The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josef']Actually, you should have read this thread two Mondays ago. Because that's when I first mentioned it dropped to $19.98 at TRU. Then maybe it could've been you hoarding all those copies of the game, thus screwing the evil hoarder in your area ;)[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel for all the "should have, could have's" in my life...

But yeah, success at the White Plains, NY TRU! They miraculously had 4 boxes of the Halo LE's hidden in the glass counter, so I made like a bandit and bought 2. (2 = Not Hoarding... I think) The clerk was utterly shocked at the scanned price and I'm pretty sure he took one for himself.

The store has a healthy stock of GBA games as well but I didn't bother to check individual titles.

I guess everything worked out alright in the end.

[quote name='Bezerker']So do you guys think they would've dropped the Guitar Hero DS Lite's? I know they were $120 a few months back but I didnt know if they would be clearanced lower by now. My store still has quite a few.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen it for less than $149.98, you sure about the $120?

[quote name='Ronin317']So your post office has different rules than the rest of the USPS in general?[/QUOTE]

I read his first quote and didn't even bother responding. Yes, normal games ship cheaper 1st Class than Media Mail but 1st Class is only available to packages that weigh 13 oz or less. These Singstar bundles are 2 lbs. or over.

[quote name='shoe478']I've never seen it for less than $149.98, you sure about the $120?[/QUOTE]

Whoops, i just checked my receipt and it was $150. I bought mine during the last 20% off and combined it with the $30 off promo so I thought it was cheaper.

Either way, You'd think they'd clearance those things even lower, but I guess they could always just take it out of the system.

Picked up:

Singstar vol.2 w/mics
Singstar Country w/mics
Project Gotham 4

Not bad for $22, but I was hoping to find some hidden Halo LE's. I also passed on a couple of Resistance 2 LE's because they would have been around $40. Actually I should of probably had the cashier scan it just to make sure, damn.

Have any of you other than the one post earlier seen Dragon Quest Monsters: Jokers on clearance? The Toys R Us near me is a bit out of the way and I want to if that was just a one time find or not.

[quote name='momouchi']Have any of you other than the one post earlier seen Dragon Quest Monsters: Jokers on clearance? The Toys R Us near me is a bit out of the way and I want to if that was just a one time find or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's $5.00, or $4 after the 20% off. FYI, TRU clearance prices are almost always universal.

So my TRU is pretty much devoid of decent clearance games. They didn't have DQM, but on the way out I noticed Bangai-O. Picked it up for 7.62 after tax, 20% clearance, and 10% coupon.

[quote name='Ronin317']So your post office has different rules than the rest of the USPS in general?[/QUOTE]

Under a certain weight, first class is actually usually $1ish cheaper.

I found a Halo 3 Legendary at the TRU in Massapequa, NY! They actually had two, one was near mint, the other, the box was beat up as hell.

I bought the nice one for $16.XX, the beat-up one is still there if you want it (on the floor right near the register). I'm sure the contents of the box are still perfect.

I noticed my store has a 40 Gb Spiderman 3 PS3 .
Does anyone know how much this could be ?
I don't want to ask in case it's crazy low .

[quote name='psunami']Worst case, Richlough, you can pick it up and flip it quick. Plenty of people would want a PS3 for the right price.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to find a SKU and scan it in the store .

Ocoee, FL Toys R Us

What I saw today in the bin, July 3rd.

Golden Compass: Marked $5, rung up $4 (Saw 3 left)
Namco Virtual Museum: $9.98, rung up $7 (Saw 1 Left)
Guitar Hero III: $9.98 (Saw ~11 Left)
Stoked: $9.98 (Saw 1 Left)
Bee Movie: $9.98 (Saw 2 Left)
PGR 4: $9.98 (Saw 1 Left)

[quote name='psunami']Worst case, Richlough, you can pick it up and flip it quick. Plenty of people would want a PS3 for the right price.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to find a SKU and scan it in the store .

Picked up:

2x Singstar Vol 2 [PS3] (Big Box W/ Mics) $7.98 each

Epson NX200 All In One Printer $29.99 (My old printer finally died after 9 years, couldn't pass this up for $30)

My friend bought the other 2 singstar bundles that were left in the wilkes-barre tru. They still have a few of the game only copies for the same price as above.

Resistance 2 Collector's Edition (PS3) on clearance for $64.98-20%= $52. If you have a loyalty card ( a free frequent-shopper rewards card you can sign up for at any register) you can use an in-flyer coupon to save an extra 15% off any game, clearance or not. This would bring Resistance down to $44.20 before taxes. Not as awesome as BB's YMMV $39.99/31.99 deal, but it should be easier to find and is still pretty decent. My store also has a few PS3 GH Aerosmith w/ 2-guitar bundles for $49.98 which would be $34 after coupon and before taxes. Can't remember if they're wireless or not though... The only other highlight are the 2 GH DS bundles we still have at $120 after the 20% off of clearance discount...anybody know how much you get for the GH DS game at GS?

If you don't have a coupon don't worry, either the cashier or a mgr. should be able to help you out
with their copy of the ad, unless they're jerks or the customer's being a jack-ass--nobody likes helping a-holes so just ask nicely :) I personally carry an ad at all times for just such an eventuality...

Which coupon, the 10% off any game one? When I went to TRU with that coupon, the woman working said I was the first one who actually brought it in. Apparently, the store manager said they couldn't give the deal unless the people brought in their coupons.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']What is the 20% off in reference too? I know of a 10% and 15% coupon...[/QUOTE]

20% clearance items.

[quote name='jaysapathy']20% off ends July 11th.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw a sign last weekend that said the 18th?

[quote name='Josef']Just a heads up that the 20% off clearance items ends this week.[/QUOTE]
Makes no difference at this point in time since they have sold out of the good games by now.

[quote name='eau']Makes no difference at this point in time since they have sold out of the good games by now.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I'm still finding decent stuff in stores (SNK Arcade Classics PSP, Lost Planet PS3, Singstar 2 bundle, etc).

[quote name='velvet396']there's a coupon on SD for 20% regularly priced items...[/QUOTE]

I looked it up that coupon is for Australia ONLY. no good anywhere else :(

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 on PS2 is $9.98, plus 20% off. I picked up the last one yesterday. They also had the first Naruto: Ultimate Ninja for $9.98.

They haven't had anything really as far as clearance price drops, it's all been regular/universal price drops of late. Since next week is a new month, I'd guess maybe more will go down, but I don't know for sure, and likely won't find out until Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back