The "Oil of Olay! All Day and Every Day!" Disco Inferno Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be kidding me

-- Hulk Hogan returned to TNA Wrestling at last Thursday's TNA iMPACT! taping in Fayetteville, North Carolina wearing a back brace due to his numerous surgeries. Hogan was telling people he's not dealing with as much pain as he has in the past. Monday on Twitter, a fan asked him about the possibility of wrestling one final match and he said that he would like return to the ring by the end of the year. A company source reports that Hogan discussed returning to the ring at last Thursday's taping.

[quote name='davo1224']Before I go any further, have you played the game before recently?[/QUOTE]

I played a couple matches of VPW2 a couple days ago, but before that, I haven't played any of those AKI wrestling games in at least a year. I lived, ate, and breathed AKI wrestling games starting with Revenge in 1998 all the way through No Mercy in 2000, though.

Well that would explain why. People who have been playing the game have been doing so for almost a decade. There are many translations available as well as it more or less being the exact same screens at WrestleMania 2000.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']All this talk about invasions makes me think of the UWFi/NJPW angle. Anyone remember/read about that?

EDIT:

POSSIBLE Wrestlemania card spoilers:

- According to one source, here's what WWE has planned for WrestleMania 27 as of this week's creative meetings. Keep in mind things are always changing.

Special Guest Host: The Rock

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs. The Miz

World Heavyweight Title Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge

The Streak on the Line
Triple H vs. The Undertaker

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs. Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole, Special Referee: Steve Austin
Cole's trainer Jack Swagger will be in his corner.

WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Gail Kim will be in Bryan's corner while The Bellas will be with Sheamus.

* Another undetermined Divas match will also take place. There will be no Money in the Bank this year.

....fuck[/QUOTE]

Talk about a weak-ass card. I guess my money is safe for the first time in about, oh 5 years or so. Even bought last year, which wasn't really all that hot in retrospect. I mean, there is really some good talent active right now, but Vince etc won't get out of the fail-safe rut of the same ol' guys in the same ol' matches...

QUESTION: In 5 years, who will be the top names for WWE? Undertaker and HHH will be gone. Cena too? Will Orton stick around that long? There's a ton of actual mid-card level talent floating around right now...who's your pick to be on top in a few years?

[quote name='mykevermin']^ I don't get the point about Hogan turning face. The whole point of invasion was to have two rival promotions. An entire *promotion* shouldn't be cast as a heel - when you do that and put the product on its own, the product fails. See also: NWO Nitro, NWO Souled Out PPV. That's another reason the angle died: the entire fucking *company* of WCW was cast as the heel. That doesn't make any fucking sense. [/QUOTE]

I think it does. It's not that I don't think their should have been WCW faces, but in general they were going to be treated like heels from the WWE crowd. Hogan, even with his long tenure in WCW, though would have been seen like the Hulk Hogan of old, look at the WrestleMania 18 reaction. The only way I think Hogan would have worked would have possibly been to do like the opposite of Bash at the Beach and have him surprise everyone and help the WWE side in a match. I just find it difficult to think the crowds wouldn't have embraced him right away and he would have took away from the WCW vs WWE conflict.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']If Hogan dies in the ring, who is going to do those rent to own commercials with Troy Aikman?[/QUOTE]

"Brother Bruti here to tell you about the low, low interest rates at Hillbilly Furniture!"

[quote name='niceguyshawne']If Hogan dies in the ring, who is going to do those rent to own commercials with Troy Aikman?[/QUOTE]

"We are the Nasty Boys we rent a lot of contraptions. We offer three month warranties for your protection."

-Imagine them singing over their WCW theme song.

Possible Lawler/Cole Spoiler:

Earlier this week, it was reported that WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart is leaving TNA Wrestling to appear for WWE at WrestleMania weekend. Hogan tweeted the following about what Hart will be doing at WrestleMania:

"I think it's great for Jim Hart to go back to the WWE as Jerry Lawler's manager at WrestleMania."

"I just hope it's not a one-off like The Rock. Jimmy still lives for being right in the middle of all the action. He did what was best for himself."

It had originally been reported that Jimmy Hart would only be participating in WWE's Fan Axxess event, but now it looks like Hart will have a more prominent role on the show.

Hulk Hogan, a longtime friend of Jimmy Hart, was reportedly upset when he first found out Hart was leaving TNA to work WrestleMania.

[quote name='lombarvm']"We are the Nasty Boys we rent a lot of contraptions. We offer three month warranties for your protection."

-Imagine them singing over their WCW theme song.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Clak, spoiler tag, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back