The OTT - Poster #500 gets a weapon named after them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, OTT. No posts in 7 hours? Everyone must be playing Madden 11.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Oberon is tasty, tasty beer, 83. Buy in bulk.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']People still play Madden?[/QUOTE]

I guess, since it's the only game in town. I'm picking up my copy on my way home from work today.

Probably won't be able to play it though. Number84 starts training camp tonight! :whee:

No more dropshots in COD.

ypfrZ.gif

oh thanks for telling me that I watch dumb videos JFD I didnt know I did but now I do and I can work toward fixing that so my brain wont rot further
---
I really hope I get a job soon. Turned in two applications this morning and I hope and pray I am called back because this is bullshit. /flowery

Dropshot is when you go from standing to prone position while firing away at an enemy. Gives you an advantage most of the time cause people dont expect it and will try to fire away at where your body used to be while you're already on the ground. A lot of people dont like it cause it's considered cheap.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']People still play Madden?[/QUOTE]

I sort of want to pick it up. I haven't bought Madden in like 2 or 3 years and this one seems pretty sweet. The running system is fun and playing defense is always cool. I just hate spending $60 on an annual franchise.

[quote name='Eviltude']I sort of want to pick it up. I haven't bought Madden in like 2 or 3 years and this one seems pretty sweet. The running system is fun and playing defense is always cool. I just hate spending $60 on an annual franchise.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. It's been a few years since I last purchased a copy of Madden, but I sort of want it. I think I'll hold off for $40. But I may be swayed by KMart offering a $20 "coupon" with it. Got one for buying Splinter Cell today and may use it toward Madden or Bad Company 2. Or points.

[quote name='Eviltude']I sort of want to pick it up. I haven't bought Madden in like 2 or 3 years and this one seems pretty sweet. The running system is fun and playing defense is always cool. I just hate spending $60 on an annual franchise.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. But I traded in 2 $7.xx games from Target Clearance and got $40 off, so for $21.xx, it isn't bad. The last Madden game I bought at launch had Michael Vick on the cover. I'm due.

I just picked up Madden for $40 at Buy.com. Every year I say, I'm not going to get Madden. Then it's on sale somewhere for $40 the week of release. And I talk myself into buying it because after that first week of discounts, It'll be $60 until January.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Hey Frosty, I'd like to wait for a few more reviews on that Scott Pilgrim game.[/QUOTE]

That's cool -- I'd just seen that it was out this week and looks sort of like a castle crashers/final fight beat-em-up type deal... The fact that I dig the artstyle helps too. If you guys aren't down, I'm okay with that, but I figure if I can not worry about dropping full price on it, it's always worth asking.

--

Thanks, tiredfornow.

I would think that if you were interested in a girl, and she had seven evil exes, wouldn't you think that maybe the girl was the real problem. Not the exes.

[quote name='tiredfornow']not sure how I feel about my mom wanting to be facebook pals with me. *sideways face*[/QUOTE]

I now hate facebook for that very reason.

Amazon is doing some shady shit by putting expiration dates on the $20 game credits you get for pre-ordering and not mentioning it til it's too late.

[quote name='Eviltude']I sort of want to pick it up. I haven't bought Madden in like 2 or 3 years and this one seems pretty sweet. The running system is fun and playing defense is always cool. I just hate spending $60 on an annual franchise.[/QUOTE]If you like using the running game you have to get this one. But seeing as you've gone years without it you could probably get by with getting Madden 10. Although once you've had a taste of that new running game it's hard to go back.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I really hope I get a job soon. Turned in two applications this morning and I hope and pray I am called back because this is bullshit. /flowery[/QUOTE]

I hate what I have become.

[quote name='DT778']Amazon is doing some shady shit by putting expiration dates on the $20 game credits you get for pre-ordering and not mentioning it til it's too late.

If you like using the running game you have to get this one. But seeing as you've gone years without it you could probably get by with getting Madden 10. Although once you've had a taste of that new running game it's hard to go back.[/QUOTE]

I meant the run game in the new one. I've been playing the demo. I picked off a pass the first game I played and juked out half the team on the return. I actually said, "OHhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiit!" even though I was sitting by myself.

Hi folks.

The Newnan manager who called and left that message on my machine was dismissed. I was at the Kennesaw Midnight for Madden last night (fun stuff, DJ, Barbeque, Red Bull car thing and Red Bull girls, it was supposed to be a big Tailgate party I guess), and was talking to Cyrics DM.
DM "your friend was dealt with."
Me: "huh? Oh the guy who called. Is he gone from the store?" (I mainly want to know because I don't want to go back there if he is still there.
DM: "Oh yes. He's gone. Fired, and there's more going on with that whole thing..."

I don't know what the company is doing to the guy other than having fired him. I prefer not to know, so I didn't ask. Especially as I wasn't the one who complained in the first place.

Free XBLA games anyone?

[quote name='Joystiq']in a stroke of exceptionally bad luck for SNK, a glitch has been discovered that unlocks free access to the full versions of five of the publisher's XBLA games for users who already have the demos on their hard drives. To make it worse, the glitch occurs within Modern Warfare 2 (a game that bajillons of Xbox 360 owners already have) -- or its recent demo (which is freely available).

Somehow, running Modern Warfare 2 coincidentally fools the system into thinking it's authorized to temporarily unlock full versions of Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX, and Samurai Shodown II. Joystiq tested the exploit with Garou and KOF '98, and can verify that it works. For now, at least.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back