The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jaysapathy']I was in Kmart today, thinking this over. Ironic.

The hispanic guy next to me couldn't read a word on his iPhone, and asked me if I could. Imagine my suprise when it was the KMart clearance list, on CAG. He was going through the first post, trying to find clearance games. "I sell them on ebay, make money."

That's enough for me. I'm going to stay on the thread, but I'm going to stick with the 2-3 week example from now on. Seeing as how this thread hasn't seen any action until recently, that shouldn't be a problem. If you have any problems with the delay in updating the thread, well..

Go fuck yourself. Seriously. I don't see any of you running this thread. :p

As I'm scrolling through, I'm only seeing about 10-15 things that need to be put on the original post anyway, so why are so many people crying over it?

Considering I was a week late, well, about a week ago, I'll see what I can do about putting something in this weekend.

Cue the trolls![/QUOTE]

What was the relevancy of you noting he is hispanic?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What was the relevancy of you noting he is hispanic?[/QUOTE]

To make it more believable that the guy couldn't read the list/post on his iPhone due to the fact the English was not his first language?

Oh, well, I thought it may have been a visibility issue on his iPhone, not that he couldn't read English.

I mean, it's not really that imporant. I just wanted something to counteract Jayspathy cocky strut. Man, he is the REAL man of clearance threads. :(

[quote name='JNKryo']To make it more believable that the guy couldn't read the list/post on his iPhone due to the fact the English was not his first language?[/QUOTE]

This.

It is common knowledge that Hispanics can't read English because it's their second language. They also confuse "the" with "that".

[quote name='JNKryo']To make it more believable[/QUOTE]

This sums up my thoughts perfectly. Convenient anecdote is convenient.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I don't see any of you running this thread. :p[/QUOTE]

Because the last time someone tried -- admirably, mind you -- you got your virtual panties in a bunch and made a stink about it.

Just sayin'.

It's notable that he offered up the thread to people and then comes back to say, "I don't see any of you running it." Well, I offered when you offered. Where's my thread? I WANT MY THREAD!! I WANT MY THREAD!!

Just kidding of course, I don't care as much as J7 does. But nevertheless... do you threaten to leave for attention or are you genuinely frustrated at the moment when you pretend to abandon the thread?

EDIT: Oh my god. I'm sorry. I'm making a ton of OTT posts in your thread. I've become what I hate in the Target thread. Sorry.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Just kidding of course, I don't care as much as J7 does. But nevertheless... do you threaten to leave for attention or are you genuinely frustrated at the moment when you pretend to abandon the thread?[/QUOTE]

Just look at what's happened in the last page and a half, in two hours. That's what has me frustrated the most. I went through the list, and there's approximately 20 games that need to be added to the list, and 10 that need their prices changed. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd just disable comments on the thread, and update the OP regularly.

We really could do without all the complaints, whining, and general bitching. Whether I abandon it or not, nobody really "wins", so if it isn't broken, I won't try to fix it.

[quote name='allyourblood']Because the last time someone tried -- admirably, mind you -- you got your virtual panties in a bunch and made a stink about it.[/QUOTE]

Quite a difference from "Here, go ahead take the thread" to "omg your thread suxx, I'm gonna make my own."

Ugh. Can we get back on topic now? Christ..

In any event, you should really stop offering to hand the thread over to someone else, when you clearly don't want to do so, and then complaining that no one else will run it. I think it's that mentality that bothers people the most.

I just don't understand why you're so adamant to maintain control of the thread, when you don't want to do anything with it. I'm not trying to be argumentative; I would genuinely like to know why that is. What about being the OP in this thread do you feel is so worthwhile?

EDIT: Anyway, nevermind, you don't have to answer.

I agree, let's get back on topic.

[quote name='allyourblood']In any event, you should really stop offering to hand the thread over to someone else, when you clearly don't want to do so, and then complaining that no one else will run it. I think it's that mentality that bothers people the most. [/quote]

I just don't understand why you're so adamant to maintain control of the thread, when you don't want to do anything with it. I'm not trying to be argumentative; I would genuinely like to know why that is. What about being the OP in this thread do you feel is so worthwhile?

I enjoy this thread, but fuck all has happened in the last few months. In three weeks, there's 20 pricedrops reported, and suddenly everyone's jumping on my ass because it's not immediately in the first post. Yeah, I like the thread, I just don't care for the assholes that come with it. I get frustrated. I'd imagine you would too.

Running the thread is volunteer, and if you're someone like J7 who has nothing but high school occupying his time, updating the thread is easy. All the clearance threads take a hit come summer, because everybody's out doing something else. I enjoy it, but people seem to forget that it's volunteer, and not an obligation. I'm frustrated with people jumping on my ass because I don't do it how they see fit. But whatever. Life goes on, eh?

[quote name='allyourblood']Fair enough. Still, drop an update on us once in a while (at least, sooner than every seven months, if you can stand it). ;)[/QUOTE]

Make something happen worthy of updating, and I will.

[quote name='JNKryo']To make it more believable that the guy couldn't read the list/post on his iPhone due to the fact the English was not his first language?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emg28']This.

It is common knowledge that Hispanics can't read English because it's their second language. They also confuse "the" with "that".[/QUOTE]

Ok, since this thread isn't even remotely on topic, I'll bite. If the dude can't read English, how did he get to CAG? And what's to read beside name of game and dollar figure. And if he can't read the names, how the bloody hell would he be able to read the games in the case? The whole thing does not make sense. The argument does not make sense. Ewoks do not make sense. This thread does not make sense. (Well beside the Monty Python clip).

[quote name='salty tbone']Ok, since this thread isn't even remotely on topic, I'll bite. If the dude can't read English, how did he get to CAG? And what's to read beside name of game and dollar figure. And if he can't read the names, how the bloody hell would he be able to read the games in the case? The whole thing does not make sense. The argument does not make sense. Ewoks do no make sense. This thread does not make sense. (Well beside the Monty Python clip).[/QUOTE]
Thanks, dawg, I appreciate it.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Fine, it never happened, I'm a total liar, and I did it just to make you all look like assholes.

You know what? fuck it. I'm done.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt, but I just don't get it.

For the record, I didn't care if the OP was updated or not. But the fact that you didn't update it since August, then acted super-defensive because nobody appreciated the work you did on the thread (which in the past seven months has been tough to determine), I just don't get the whole martyrdom act.

And for someone who hates drama, you certainly are playing the drama queen now with the "updated" OP.

Well, I don't mean to get OT, but I have a couple price drops to report. Not clearance, but not arguments either so I don't know where they go.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (360) - $19.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Wii) - $29.99
Rabbits Go Home (Wii) - $29.99

I just realized that I don't even know when these go into effect. I usually just work Tues/Thurs & always check out the list on Thurs for the next week.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Fine, it never happened, I'm a total liar, and I did it just to make you all look like assholes.

You know what? fuck it. I'm done.[/QUOTE]

There sure is a lot of drama in here.

I dropped by a TRU the other day and saw Afro Samurai :ps3: which I know has already been mentioned but fuck it. I'm done (but maybe that because I'm just angry that I've never been able to snag good clearance at TRU!).

Well, this thread has crashed and burned. Seeing that the list in the OP has been removed, it no longer serves a purpose. Anyone who wants to take over the task of starting a new one is welcome to it.

Whoever takes over, PM me and I'll see about recovering the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back