The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

Next monday is when the brackets will be set up, and pairings announced. People have until Sunday to sign up before I stop taking entries. It's mentioned in the OP.

I'm in, but am a little confused on the rules. I understand the 1 vs 1 rule, but 2 out of 3? So will we have to fight 2 matches, so 6 stock? Or 3 matches, and whoever wins 2 out of them? Also, by turning items off, does that mean smashballs won't appear? And how will brackets be determined, software or drawings from a hat :p

[quote name='Riyonuk']I'm in, but am a little confused on the rules. I understand the 1 vs 1 rule, but 2 out of 3? So will we have to fight 2 matches, so 6 stock? Or 3 matches, and whoever wins 2 out of them? Also, by turning items off, does that mean smashballs won't appear? And how will brackets be determined, software or drawings from a hat :p[/quote]Best 2 out of 3 means that out of three games played (with 3 stocks in each game), the one who gets 2 wins first wins the round. I don't see how that's confusing. =/

Pairings will be determined randomly. I have a system, mind you, and it's more complicated than drawing from a hat.
I have a shoe, thank you very much.
Also, name list updated.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Best 2 out of 3 means that out of three games played (with 3 stocks in each game), the one who gets 2 wins first wins the round. I don't see how that's confusing. =/

Pairings will be determined randomly. I have a system, mind you, and it's more complicated than drawing from a hat.
I have a shoe, thank you very much.
Also, name list updated.[/quote]

My bad, I was really tired when I said that. As for your system, too complex for me ;)

out of curiosity, what happens on disconnect?

my lovely cable internet has this really cool habit where it likes to disconnect for 5-20 seconds, or just long enough to force me out of whatever game i'm playing. it's oh-so-wonderful in halo.

[quote name='kainzero']out of curiosity, what happens on disconnect?

my lovely cable internet has this really cool habit where it likes to disconnect for 5-20 seconds, or just long enough to force me out of whatever game i'm playing. it's oh-so-wonderful in halo.[/quote]Just do like Nintendo says to do when you can't connect with someone: try again. :D

Name list updated. 50 people so far, for those of you keeping track.

Will there be some sort of schedule confirmation with the contestants in case they have something, or something?

Man, I'd totally join in on this if I weren't busy with my final semester of college... Have fun you guys. May the best man/woman win.

[quote name='AmigoOne']Will there be some sort of schedule confirmation with the contestants in case they have something, or something?[/quote]When the pairings are made, then I'll post them up. I plan on spending what free time I have on sunday making all the pairings, then posting them on monday. People will have 24 hours to play and report their results in the thread.

Name list should be updated by the time this is read.

UPDATE: I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so if people are still considering entering the tournament, don't be afraid to enter now! I'll be accepting all entrants until sunday, which is when the entries will no longer be accepted. If you want a specific time slot, it's gonna stop this sunday at noon, pacific.

I should really be sleeping right now. Z_Z

OP updated with the deadline news.

bread's done
Back