The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Any update on the mystery title:
146217 (Blank on my report. will update) $19.99 - $9.98[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about that... I will have it tomorrow along with an update for next week.

[quote name='dpb6058']This morning I found:

Rondo for $9.99
Chrono Trigger for $9.99

Last copies on both!! Didn't see any other deals, but my TRU did have about 5 copies of eye of judgment[/QUOTE]

Oh man, CT dropped too? I don't remember seeing that posted... I bet it's gone now.:whistle2:(

[quote name='prim4444']Shoe478 is correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Shoe478 & you also prim4444 for verifying, I saw 2 copies at my store marked 19.99 figuring it just dropped to that price this past Monday or recently. Hopefully I can still get one.

[quote name='ghostmedicine']
I also sort of impulsively picked up Rogue Galaxy as well for $9.98. I remember playing the demo that Sony sent me in the mail and not being too impressed, but I'll give it another shot. It seems to me, through reading reviews and posts on here, that the general overall impression from folks on this game is not very good.[/QUOTE]

Well, no one asked me. I put nearly 100 hours into Rogue Galaxy and thought it was one of the best PS2 games I played (along with DQ VIII).

Found the last Chrono Trigger for $10. I've never played this game but have heard nothing but wonderful things since the 90's. I hope the 10+ years of build up is worth it.

I'm tempted to look for CT but I think I'll just stick to the PSX one that I have. I'd much rather trade load times for the comfort of using a normally-sized screen.

Yesterday in the Traverse City's TRU, I saw Advance Wars Day of Ruin and Ninja Town DS for $5 each. They had Bangai-O Spirits DS for $9.98 the other day, but I didn't see it yesterday. Then again, I didn't look that hard for DS savings (I was scouring the PS3 section for deals).

Just bought the last Chrono Trigger DS from Toys R US in North Miami Beach, Florida. I did see many Rondo of Swords, Rogue Galaxy, Geometry Wars, & Guitar Hero III in the clearance bin. :)

I know this is a bit unrelated to the clearences but I didn't see another TRU thread. Has anyone tried out their trade in program yet? How would you rate the values in terms of Gamestop and Amazon?

[quote name='4tygames']Picked up the last Chrono Trigger! Thanks! It was a nice first edition one too![/QUOTE]

Damn you! A day late!

Man, I've been looking for that game cheap forever.

[quote name='io']Well, no one asked me. I put nearly 100 hours into Rogue Galaxy and thought it was one of the best PS2 games I played (along with DQ VIII).[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CaptPete']I'll second that! Rogue Galaxy is a really great game! It's more action-oriented and so a bit different than standard RPGs and does take a bit to really get going, but it's definetely in the top 10 RPGs on the PS2 for me. Really though, I'd highly recommend just about anything by Level 5 (Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII are also great RPGs).[/QUOTE]
You know, I borrowed DQVIII from a friend, played it for about 10-15 hours, and then just sort of moved on to something else/got distracted by some other game and didn't look back. It definitely had that old school charm, and I liked the voice acting, but it just didn't grab me. I think I'll give it another shot sometime.

[quote name='knightsdwn']You should definitely give Rogue Galaxy another chance. I really enjoyed the game as it incorporated elements from Level 5's previous game, Dark Cloud 2, and further refined it.
Reviews have been fairly positive from what I checked on gamerankings.com as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree that overall I've read more positive reviews than not, perhaps I'm just focusing on a key gripe that kept popping up: a generic-ish story. I remember trying Dark Cloud 1 (and maybe 2 as well) by means of a demo disc in the mail (man, Sony used to send those things all the time), and those seemed interesting...but pretty complex at the same time. Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys; I'll give Rogue Galaxy an honest shot when I get the chance.

On the clearance topic, I did not see any Chrono Triggers at the two TRUs I hit up recently. I happened to cave for one at Best Buy for $19.99, because it was the last one left there and was also the 1st run. I also saw Rondo of Swords for $9.99 at one of the TRUs.

No new clearance markdowns for next week.

A couple games I posted last week are going back up to regular price next week though.

:ds:
068050 Dragon Ball Orgins $5.00 - $14.99

:ps2:
121296 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $5.00 - $9.99
416854 Dancing With The Stars (Game) $5.00 - $9.99

:wii:
030636 Battle Of The Bands $5.00 - $14.99

Toys R Us in Pasadena, TX off Fairmont and Beltway 8 was just converted to a Toys R Us / Babies R Us store. Almost all older titles are gone. No PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA games to be found. Most titles for DS/360/Wii/PS3 are newer titles. Perhaps during the conversion they sent the older stuff back or to another store. Disappointing to say the least.

Yo, CAGs.

Chrono Trigger- $9.99 Great deal for first print!:lol:

Crisis Core: FFVII- $9.99 (I picked up the original black label, not the goofy red, copy-of-a-copy, GH version):lol:

Disgaea 1 Greatest Hits- $9.98

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon- $9.98

Prince of Persia- $9.99

Rondo of Swords- $9.99

Word of advice: Use a price scanner to determine the price of the game. They should have some hanging along some shelves.

Example: The Chrono Trigger price code was marked at $19.99 before I scanned it. Get the idea?

Good Luck!

[quote name='cugochuk']Yo, CAGs.

Chrono Trigger- $9.99 Great deal for first print!:lol:
[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last one at my local TRU - how can I tell if it's first print?

Also saw 5x Rondo, 5x IJ:SOK and picked up one of the last 2 Disgaea (GH).

[quote name='cheeky']I picked up the last one at my local TRU - how can I tell if it's first print?
[/QUOTE]

It should say it comes with a free poster.

[quote name='J7.']another markdown
Tales of Vesperia $19.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i saw that today. I did pick up two copies of Rondo of Swords for me and my GF. Score.

[quote name='prim4444']No new clearance markdowns for next week.

A couple games I posted last week are going back up to regular price next week though.

:ds:
068050 Dragon Ball Origns $5.00 - $14.99

:ps2:
121296 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $5.00 - $9.99
416854 Dancing With The Stars (Game) $5.00 - $9.99

:wii:
030636 Battle Of The Bands $5.00 - $14.99[/QUOTE]

N+ :ds: is going from $5.00 to $14.99 pretty soon too. Can't say for sure when because I don't have access to any lists, but my store just got four boxes of games for a new display that contained the game marked at that price. The boxes also had Dragonball Origins labeled at $14.99 too, so it wouldn't surprise me if the N+ price change hit at the same time.

Nothing worth noting at the TRU here... bunch of AssCreeds on the shelf for $30. Force Unleashed for $20 (Wii as well). I saw a couple Disgaea GHs but I dont care for that game. I wanted a $5 Mercs 2 : (

I picked up Disgaea for the PS2 yesterday and tried it today . . . And the graphics are all messed up, to the point of making it unplayable. It looks like every other line of pixels is missing, and there are some places where the graphics are just missing entirely (black blobs where it's clear there's supposed to be something going on). It looks like I'm trying to run it on a bad emulator or something. The PS2 is brand new (got it on Friday), and every other PS2 game that I have looks and plays fine. Anyone have any idea what's up with it? Is this a known issue with this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
My TRU only has a clearance bin of DS games and Wii games. I've not seen any other systems. They still had Megaman, Naruto, and Geometry Wars; and Drawn to Life scanned at $10 too.

[quote name='phoenix529']My TRU only has a clearance bin of DS games and Wii games. I've not seen any other systems. They still had Megaman, Naruto, and Geometry Wars; and Drawn to Life scanned at $10 too.[/QUOTE]

Clearance games are not always in bins. If it's on the shelf or behind the counter, give it a shot; I've never struck out at TRU with something that was posted here.

I looked for Rondo of Swords at the Sterling, VA store and couldn't find it. The cashier checked their computer, and it said that they should have four copies out on the floor, but I searched the whole gaming area with no luck. If anyone happens to find a stash of them at that store, could you send me a PM and let me know where?

Stopped by the TRU in Milford, CT. Ended up grabbing:

:ps2: Rogue Galaxy - $9.99

Also grabbed these, although they aren't technically clearance:

:360: Lost Odyssey - $19.99
:360: Tales of Vesperia - $19.99

(I noticed that some TRU stores no longer have Lost Odyssey in their system, yet others have a ton of them.)

Has anybody found a 120 gb Hd for 360? Had my upc codes for sears/kmart and just happened to scan to see the price at TRU. They are about 37 at TRU too.
Went through my scans quick as not to be bothered by employees, but most of the drops at sears are only $3.00 at TRU. Was looking for mostly 360 games and of course none that I wanted were there.
Naturally grabbed more singstar games, 90's is ringing up $5 and 80's rang up $3.
As for Rondo, thats for DS right?? I found tons of those, no CT though. For those who are having probs finding it PM me, you'd think this game was diseased by how many were there.

[quote name='phoenix529']My TRU only has a clearance bin of DS games and Wii games. I've not seen any other systems. They still had Megaman, Naruto, and Geometry Wars; and Drawn to Life scanned at $10 too.[/QUOTE]

There is another clearance bin full of PS2, PSP, PS3, and Xbox 360 games to the left of the video game register down the aisle.

Big thanks to the people still reporting in on this thread. I hit up the TRU over the weekend and managed to grab:

Chrono Trigger - w/poster
Rondo of Swords

Last copies of each. Passed on Rogue Galaxy and Crisis Core, though I was tempted.

[quote name='Vegatron']I saw that my TRU in Auburn had the Eye of Judgement bundle(game,cards and Playstation eye) for $20[/QUOTE]

I saw it for the same price in Tacoma.

[quote name='EvilIA']I saw it for the same price in Tacoma.[/QUOTE]

It's a universal drop I believe. Was tagged $20 at the Washington, PA TRU, where I grabbed the last one.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Big thanks to the people still reporting in on this thread. I hit up the TRU over the weekend and managed to grab:

Chrono Trigger - w/poster
Rondo of Swords

Last copies of each. Passed on Rogue Galaxy and Crisis Core, though I was tempted.[/QUOTE]
Maybe someone should start a new TRU clearance thread since the OP doesn't comment much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back