The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rhl']Does Singstar trade into Gamestop for a decent price?[/QUOTE]

Check around the threads or call a GS. I doubt anyone is going to do the research for you.

[quote name='shoe478']I'm confused about this and maybe an employee can answer this. Prim has said earlier that they get a list of the games that they have in inventory that are to be clearanced. He usually gets those lists early so I'm wondering, if I go buy the last of an item today, will it still get adjusted tomorrow considering there will be 0 in inventory?[/QUOTE]

Yes. all price changes are done automatically system wide. No need to have the physical game in stock.

[quote name='Rhl']Does Singstar trade into Gamestop for a decent price?[/QUOTE]It's in the GS trade-in thread listed as somewhere like 7-9 or something, but I know that the mics are taken seperately for $2.75. Not even close to worth it so I'd let someone else actually enjoy them.

Thanks for the drops info guys, there's one thing I'd like that's in stock at a local store I was at Saturday. Maybe I shoulda picked it up and price adjusted later. Oh well.

[quote name='AC2k8']Price Drop on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on all systems:
360, PS3 and WII - $29.99
[/QUOTE](Anyone know)
If I picked up Star Wars : Force Unleashed 2 weeks ago for full price, can I get a price adjustment?
It's already been open and my son's been playing it.

[quote name='reapersaurus'](Anyone know)
If I picked up Star Wars : Force Unleashed 2 weeks ago for full price, can I get a price adjustment?
It's already been open and my son's been playing it.[/QUOTE]

Just buy a new copy at Hollywood Video/Game Crazy for $14.99 and... well, I'll let you figure out what to do next.

[quote name='reapersaurus'](Anyone know)
It's already been open and my son's been playing it.[/QUOTE]

Still got the old receipt? Buy a new copy for 14.99, and return it on the old receipt at another store. You know to cover suspicions.

What's really frown upon here is returning stuff to a store that you knew you didn't buy it from (aka return fraud).

This is not the case. You bought it at one store and then later it goes on sale somewhere else (still within the return period of the first store). You simply return it to the first store and get back exactly the same amount that you paid in the first place.

^ Some people don't care so no point in preaching. I've done it once before and do not feel bad about it. You do what you gotta do and beat the system when you can.

Completely forgot about this drop and will be at work (picked up an extra shift) tomorrow morning so here's hoping I can find at a later point after wards.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']^ Some people don't care so no point in preaching. I've done it once before and do not feel bad about it. You do what you gotta do and beat the system when you can.[/QUOTE]

And take your lumps when you get slammed for it.

[quote name='Shady3011']And take your lumps when you get slammed for it.[/QUOTE]

The glory of karma my friend, you gotta take what you dish out.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']The glory of karma my friend, you gotta take what you dish out.[/QUOTE]

Unless of course you don't believe in that crap and then you can do what you want.

[quote name='shido']Anyone from the East Coast can verify if Buzz Bundle is indeed $10?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Only 1 in stock at my store. --- also the buy 2 games deal is still going on as well.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Yup. Only 1 in stock at my store. --- also the buy 2 games deal is still going on as well.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on the buy 2 game deal... Fort wayne store no longer has it in their system

They had a sign

BUY 1 get 1 select ds/wii game half off normal price 9.99

Picked up 2 9.99 games rung them up

total 16.xx

should of been 10 if the BUY 1 get 19.99 or higher get another 5 off was still on

Since it was

first game 9.99 second game half off 4.98 Total 15 + tax

if the buy 1 get 5 off deal was on

First game 9.99 Second game half off 4.98 - 5.00 for 2nd game Total would of been 10 + tax

Unless the promos cancel each other out...

THere is a few gba games i would like to grab for 2.50 each but dont feel like going back and having them ring up another 2 games and then saying UMMMM I dont want them when the price dont come out right

Went to local, bought 2 ss bundle for ps3. They also have a promotion, buy 1 below 20, get 1 5 off, which all came for total of 15 and change. Thank op

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Got Buzz for PS3 and Singstar Vol 2 Bundle for $15 total plus tax. Amazing deal since both are still $59.99 each MSRP![/QUOTE]

Awesome pick ups! Cool that the $5 off promotion still appears to be working.

Couldn't find Buzz! -- which I was after -- but I did pick up two copies of Singstar Vol.2 (one for myself and one for a friend at work. Total? $15.97 after tax.

Uhm...yeah. That's sweet.

yup I bought a bunch.. I picked up buzz ps3 and singstar bundle vol2 yesterday and then price adjusted with no problem today. and i also bought about 5 more bundles of vol2 and ps2 Amped bundle.. goign to flip them at amazon for the matching promo.. [

PS2 Singstar Country is a great flip... they are 4.98 and buy 2 of them get both for $5.. they trade in at gamestop for $8 a piece.. : ) so $11 profit for every two games.. sucks that ps2 games are not included in the trade 3 get $10 promotion at gamestop.

Thank!

Picked up Buzz and Singstar V2 at TRU for $16.01 (including tax). It was the last Buzz, but there were still more Singstar V2.

I already have Buzz but wanted more controllers.

A quick heads up for those who pre-purchased the games. Don't do a price adjust when you go back to the store. Do a return/rebuy instead. I started doing a price adjust, but they were only going to give me the difference back. If you do a return/rebuy the system will automatically give you the "extra $5 off of two $9.98" promo.

Just got back from toys-r-us got buzz and singstar volume 1 and 2 for about 28 bucks after tax...because of the five dollars off.

Picked up Singstar Amped, 90s, 80s Rocks, and PS3 Singstar today for $26ish after tax and the $5 off deal (80s Rocks was $5, and free after the combo). The cashier offered to ring it up as 2 separate transactions so I figured I'd let her (wasn't sure if the deal would only work once per combo of games)... I'm not a HUGE fan of the Singstars but getting 4 of them for under $30 was too much to pass up.

I got there and the guy before me was buying Buzz and another Singstar (and this is a pretty ghetto TRU that I rarely see anyone buying clearance stuff), so if you're on the fence you might want to go sooner than later. This store had TONS of Singstars over the last few months but the last clearance got them pretty emptied, and today they were down to under 2-3 copies per game.

Now what to do with all of these blasted mics?!!?! (they only had 80s Rocks as a standalone)

To all orange county (CA) CAG's, TRU in Tustin, Anaheim Hills, and Mission Viejo are already out of $10 Buzz's, but there are plenty of Singstars PS2/3. I had vol 2, as well as the mics from that $10 BB sales recently, but managed to pick up singstar legends for 5 bucks.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']A quick heads up for those who pre-purchased the games. Don't do a price adjust when you go back to the store. Do a return/rebuy instead. I started doing a price adjust, but they were only going to give me the difference back. If you do a return/rebuy the system will automatically give you the "extra $5 off of two $9.98" promo.[/QUOTE]

I asked for a price adjust, but the CR backed every item off (4) and then keyed them back in and I got $10 off:D. Didn't even need to bring the swag back into the store. She said "No wonder you wanted a Price Adjustment" when it dropped from $200+ down to $35.

I was looking for Singstar Pop 2 and both TRUs I went to didn't have them. Pretty much the only ones they had were SingStar Vol 2 bundle, Country game and bundle, and Abba.

I've been spoiled by CAG. I passed on buying the Singstar Vol. 2 bundle because they didn't have Buzz in-stock. I really want to pick them up both for $14.96 + tax. I forgot to ask them to check the availability of nearby TRUs. : /

I just got back from two TRUs myself. The first one had no Singstar games left. The second one though, had 2-5 copies of each. Managed to get the Singstar Vol. 1 bundle, Vol. 2 bundle, Pop bundle, and 2 copies of Pop Vol. 2. Total came out to be $43ish for all 5. Vol. 1 and one of the Pop Vol. 2 for me, the other three for my friends. Sad they didn't have any of the 90s left over though.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The promotion is listed as being active until 6/6/09 on the flyers. It should work at every TRU[/QUOTE]

can promos be combined?

cause with those BUY 1 get 1 50% off the extra 5 isnt coming off

[quote name='brianace']To all orange county (CA) CAG's, TRU in Tustin, Anaheim Hills, and Mission Viejo are already out of $10 Buzz's, but there are plenty of Singstars PS2/3. I had vol 2, as well as the mics from that $10 BB sales recently, but managed to pick up singstar legends for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to check the anaheim hills store. This sucks balls.

Got me a singstar PS3 vol2 bundle!

Saw Buzz and some others but I dont plan on flipping anything so I just grabbed what I wanted.

I heard you can use upto 8 controllers at once in Buzz, is this true? I might go get some of the cheap ps2 ones they had left.

Picked up Singstar Vol 2 bundle. It said it was out of stock outside but I asked someone and the guy was really nice. He checked in the back and found a game only copy and and a copy with the microphones. He scanned the one with the microphones and his face was priceless.:lol: Anywho thanks sooooo much OP

Okay. I stopped by a couple TRUs today and got Singstar Vol. 2 for 9.98, then took it to another location for a return then rebuy with Singstar Vol. 1 so got those two for 9.98 + 4.98. I also purchased Buzz (9.98) and got Stoked for 4.98 with that so I think I made out pretty well today.

Stopped in to pick up a copy of Singstar Vol 2 today and was told that somebody had just left with the last 8 copies they had.

Ridiculous.

Same thing happened when all of the other Singstar games went on clearance.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Just picked up Singstar bundles vol. 1 & 2, plus Buzz bundle for $27 here in Davenport, IA. They still had a few Buzz and Singstar vol. 2 bundles left.

Singstar v.2 bundle - 10
Singstar Legends - 5

Total as 10.

AND HOLY CRAP I HAD NO IDEA THE SMITHS WERE ON SINGSTAR LEGENGS
OMGGGGGGG

I walked in my store and only saw 3 Singstar Vol 2 bundles... didn't care for em, wanted buzz... then passed the accessories isle and they had one buzz sitting there! got it! yay!

thx.

best part? free crazy bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back