The Perfect Push-Up

Save the money and do regular push ups.

These products are all sold on the assumption that they can do some specific exercise WAY BETTER than a more conventional, old school method. But people were able to get ripped back then doing the old stuff, and there's no reason why we can't do the same now and get the same results.

I.e., they are just feeding you some lies and hoping you're too mesmerized by a washboard model drenched in sweat to notice the bullshit.

I mean, yeah - you use the product a lot, you'll get some positive benefits. But I'd rather save the cash since I always doubt the legitimacy of "how much better" things like this work. I'm no expert, so take my disillusioned words with salt if you'd like.

I knew MNL was lying. He's really named Dan. And going bald. And old. And kind of fat. And an afficionado of push-up emulating exercise equipment, which he makes videos of himself overanalyzing their diameters.

He didn't lie about tiny green dildos (seen in the background), though. But those should have been expected.

I'll bet it's comfortable. I myself do push-ups on my fists because of an elbow problem and when I first saw the commercials for this item I was intrigued. However, I couldn't justify the price when putting something soft under my fists and doing push-ups that way works fine.

i just got some about a week ago. i was always interested in them, but never wanted to spend the money to get them, then a buddy of mine gave em to me for my birthday. i really like em. i have an issue with my left wrist, i fractured my left arm and it healed wrong, so i have a lot of wrist pain when it comes to certain things. i prefer them over regular pushups just because its more comfortable, and because its more comfortable, i end up doing more pushups than i would normaly do. i cant say whether you would get better results, but im seeing results cuz im actually doing them more often and doing more of them now.

oh ya by the way i think i saw them at wal-mart for 20 bucks. i dont think they are worth more than that tho

I've made better home gym investments and I've certainly made much worse. If you want to get a rough idea of what it will feel like you can use a piece of corrugate or wax paper on a hardwood floor and do push ups while rotating your arms. I personally love them for one-handed push ups but could take them or leave them for all other motions. One of the major flaws is that they really only allow one hand position and I really prefer fingers/knuckles/t-bar to a regular closed grip and they also don't allow for ballistic motions. When there are so many different push up movements available for no additional cost it is kind of hard to justify the $45 price tag for one or two movements. Though they are, as I said before, the rat's ass when it comes to one-handers.

My advice for purchasing home equipment, if you even care, is in the following order: Good shoes, pull up bar, ab wheel (standing-prone-standing is my favorite ab exercise; fuck the haters), jump rope, weight vest, and finally dumbbells. Bands and sticks are optional and really just break up workouts but I think they're awesome. If you skip the weight vest or just do all resistance movements with it instead of the bells you're looking at about $225 in equipment for a full body routine. That's six months at the gym. Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
MSI Magus swears by this method.

msimagusmethodbe5.gif

save your money and do cock pushups.

seriously though just do normal pushups, if doing sets of 30-35 are too easy. put ure feet on a chair so they are inclined. its cheaper and way better then some stupid gizmo.

Just a silly gimmick. Just do regular push ups. Or better yet get a gym membership and go bench and do a full weight training program if your heath/physical condition permits it.

If you have the disposable income to purchase something like this, you would be much, much better off investing in a Gym membership. One month in a proper gym will be far more beneficial than 6-months with this gizmo. I'm Speaking as a guy who bought half-a-dozen similar gimmicky home gym products before I just got off my ass and went into 24-hour fitness. Best decision I ever made.

I always wondered about this product. Its my understanding that the Walmart version of the product is different than the one they sell on Amazon.com.

Apparently the Amazon version is sturdy but more expensive.

bread's done
Back