The Official Warhawk CAG Clan - Join in!

Has anyone setup a CAG-specific server yet, or are we waiting for the clan to get going? I check everytime I log-in, but haven't seen one yet.

Lots of fun tonight! Can't wait til some organized clan play.
If joining is limited, maybe we need a CAG north, south, east, west?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']ah crap, I didn't realize how big the warhawk clan would be. We seriously might have to split up the clan if there is a limit.[/QUOTE]

dude that nothing compare to neoGAF clan. They have like 250+ members, lol.

Wow, I played this sucker 'till 4AM, wasn't even tired when I quit the room...color me impressed (and my wife less so :D). Time for some hair of the dog (more Warhawk).

Dumb question...no one responds when i talk with the jabra headset...are ppl just ignoring me or am i missing something?
i paired it ok & did the voice test & all that & occasionally i can hear ppl talk
thx in advance for any help:)

So do we need to split up into timezones?

Very easy to do. We can change the name/tag on the fly.

Only issue right now is that there is a "bug" (at least I hope it is) that limits clans to 28 invites/members >>> (last reported max I saw was 64).

I had fun too, just running around seeing CAGs doing stuff yesterday.

Cthulhu8u I could see your icon on but couldn't hear you speaking. Someone else too.

[quote name='kaige17']Dumb question...no one responds when i talk with the jabra headset...are ppl just ignoring me or am i missing something?
i paired it ok & did the voice test & all that & occasionally i can hear ppl talk
thx in advance for any help:)[/quote]

Yeah. You have to click down the left stick (L3 button) to talk to teammates.

[quote name='NamPaehc']So do we need to split up into timezones?

Very easy to do. We can change the name/tag on the fly.

Only issue right now is that there is a "bug" (at least I hope it is) that limits clans to 28 invites/members >>> (last reported max I saw was 64).

I had fun too, just running around seeing CAGs doing stuff yesterday.

Cthulhu8u I could see your icon on but couldn't hear you speaking. Someone else too.[/quote]

According to the Warhawk FAQ, the max clan size is 64. If we go over the limit, we can split it according to timezones and add another letter in the tag to represent it.

i.e. CAG Pacific - [CAGP] CAG Eastern - [CAGA] CAG Central - [CAGC] CAG Mountain [CAGM]

Or we could go with the North, South, East, West locations with the same tag setup.

Well I'll put my name in for CAG Central if that works. Should we start new thread (I know... again) or doing via PM's or what?

Once we get settled, we can still run CAG events and mix the clans. Hopefully someone will have strong enough connection to host a server or two for us every now and then soon.

I like the sound of South, East, West, etc. than timezones, but that's just me :)

If we go that route, I can set up CAG South. It looks like we already have 64+, so should we start splitting up into different threads?

CAG versus CAG clan battles do sound rather intriguing.. :D

If needed, I would be more than happy to head the Pacific/West division of the clan. Just give me the word. :cool:

[quote name='Duke Vandal']CAG versus CAG clan battles do sound rather intriguing.. :D[/quote]

i agree that would be pretty fun

[quote name='postaboy']dude that nothing compare to neoGAF clan. They have like 250+ members, lol.[/quote]
That is neogaf, dude!.gif

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I'm not sure what idea I like best. My only concern with Time Zones is that I see EST probably dominating.[/quote]
What are you talking about? I would be playing on the West team :D

I don't know if we have enough to split regions (especially if it truly is a 64 member limit and not the 30 that nampaehc is having trouble with), but the idea of CAG wars is interesting.

I'm looking for some good people to play online with. I've been listening to the CAGCast since episode 40ish, but I haven't visited the forums until now.

I'd like to get in on this Warhawk clan if possible.

CAG Username: LazyAaron
PSN Username: LazyAaron
Timezone: Mountain
Area: North or West (BC, Canada)

Lemme know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Lazy.

Edit: I have the headset from the bundle.

If we were to divide by regions, this is what I'd see:

West
CA, WA, AZ, Western Canada Provinces (like near Vancouver and Edmonton), CO, HI, etc.

South
FL, TX, NC, AK, etc.

Midwest (We can call it North, to make it easy)
MN, KS, IL, IN, OH, MI, most of Canada (like the Toronto area), etc.

East
PA, NY, MA, NJ, etc.

One of these, we could stick some international

That's what I'm currently thinking. We should list all the states, provinces, so people know what to join. I might be interested in taking the midwest clan, but we'll see.

What I'm thinking is:
1. Come to a decision as to how to split everything up.
2. Nominate people or something (or say if you're interested) in being the leader for a particular region.
3. Decide who is the leader for each region.
4. Either in one big thread or several threads, the leader of the clan region will keep track of everyones names, info, etc.

FINALLY GOT THE GAME! *raises hands in triumph*

I called Pacific/West leader a long time ago 8)

The timezone split was one of the original ideas when the clan was started up.

I'll be editing the clan list post right away!

EDIT: Second post w/ list of members will change every couple minutes to prevent any editing from being lost, so it might look weird when you look at it, but when I'm all done, it should be nice and neat. After that, if the # of members if larger than 64, I will sort them out according to timezones.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']FINALLY GOT THE GAME! *raises hands in triumph*

EDIT: DAMMIT! I was so close to finishing editing the post then I accidentally clicked on a bookmark in my toolbar, now I gotta start all over again :([/QUOTE]

Ha. Finally. You probably don't even know how many people have been waiting for you. ;-).

PSN: ManaKnight
CAG: The Mana Knight
Nickname: Mana, Mana Knight, T
Time Zone: EST
Headset: Yes

Lives in Midwest
[quote name='Inf^Shini']FINALLY GOT THE GAME! *raises hands in triumph*

EDIT: Second post w/ list of members will change every couple minutes to prevent any editing from being lost, so it might look weird when you look at it, but when I'm all done, it should be nice and neat. After that, if the # of members if larger than 64, I will sort them out according to timezones.[/QUOTE]Finally, we've all been waiting.

[quote name='Gamehead']Ha. Finally. You probably don't even know how many people have been waiting for you. ;-).[/quote]
lol, I had an idea but didn't figure it would've been as many as I just counted o_O, and this is only the beginning I think :cold:

Update: So...we have 73 members as of right now, so we're gonna have to split up the clan

What I'm thinking is, I'll arrange the members into their respective timezones then we'll decide a leader for each one. I'm leader for Pacific/Mountain, Starkkat for Central (?), and another for Eastern.

Since there aren't too many in Mountain timezone, I decided to merge them with the Pacific group.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Once the list is formed I'll disband the current clan so that you all can get your new invites.[/quote]
All righty, give me a little more time to categorize the clan into timezones.

EDIT: Some people have not stated what timezone they are in, so check the list to make sure I got your's down so your placed in the right group, also if you have a mic but I don't have you marked as having one, LMK so I can update the list.

I'm considering being the leader for the east; however, I also run the CAG Gaming Group and that might keep me busy already.

I personally rather have someone else do it if possible, but I will talk with all the clan leaders making sure CAG PSN game nights do not interfere with clan nights.

EDIT: Changed my mind, I'm pulling my name out of the hat for Eastern Clan leader.

OK! I finally finished putting together the list.

Let me know what you think, if I missed anything, and if you have any suggestions, put them in the suggestion box and I'll get back to you ;)

Heh heh....

EDIT: Since the Central group was lacking a bit in members, I moved some of the Mountain timezone people from Pacific into their group. If you guys want to go back or switch with someone else, then let me know and I'll edit the list.
I also added a member count of each group for everyone to see so you won't have to count. It's in parenthesis next the the Group Name. Once a Tag has been decided for each group, I will add that next to the group name in the list as well as the name of the leader.

Nam, did you want Central leadership?

BTW, I have NO IDEA where to put CheapyD. So dude, what group do you want to go into?

Yeh I'd like to help with Central. Looking at the list... Do you think it will get much bigger? I'm just wondering if we should just combine Pacific/Central and do two clans- East (eastern) and West(central/mountain/west)?

Doing it the way you have it now will work better in the future if we get a large influx of people though. It'll take work, but if push came to shove, the leader could kick the central/mountain'ers when the time comes so they could be free to join their own clan.

I might be making it more complex then it needs to be... I just think it would be best to get the greatest number of people into each clan so it will be most likely to have people listed to play with.

>>>Oh and I blame the devs for not seeing how HUGE clans were going to be for this game!

I only expect the list to continue to grow, so I'm thinking it's best we go to three clans. Also, I'm thinking around 32 people per clan (at maximum) would be perfect, because having a giant clan might be a tad confusing (where we may not know each other as well, along with the PS3 XMB friends list capping at 50, if someone wants an entire clan, they can fit it on their XMB friends).

I'm not really sure who would be perfect for the Eastern clan leader, since I don't know every member well. I think Thomas96 would be great, but I believe he's busy at times. I'm almost always available, hang around the forum constantly, I'll always be on a headset (having two USB ones and two BT ones), and I have the organization skills to be a leader. But what holds me back is I usually go to bed earlier than most (I'll usually go to bed by midnight), already run the CAG PSN Gaming Group, and I just don't have the best internet connection to host big games (that's why I can't wait to fully move out and get really good internet).

I would put Cheapy in the mountain/pacific or central unless he specifically wanted to be in the eastern. M/P and central both have the fewest members right now at 19 each. I would put the Canadian players in the time zone that matches their location in Canada (preferably M/P or Central again based on numbers.)

Okay so we'll go with the 3 clans then. I'll disband the current clan shortly and start up central.

Some people on the list haven't logged in yet so the numbers are actually smaller then what we see. I think it would be a good idea to show who has been invited and accepted and then the "pending" folks.

There is a bug going on (or maybe the devs are limiting clans for some reason) where invites can't be sent out and you get a send error. Looking on the offical boards I see other people with the problem but no one has solution. Just a heads up in case we hit a snag again.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Okay so we'll go with the 3 clans then. I'll disband the current clan shortly and start up central.

Some people on the list haven't logged in yet so the numbers are actually smaller then what we see. I think it would be a good idea to show who has been invited and accepted and then the "pending" folks.

There is a bug going on (or maybe the devs are limiting clans for some reason) where invites can't be sent out and you get a send error. Looking on the offical boards I see other people with the problem but no one has solution. Just a heads up in case we hit a snag again.[/quote]

I'll update it with that info soon enough, I'm just gonna take a "timeout" right now on the comp, I'm starting to get a headache :bomb:

I'd like to join in. So, here's all my info:

PSN: reiji_tamashii
CAG: reiji
Nickname: reiji
Time Zone: Central
Heaset: Generic Bluetooth

hmm..
does timezone really matter that much?

im in germany so whatever timezone that is.
So clans cant all be in 1 "clan" ?

It has to be split into timezones?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']hmm..
does timezone really matter that much?

im in germany so whatever timezone that is.
So clans cant all be in 1 "clan" ?

It has to be split into timezones?[/QUOTE]To me, it kind of does. Us who live on Eastern time, may want to play around 9-11pm or something. On PST, it's 6pm and dinner time for them. Some on PST cannot play until 10-11pm, and when that's the case, EST it's 1-2am. That's why dividing up by time zone is a good idea.

Well im sure people will play at much more random times anyways.

For me for example.

im 6 hrs ahead of est (its 318am here in germany right now)

I work nights so im off during the day which would be evening./nights for the EST people.

I wouldnt want to be in my own timezone because i dont play when most other people would play in my timezone...

I have a question. I noticed the clans are now in timezones. I'm on PST but since I work nights, I would play around 230-3AM'ish. So would I be able to see any CAG'ers around that time? If I dont have school, then I'd play around 2-4PM PST and whenever available on the weekends. If none really, I don't mind hitting up a few rounds with everyone.

Anyway because of the 64 person limit and the amount of people wanting to join the clan we basically have to split it up. With timezones, you might be more likely to find someone to play with but it isn't a huge factor on things. What other suggestions do you guys have on how to do that?

If you haven't seen the clan menu, it is basically a buddy list in game. It shows you the people in the clan and what server they are on. You can join the servers with them but can communicate in anyway (save for the leader changing the main message page for members.)

The way I see this working is yes we'll have split groups, but still have general events/times for everyone. No matter what clan your in. I don't know if we should say, "okay East- your play time is blahblah" and "central you can be here at so and so time". More likely I'd like to see us help Inf^Shini nail down a general schedule (whose got the connecting speed to host us a server? :) ) and then try and meet up then. Leaders will be able to post messages about this in-game, so you won't need to check here all the time.

The clans will just be an easier way to keep in touch and track of everything outside of the forums.

bread's done
Back