The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

When I was at Circuit City this morning they told me you can return opened video games and exchange them for another video game...

So if you're stuck with a few extra copies of that POS, you CAN potentially return them and at least get a decent game at CC...assuming you have a receipt from there and no just price match receipts from Sears :)

so who is the CAG trading in games in Diamond Bar, CA. I looked at the used games for sale and saw several Beowulf (PS3) and Happy Feet (Wii). It'd just be nice to know. Kinda funny because I thought no one else used that store.

[quote name='Skelah']What really got me is the woman I spoke to mumbled 'im not giving a 40 dollar game for 8 dollars' . I shouldve asked for her autograph guess shes 'mrs walmart'.[/quote]

She must be a shareholder :roll:

Seriously, Walmarts OWN operating practices towards potential vendors is legendary.

[quote name='freshzen']When I was at Circuit City this morning they told me you can return opened video games and exchange them for another video game...[/quote]

Nope.

[quote name='Torch']The same thing happened to me, some dumb middle management woman comes up and immediately tries to find a way out of the PM by saying that they don't match percentage deals. I argue that the 80% is a frame of reference for the value of the deal, but she wants no part of logic and claims that if she "doesn't know how much Circuit City sells it for" she can't give me the PM, I try telling her that's what the big 7.99 tag means, but again...no logic. I was in a bad mood by this point and I let it escalate when she said she wasn't trying to argue with what I was trying to convey. I say that's an absurd thing to say when her point directly contradicts mine, and that if she just doesn't want to give me the PM on the basis of it being too large she should just say so. She tries her best to put the PR spin on it, but without any logic to back her up she fails and I tell her she can't have it both ways (be right without me being wrong) At this point, she storms off and tells the cashier not to give me the PM under any circumstance.

Screw you Wal-Mart of Utica, Michigan. You just lost a customer.
[/quote]
Same thing happened to me at Meijer's on Sunday, the thing is she talked to four other employees and they all said the same thing, we don't match % and it's 80% off. Then I told them I wasn't asking for a percentage because Meijers sells it for 50 so 80% off would be 10 and I want it for 7.99.

Then she repeated WE CAN'T MATCH IT BECAUSE THEY SELL IT FOR 39.99 REGULARLY AND WE SELL IT FOR 49.99!!

So I said why don't you match there 39.99 regular price and then match the 7.99 sales price, and she repeated that they couldn't match it because the regular prices were different.
The irony that she couldn't match the price was totally lost on here.

Customer service is so terrible these days. I think it is because of the wellfare to work programs, I think we should just pay these people to stay home so we don't have to deal with them.

my sears story to price match was even worse, i've had a run in with the dumb middle management woman there before. she wouldn't let me PM b/c she told me it was a closeout game, i said, no...the sticker on the game is still 39.99, its just on sale this week.. she kept arguing with me. so i left and just paid the extra 4$ at CC not to have to deal with the stupid lady.

My guess for the main reason why they dont want to pricematch this game is that their wholesale prices were probably a lot more than $4-$8. But still, i'd tell them "Hey, I didnt make the policy, take it up with corporate if you got a problem with it". That'll probably throw them off guard (as usually thats the line that the employees would say to the customer)

I'll be getting rid of my last 3 copies tomorrow. Last weekend before christmas, I dont wanna be anywhere near a mall. I'd say I came out pretty good though. Not as lucky as Kunai, but im sitting on almost $700 credit with only around $180 spent. Calmly awaiting those Amazon gift cards.

Anyone having trouble purchasing MM at Sears? Specifically, the game is "Available" at certain stores online but are nowhere to be found on the floor. I had this happen at the Mall of Orange and Cerritos Mall today. I think they might be pulling copies because of the price match. I almost had four copies of MM yesterday at Cerritos but they only let me get one.

[quote name='blair2100']Same thing happened to me at Meijer's on Sunday, the thing is she talked to four other employees and they all said the same thing, we don't match % and it's 80% off. Then I told them I wasn't asking for a percentage because Meijers sells it for 50 so 80% off would be 10 and I want it for 7.99.

Then she repeated WE CAN'T MATCH IT BECAUSE THEY SELL IT FOR 39.99 REGULARLY AND WE SELL IT FOR 49.99!!

So I said why don't you match there 39.99 regular price and then match the 7.99 sales price, and she repeated that they couldn't match it because the regular prices were different.
The irony that she couldn't match the price was totally lost on here.

Customer service is so terrible these days. I think it is because of the wellfare to work programs, I think we should just pay these people to stay home so we don't have to deal with them.[/quote]
I got the same "we don't do % off" crap the other day at meijer as well. I understand that retail workers need their jobs, but it really seems like they care a little bit too much sometimes. Needless to say, I just walked out without wasting my time with them.

Any games we should keep our eyes on as a replacement for Beowulf? I'm personally looking at "The Golden Compass" for 360 and PS3. It's already fallen twenty bucks in a couple of weeks.

Well, I shake my head even more in disbelief at djkunai's massive flipping after my experience tonight. Pardon me while I vent some frustrations...

I went out with some MM and CoJ. I have only traded one MM at my local store to this point. First I tried yet another Gamecrazy for the trade-in price match. The guy there said they give the best trade-ins of any used game store so he's "almost sure" their prices will be better. I said "OK, but will you price match a specific receipt"? He said probably, but he'd have to see the trade-in values first. So I said "either you have a price match guarantee or you don't". He said "I guess we don't". :roll:. So that makes 1 GC that matched and 3 that have no idea what I'm talking about. I definitely don't want to do more than 1 of the same game at the good GC because they have been really cool this last year (ever since my GR closed and I started going there more often).

Then I went to the "good" Blockbuster (second closest to me) that sells new games and gave me the gift cards with my trades last time (turns out it was the store manager who did that too!). I remember them not caring one whit that I had a 360 and PS3 version of Beowulf to trade at the time. Well, she's not there, but another person brings up my account and there is a note not to trade and that I need to talk to the store manager. They told me they have no idea what happened but that I could talk to her on Sunday.

OK, so I headed a ways away to one of the other stores where I traded a single 360 and single PS3 Beowulf last week. I had never traded at all at this store before, and they had a note from the DM on my account there saying because I traded the same game at 3 stores I couldn't trade any more. Ruh-roh! Of course, I didn't bother trying the 3rd store. I think that 3rd store may be where the trouble started and it was all because of my damn chattiness with the clerk. This was a store where I hadn't traded in 1 1/2 years and my account wasn't active so he signed me back up. During that I made a stupid comment that I had the same problem at another store and he started asking me funny questions after that (like did the other store refuse my trades, etc). Like an idiot I made it worse and told him which store it was. So he must have taken it upon himself to check over there and found out I traded the same 2 games earlier and punted it up to the DM. Either that, or some system-wide message went out to be on the lookout for Beowulf trades. But if that was the case, I'd expect a lot more CAG's to be banned.

So, anyway, in this district I traded 3 copies of 360 and 3 copies of the PS3 version to 3 different stores (1 each of each sytem to each store only). At the second store the store manager came out and talked to me. I asked him about the trade agreement (2 copies per day) and he said he didn't know about that but that they have the right to stop the agreement at any time. And yes, I'm aware of that, but you'd think there might be more of a reason than that. I was pretty pissed at this time (not outwardly, but seething inside ;)) so I just left. I guess I should have got the DM's number so I could call to see if he thinks I was trading stolen games (and thus I could show the receipts to prove otherwise). But I'm not even sure it is worth bothering with. 2 of the 3 stores I hadn't been to in ages and I can do without them. I had been getting tired of the driving around thing anyway, and MM was to be my last trade there. However, I would like to be able to trade at the store with the new stuff. So maybe I'll call the store manager there on Sunday and see what she says.

I'm also hoping my local store is OK as I think it is in a different district. I traded a MM there several days after the Beowulf thing and had no problem. I'd like to check but I don't want to ask and I don't want to trade another MM in order to find out either!

Anyway, looking at my receipts, I traded the 360/PS3 Beowulf at one of the three stores 1 day, then at the other two 3 days later. So, I was still following the trade agreement even if you make it 2 copies per day district-wide (or country-wide for that matter). I did 2 360 and 2 PS3 copies in that one day, and that is all.

My luck turned a bit better when I hit an even further away Gamecrazy. This guy knew about their trade-in price-match guarantee (whoo-hoo, finally!). He also called the store, so while he had them on the phone I had him ask about Red Steel, too, which wasn't on my printed quote. Not only did he match all 3 games (MM, CoJ, RS), but he gave me the MVP boost on top. Then he commented on how clueless the Blockbuster employee was about the games :lol:. So the night ended on a good note, anyway (and I was able to get rid of the 3 games I had unsealed!).

I knew this was a possibility from the reports here on CAG. But just add this to the reasons to dislike Blockbuster. I've made this comment before when others have been banned (when it wasn't from blatant store-to-store flipping). I NEVER EVER feel "wrong" taking the same game into multiple Gamecrazy's or EB/GS stores. Yet, BB has infused in us anxiety over our trades. I did nothing wrong according to the trade agreement, yet always had to "be careful". Hey, it would be fine if there was a note saying not to take any more Beowulf from this guy. I'd expect that. Anyway, I would say I knew I was pushing it with the same game from 2 systems and that may have tipped someone off (to what, I don't know ;)). I had never traded multiples or multi-system games before like that, so just be careful guys - unless you are djkunai, that is, who gets managers to suggest he buy the used copies back and flip them right around for massive profit (note I never did ANYTHING like this!).

Anyway, enough... I was going to stop trading anyway as the credit is damn near useless. So I guess this makes it easier. I'd still like to be able to do the occasional trade at my local store, though, so we'll see how that goes.

I do wish I had bought some Halo 3's during the last EB/GS 30% bonus promo (didn't use it at all this time) - even at a slight loss I wish I had transferred more credit over! D'oh!

I think we all knew this could happen. And as everyone knows these stores that take trades reserve the right to reject trades at their own discretion. Thus. the reasoning behind staying under the radar. If I was the DM in the area I would let you continue to trade just to find out what trade prices need to be adjusted by corporate. So on another note, maybe take someone with when you talk to them. (video or tape of them accussing you of stealing the games) If any cags get accussed of this I gotta say glitter and mag racks! I don't have this problem as there are no gr stores in my area. Sucks for you though. Best case is you may get to trade still but they will be watching.

added:This thread is gonna get really big now.

[quote name='djkunai']I'm done with MM for now. Golden Compass, huh...[/QUOTE]

No comment on my wall o' text, djk? :lol:

On a lighter note, I am actually going to see Golden Compass tomorrow with the kids - and I'll be using some of that Beowulf movie cash for snacks. I intend to enjoy every bit of it ;).

[quote name='io']No comment on my wall o' text, djk? :lol:

On a lighter note, I am actually going to see Golden Compass tomorrow with the kids - and I'll be using some of that Beowulf movie cash for snacks. I intend to enjoy every bit of it ;).[/quote]

Good luck enjoying the flick, at least you'll have popcorn and soda.

[quote name='Agrippan']Good luck enjoying the flick, at least you'll have popcorn and soda.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what I meant - enjoying the Beowulf movie cash snacks ;). I've seen mixed things about the movie itself but my Mom (who saw it) thought my daughter would like it, so, meh, why not...

[quote name='io']unless you are djkunai, that is, who gets managers to suggest he buy the used copies back and flip them right around for massive profit[/quote]
I'm still having a hard time believing this part, especially on top of all of his other unusually good luck flipping. The GR managers I've dealt with are generally on the lookout for people "taking advantage of the system." I've learned to keep a low profile and avoid drawing attention to my trading habits, and even then I'm starting to get some questions. GR managers must not give a damn out on the West Coast or wherever he is.

I got rid of my last MM Friday night, for a total of 7 traded at 7 different locations. It would have been 8, but one of my non-GR Blockbusters is closing soon and won't take any more trades. I got most of them (including one that I kept) at several Sears stores, and nobody gave me any trouble with price matching. Two Sears locations even let me get two copies each, though I think it was because the managers were distracted and didn't even look at what they were approving.

Edit: I saw Golden Compass, and it wasn't all that great from an adult perspective. Kids will probably enjoy it, though.

I dont like to have credit on the blockbuster system, especially when I am trading lots of copies of the same game into multiple stores.

Credit in, credit out.

Seems that SoCal GR/BB Managers seem more "relaxed" about trades though.

[quote name='elmyra']

I got rid of my last MM Friday night, for a total of 7 traded at 7 different locations. [/QUOTE]

But see, I've always done that too - it isn't enough, I guess, if the right circumstances conspire against you. Anyway, I need to wait till Sunday and talk to the store manager at the first store and see if there's more behind this.

Once again, though, I would say there's no way I'd worry about such things at GC or EB/GS. This is peculiar to Blockbuster.

[quote name='io']But see, I've always done that too - it isn't enough, I guess, if the right circumstances conspire against you. Anyway, I need to wait till Sunday and talk to the store manager at the first store and see if there's more behind this.

Once again, though, I would say there's no way I'd worry about such things at GC or EB/GS. This is peculiar to Blockbuster.[/quote]

I feel your pain! I am banned at every store within 30 miles of my house! I'm in Buffalo, NY. and I now have the same note on my account as you do. In fact it's worse with me cause I was called "suspicious" and a voice mail was left at every bb location about me, WTF! I did the same thing as everyone else with the trade ins of Beowulf, I managed to dump 8 at BB. They wouldn't even let me use my "value cards" at the one store. Thank god I have a friend at the one store that took the note off my account at his store.

I even emailed corporate as I encourage you and everyone else to do. It's Complete BS, cause ya I now feel like I'm being watched when I go into any BB now. Corporate sent me an apology email and said they would look into the situation and get back to me in 3-5 days. I doubt they clear my account but I even emailed them my reciept and said this is wrong what they did to me.

So ya I feel like a wanted criminal now for trading purchased games into a store that excepts trades.

Infact it's so cool doing this that, I won't be stopping anytime soon. Just know your not alone and GOOD LUCK getting your account cleared.

Best wishes and Merry Xmas!

ps. find a friend that works at BB and take advantage of his %20 discount on used games :)

my account was frozen TALK TO A DM. They are freezing because they think these items are stolen. Carry a receipt whenever you trade and they will leave you alone. My DM said nothing can be done store level it is perfectly fine according to BB trade policy. I go in now and they arnt happy to see me but dont give me problems

Was able to pick up 4 :360: MM and 1 :wii: Red Steel at Sears. Less than $22 will become ~$136. :D

Now I just gotta decide if I want to buy a :360: or not. My main BB/GR just got a shipment in this week it seems. I wish they had slim PSPs, at least there are a few games I actually want to play on that system.

[quote name='edavis0780']Anyone having trouble purchasing MM at Sears? Specifically, the game is "Available" at certain stores online but are nowhere to be found on the floor. I had this happen at the Mall of Orange and Cerritos Mall today. I think they might be pulling copies because of the price match. I almost had four copies of MM yesterday at Cerritos but they only let me get one.[/quote]

I PMed and purchased both copies my Sears had. After the 110% PM discount I got both for close to $10. I took the ad in and said "You guys have a price match guarantee right?" The guy in electronics said "yes, as long as it's not some sort of deal that requires you to sign up for a credit card." so I told him I wanted to PM a game. He got the keys and opened the game case. I asked him to grab both copies of MM he said something like "One for you and one for a friend?" I showed him the ad and he froze for a second. He then told me it would be no problem but he had to check the internet price (I would've tried to PM the Madden 08 error price if it wasn't for this). He went to the back, came back out, and told me he would do it he just needed to get a manager to approve the transaction.

After I made my purchase the guy said "Wow that was a really good deal. Do you mind if I keep the ad? I want to see if there's anything else I can find."
I let him keep the ad and went right over to GR to trade in my two copies.

I think djkunai should scan a copy of his receipt for us to see. I want to see what it looks like when he trades all of those games in (especially the one where he raped GR with those copies for 1k in credit). Any chance you can do this, kunai? Proof would be great. :D

And yes, if you guys find any other great deals, let us know!

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone know the perks of working at Blockbuster? I'm considering trying to get a job there this Spring, so if you could share with me that info, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='Karuto']I think djkunai should scan a copy of his receipt for us to see. I want to see what it looks like when he trades all of those games in (especially the one where he raped GR with those copies for 1k in credit). Any chance you can do this, kunai? Proof would be great. :D

And yes, if you guys find any other great deals, let us know!

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone know the perks of working at Blockbuster? I'm considering trying to get a job there this Spring, so if you could share with me that info, it would be much appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The only things I know of from a friend is:

You get 5 free rentals a week that can used on Games or Movies but you can't rent a title that is just released Game wise you have to wait like three weeks to rent it for free. One good thing about the free rentals is that you actually get to rent new Movie Releases a week before they come out on DVD.

Your employee discount is 20% off which can be used on almost anything in the store. Sometimes you can get 30% off certain things like for December employees get 30% off any Previously Viewed Movies/Used Video Games.

The main thing I like is that you can use your discount at any location as long as you have a check stub showing that you are an employee of Blockbuster/Gamerush.

All of these reports of people getting banned for MM and Beowulf trade ins is exactly why I only did 2 copies at my local. Even trading in 2 copies the employee looked at me funny and made some comment like "Hmm two copies of the same game?" I had just bought them from the Sears across the street and opened them in the car. I was ready to whip out the reciept if they wanted to give me crap about them being stolen.

I was afraid if I hunted down several copies of this game in my area they would not let me trade them in and I'd get stuck with them.

BTW: Has anyone that's traded in these games in the Kansas City area gotten any flack for it?

[quote name='Chitown021']All of these reports of people getting banned for MM and Beowulf trade ins is exactly why I only did 2 copies at my local. Even trading in 2 copies the employee looked at me funny and made some comment like "Hmm two copies of the same game?" I had just bought them from the Sears across the street and opened them in the car. I was ready to whip out the reciept if they wanted to give me crap about them being stolen.

I was afraid if I hunted down several copies of this game in my area they would not let me trade them in and I'd get stuck with them.

BTW: Has anyone that's traded in these games in the Kansas City area gotten any flack for it?[/quote]

I have traded in several copies of MM to three different GR stores in the Blue Springs area. No problems from them, although I NEVER bring in two copies of one game at the same time.

[quote name='Karuto']I think djkunai should scan a copy of his receipt for us to see. [/quote]

I'm going to be at a Christmas party all day, but I might be able to go through my hundreds of receipts tomorrow and take a picture.

Damn sucks to see io banned you were one of the original GRers.... You should go talk to them personally and be sure to drag all your kids in with you. Maybe have them all carry a DS or any system you have multiples of and be like THIS is why I got multiples! :D Good luck though....

Haha I like how everyone is calling out dj, I stopped believing most of his posts just about the time someone started refering to flipping as kunaiing. It was already hard to believe but then it just started getting stupid. Like i've said before if it's true and you've got the time/stores that let you do it then more power to you but it's not true. If you gonna post a receipt post the one your most proudest of the pile of Beowulf purchases and then flipped all back in during the same visit that the manager encouraged you to do. If i'm wrong i'll be the first to say i'm sorry for doubting you....

I know dj kunai personally and all I can say that everything he has said is true. There is a GR by our college that we both go to frequently and the employees there are really nice (as long as you're not doing anything illegal), and for the most part they know what we are doing, that's why we haven't got banned or have our accounts frozen. And about him going to different GRs and being able to trade in more things, I think it's the way that he communicates and approaches the employees. He doesn't act suspicious at all.

On that note. I went to a different GR last week to trade in my last run of MM and they denied me saying that they didn't have a buyback price. I went to a different one by house and they told me that there was a note on my account stating that there has been several phone calls about me, that it was a possibility that the games were stolen. I asked her about the phone calls. She told me not to worry that several people have that note on their accounts because someone actually did break in to BBV/GR to steal games to trade them in. Well, i gave her my story and acted calm about it. She was really nice and accepted my last few MMs.

Anyways, Christmas party tonight. I heard dj kunai will be sharing his wealth by giving out video games at the party...

Well, I can only HOPE that they think the issue is stolen games, because I can clear that up easily. If it is really because I "traded the same 3 games into 3 different stores" (as the one person read off the note on the account) then, well, that's kind of a random thing and nothing I can do about that. Though I don't remember that being in the trade agreement as a restriction ;).

My one hope is that at the "main" store (ie, the best one) the note simply said to see the manager, and didn't have any other info. So maybe she is waiting to talk with me and clear things up. Then perhaps the DM sent the note out to the other stores near there not to trade in the mean time.

I'm worried that my local store has the note as well. I went in there to rent something the other day and the guy (an old GR employee who knows me well) took a long look at the screen before processing my rentals. He didn't say anything though - but then I guess he probably would avoid the issue if I wasn't trying to trade. I don't care that much about the other 3 stores, but I am curious about my local one. I have to figure out a way to find out...

[quote name='abducted vision']Anyways, Christmas party tonight. I heard dj kunai will be sharing his wealth by giving out video games at the party...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I didn't get you anything yet. I'll probably drop it off with you tomorrow.

That is a bunch of crap. Your trades are being put on hold because you traded in a single copy of the same game to three different stores?

That is complete bullshit. You're not even some ass about it--you actually trade in stuff you actually played and just want to get rid of. Its not like you've always only traded in flippers.

I've never had anyone try to reject a trade in once, except one time when I walked into Game Crazy with a pile of 15 or 20 games...most of which were still sealed. I actually got through the whole stack, getting a price on each one, before the manager walked out and flipped out saying it could be stolen merch. I went in the next day with the games I wanted to trade in, and the same manager took them all no problem lol

Does anyone know the current sale price for a used GameCube at GameRush? I remember that they dropped the used price on the Xbox to $59.99 a while back, and I was wondering if the Cube had dropped as well. I've got a location near me that has a couple of used Cubes still stickered at $59.99, but the clerk refuses to look up the price to see if it's dropped.

Used gamecube is still 60 bucks. Although I can double check tomorrow. I think it's kind of funny hearing all these people getting their accounts banned and such because honestly most employees are clueless. If you go to a regular Blockbuster you'll have a much better chance of trading in multiple titles of the same game with no problem.

My gf bought a bunch of copies of Beowulf and traded them at the Blockbuster she works at (regular one, not game rush) and the store manager was the one who traded in 9 of her copies. Then she put it on a giftcard and bought a Wii at my store.

Just shocked to hear people get caught.

I think everyone following this thread believes that kunai can do all the flips he has done. However as this is the internet everyone is skeptical. How about posting some of those reciepts? Do this and cag can make this front page material. Kunai will be a Cag legend with proof.

[quote name='thegimper']Used gamecube is still 60 bucks. Although I can double check tomorrow. [/quote]

Thanks, but that's not necessary. I think I'm just going to get one at GS for $30 - my GR credit averages out to less than .50 to the dollar, but not that much less, so I'll only pay a little more at GS in cash than I would at GR with credit. I'll just save the GR credit for new release games and such.

[quote name='rmb']I think everyone following this thread believes that kunai can do all the flips he has done. However as this is the internet everyone is skeptical. How about posting some of those reciepts? Do this and cag can make this front page material. Kunai will be a Cag legend with proof.[/quote]

It's pretty amazing that he got away with all of that, but now he's got friends here vouching for him, and that's good enough for me. I wish my GR managers were that awesome! :)

[quote name='thegimper']Used gamecube is still 60 bucks. Although I can double check tomorrow. I think it's kind of funny hearing all these people getting their accounts banned and such because honestly most employees are clueless. If you go to a regular Blockbuster you'll have a much better chance of trading in multiple titles of the same game with no problem.

My gf bought a bunch of copies of Beowulf and traded them at the Blockbuster she works at (regular one, not game rush) and the store manager was the one who traded in 9 of her copies. Then she put it on a giftcard and bought a Wii at my store.

Just shocked to hear people get caught.[/QUOTE]

Um, dude, my trades are ALL at regular Blockbusters as there are no GR around here any more. I understand what you are saying. But on the flip side, regular BB's get so few game trades that one person can stand out.

But 9 copies and the manager did it! :roll: Man, if they hold to this ban I'll be pretty pissed to know that :lol:. I'm anxious to call the store manager tomorrow and see what she says. Hopefully it is just a flag for possible theft and with my explanation/receipts I can clear that up. If they truly didn't like someone trading in 3 sets (one 360, one PS3 Beowulf) at 3 different stores then I can just say I had no idea as the trade agreement allows it. I can pledge never to do anything like that again and just trade at the one store. that's fine with me at this point as I really don't need/can't use any more credit anyway.

I only have blockbusters and i've never had a problem before. I know I traded in like 12 copies of Dungeon Siege for PSP when i was snagging it for $5 and getting $22 for it. I told manager what i was doing and showed him reciept.

After all its perfectly legal. Only thing he had me do was trade in 2 a day to his store and he asked me to take 6 of the copies to another store so he wouldn't have to many gathering dust.

Was only able to trade in 4 copies of MM due to all the stores here being sold out and sears closing but just traded 2 each to 2 different stores and they had no issues. So i guess it depends on the employees.

Well, I talked to the manager at the first store today. She said she had to talk to her DM about letting me trade again and couldn't do that until after Christmas. She said they thought trading Beowulf into "3 or 4 stores" was "fishy". I said I had receipts for the games and welcomed the DM to call me at home if there is anything that needs to be cleared up.

I believe this is the same DM that was the DM of the old Gamerush store and she has cleared up issues for me before (like the lost Zelda and FF XII preorders). Though, on the other hand, she is the one who sent the ban out to the other stores (as far as I can figure). So hopefully it will be cleared up. I didn't even get to the bit about the 2 copies/day thing in the trade agreement (which, after all, is the only restriction I would be aware of unless they told me otherwise - which they didn't). I was willing to offer only trading one of a game in the future (across all stores) if that's what it took - I'd just want a chance to be able to abide by the rule that I wasn't aware of. But I'm not sure it even needs to go that far - it appears it was just a knee-jerk concern over stolen games (ie, that the games were stolen from somewhere else and traded into BB). Of course, that is easily enough cleared up with my Gamestop and Best Buy receipts.

I'm trying to build credit back up at GameRush.

Where can I find Monster Madness the cheapest, and has anyone seen Wiis in stock lately?

My 3rd 360 just crapped out on me so while it's in repairs I'm gonna try to use my money for a Wii instead of Rock Band and other things for the 360.

Thanks a lot guys.

I haven't checked up on my blockbuster to see if i was banned or not...So when your banned you can't use your "Value Cards" That doesn't seem right...Seems almost illegal!

Honestly if they tried to ban me i'd tell them to either shut up and call the police or give me service. I'd seriously report them to the consumers general because they cannot accuse you of stealing and ban you from stores with no proof.

[quote name='aoLat']I'm trying to build credit back up at GameRush.

Where can I find Monster Madness the cheapest, and has anyone seen Wiis in stock lately?

My 3rd 360 just crapped out on me so while it's in repairs I'm gonna try to use my money for a Wii instead of Rock Band and other things for the 360.

Thanks a lot guys.[/quote]

Monster Madness was in Circuit City's weekly ad that ended yesterday for $8, and most retailers still carry it for $39-49, so that ship has probably sailed for you.

Anyone notice if Blockbuster's sale price for Monster Madness dropped (to indicate its trade value will be dropping on Tuesday?) I've got one left so I'm wondering if I need to Io it * on Christmas Eve or if its safe to hold on to it till next weekend. And Blockbusters seem to be open on Xmas Day, if that's of interest.

*We use the term "kunaiing" for trading in many copies, so maybe we should use the term "Io-ing" for trading in only 1 or 2 copies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back