The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Aznchaos3']x2 Singstar vol. 2 (PS3) - $5

Has anyone else seen DQ8 box set (PS2) randomly reappear for $10?[/QUOTE]

Yep, saw several black label DQVIII's pop up in a new budget game display.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but yesterday I saw Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 (the one with Geometry Wars and five other games) for $3.00. For that low I figured why not, plus it comes with one free month of Xbox Live!

[quote name='Josef']Yep, saw several black label DQVIII's pop up in a new budget game display.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up too! I was about to get it at Gamestop, glad I held off. :)

[quote name='J7.']Maybe someone should start a new TRU clearance thread since the OP doesn't comment much anymore.[/QUOTE]
Well, he did do an update on the 28th. It's not that long to have considered the OP abandon the thread (although OP if you want to PM me... ;P)

[quote name='arcane93']I picked up Disgaea for the PS2 yesterday and tried it today . . . And the graphics are all messed up, to the point of making it unplayable. It looks like every other line of pixels is missing, and there are some places where the graphics are just missing entirely (black blobs where it's clear there's supposed to be something going on). It looks like I'm trying to run it on a bad emulator or something. The PS2 is brand new (got it on Friday), and every other PS2 game that I have looks and plays fine. Anyone have any idea what's up with it? Is this a known issue with this game?[/QUOTE]

I contacted Atlus about this, and was told that "for some reason, Disgaea seems to have issues with component output" (what the hell?), and that if I switch to composite cables, it will work. Since I'm not going to downgrade my entire system for one game (or get into crawling back behind my entertainment center every time I want to play it), I guess I wasted $10. So just a warning to anyone using component cables, you should avoid Disgaea apparently.

Anyone heard of anything like this before? I don't see why the type of cable that I'm using should make any difference to the game . . .

[quote name='arcane93']I contacted Atlus about this, and was told that "for some reason, Disgaea seems to have issues with component output" (what the hell?), and that if I switch to composite cables, it will work. Since I'm not going to downgrade my entire system for one game (or get into crawling back behind my entertainment center every time I want to play it), I guess I wasted $10. So just a warning to anyone using component cables, you should avoid Disgaea apparently.

Anyone heard of anything like this before? I don't see why the type of cable that I'm using should make any difference to the game . . .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not uncommon. I recently tried to play ICO and got no video except on FMV sequences until I switched to composite cables. My brother ran into the same problem on another Atlas game (I think Phantom Brave).

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Yeah, it's not uncommon. I recently tried to play ICO and got no video except on FMV sequences until I switched to composite cables. My brother ran into the same problem on another Atlas game (I think Phantom Brave).[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm guessing using a PS3 with HDMI isn't subject to this? I played ICO with that setup and didn't notice any of this. Hopefully, if/when I finally get to my copy of Disgaea, it won't happen, either.

I wonder how Disgaea or ICO would work on a BC PS3 with component or HDMI etc. edit interesting, looks like it's not a problem.

It depends on whether your TV can display 240p or whatever weird resolution that handful of games run at. Many TVs will not display that over component. I have to switch to s-video for Ico and all PS1 games. I haven't tried Disgaea yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']x2 Singstar vol. 2 (PS3) - $5

Has anyone else seen DQ8 box set (PS2) randomly reappear for $10?[/QUOTE]

One of my local TRU stores had the DQ8 boxset on a cheapo game shelf outside of the R'Zone tonight. They mainly had DS and Wii games on the shelves.

They also had 2 copies of both Singstar Vol. 2:ps3: and Resistance 2 CE:ps3:. Singstar was $5, clearly marked, while Resistance 2 CE was $29.98 and in the case right next to the $59.99 normal edition. :lol:

[quote name='J7.']Maybe someone should start a new TRU clearance thread since the OP doesn't comment much anymore.[/QUOTE]

I concur. If the OP is not going to keep track and update the first post,. somebody who is willing to do so should start a new thread to continue this one.

[quote name='arcane93']I contacted Atlus about this, and was told that "for some reason, Disgaea seems to have issues with component output" (what the hell?), and that if I switch to composite cables, it will work. Since I'm not going to downgrade my entire system for one game (or get into crawling back behind my entertainment center every time I want to play it), I guess I wasted $10. So just a warning to anyone using component cables, you should avoid Disgaea apparently.

Anyone heard of anything like this before? I don't see why the type of cable that I'm using should make any difference to the game . . .[/QUOTE]
I have a slim PS2 connected to a dell monitor via component cable, and Disgaea displays fine via component. The disc is not the Greatest Hits version if it matters.

Well, if you're so impatient and can't wait for someone to update the OP, maybe YOU should be the one to make the new thread? Or.....here's another insane idea, follow the thread more closely if you don't wanna miss something new that may be mentioned.

People have lives outside of CAG, you know.

Just saying is all, so don't get your panties in a bunch and write a snippy response back.

[quote name='Vegan']It depends on whether your TV can display 240p or whatever weird resolution that handful of games run at. Many TVs will not display that over component. I have to switch to s-video for Ico and all PS1 games. I haven't tried Disgaea yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like that's exactly what it is -- I found this, which has more info about three posts down:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaeahourofdarkness/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42063342&pid=589678

Although mine doesn't display the image in any of the ways he describes, instead it shows it over the full screen, but with parts of it blacked out or scrambled. Weird.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

[/QUOTE]

I've suspected that before but I don't believe it.

Went to TRU today, Didnt see any Chrono Triggers like I had hoped. Did see Rondo of Swords but they were behind glass and they still had the price above as $29.99, I didnt ask them to check it cause I wasn't really interested in getting it at this time anyways. Did see 1 copy of Ps3 Golden Compass a $4.99 but thought to myself would I really play it??? Thinking that I ended up passing on it. Seen a bunch of PS3 Smack Down vs Raw 2008 also marked at $4.99. I ended up walking out with PS3 Facebreaker at $9.98. There's just somthin bout beating people down that I felt I needed inna game purchase today.

On another note, (Though not on clearance) they did have some awesome Gear of war 2 action figures (one locust Flamethrower, many Marcus and Dom Theron Disguise) and seen some cool Street Fighter 4 figures 1 Guile that had whacked out Fish eyes, 2 Chung Li, 1 Akuma, and 1 C.Viper. All the figures both gears and SF4 were original price $13.99. Which was cool but I couldn't really get myself to commit to the purchase of one. Even though I know that Locusts can sell for $25-$45 on ebay.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']Went to TRU today, Didnt see any Chrono Triggers like I had hoped. Did see Rondo of Swords but they were behind glass and they still had the price above as $29.99, I didnt ask them to check it cause I wasn't really interested in getting it at this time anyways. Did see 1 copy of Ps3 Golden Compass a $4.99 but thought to myself would I really play it??? Thinking that I ended up passing on it. Seen a bunch of PS3 Smack Down vs Raw 2008 also marked at $4.99. I ended up walking out with PS3 Facebreaker at $9.98. There's just somthin bout beating people down that I felt I needed inna game purchase today.

On another note, (Though not on clearance) they did have some awesome Gear of war 2 action figures (one locust Flamethrower, many Marcus and Dom Theron Disguise) and seen some cool Street Fighter 4 figures 1 Guile that had whacked out Fish eyes, 2 Chung Li, 1 Akuma, and 1 C.Viper. All the figures both gears and SF4 were original price $13.99. Which was cool but I couldn't really get myself to commit to the purchase of one. Even though I know that Locusts can sell for $25-$45 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

CRAP!! I think my closest TRU had Smackdown vs. Raw 08 when I went up there last night. I didn't want it during the HWV sale since it was disc only with the horrid HWV half coverart, but I'd grab it from TRU for $5 if I could find it.

I should also grab one of the Resistance 2 CE's from my closest TRU, since they only have 2 of them left in the case. I could always wait and see if they drop in price to $10 or under and then return/rebuy, since $30 for a FPS is meh.

Saw Prince of Persia but it's apparently on sale for $24 until the 15th. Got a chuckle out of that. I didn't bother to have them price check it, it was locked up and I'm in no rush.

[quote name='Vegan']Saw Prince of Persia but it's apparently on sale for $24 until the 15th. Got a chuckle out of that. I didn't bother to have them price check it, it was locked up and I'm in no rush.[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad game at all and well worth about $5-10, but outside of that is pushing it. I picked it up from the HWV $5 sale and unfortunately my backlog is such that it's been pushed to the back burner and I have no idea when or if I'm going to get to play it.

I really need to just stop coming on CAG for like six months so I can actually finish the games I keep buying due to getting cheap credit and lotsa great sales, but it's like an addiction. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I really need to just stop coming on CAG for like six months so I can actually finish the games I keep buying due to getting cheap credit and lotsa great sales, but it's like an addiction. :D[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. One of my friends told me I must be addicted because whenever they laugh about me getting another game, I feel the need to justify it to them.

Is TRU like Target where it has nationalized clearance? Like, if I see Fear not in the clearance bin, I can take it to the register and it'll probably ring up as $10?

There's really not much to post on lately. What do you want me to do, update the second someone puts something in the thread? Pointless. The info's there.. If you don't like the way I do things, do it yourself!

I noticed a few more games that popped up in clearance at a couple of my local TRUs.
All PS2 games in the SNK umbrella like:
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum
Fatal Fury Anthology 2
Art Of Fighting Collection
KoF XI
and a couple more.

I

[quote name='Arcturiang']Is TRU like Target where it has nationalized clearance? Like, if I see Fear not in the clearance bin, I can take it to the register and it'll probably ring up as $10?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

[quote name='jaysapathy']There's really not much to post on lately. What do you want me to do, update the second someone puts something in the thread? Pointless. The info's there.. If you don't like the way I do things, do it yourself![/QUOTE]

well, in your "defense", your name is jaysapathy. someone should've seen this coming. i mean sure, if your name was jaysgettinthingsdone, we might have a problem...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I really need to just stop coming on CAG for like six months so I can actually finish the games I keep buying due to getting cheap credit and lotsa great sales, but it's like an addiction. :D[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. It seems like every time I come onto CAG there is another game I want at a great price, and it seems like they are all too good to pass up. It is one of those blessings and a curse at the same time type of thing. I love getting great deals, but I have so many games waiting to be played and the list keeps growing. I love getting great deals, but wish they would stop for a few months so I can get caught up and then it can start up again so I can refill.

Ideally all these deals would wait until closer to Christmas so I can get everyone to buy me them for me as gifts, save them money and I get everything I want. I can dream, right :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, if you're so impatient and can't wait for someone to update the OP, maybe YOU should be the one to make the new thread? Or.....here's another insane idea, follow the thread more closely if you don't wanna miss something new that may be mentioned.

Just saying is all, so don't get your panties in a bunch and write a snippy response back.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I could personally care less if the OP is updated as I follow this thread and get the values when they're posted by people. I was suggesting a new thread for CAG in general, not for my need.

2nd, I don't have the time to do the thread justice if I was to be the OP nor do I work at TRU like the OP.

3rd, I haven't missed anything, I have been following the thread closely. I think I've read just about every post for at least 2 months now. Keep assuming things about people...

If you had been following the thread much less than as you claim I should be, you would also know that I posted a markdown that was not previously known about, because I had been keeping up with what was posted and that markdown had not been posted yet.

You should expect a snippy response back if you talk to someone that way. You can't talk crap and then claim you shouldn't get any response back because "you were just saying".

Lastly, there are others in this thread who do work at TRU and post values much more often than the OP, which is further why I suggested.

[quote name='jaysapathy']There's really not much to post on lately. What do you want me to do, update the second someone puts something in the thread? Pointless. The info's there.. If you don't like the way I do things, do it yourself![/QUOTE]

There was a shitload of clearance drops and markdowns... You were in the thread since that happened and you're not bothering to update the OP, and the last time you got mad you claimed you would not be updating the OP much anymore.

So why not just have someone else take care of it since you don't care about updating or answering any questions. The only reason I can see is so you can keep your name in the OP.

Maybe if I get some time in the next month I will do it myself and update it appropriately, though as I said I don't work at TRU so all I would be able to update is what I see and what others post. I also think FriendofSonic said something like he could take it over from you.

[quote name='Arcturiang']Is TRU like Target where it has nationalized clearance? Like, if I see Fear not in the clearance bin, I can take it to the register and it'll probably ring up as $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes TRU clearances should show up nationwide. I keep such info in my sig since the OP won't add it to the OP nor answer people's questions.

TRU Clearance: most TRU have same clearance at same time/should ring up automatically.

There was a shitload of clearance drops and markdowns... You were in the thread since that happened and you're not bothering to update the OP, and the last time you got mad you claimed you would not be updating the OP much anymore.

So why not just have someone else take care of it since you don't care about updating or answering any questions. The only reason I can see is so you can keep your name in the OP.

Maybe if I get some time in the next month I will do it myself and update it appropriately, though as I said I don't work at TRU so all I would be able to update is what I see and what others post.

Yes TRU clearances should show up nationwide. I keep such info in my sig since the OP won't add it to the OP nor answer people's questions. :roll:

TRU Clearance: most TRU have same clearance at same time/should ring up automatically.

Picked up an Eye of Judgment at my local TRU for $20 today. Yay for a cheap camera! Anyone know if Valkyria Chronicles is on clearance at all? I can't bring myself to pay $40 for it.

[quote name='J7.']First of all, I could personally care less if the OP is updated as I follow this thread and get the values when they're posted by people. I was suggesting a new thread for CAG in general, not for my need.

2nd, I don't have the time to do the thread justice if I was to be the OP nor do I work at TRU like the OP.
[/quote]

It's funny how people bitch about it not being done how they want it, but nobody wants to do it themselves. I don't work at TRU; I'm dependent on CAGs reporting information, and don't really post "unconfirmed" markdowns.

You should expect a snippy response back if you talk to someone that way. You can't talk crap and then claim you shouldn't get any response back because "you were just saying".

And you should expect a nasty one back, because you're just being a lazy dick. Instead of critiquing other people's work, why not step up and do it yourself? If you're not willing to do anything other than complain, don't bother saying anything. I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I tell you to just shut the fuck up.

I've found that, if I don't update the page the day of, I don't get inane comments from people about "I went on Friday, and it didn't ring up this price," when the pricing takes place Monday. It's a hell of a lot easier that way rather than explain to 10+ people that "nothing takes effect until day xx." If there's a delay in updating the thread, it also shows up at slickdeals a lot later (it's inevitable that it gets posted there, but slickdealers are too lazy to go through the entire post).

So sorry if my lack of posting it is pissing you off, but I'd rather verify what's being put up instead of going with whatever is getting put up. There is method to my madness, and I really don't care if you agree with it or not. Your life isn't enriched any more than it already is if you get the info off the front page, or if you get it from two pages into the thread.

Maybe if I get some time in the next month

Boom. Why don't you have time to do it now? Because you have a life outside of CAG? *gasp* Maybe others do as well. Take that into account before you just crap on someone's thread.

Yes TRU clearances should show up nationwide. I keep such info in my sig since the OP won't add it to the OP nor answer people's questions.

I'm supposed to know everything TOO? So, you're complaining because I don't answer questions I don't know the answer to (because I don't work at TRU, NOW who's making assumptions?), don't update the list the second someone posts something, but refuse to take it over because you "don't have time"?

Wow.

I think you've said enough.

Ugh. I called a toysrus inquring about fear, orange box, and ut3 for ps3. Both fear and ut3 are 5 dollars. Win, but the store is 25 minutes away. Too long for me to drive there. The store thats 5 minutes away has none of those games.. I call best buy wondering if they could pricematch without having an add. Like if they could call. They insisted they needed an ad. Anyway i can get them to email me a screenshot of the price on their computer and print that out to show to bestbuy. Toysrus website doesn't reflect the clearance prices. Can anyone offer help?

[quote name='allure']Ugh. I called a toysrus inquring about fear, orange box, and ut3 for ps3. Both fear and ut3 are 5 dollars. Win, but the store is 25 minutes away. Too long for me to drive there. The store thats 5 minutes away has none of those games.. I call best buy wondering if they could pricematch without having an add. Like if they could call. They insisted they needed an ad. Anyway i can get them to email me a screenshot of the price on their computer and print that out to show to bestbuy. Toysrus website doesn't reflect the clearance prices. Can anyone offer help?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy does not, never has, and never will match clearance prices, regardless of whether or not you have it in print. If it's an ad sale, sure, but otherwise get in the car and drive the 25 minutes if you really want the games.

Enough with the petty back-and-forth, if you'd all be so kind.

Maintaining a list like the TRU Clearance Thread, Target Clearance Thread, KMart Clearance Thread, Sears Clearance Thread and the other threads like it, it's all done by volunteering of peoples' time. jaysapathy, thank you for all the work you do in this thread.

I can't imagine anyone would have this be their main focus outside of other things that they do. People will do that type of work in updating a thread when they have time, and if they don't, sometimes, things won't get updated in a timely manner.

People should be thankful of the job that the OP does when they have time to keep a thread like this going, and sometimes, yes, there's some lapse in the information. If there's information that's out of date, that's what people post in the thread with updates. You can read through the thread for the most up-to-date information, and if it's not all the OP, you don't need to complain about someone not keeping the OP updated.

Cut the childish complaining about the OP not being up to date. If you think you can do a better job, feel free to go ahead and do it. If not, keep the complaining to a minimum and just spend some time going through recent posts.

I'm not a fan of people being complained about because they're not keeping a thread up to date. They do the best job they can, and when they decide to stop doing it, they'll hand it off to someone else.

Speaking of updating, I'm back on my PC now and not posting from my PS3 anymore. So, now I just have to go back through the last 10 or more pages of the thread I maintain and see if I can find the drops that happened and what dates they happened on, so I can update the second post.

At West Covina, CA, I picked up Samba de Amigo for $9.99.

I saw more games since this TRU had a $9.99 clearance (while supplies last the sign said).

Wii:
Elebits
Samba de Amigo

DS:
Rondo of Swords

360:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Game only)

I can't remember any others since none were really that great.

[quote name='allure']Ugh. I called a toysrus inquring about fear, orange box, and ut3 for ps3. Both fear and ut3 are 5 dollars. Win, but the store is 25 minutes away. Too long for me to drive there. The store thats 5 minutes away has none of those games.. I call best buy wondering if they could pricematch without having an add. Like if they could call. They insisted they needed an ad. Anyway i can get them to email me a screenshot of the price on their computer and print that out to show to bestbuy. Toysrus website doesn't reflect the clearance prices. Can anyone offer help?[/QUOTE]

Damn seriously? Just drive before that TRU sells it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back