The OTT is heading off to rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']Umm...Canadian?[/QUOTE]

Want some in you? ;)

Anyway, I'm a fricking idiot. I have spent the better part of 90 minutes trying to write a VB app that'll take the MAC address of a NIC from a Win7 machine, alter the first two characters of the string and preserve the rest while making a back-up of said entry so it can be changed back and forth and still be unique (so that I don't cause any network issues on that subnet and can keep track).

Since I only need this for ten to 15 machines, I was toying with a few different ways, but couldn't come up with something simple and user proof. And I was getting tired of trying different ways to parse the string and make it do what I want.

Then it hit me. Since I need to touch all these PCs anyway tomorrow, I'll just fucking export the reg value I need, alter the value and export that. I made a small exe of only ten lines and two buttons for the user to click (that'll import the regedits without them knowing). I'll throw the exe, the two regedits into a directory and put a shortcut on their desktop. It's not pretty, but it'll do exactly what I need it to do with less margin for error (it's been a long day).

tl;dr I'm a dumbass and I only make my life harder, sometimes.

EDIT: By way of comparison: a word count of the form code is exactly 50 words. The word count of the "help" text box button that explains what the buttons do is 53 words.

[quote name='manthing']
I'd be OK with it if digital distribution wasn't killing the game industry I've grown up with since they made nickelodeons with nude women.

[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure I see your point -- I don't mean the challenge maps for him or whatever, I mean the fact that the robin they made for Arkham City really doesn't look like any of the Robin incarnations in the comics to my knowledge and they seem to have given him the "jack up, shaved head" look to try to appeal to the generic CoD-loving audience.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Want some in you? ;)
[/QUOTE]

What are you, some kind of sickie?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not quite sure I see your point -- I don't mean the challenge maps for him or whatever, I mean the fact that the robin they made for Arkham City really doesn't look like any of the Robin incarnations in the comics to my knowledge and they seem to have given him the "jack up, shaved head" look to try to appeal to the generic CoD-loving audience.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look at the Robin model before I replied, nor did I realize they turned him into Duke from the GI Joe movie.

That dude is the worst actor ever, and he'll never get better.

[quote name='manthing']What are you, some kind of sickie?[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's just been hanging out with me a lot lately. I'm surprised he didn't respond "You know who else isn't Canadian?... MY MOM!"

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Thang, I'm not hearing a "no."[/QUOTE]

You've changed mang...

Have you really changed from the full fist schlorp, to the weird squishy sound backdoor love makes?

[quote name='Chika']Nah, he's just been hanging out with me a lot lately. I'm surprised he didn't respond "You know who else isn't Canadian?... MY MOM!"[/QUOTE]

...my mum was Canadian, though.

[quote name='manthing']You've changed mang...

Have you really changed from the full fist schlorp, to the weird squishy sound backdoor love makes?[/QUOTE]

Only for you, my friend.

Oh yeah, I'm evil now. I forgot to mention that.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']...my mum was Canadian, though.[/QUOTE]

My mom's married to a Canadian....

Len doesn't watch Regular Show?

[quote name='Chika']My mom's married to a Canadian....

Len doesn't watch Regular Show?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's seen it. (Come to think of it, I don't think I've watched a whole episode, either.) I know he likes Adventure Time Show, though.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Only for you, my friend.

Oh yeah, I'm evil now. I forgot to mention that.[/QUOTE]

so gay sex=evil?!?

Who are you? Michelle Bachmann?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I don't think he's seen it. (Come to think of it, I don't think I've watched a whole episode, either.) I know he likes Adventure Time Show, though.[/QUOTE]

Well, the two of you need to sit down and watch it together. You won't be sorry.

[quote name='manthing']so gay sex=evil?!?

Who are you? Michelle Bachmann?[/QUOTE]

No, only how I do it is evil. (Ouch on the Bachmann thing...that was low.)

The evil thing was something I announced on FB. It wasn't related to the gay sex (which you still haven't declined, BTW) - it was a response to you saying I've changed.

G'night Chika - heading to bed myself. I'll be sure to check it out.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']No, only how I do it is evil. (Ouch on the Bachmann thing...that was low.)

The evil thing was something I announced on FB. It wasn't related to the gay sex (which you still haven't declined, BTW) - it was a response to you saying I've changed.

G'night Chika - heading to bed myself. I'll be sure to check it out.[/QUOTE]

What do you do? Put on clown make up and stick your foot in peoples' mouth while making their parents watch?

If so, I'm out.

And you know how many young women have herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc nowadays? Almost 30%. Plus they always omit mentioning it before they tell you they don't 'like the way a rubber feels'.

I've had a couple of scares in the past few years, which is why I think gay sex is almost safer nowadays.

[quote name='manthing']What do you do? Put on clown make up and stick your foot in peoples' mouth while making their parents watch?

If so, I'm out.

And you know how many young women have herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc nowadays? Almost 30%. Plus they always omit mentioning it before they tell you they don't 'like the way a rubber feels'.

I've had a couple of scares in the past few years, which is why I think gay sex is almost safer nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Know what else is great about gay relationships? Your available wardrobe doubles.

I'm too hairy for gay dudes w/ a 31-32" waist.

Plus most of those dudes love outdoor...things.

Outside of going to a beach on a hot day, outdoor activities ain't my thing.

And yes, I've comtemplated looking at gay profiles just to find new dude friends, as the ones I have currently are supreme douches or I'm humping their drunken fiances(only 1 and I feel bad about it, but SHE initiated it).

Would gay dudes looking for a date be OK w/ a straight using a dating service to look for friends? Where's lilboo at for our gay advice?

[quote name='manthing']I'm too hairy for gay dudes w/ a 31-32" waist.

Plus most of those dudes love outdoor...things.

Outside of going to a beach on a hot day, outdoor activities ain't my thing.

And yes, I've comtemplated looking at gay profiles just to find new dude friends, as the ones I have currently are supreme douches or I'm humping their drunken fiances(only 1 and I feel bad about it, but SHE initiated it).

Would gay dudes looking for a date be OK w/ a straight using a dating service to look for friends? Where's lilboo at for our gay advice?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no shit - whatever happened to Boo?

I think I pissed him off when I bailed on our PSN share group when I sold my PS3.

Then again, he never cared about what we bought, just said w/e when the rest of our group made decisions.

Which were BAD decisons, like when we paid fr Rag Doll Kung Fu on release date.

:oops:

Serious question: If I'm at a house party that has liquor and a whole bunch of under-21s (myself included) but I'm not drinking, can I be in legal trouble if the party is busted?

And friend of mine is having a party and the selection of people and location just screams problematic, so I kind of wanted to go and just hang out and drive people home because I guarantee shit is going to get out of hand, but I don't want to even bother if I could end up getting fucked somehow.

As long as you don't provide the alcohol and your not the only person over 21 there you should be ok. But it really depends on the cops If they raid the place and are in a dick mood.

[quote name='Rocko']Serious question: If I'm at a house party that has liquor and a whole bunch of under-21s (myself included) but I'm not drinking, can I be in legal trouble if the party is busted?

And friend of mine is having a party and the selection of people and location just screams problematic, so I kind of wanted to go and just hang out and drive people home because I guarantee shit is going to get out of hand, but I don't want to even bother if I could end up getting fucked somehow.[/QUOTE]

Possibly. As far as I understand, there are two illegal parts when it comes to underage drinking. There is possession and there is consumption. If the party were to get busted and you hadn't been drinking, you could easily prove that by taking a breath test. Now if the cops happen to come in and see you holding a bottle or a glass (even if you weren't drinking) they could say that you had alcohol in your possession.

What I have seen when parties are busted is this: The cops go in, take everybody's license, separate out who is obviously intoxicated and who isn't. Asks who's place it is and who provided the alcohol. Someone (usually the over 21 person) says they purchased all the booze and so they either get a ticket or get arrested. At that point if people are being assholes, anyone who is under 21 and obviously intoxicated will be given a ticket. Everyone else will be told to get the hell out.

So I wouldn't be terribly worried about going to the party, but there is always a chance that you will get an asshole cop who says he saw you holding a drink and insists on giving you a ticket.

[quote name='Rocko']Serious question: If I'm at a house party that has liquor and a whole bunch of under-21s (myself included) but I'm not drinking, can I be in legal trouble if the party is busted?

And friend of mine is having a party and the selection of people and location just screams problematic, so I kind of wanted to go and just hang out and drive people home because I guarantee shit is going to get out of hand, but I don't want to even bother if I could end up getting fucked somehow.[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine, so long as it isn't where your residence. As someone who frequented many parties back in the day, I know for a fact the square won't get busted.

Hell, depending on the # of police sent to bust the party, you can run/hide from the police, get caught and not get a ticket. I know this from experience, b/c I never got an underage. In WI, getting an underage consumption ticket is points against your license AND your insurance will go up.

Wait, I take that back. That was back in the 90's in IA/IL/MN/WI. I don't know what the local/state laws are in FL.

Look Mak, 2 days in a row!!

:bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']:whee:

I'd break out the whisky to celebrate if I weren't at work.[/QUOTE]

Mix it in with coffee and they'd be none the wiser.

[quote name='Maklershed']:whee:

I'd break out the whisky to celebrate if I weren't at work.[/QUOTE]

:whee:
What are we celebrating?!?!?

[quote name='munch']Budget Budge, answering all of your legal questions since 2008.[/QUOTE]

picture.php

I wonder why you don't see too many women with cleft chins? The only one I can even think of off the top of my head is that lady from Rizzoli and Isles that used to be on Law and Order.

[quote name='Number83']:whee:
What are we celebrating?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the fact this OTT is going to end in less than 8 days.

Of course, I probably just jinxed it.

Even so, this does feel like a record going by current standards.

[quote name='manthing']

Hell, depending on the # of police sent to bust the party, you can run/hide from the police, get caught and not get a ticket. I know this from experience, b/c I never got an underage. In WI, getting an underage consumption ticket is points against your license AND your insurance will go up.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno, every time I have seen a kid try to run and cops catch him the cops are pretty pissed and find a way to give him a ticket, even if nobody else at the party does.

[quote name='darthbudge']I dunno, every time I have seen a kid try to run and cops catch him the cops are pretty pissed and find a way to give him a ticket, even if nobody else at the party does.[/QUOTE]

I was always the one that stuck around and talked to the cops. In my experience, they are pretty chill if you meet them at the door.

Oh and about the drinking thing I have a bit of an experience with that. I was at a party spot in Bloom (college) and outside of the house at the time smoking when the cops turned up. It just so happened my friend who was inside was under 21 and got caught. They didn't bother breathalizing him or anything. They just gave him a citation and sent him on his way. I think it ended up just being a fine and really that was it. I don't think any other problems came of it. Now the owners of the place I'm sure had a much bigger problem but I never found out what happened to them.

[quote name='Maklershed']I wonder why you don't see too many women with cleft chins? The only one I can even think of off the top of my head is that lady from Rizzoli and Isles that used to be on Law and Order.[/QUOTE]

You mean the black haired chick from that lesbian buddy cop show?

How long should a big screen TV last? Can't believe our 42 incher seems to be dead/dying after 4 years. (Granted after near continuous use and alot of little hands rapidly turning it off/on.)

Off to Best buy or video only today perhaps. Freddys has a 40" Sylvania for $399 though.

Next OTT needs to be vs GTT throwdown. JSP came in here talking shit.

[quote name='tiredfornow']anyone still do yourfree360games.com? any cheap/free offers that are instant?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about instant, but it looks like there's a few good $5 offers. I haven't done any yf360g in over a year, I think; I'm going to hit some up soon, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back