The OTT was prematurely closed....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, my gamefly account got canceled because I forgot to pay it.

I could technically keep that Mirror's Edge if I wanted to, they have no way of charging me since my VCC's are cancelled.

[quote name='TemporaryScars']I'm not sure. These things differ from set to set. You would just have to test it out.[/quote]
Well if I plug in headphones and turn on my 360 that should prove it one way or another.

Wouldn't you rather wait and spend money on a proper system?
No, I have no interest in spending $150 on a home theatre system.

Hmm.
I think I'm having sound issues with my 360. Everything is normal, it's just now certain games seem low.. but only CERTAIN things in SOME games seem to be low..it's weird.

Some of the shit in SSFIITHDR sounds.. low. Sometimes they don't always scream their move. Sometimes they do.
Right now, BF is playing Bomberman Live and it seems like we had to turn the volume up higher than normal. But then again, we haven't played this is months...so it may have always been like that.

[quote name='Rocko']Well if I plug in headphones and turn on my 360 that should prove it one way or another.

No, I have no interest in spending $150 on a home theatre system.[/quote]

$150?! I said proper. ;)

I got that friendly fire cheese.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Don't overthink it, Rocko. Just connect the red and white audio outputs from your TV to the sound box.[/quote]Yeah I don't know why temp is giving you such shitty advice Rocko. Just run red and white audio cable from your TV's audio out to that receiver.

[quote name='DT778']Yeah I don't know why temp is giving you such shitty advice Rocko. Just run red and white audio cable from your TV's audio out to that receiver.[/quote]

What shitty advice? That's exactly what I told him to do. I just warned that not all TVs produce audio out through HDMI.

Don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

But if some TV sets don't output HDMI audio I'd probably be safer going with the 3.5mm, no?

I'm just worried that it won't be loud enough since they seem to be meant for computers.

But I could definitely get them to connect in one way or another.

Why the fuck can't I cancel an order that's "shipping soon?" It's mahfahckin midnight, that bitch isn't being prepared to be shipped out.

Yeah, either way you'll be able to hook them up. If you're worried about how loud it'll be, just check reviews.

My first surround sound set was similar to that and they're worked great. Everything plugged into the sub and it had really limited inputs, but for what I needed it for, it worked great.

[quote name='Mojimbo']"I know what I'm talking about, I sold televisions, vacuum cleaners, speakers and refrigerators at Sears." - ???[/quote]

I can tell you've never been in a Sears. They don't sell vacuum cleaners or refrigerators in the electronics section.

Plus, I've had five HDTVs now. But go ahead, doubt me. I don't give a shit.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's a $1000 television, it'll output stereo from HDMI sources.[/quote]

My Samsung was $1000 and it doesn't do it.

Oddly enough, my 32" Westinghouse did...:whistle2:k

I wouldn't want it to anyway. I only use direct connections. The video for my 360 goes straight to my tv and the audio goes straight to my receiver.

[quote name='Liquid 2']StarKnightX, stay. Brown and Puma, go to the GGT.[/quote]

Wasn't expecting that reaction from you.

Don't know why I'm still up. Have to be at work in 6 hours.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']So, what's everyone up to these days?[/quote]

Being ignored by you on XBL.

That Kingdom for Keflings game is fun. Too bad I can't buy it in physical form.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Being ignored by you on XBL.
[/quote]

I haven't been on XBL for a while now. If it said I was online, It was probably one of my friends.

I would never ignore you.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Wasn't expecting that reaction from you.[/QUOTE]It's a mutually beneficial trade off.

And you're the guy who helped me out with Goozex questions a lot, yeah? You're alright.

There seem to be a lot of good reviews on those speakers, but the 2-3 iffy reviews make me nervous. Though that's kind of silly, but still.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey Liquid, it's cool that you bought P3 and supported Atlus... but couldn't you have just, er, um, you know...?[/QUOTE]I'm a sucker for goodies like the art book and soundtrack.
Not to mention that it was a ridiculous deal. The only thing that keeps me away from LEs of games that I like is the crazy high cost.

It better be amazing though. I haven't blind bought a game in years.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']How do you fit Wubb's wheelchair in your pocket?[/QUOTE]

:cool:

Oh, wait, nevermind.

I think I might buy those tomorrow morning. Reviews are predominantly positive and state that it could fill a medium to large sized room.

I figure the speakers/subwoofer I have on my computer are pretty loud and can fill a fairly large family room, so these should be adequate for my room. For the price it's perfect because I don't have the money or intention to pay a lot of money for two big ass speakers or a surround system.

If you don't like P3, Liquid, I will personally throw you out of the OTT. And I only do that for friends. :cool:

Seriously, if you like JRPGs, you'll like P3. Would you like "semi-life" sims? Because P3 heavily focuses on social bonds with people as well as bettering your protagonist's intelligence, charisma, etc. Also, P3's only has one dungeon, so if you can't stand a similar dungeon for the entire game you might not like the combat aspect. The battles aren't button mashing, though, so I definitely was able to look past the similar dungeon backgrounds and enjoy the fights enough to ignite them for my own pleasure.

[quote name='Moxio']If you don't like P3, Liquid, I will personally throw you out of the OTT. And I only do that for friends. :cool:

Seriously, if you like JRPGs, you'll like P3. Would you like "semi-life" sims? Because P3 heavily focuses on social bonds with people as well as bettering your protagonist's intelligence, charisma, etc. Also, P3's only has one dungeon, so if you can't stand a similar dungeon for the entire game you might not like the combat aspect. The battles aren't button mashing, though, so I definitely was able to look past the similar dungeon backgrounds and enjoy the fights enough to ignite them for my own pleasure.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda iffy about the sim part, but I won't write it off immediately.
Is it straight up classical, turn-based RPG combat? I've been itching for some of that lately.

I hope it's challenging (in both puzzles and combat) too. Easy RPGs are super lame.

Ohohoho. Some of the bosses in P3 are pretty hard. Monster battles can go bad too if you get caught off-guard; expect to die a few times in P3.

It's somewhat classical RPG combat: your character (protagonist) can Attack, cast Magic (the magic of the Persona, that is), Defend, etc. Your spells and element weaknesses/strengths depend on your Persona. Personas are found and fused, and there's tons with various spells and elements. The best Personas obviously come with time and crafting.

The sim part is really enjoyable. If you are picturing something like the Sims, in which manipulating one's life is a chore, P3 is nothing like it: having a social life, and deciding when to study and when to fight is actually a lot of fun and adds a lot of depth and enjoyment to the game.

EDIT: If you want a truly hard RPG, P3 FES is your game, according to Zew.

MGS4 on extreme is rough. Getting shot once = - 1/4 Health. 17 alerts on the first act alone :shock:. (Although that may actually be less than my first run through on Normal :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back