The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninja Blade in Gastonia, down to 19.99. Not marked though, one copy left. Had a bin full of Gameboy Advance games for sale at $5 a piece. Had to been 100+ plus games in it, I have no clue what would be worth anything in there.

price confirmations of previous posts:

:psp: god of war: chains of olympus $9.98
:psp: buzz $4.98
:psp: PES 2009 $9.98
:wii: we love golf $9.98
:wii: facebreaker knockout party $9.98
:ps2: dragon ball z: infinite world $9.98

new finds:

:ps3: tony hawk's proving ground $9.98
:psp: lego batman $19.99

I got Ninja Blade for $19.99. I love this site! They had tons of copies.

I saw Lost Planet 360 for $9.99. They also had tons of copies of this.

They had Singstar pop vol 2 and country standalone for $9.98.
Singstar Amped, 90s, and Country bundles were $9.98.
2 or 3 different versions of Buzz! for the PS2 for $5.

The 360 controllers with play & charge kits were $44.99. They had a red ones, which I didn't even know they made.

PS3 Sixaxis controllers were $25.

Damn! I didn't look at the list. Still, after pawing through the bin five minutes before close I got both of the Mega-Mans and a two copies of Ninja Town for a friend and I. Also got Ninja Blade-- I did not see this in the bin, however this morning the clerk told me there was three copies aside from my copy. This was at the Mesa, AZ store on Power Road, so if you're looking for Ninja Blade, give 'em a call. They also had another copy of SNK Arcade for PSP, and some other copies of Ninjatown.

Slidecage, what's with DS games and giftcards?

Managed to snag a singstar country. I was dissapointed at first that they didn't have singstar 2 for PS3 but then I saw one locked up behind the glass. I'm thinking it was a copy the clerk had set aside because he was hesitant to get it for me but he eventually did. I think this is the second time I've deal-blocked an employee... the same thing happened with a wii points card when they were 50% off.

Unfortunately aside from stoked my store didn't have anything else except for some real crap like dancing with the stars, barbie pc games, the golden compass, and jumper. My TRU has really fallen off with deals, a year ago they had almost every one of the good clearence games but then they just started selling the crap like I said above. For the past year I've been patiently waiting for the moment they clearance out the last two copies of Romance XI

Found a couple copies of Singstar 2 for PS3 for 9.98 a piece last week. Got one to keep and looking to trade the other one for a copy of Buzz TV for PS3. Anyone have an extra copy?

Picked up few games today :)

Buzz! (PSP) $5
Ninjatown (DS) $5
Mega Man Starforce 2 (DS) $10
Ninja Blade (360) $20

Can't find Bangai O Spirit :( Also, Few copies Lost Planet (PS3/360 PH version) $9.98 each, Pro Evolution Soccer 2k8 (360) $10, Pro Evolution Soccer 2k9 (PSP) $10.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up few games today :)

Buzz! (PSP) $5
Ninjatown (DS) $5
Mega Man Starforce 2 (DS) $10
Ninja Blade (360) $20

Can't find Bangai O Spirit :( Also, Few copies Lost Planet (PS3/360 PH version) $9.98 each, Pro Evolution Soccer 2k8 (360) $10, Pro Evolution Soccer 2k9 (PSP) $10.[/QUOTE]

It should be noted that Ninjatown was only $5 because it was the 2nd DS game he bought (the price by itself is $9.98).

I am still looking for a BUzz Quiz TV for PS3. If anyone wants to help a brother out. I have been a long time lurker, obviously, but I am now ready to contribute.

I can get you Singstar Bundle Volume 1 or Singstar Volume 2. I am willing to trade or simply pay you for Buzz QUiz TV. I am willing to pay the $20 for Buzz that you can find at some Wal Marts plus a finder fee. PM Me.

Originally was gonna pick-up Blue Dragon (BD) @ under $10, and saw the last Ninja Blade (NB) @ $59.99 displayed. Got a price check on NB......$19.99. So, I put BD back, and bought NB. :bouncy:

[quote name='TGizzle']Originally was gonna pick-up Blue Dragon (BD) @ under $10, and saw the last Ninja Blade (NB) @ $59.99 displayed. Got a price check on NB......$19.99. So, I put BD back, and bought NB. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You got good taste. I think Ninja Blade little hard :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']You got good taste. I think Ninja Blade little hard :)[/QUOTE]Thanks! I try. I enjoy Ninja Gaiden so, hopefully Ninja Blade will be a good test too. ;)

saw Xbox LIVE Messenger Gold Pack for $44.99. Includes 12-Month Gold Subscription, Chatpad, wired headset and Project Gotham Racing 4.

Where do you find these games? Do i have to dig thru the big clearance bin? Are they on the shelf or behind the glass?

Thanks. Just went and found nothing. Saw a huge clearance bin but it was filled with ds and ps2 games...no 360, ps3 games

[quote name='sandrshe']Where do you find these games? Do i have to dig thru the big clearance bin? Are they on the shelf or behind the glass?

Thanks. Just went and found nothing. Saw a huge clearance bin but it was filled with ds and ps2 games...no 360, ps3 games[/QUOTE]

You probably need to look on the shelves or ask for the games (if they are behind the glass). IMO, this works out better for us since it hides clearance deals from the normal, clueless customer. A clearace bin just makes it easier for the uninformed. Good luck.

Went to my TRU and the associate sais someone bought a whole buggyfull of Buzz and Singstar and the was going to eBay them. Hoarders piss me off. I was actually going to use my copy... Wish I knew about the TRU clearance topic earlier. I must always overlook it. I will now track this topic too :)

Picked up the following:

PES 2009 (PSP) $9.98
Dragon Ball Origins $9.98
Bangai-O $9.98 (1/2 off)

I was hoping to find Ninjatown to no avail. Anyone want to help out?

I looked quickly at the Monroeville, PA TRU last night, and no Namco to be had. There were plenty of the Singstar 1, 2, and country bundles though.

One thing I did see...a 360 Elite Holiday Bundle on clearance for $369.90. I thought that was kind of odd - has anyone else seen something like that?

My TRU started clearing out the "Holiday Bundles" last month. They got down to $349, then disappeared.

And I know I"ve said this before, but I promise I'll update the master list tonight. Finally got the desktop running :D

[quote name='Ronin317']I looked quickly at the Monroeville, PA TRU last night, and no Namco to be had. There were plenty of the Singstar 1, 2, and country bundles though.

One thing I did see...a 360 Elite Holiday Bundle on clearance for $369.90. I thought that was kind of odd - has anyone else seen something like that?[/QUOTE]

Generally anything that ends in a 0 price is a YMMV manager's markdown

I was looking to see if there were any Singstar games left and saw that the Guitar Hero stuff was on clearance. It's not as good as the Gamestop sale but you can get Guitar Hero III Legends of rock, with the wireless guitar for $49.98 (for all consoles) and other deals. I'm not really a GH fan so I didn't pick any up. Anyone else confirm at their TRU?

They also had a PS3 GH3 Les Paul Wireless for $29.98 originally $99.99 and for the Wii it was $49.98.

Picked up the following yesterday:

360 - Blue Dragon 9.98
360 - Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian 9.98
PS3 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 9.98

Didn't see God of War PSP or Ninja Blade

[quote name='intoxicates']I was looking to see if there were any Singstar games left and saw that the Guitar Hero stuff was on clearance. It's not as good as the Gamestop sale but you can get Guitar Hero III Legends of rock, with the wireless guitar for $49.98 (for all consoles) and other deals. I'm not really a GH fan so I didn't pick any up. Anyone else confirm at their TRU?

They also had a PS3 GH3 Les Paul Wireless for $29.98 originally $99.99 and for the Wii it was $49.98.[/QUOTE]

Or you could get the Guitar Hero 3 bundle for $5 at Sears.

[quote name='180husher']Or you could get the Guitar Hero 3 bundle for $5 at Sears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like THAT isn't going to be extremely YMMV. :roll:

I saw Prince of Persia (360) for 19.99
and Resident Evil 5, Skate 2, Wanted:weapons of fate for 39.99.
the worker said this sale ends on july 5th

[quote name='jaysapathy']Yeah, like THAT isn't going to be extremely YMMV. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say "extremely." GHIII 360 is 4.97, GH: Aerosmith PS3 is 7.97, if you need guitars, or want the games, or both, check Sears first. Most stores that have these in stock should have these prices. Most, not all.

I saw for instore sale, not clearance at TRU. Fallout 3 on ps3 for 29.99. the 360 version was still ringing up full price though.

It looks like there is a sale on a number of titles going on this weekend. I stopped by three TRU locations in So Cal this afternoon and FEAR 2 for the 360 was on sale for $30, Rayman Raving Rabbids TV was $20 for the Wii and there seemed to be about 10 or so newer 360, PS3 and Wii titles on sale.

[quote name='180husher']Or you could get the Guitar Hero 3 bundle for $5 at Sears.[/QUOTE]
I was going to hop on this deal but I'm assuming most Sears are already cleared out considering this has made it's way onto slickdeals last week!

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']I was going to hop on this deal but I'm assuming most Sears are already cleared out considering this has made it's way onto slickdeals last week![/QUOTE]

Possibly & possibly not, it all just depends on your area.

I guess I posted this news in the wrong forum yesterday - pretty good sale at TRUs...grabbed a bunch of stuff from the Danvers, MA store.

Got Singstar w/ microphones for $9.98
Singstar vol 2 for $9.98
PoP (360) for $19.99
Konami Olympics (DS game) $5

Saw a few others - Downstream Panic, N+, and Syphon Filter L.S. for $9.98.

[quote name='ackbar7']I wouldn't say "extremely." GHIII 360 is 4.97, GH: Aerosmith PS3 is 7.97, if you need guitars, or want the games, or both, check Sears first. Most stores that have these in stock should have these prices. Most, not all.[/QUOTE]

I'd say "extremely" given that most aren't likely to have them in stock at this point - well over a week after the drops happened. I went to one store on the Friday these dropped and there were 3 PS3 GH Aero bundles and 1 360 GH III bundle. The first YMMV (pricing differences) reared its ugly head as the GH III bundle scanned $14.97. The PS3 ones were $7.97, though, and I got one. I bumped into the second YMMV (no stock) when I went back not 4 days later and all the bundles were gone - so people even snapped up the GH III one at $14.97 (which was marked $24.97). No way do they sit around at $5 - and that's whether they are tagged correctly or not. I'm sure there are some left somewhere but it is misleading to tell someone to just stroll into their local Sears and expect to find these at this point.

picked up:

:psp: napolean dynamite $5
:ps3: unreal tournament $10

scanned:

:wii: de blob $20
:ps3: mirror's edge $30
:ps2: singstar ABBA $10

what are the other :ps3: game price drops?
i'm thinking about taking advantage of this current TRU promotion of buy $19.99 or higher game, get 1 20% off:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back