That, and I have the Wii Mushroom Men game and while it was fun for a little bit, I got bored with it after a while.

I was shaking from withdraw for a little while afterward from doing it, but I forced myself to put it back down on the shelf and move on. ;)

Can someone help me with these clearance threads on stores? ( I read the Original Post and confused)

Ive very new to buying stuff, not very tech friendly. So do these deals only work in some areas, where do you usually find the claerance section in stores? How do I know what kind of stuff I might find ni them?

All very confusing to me.

^
Most of the clearance stuff at TRU is just mixed in with the video games. The reason you can still find them at the stores is that TRU is bad about keeping up with prices, etc. You just have to look around in the games section and behind the counters in the glass cases and see if you see something that's on the list.

[quote name='arcane93']Haha, I picked that one up in the store, and then looked it up on Metacritic on my phone -- it got a 45. That, and I have the Wii Mushroom Men game and while it was fun for a little bit, I got bored with it after a while.

I was shaking from withdraw for a little while afterward from doing it, but I forced myself to put it back down on the shelf and move on. ;)[/QUOTE]

Crap. It'll go on my shelf along with the other 50 unopened DS games I've picked up recently for $5.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']^
Most of the clearance stuff at TRU is just mixed in with the video games. The reason you can still find them at the stores is that TRU is bad about keeping up with prices, etc. You just have to look around in the games section and behind the counters in the glass cases and see if you see something that's on the list.[/QUOTE]

The list posted on the 1st page?

[quote name='Buzzman']The list posted on the 1st page?[/QUOTE]

Well that's way outdated right now. Mostly go by the last 50 to 100 posts in this thread, and see what people have been finding. Make your own list.

Picked up:
iconwii.gif
Spyborgs - $5
Samba de Amigo - $5
Couldn't find de Blob

[quote name='confoosious']so i picked up mushroom men for the ds for $5.

is this game even any good?

I have an addiction. It's called $5 game crack.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Although I've gone as high as $7 for my addiction. Anything over that is kinda pushing it, especially if I don't know how good/bad it is.

I don't really follow the 'rating' sites and even if I did I've found that I loved games that people universally hated and hated ones people loved.

People raved about Knights Of The Old Republic, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins and I hated all three with a passion.

Yet I keep going back to games(can't think of any right now)that people just couldn't stand both last gen and this one and I've played the shit out of them.

To get back on topic though, I did a return/rebuy for my copy of Afro Samurai tonight. They let me rebuy it right on the spot for $9.98 and refunded me $1.25 cash and $4.06 or so in credit.:roll:

[quote name='YoshiFan1']And you can also scan random older games if your local store has a price check machine in the R-Zone.[/QUOTE]

so the way this works is if someone in this thread infds a game on clearance, just say Fallout 3, i'd go to mine and find 1 and scan it and see if its at clearance as well at my store?

[quote name='Buzzman']so the way this works is if someone in this thread infds a game on clearance, just say Fallout 3, i'd go to mine and find 1 and scan it and see if its at clearance as well at my store?[/QUOTE]
Exactly:)

No dice on Afro Samurai, all sold out. Regret for not using $10 giftcard to purchase it last week slowly building. I did purchase Spyborgs though

I got...
Silent Hill Origins - $5
Infinite Undiscovery - $9.98
Last copies of each. I know Silent Hill was mentioned here, but not sure about Infinite Undiscovery.

[quote name='GeoHolyhart']I got...
Silent Hill Origins - $5
Infinite Undiscovery - $9.98
Last copies of each. I know Silent Hill was mentioned here, but not sure about Infinite Undiscovery.[/QUOTE]
What sytem is silent hill origins for?
Side note I did find a copy of de blob for $5 today.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up few PS2 games for $5 each
King of Fighter XI
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 2

Soul Bubbles (DS)
Panda (DS)
Mushroom Man (DS)[/QUOTE]

Damn.. didnt realize they dropped. My store didnt have them marked.

Is Afro Samurai worth picking up for $9.98?

Been debating it since I have a nice backlog. Is it better to wait for it to drop to $5??

Thanks!

[quote name='Vegan']eInk could make a killing if they could develop little price tags that change when systems update. Anyone who's worked retail knows how much time is spent every week when new sheets of shelf stickers come in.[/QUOTE]

I think Kohls already has something like this on their shoes. It would probably work very well at places that have shelf tags like TRU and Target but not so much at Gamestop or places that put prices right on the box.

I got Pangya golf and pet wild Tigerz, and Samba DeAmigo.
I bought soul bubbles as a gift my son's friend- we already had it.

I got spyborgs for my son.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']got pangya and cant complain for $5.

My store has one copy of locks quest for DS for $5... worth it? I might get it for a friend.[/QUOTE]

definitely for 5.

[quote name='confoosious']definitely for 5.[/QUOTE]

seconded sir. I think I'll bite on mushroom men for $5, I do believe I'm going through platformer withdrawal at the moment.

[quote name='jester55']Is Afro Samurai worth picking up for $9.98?

Been debating it since I have a nice backlog. Is it better to wait for it to drop to $5??[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it -- I'd say it's definitely worth $10. There's not a lot of depth to it, but it's fun when you just want some action, and Samuel L. Jackson's voice work is worth the price of admission alone.

Beyond that, you could be waiting for quite a while for a price drop to $5. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone before that happens.

Not clearance, but I figured posting here was better than making a new thread or not reporting at all.

Price drops upcoming on a few things. Dark Void (ps3 & 360) will drop to $40. Avatar down to $40 also. Whatever Ben 10 game is $40 is going to $20. Tony Hawk Ride dropping to $99.

I know those are for the 360; I assume they'll drop on both systems but only remember seeing DV on the ps3 list too. I noticed Star Wars Republic Heroes on the ps3 list, but not the 360 list, but forgot the price.

[quote name='slidecage']says PETZ DOGS AND CATZ 2 for 4.98 each (saw tags but no items) was a price drop today DS games[/QUOTE]

There was a markdown today? Or just some kind of markdown on Petz games?

EDIT: Nvm, that was an old post from a few days back

Do any of the TRU employees here have an actual list of all the games that dropped to $5 two Mondays ago? I know it was a large number of them, especially PS2 titles.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Wow come on guys, just read the last few pages! All the answers![/QUOTE]

No, not all the answers. They only list about 40% of the games that dropped in price. People aren't listing any of the titles that they think no one will want (shovelware, kiddie titles, etc). Like I said there were a ton of PS2 games that dropped in price but only some of them have been listed.

[quote name='Josef']No, not all the answers. They only list about 40% of the games that dropped in price. People aren't listing any of the titles that they think no one will want (shovelware, kiddie titles, etc). Like I said there were a ton of PS2 games that dropped in price but only some of them have been listed.[/QUOTE]

i wish folks would list all of the titles because some of us have kiddies that like kiddie games. i buy a lot of games that wouldn't interest a CAG, but are good enough to entertains my son & daughter for an afternoon.

[quote name='Josef']No, not all the answers. They only list about 40% of the games that dropped in price. People aren't listing any of the titles that they think no one will want (shovelware, kiddie titles, etc). Like I said there were a ton of PS2 games that dropped in price but only some of them have been listed.[/QUOTE]

My bad I didnt notice all the stuff wasnt listed.

Makes sense though as I even saw some different titles at various TRUs

[quote name='Josef']Do any of the TRU employees here have an actual list of all the games that dropped to $5 two Mondays ago? I know it was a large number of them, especially PS2 titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='daminion']i wish folks would list all of the titles because some of us have kiddies that like kiddie games. i buy a lot of games that wouldn't interest a CAG, but are good enough to entertains my son & daughter for an afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I'll get a list together for you.

I picked up some titles for my daughter today
Imagine Rock Star, Ballet Star and Movie Star
Petz Tigerz
All DS games, and all $5 each. Picked up Spyborgs for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back