The OTT is ready for some football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my sealed copy of Kingdom Hearts II on eBay for $22 shipped.

I was going to hold onto it, sealed, as a collectible, but I decided to cash in on it now. (Paid $5 for it, originally.)

I do have some really good sealed PS2 games that I'm going to keep sealed and cash in on 10 or 20 years for now.

- Viewtiful Joe
- Viewtiful Joe 2
- Killer 7
- Okami
- Persona 4

And a couple others.

[quote name='JStryke']I only pay $68 a month currently, and even getting peanuts in pay, that's not TOO bad. It was only 10 or so over the speed limit. >_>

Easy for you to say. I got a leadfoot from my parents. Plus, I've always been a last minute person. Plus, when you drive an SUV, it always feels like you're going slower than what you are so you feel more likely to speed. For me anyways.

I just love how your answer isn't an answer. Almost like you're trying to be a smartass.[/QUOTE]

Well the way I see it if you just followed the limit you wouldn't be in this problem. Also if I come of as a smartass it may be because the countless times I responded to calls where some idiot struck other vechicles or even pedestrians because they were speeding. There's no real excuse for it. Running late, well leave earlier. Also so what if it feels like you aren't going that fast as long as your going with the speed of traffic, what does it matter? Its not a race.

I never got to open my PS3 copy of MvC3. It will collect dust for the next 10 years until when it will skyrocket in value when the next playstation system offers it as a downloadable game. That, or it will be worth peanuts if UMvC3 is a huge success.

Just watched all of Extras today. Not very productive day but entertaining.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not over Mudhoney they aren't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Well the way I see it if you just followed the limit you wouldn't be in this problem. Also if I come of as a smartass it may be because the countless times I responded to calls where some idiot struck other vechicles or even pedestrians because they were speeding. There's no real excuse for it. Running late, well leave earlier. Also so what if it feels like you aren't going that fast as long as your going with the speed of traffic, what does it matter? Its not a race.[/QUOTE]

Hey JolietJake, shut the fuck up and get out of the fast lane.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just watched all of Extras today. Not very productive day but entertaining.

Yeah they are[/QUOTE]

How good is Extras? It's on my list to watch once HBO Go comes to the PS3.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I have a sealed game. Indiana Jones to be exact.[/QUOTE]
Emperor's Tomb for the PS2? Me, too. I guess it's pretty rare to have it sealed, according to past eBay auctions.

Might sell it. Although I think it would be super-rare to have sealed 20 years for now. And people love splurging on Indiana Jones merchandise. :eek:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not over Mudhoney they aren't.[/QUOTE]

I've liked Mudhoney since way back in the "Touch me I'm sick" days. I havent listened to Pearl Jam since, wow, whatever their second record was.
The Singles soundtrack is one of the greatest reprsentations of a genre. (90s grunge). Nostalgia in full gear.

Warm day but not overly hot. Leftovers for lunch, Wally-Mart trip followed by swimming pool and dariy queen. Nothing that special but a good family day none the less.

[quote name='Brak']Emperor's Tomb for the PS2? Me, too. I guess it's pretty rare to have it sealed, according to past eBay auctions.

Might sell it. Although I think it would be super-rare to have sealed 20 years for now. And people love splurging on Indiana Jones merchandise. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Nah brah. Fate of Atlantis.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've liked Mudhoney since way back in the "Touch me I'm sick" days. I havent listened to Pearl Jam since, wow, whatever their second record was.
The Singles soundtrack is one of the greatest reprsentations of a genre. (90s grunge). Nostalgia in full gear.

Warm day but not overly hot. Leftovers for lunch, Wally-Mart trip followed by swimming pool and dariy queen. Nothing that special but a good family day none the less.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree about The Singles soundtrack. Really miss the grunge days.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How good is Extras? It's on my list to watch once HBO Go comes to the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Very, very funny. Probably not as good as The Office if I had to compare them, but definitely worth a watch.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How good is Extras? It's on my list to watch once HBO Go comes to the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. Not quite as good as Curb Your Enthusiasm but better than The Office imo. I recommend watching it on dvd if you can though because the Extras extras are almost as good as they show. Ricky and Stephen just sitting in a chair talking will make me laugh out loud every time. Plus they have little vignettes where Ricky fucks with one guy in the crew. Also they show a bunch of outtakes.

Morning, OTT.

Can't beleive there is only 1 day left for this holiday weekend...seems like it was only yesterday that I was speeding* home to get started.

*Figure of speech - I obey all traffic laws.

fresh cut fries are washed, sliced, soaked, dried, blanched and cooled. Just waiting for everyone else to get here to turn on the fryer. Potato salad is done, maple-glazed bacon is done, veg dip is done, and veg are cut for the dip. Now if these asshole would show up, we could start eating. fucking 45 minutes late to a bbq? You should be glad if there's any food left. And here we're waiting. Sucks for us.

Can anyone with some photoshop skills get rid of the background and make this the correct avatar size for me? I would owe you big time.
fCard.jpg

For years and years, I hated sports. But lately, as I've been around my Dad and my friends watching it, I don't mind it too much and actually like watching it.

I got a kitten yesterday. Although the plan was to just go check it out and pick it up Thursday before the move, the people had two kids that were crying their eyes out, so we went ahead and took it. One of the kids was actually hiding in the closet with the cats.

Was that Amazon sale/glitch on games for $0.01 real? Feel bad I missed it but I guess you'd have to be constantly hooked up to your computer to even notice those things.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Got to play Mass Effect 3 today. Why the fuck would they make it turn-based?[/QUOTE]

It's a dream come true.

Back to the grind. Those 4 day weekends go by as fast as 1 day of work. Therefore since we're supposed to get two days off I think we should actually be given 8 days off to cover the ratio.

(that incoherent rambling is probably due to the fact that this is the first day of me quitting coffee at work)

[quote name='Chika']Mak, you just missed peanut again....[/QUOTE]

Peanut!

Yup, I start my full time schedule today. 9-6 every day, 3 clients each day (so about an hour of travel time in there) and 8 meetings a month till 8:30.

It'll be a big adjustment. I was doing about 25 hours/week during the summer till new cases came on. It'll be worth it when the paychecks start showing up. :cool:

---

My mentor fin-fuck-ally said I can start writing my discussion section. Gonna try to write a couple drafts by next week and get this shit done be and done with it forever.

---

In happier news, Best Buy is paying ME to play Deus Ex.

I bought it on release day for 60.00 and got a 10.00 bonus in my reward zone account.

It's going to be 35.00 next week at Toys R Us, so they'll give me 25.00 back sunday.

I just finished it last night (amazing game, btw) and it trades for 40.00 at Best Buy.

15.00 profit for me.

I am off from work today, but I can't help but think about what I have to do when I get back to work...I hate taking vacation days!

Sonuva...Can't believe I didn't wake up until 11 today. Normally without an alarm I'm up at 9 or so. I guess that's what happens when the past week I got maybe 5 or 6 hours of sleep a day. Was hoping to get some more time in with dead island though.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']It's a dream come true.[/QUOTE]

Somehow missed this post last night. I had my suspicions, but I think this confirms that you're nuts.

I was hoping to get 8 hours holiday pay yesterday. But the hospital I went to was so slow I got sent home after 5 hours. Had to get up early and work day shift which I something I havent done in 4 years.

Back to the regular schedule today. I think if I concentrate on just the story missions on Infamous and play it each night this week I can maybe be done by the end of the week. And then onto Bioshock or Darksiders.

And after spending a half hour being pinned down by two choppers in front of Nova Prospket in Half Life 2 :ps3: I'm reminded that back in the PC day I would've put myself in god mode by now.

[quote name='Number83']I am off from work today, but I can't help but think about what I have to do when I get back to work...I hate taking vacation days![/QUOTE]

They really do take you out of the rhythm.

Happy birthday temp and Mak!

I think I might pick up Dead Island after work today. My vacation starts at 5:30 and I dont have to return until next Monday. :cool:

[quote name='JStryke']Sonuva...Can't believe I didn't wake up until 11 today. Normally without an alarm I'm up at 9 or so. I guess that's what happens when the past week I got maybe 5 or 6 hours of sleep a day. Was hoping to get some more time in with dead island though.

Somehow missed this post last night. I had my suspicions, but I think this confirms that you're nuts.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm, Strike. It's called sarcasm.

Hmm, now I'm kind of happy I didn't get a chance to play Dead Island last night. Probably would've been burned on it like I was for New Vegas.

[quote name='zewone']Is there no NFL suicide pool this year?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. I was looking in the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back