The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Actually, it's not that bad. I got to the point where I hated SM3 :360: but SM:FoF is enjoyable. If you can find it cheap, I'd recommend it.[/quote]

it was actually enjoyable? GD. it was 10 bucks i think. oh well, there were around 8 copies, i'm sure it'll be there after my next payday, haha.

[quote name='jaysapathy']The reason I didn't answer your question is simple: you're going to run into other things like that on the CAG boards, and if I do everything for you, you'll become dependent and whiny, like so many people in "another" clearance thread. People need to be intelligent and pro active. Besides, the OP was very clear, it's not like I translated it to Greek or anything. Be proactive, be intelligent, and be willing to think for yoruself, otherwise, look forward to a lot more replies to your posts like that.[/quote]
I don't find the op clear. Blue includes games from previous clearance drops, yet you say new clearance drops have entered on 4/13. Then the list has stuff in gray color but doesn't say what that color is for. I think it would be better if you could just clarify this for me rather than take up space and time going back and forth like this.

[quote name='J7.']I don't find the op clear. Blue includes games from previous clearance drops, yet you say new clearance drops have entered on 4/13. Then the list has stuff in gray color but doesn't say what that color is for. I think it would be better if you could just clarify this for me rather than take up space and time going back and forth like this.[/QUOTE]

Gray means nothing changed.

When the next batch of clearance drops happen, the games that are now blue, will be gray.

And new ones will be blue.

Get it now??

[quote name='shoe478']Are you talking about the coupon pack? If so, you need to check it again because there are 2 of those coupons in there for different weeks.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you are right.

I might use one of those coupons if Lost Odyssey is 30 there like it is everywhere else.

[quote name='prim4444']Gray means nothing changed.

When the next batch of clearance drops happen, the games that are now blue, will be gray.

Get it now??[/QUOTE]

Perfect or imperfect, I found this thread INCREDIBLY helpful and want to thank the OP.

So...Thanks! Seriously, thanks so much. Would have never known about any of this if it weren't for the OP and all you fantastic CAG's conversing about this deal.

Just when you think the original post can't be any more clear than it already is, someone complains that they can't read it.. So who wants to run the CAG Literacy Classes? :roll:

[quote name='Masterkyo']Advance Wars: DOR (DS) $10 + Dragon Quest Monsters Jokers (DS)$10 - $5= $15 plus taxes :)[/quote]

Is that worth $10? I've never heard of it.

I only found a copy of Mass Effect, which I wanted but I really wanted a copy of Fire Emblem. I picked up copies of Advance Wars DoR and Lost in Blue 3. They also had a copy of Orange box (PS3) which I thought about but passed.

Forgive me if any of this has been posted:

:ds:

Puzzle de Harvest Moon - $5
Spyro: A New Beginning (or something) - $9.98

:ps2:

Singstar 80's (G/O) - $9.98
"" Rock's (G/O)- $9.98
"" Legends (G/O) - $9.98
DDR Supernova (G/O) - $5
Jak II - $5

:360:

Over G Fighters -$9.98

:psp:

Fifa 08 - $5

Lewisville, TX has Golden Compass (360) and NBA Ballers (360) for $4.99.

Facebreaker is $9.99 , maybe for $5...

Probably an old clearance, but I found :ps2: Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80s for $9.98

Also picked up a PS3 controller "glove" for $3.98 mainly for the 10-foot USB charge cable.

[quote name='prim4444']Gray means nothing changed.

Get it now??[/quote]
Thank you. I'll have to check with the store whether they need to be marked at clearance or if they automatically ring up that way since if I asked the OP that he would flip out even though I didn't see it mentioned in the first 5 pages.

[quote name='J7.']Thank you. I'll have to check with the store whether they need to be marked at clearance or if they automatically ring up that way since if I asked the OP that he would flip out even though I didn't see it mentioned in the first 5 pages.[/quote]

This isn't a very long thread.

Have you read ANY of it before you wanted your answers fed to you like Gerber's?

*awaits the inevitable 'I can't find this game' post from J7* :roll:

------------------------------

Got 2 copies of Top Spin 3 :ds: for $5 yesterday due to the DS promo this week.

Also a new drop:

:360: Official VGA cables are down to $4

[quote name='manthing']This isn't a very long thread.

Have you read ANY of it before you wanted your answers fed to you like Gerber's?

*awaits the inevitable 'I can't find this game' post from J7* :roll:

[/quote]
I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, 21 pages is a lot to read for a simple question. I did searches through the first 5-6 pages though. That's better than nothing right? I guess not. At least I searched the thread. You probably know the answer to the question too but for some reason feel the need to withhold it from new visitors to this thread. You could've just type two words to answer the question... and then other new people would see it and not have to ask either. But this is better right?

[quote name='J7.']I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, 21 pages is a lot to read for a simple question. I did searches through the first 5-6 pages though. That's better than nothing right? I guess not. At least I searched the thread. You probably know the answer to the question too but for some reason feel the need to withhold it from new visitors to this thread. You could've just type two words to answer the question... and then other new people would see it and not have to ask either. But this is better right?[/quote]

baby-cry.gif

The time you took to write this resposne would probably have been better spent reading the thread to find your answer.

------------------

New addition:

:ds: Underwater Attack $10

[quote name='J7.']I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, 21 pages is a lot to read for a simple question. I did searches through the first 5-6 pages though. That's better than nothing right? I guess not. At least I searched the thread. You probably know the answer to the question too but for some reason feel the need to withhold it from new visitors to this thread. You could've just type two words to answer the question... and then other new people would see it and not have to ask either. But this is better right?[/quote]

And statements like these are exactly why I didn't properly answer you in the first place. You said it yourself, you didn't read the thread. So if you're incapable of reading it, why should we have to pick up your slack?

[quote name='manthing']
baby-cry.gif

The time you took to write this resposne would probably have been better spent reading the thread to find your answer.

[/quote]
Writing a few sentences does not take nearly as much time as reading 400 posts... Whereas you could've typed two words and helped not only me but others, but you decide to spend more time trying to insult me. Way to go man, way to go.

[quote name='jaysapathy']And statements like these are exactly why I didn't properly answer you in the first place. You said it yourself, you didn't read the thread. So if you're incapable of reading it, why should we have to pick up your slack?[/quote]
I said I didn't read the whole thread (400 posts). I did search the first 5-6 pages of the thread... Answering a simple question, when you are already in the know, is not picking up the slack of reading 400 posts. I'll get back to you when I finish reading the 400+ posts. It may be a while so wait for it.

[quote name='J7.']more baby tantrums[/quote]

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Welcome to my ignore list.

---------------

dallow, I'll play a copy of Top Spin 3 when my :ds: charges, and let you know.

J7, just stop. It isn't worth it. Some people would rather flame and be stupid about things than just help other CAGs. Arguing with them only makes you look as bad.

[quote name='manthing']Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Welcome to my ignore list.[/quote]

Doesn't teaching them actually involve, I don't know, helping them?

:whee:

[quote name='J7.']Thank you. I'll have to check with the store whether they need to be marked at clearance or if they automatically ring up that way since if I asked the OP that he would flip out even though I didn't see it mentioned in the first 5 pages.[/quote]

Clearance should ring up automatically. All TRUs basically have the same clearance at the same time.

I think there is an exception for manager's specials. They would be specific to a certain store so would not ring up automatically everywhere. IIRC they end in .90. If I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me.

I didn't see this info in the first post. Maybe it is something that should be in there so that people new to the thread don't have to scour the entire thread to find the basic info.

Peace.

[quote name='Solori'] I didn't see this info in the first post. Maybe it is something that should be in there so that people new to the thread don't have to scour the entire thread to find the basic info.[/quote]

Amazingly, there is only so much I can spoon feed you. Common sense has to take hold sooner or later.

Maybe it's time to go back to TRU-haven't been since Christmas really. Love to get Advance Wars for $10.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Amazingly, there is only so much I can spoon feed you. Common sense has to take hold sooner or later.[/quote]

No. The point is I already knew this info from past threads taken care of by a more detailed oriented person than you apper to be. This info isn't in your thread. It should be.

If you want to take over a thread that's great. And I do appreciate it because I know I don't have the time to. It s obviously a time consuming and thankles job so if insulting people is a perk that you need to keep your interest in updating this thread, I think that's an OK tradeoff.

But your #1 goal should be to get all the necessary basic info into your first post. That way in the future when you insult people because they need spoon fed basic info, it will actually make sense.

You should check out the first posts in some of the other big threads like the Target and the Sears threads. They can help you figure out what basic info belongs in the first post of a thread like this.

[quote name='Solori']No. The point is I already knew this info from past threads taken care of by a more detailed oriented person than you apper to be. This info isn't in your thread. It should be.

If you want to take over a thread that's great. And I do appreciate it because I know I don't have the time to. It s obviously a time consuming and thankles job so if insulting people is a perk that you need to keep your interest in updating this thread, I think that's an OK tradeoff.

But your #1 goal should be to get all the necessary basic info into your first post. That way in the future when you insult people because they need spoon fed basic info, it will actually make sense.

You should check out the first posts in some of the other big threads like the Target and the Sears threads. They can help you figure out what basic info belongs in the first post of a thread like this.[/quote]

If you disapprove with how I do it, you're more than welcome to take it over and find out just how annoying it is to have multiple people clamoring at you for every last bit of info. No matter how much info I could possibly shove in there, somebody will find something to complain about. I can only do so much -- sooner or later, you're going to have to start thinking for yourself. This thread was very successful with a similar OP before, and seems to be doing pretty well now. I'm not going to go through and post every single tiny bit of information that SHOULD be simple enough to figure out, especially when it's pretty much common knowledge.

No matter how much info I put in there, somebody will find something to complain about: "omg, you didn't put what TIME the new clearance prices take effect!" (Yes, I did actually get this PM.) The info is there, it's up to you to figure it out. And if you're trolling other clearance threads, I'd think you'd pretty much understand how this works by now. If you need it spelled out in every single thread, maybe my "attitude" isn't the biggest of your problems.

[quote name='HydroX']Doesn't teaching them actually involve, I don't know, helping them?

:whee:[/quote]

confused0064.gif

You completely missed the point of that chinese proverb.

I told him to read the thread.

Oh well, ignore list +1

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Um...wow...two douches, including the OP, are making this a great thread...

Ignore list +2...I win...[/quote]

I notice YOU didn't help the dude either.

[quote name='HydroX']Doesn't teaching them actually involve, I don't know, helping them?

:whee:[/quote]:rofl:

manthing, you got pwned

I wish this thread applied to me, but my TRU is the worst for finding clearance games. I am always disappointed everytime the list is updated because every time I go down and check for the updated games, its never there. T___T. My TRU is cursed i say....CURSED!

bicker, bicker, bicker.... :roll:

might check out another TRU this week. would like to find god of war 2, mass effect or monster hunter freedom. if anyone finds one (or any) and needs advance wars: dor and i will trade.

[quote name='shoe478']I doubt I'll get to a TRU soon, does anyone want to check the GH ds bundle and the platinum Gamecube?[/quote]

The DS bundle hasn't dropped. All Gamecubes are still ringing up at $49.99.

The Mass Effect's my store had are long gone. Did grab Bee Movie. It finally hit the price point I was waiting for. No Prince Caspian though, but I got an extra copy of Advance Wars: DOR for trade.

Scored a number of items today ...

:ps2: Singstar 90's $9.98
:ps2: Singstar Legends $9.98
:ps2: Singstar Pop $9.98
:ps2: Buzz Hollywood w/ Buzzers $9.98

Also got a price adjustment on :ps2: Jax X Combat Racing from $9.98 (last week) to $5.00.

[quote name='jaysapathy']If you disapprove with how I do it, you're more than welcome to take it over and find out just how annoying it is to have multiple people clamoring at you for every last bit of info. No matter how much info I could possibly shove in there, somebody will find something to complain about. I can only do so much -- sooner or later, you're going to have to start thinking for yourself. This thread was very successful with a similar OP before, and seems to be doing pretty well now. I'm not going to go through and post every single tiny bit of information that SHOULD be simple enough to figure out, especially when it's pretty much common knowledge.

No matter how much info I put in there, somebody will find something to complain about: "omg, you didn't put what TIME the new clearance prices take effect!" (Yes, I did actually get this PM.) The info is there, it's up to you to figure it out. And if you're trolling other clearance threads, I'd think you'd pretty much understand how this works by now. If you need it spelled out in every single thread, maybe my "attitude" isn't the biggest of your problems.[/QUOTE]

For no particular reason (hey, it's Friday) I traced the whole bickering thread back to the beginning.

I'll admit that the original question asked was probably fairly obvious (I figured out quickly enough what the grey text means without a key) but it would have been simple enough to tell him that grey text indicates pre-existing listings. Throwing in that "have a cookie" line was a bit of a cheap shot and sort of unnecessary. If the OP is that aggravated with questions like this, just ignore them and let others field them.

I really, really appreciate the work the OP put into this list -- it's a great resource that I myself actually beneffitted from this past weekend -- but I think in this particular case he probably ought to have let the guy's question slide.

[quote name='manthing']
confused0064.gif

You completely missed the point of that chinese proverb.

I told him to read the thread.

Oh well, ignore list +1[/quote]

Oh God, DON'T SHOOT!!1!

I didn't miss the point at all, I was just jokingly poking at you.

[quote name='manthing']The DS bundle hasn't dropped. All Gamecubes are still ringing up at $49.99.[/quote]

Thanks, I saw that the sticker didn't change but I was still suspicious!

Snagged 2 copies of Naruto Ninja Destiny for my 2 kids for $14ish, with the $5 off 2nd game deal at the Richmond/Regency TRU.

Was hoping for Advanced Wars Days of Ruin, which they had sitting in clearance for at least 2 months, and all were gone, likely snagged in last weeks deal... damn...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, 21 pages is a lot to read for a simple question.[/quote]

The thread is 9 pages long.

It seems all Singstar stand alone disks for the PS2 are $9.98. I picked up both Legends and Rocks at that price. Country stand alone also rang up at the same price.

If anyone's looking, the Times Square TRU still has quite a few copies of Advance Wars Days of Ruin left, though I think it might be $14.99 (I didn't look closely and this store often has stuff marked higher). I was hoping for a copy of Civ Revo DS, but couldn't find it anywhere. :(

needs to be confirmed but I just picked up Orange Box :360: for $5 at the Redlands, CA TRU. I can post receipt if you want but like I said it needs to be confirmed for clearance since it's very YMMV if your TRU has a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back