The OTT of post punk revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I enjoy playing on the PS3. I have played Playstation since the original Playstation then to Playstation 2 then to Playstation 3. I like the Playstation controller. I was never really exposed that much to the Xbox and the times I did I wasn't that impressed.

Don't get me wrong there are games on the 360 I would like to play but in my mind the Playstation 3 is superior.

Just the way I see it.

Allow me to end debate:

Xbox 1 controller (hamburger) > 360 > dualshock > everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii

It's great I spent all that time formatting my hard drive wrong. At least I can format it correctly with DOS hopefully it wont take another millennium.

[quote name='Maklershed']Allow me to end debate:

Xbox 1 controller (hamburger) > 360 > dualshock > everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii[/QUOTE]

Bah.

360 > S > Xbox Original > Dualshock

360 Controller > Controller S > Dual Shock >>>>>>>>>>> Everything Else

Of course Keyboard/Mouse is a completely different ballpark. I much prefer K/M for FPS games, but it really kind of sucks say racing games.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Not a good day for CAGs. According to Facebook, Brak is now 'single'.[/QUOTE]
I rage quit our relationship.

There is no way in hell that loaf of bread with two sticks (xbox original) is better than a dual shock.

However, the 360 is number one in my book.

The Controller S is such an awful controller. It's on the same level as the Dreamcast controller for how bad the ergonomics are for the trigger placement, which was way too low. I'm glad they made a huge turnaround for the 360 controller, which is pretty much on par with the DS3 for me.

DS3>360 Controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii Remote/Nunchuck>>>>Controller S>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dreamcast Controller

I'd say the best controller I have ever held was the SNES controller, followed by the 360 controller. The dreamcast controller isn't that bad if you have large skinny hands. Playing fighting games with the dpad really cramps your shit up though.[quote name='crystalklear64']huh?

360 has had nothing for quite a while

ps3 has had a number of good exclusives this year

i'm no ps3 fanboy (pc of course!), but i can easily see why someone would prefer a ps3 to a 360, at least for this year[/QUOTE]Yep.

[quote name='crystalklear64']wavebird is up near the top of my list, i love the grooved analog wells, makes that clicking sound when you rotate them :)[/QUOTE]I love that controller too.

[quote name='seanr1221']There is no way in hell that loaf of bread with two sticks (xbox original) is better than a dual shock.

However, the 360 is number one in my book.[/QUOTE]

Offset sticks. Not MS's fault you have girl hands, either. ;)

[quote name='flowery']I hold the other belief that the 360 controller is terrible.

So what.[/QUOTE]
So you are masochistic or haven't used the 360 controller.

Sean, here, hold this for me ...

iron-main_Full.jpg

vintage-clothes-iron_%7EOHO0058.jpg

No I have played with both. I have played days worth of 2v2 capture the flag COD2 on the 360 and I just think all Playstation controllers are great.

I know the vast majority of the people in here are hard on 360 and that's fine, it just isn't the time for me to own one (if ever).

~~~

50% formatted...awesome.

The Dualshock is an ancient POS, can't believe the design has been around for 3 generations. I'm still wondering if the MW2 PS3 controller is a better fit:

804136b.jpg

I'm 'this' close to buying it.

[quote name='flowery']No I have played with both. I have played days worth of 2v2 capture the flag COD2 on the 360 and I just think all Playstation controllers are great.

I know the vast majority of the people in here are hard on 360 and that's fine, it just isn't the time for me to own one (if ever).
[/QUOTE]

Does it feel good when you cut yourself sometimes? Or, do you ever hold your pee until it hurts? :)

I just got back from my calc final and it was possibly the hardest test I've ever taken. The last 3 problems I didn't even know how to set up. I kind of messed with them for a half hour or so and then realized they were only worth like 14 points total so I just gave up :(. Hopefully I did well enough on the other things it covered.

Anyone know anything about this remote keyboard combo for the PS3?
It's got Li Ion batteries but uses a dongle (2.4ghz)

It's $50 right now but I might consider this if it drops in price, since the OEM remote is garbage if you have kids.

Edit: NM reading about it on AVS makes me not want it.

I'm curious as to what makes something "garbage if you have kids". Why not just put it up when you are done with it (Like an adult)?

[quote name='flowery']No I have played with both. I have played days worth of 2v2 capture the flag COD2 on the 360 and I just think all Playstation controllers are great.

~~~

50% formatted...awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm curious as to what makes something "garbage if you have kids". Why not just put it up when you are done with it (Like an adult)?[/QUOTE]

I do put it up. I have a leather remote caddy but I can't keep it there;
because it is bluetooth even if you put it in a drawer it can still turn your PS3 on if jostled because any button press functions as an "on" button.

So if you have kids you have to store it out of the way, with the batteries out of it- or wrap it up in something padded. Tell me if that's practical for you?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I do put it up. I have a leather remote caddy but I can't keep it there;
because it is bluetooth even if you put it in a drawer it can still turn your PS3 on if jostled because any button press functions as an "on" button.

So if you have kids you have to store it out of the way, with the batteries out of it- or wrap it up in something padded. Tell me if that's practical for you?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit much to say you need to take the batteries out of it. Just put it on top of a bookshelf or something. If it's that much of a hassle to have a keyboard or remote laying around, you would think it would be too much to have a PS3 in the first place. Maybe you should consider selling your children. And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was just curious.

River Monsters is on Discovery. This show is crazy.

[quote name='Eviltude']I think it's a bit much to say you need to take the batteries out of it. Just put it on top of a bookshelf or something. If it's that much of a hassle to have a keyboard or remote laying around, you would think it would be too much to have a PS3 in the first place. Maybe you should consider selling your children. And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was just curious.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I must have taken your post the wrong way.

My wife is 5-2 and the bookshelf doesn't work as an option. I did have to finally pull the batteries out because every other time someone opened or closed the side-table door the PS3 came on. I found it on several times unexplained, who knows for how long. It's what I attribute to my GPU/HDCP chip/ HDMI controller starting to go early (or what ever makes the chroma skew when it's on for a few hours now).

It's irrelevant to me as I use the controller, I bought the remote primarily for the wife and friends to use the blu-ray player. It's not so much of an issue now that we have the BDP1600 in the other room. I just wish I hadn't bought the BT remote- if I hadn't done so I wouldn't mind dropping more money on the harmony adapter.

Well I am a fucking idiot. Why didn't I think to just make a partition small enough (30 GB) to format to FAT32. It took seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back