The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

Waiting for deals on Atlus games is generally a bad idea. Before you know it, you can't find it anywhere and the cheapest price is a hundred bucks for a used copy.

Plus, $30 isn't that bad for a game that I'm about to surpass 200 hours on. Thank god I'm in the home stretch (January).

[quote name='Vegan']Waiting for deals on Atlus games is generally a bad idea. Before you know it, you can't find it anywhere and the cheapest price is a hundred bucks for a used copy.

Plus, $30 isn't that bad for a game that I'm about to surpass 200 hours on. Thank god I'm in the home stretch (January).[/QUOTE]

You should grab this since It's $30 MRSP and most Atlus titles go near $50 or close to original retail as possible.

However the first two Persona's for the PS1 now fetch ungodly amounts. I believe $100ish for P1 and $80 for P2.

Just buy it for $30 you cheapass. I've spent more then 120 hours on this game already. Sure, price is important but you also have to consider the value and quality of what you're getting.

I finally started this last week and as my first game of this style I'm absolutely loving it.

However I seem to have made a few early mistakes, and I'm wondering how much it's going to hurt me. I'm into June and have missed a couple of opportunities to build social links, and I've missed the deadline on a few of Elizabeth's requests.

How much is this going to hurt me in the end? I don't see myself reading a guide step by step to complete the game, and I'm not concerned about being 100% complete with all personas, but I would like to be able to beat the game.

i just started this a couple of weeks ago and i now realize i've missed a few opportunities in building social links, and i missed the dates on a few of elizabeth's requests.

how much will this hurt me in the end? can i still beat the game?

i don't care about getting 100% complete with all personas, but i would like to complete the main story line.

i see guides out there that walk you through 100% complete on social links, but i don't see myself following these as i'd rather just play the game and make my own decisions, but how much will this hurt me?

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the manual? I can't seem to find one on google. Thanks!

EDIT - I would have gotten it from Gamefly, but I had to cancel my account a few months ago. Feel free to throw up a link or send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Thanks again!

[quote name='Vegan']Is there a store of any kind The Answer? I mean, why am I collecting all this yen?[/quote]

Eventually you'll get access to the mall.

Finally!....FINALLY!!...after 92 hours and level 93...I finally finished it tonight!

I had to force myself at the end (just wasn't in the mood and this was even after a long break from playing it) but it was a great game overall. No way in hell I'm going back through it anytime soon to get the other S-links though! And the ending was ridiculously easy too, I might add. But I may have grinded too much.

[quote name='pete5883']What level were you?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='keithp']Finally!....FINALLY!!...after 92 hours and level 93...[/QUOTE]

Ummm

[quote name='pete5883']Wow.

I don't think 92 is all that much grinding though. I was near there and still had a tough time with the end.[/QUOTE]

What part did you find difficult? I just used Odin and spammed Thunder Reign which took about half off Nyx each time. There were only a couple of forms that that wouldn't work, but overall it was really easy--apart from the cheap Mudo he laid on me once...grrr!...

[quote name='keithp']What part did you find difficult? I just used Odin and spammed Thunder Reign which took about half off Nyx each time. There were only a couple of forms that that wouldn't work, but overall it was really easy--apart from the cheap Mudo he laid on me once...grrr!...[/QUOTE]

Well it was a while ago, but I remember being near-death a few times,

[quote name='Vegan']Damn, you got to level 93 in under 100 hours? Took me almost 200 to get to 99.[/QUOTE]
You wasted a lot of time by grinding every night. The next part of Tartarus will always give you a lot better experience than your current section, so you're always better off hurrying to the end of the month.

[quote name='pete5883']
You wasted a lot of time by grinding every night. The next part of Tartarus will always give you a lot better experience than your current section, so you're always better off hurrying to the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

But you need a certain amount of experience as you go to create better personas to allow you to
defeat the big shadow at the end of each month
right?

[quote name='Backlash']But you need a certain amount of experience as you go to create better personas to allow you to
right?[/quote]

Exactly. Some of the bosses were a cinch because I leveled every other night. But some were tough anyway. Maybe I just suck. I always hear how this is "the easy one" in the series, but I broke a controller over this game (something I haven't done since I was a wee lad).

[quote name='Backlash']But you need a certain amount of experience as you go to create better personas to allow you to
right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I always thought that each end of Tartarus boss was always harder than the corresponding end of month boss.

P3 is the kinda game i get into every now and then, im at about lv 30 right now, and im going to fight my 4th shadow, or 5th. I seriously couldnt put it down when i first got it, i loved it that much.

Man, its like when i stop playing, i forget where im at...

I just wanted to write a quick note to say that fighting Natural Dancer (Tartatus boss at floor 110) is the most frustrating BS I've put up with in a game for quite some time.

It took me about 6 tries I think, because the damn boss just kept using sexy dance over and over until at least 3, if not all 4, of my party was charmed, and then we'd kill each other AND heal the boss. The only reason I ever beat it is because it didn't use sexy dance nearly as much in my last fight for some reason.

Yea, what really helps is knowing weaknesses of the enemy, or to get them to knock off balance. Ive got like 2 or 3 personas i use to fight the enemy depending on what their weakness is...

Of course. Unfortunately, I don't think Natural Dancer has any weaknesses.

Also, I don't think Magic Mirror reflects sexy dance, although to be honest I didn't try it. I tend to be extremely stingy with powerful/rare items in RPGs and save them "for really hard enemies later" which means I usually just have most/all of them left at the end. :whistle2:\

[quote name='Backlash'] I tend to be extremely stingy with powerful/rare items in RPGs and save them "for really hard enemies later" which means I usually just have most/all of them left at the end. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Ah, I'm the exact same. It's a habit I really should break, those magic mirrors could have helped big time early on.

I know this thread is old, but I have a confusing question:

In P3 and FES (I have both), are there bonuses on the second play through? If I finish FES, I cannot load my Persona data into P3 Regular can I? Should I beat P3 Regular and then load my data onto FES for a second (and third?) round? Should I just play FES and forget about my copy of P3?

General consensus seems to be to just play FES and forget about your old copy. I know you can bring your compendium over from P3 or at least I'm pretty sure. When you put FES in for the first time, it will tell you everything that has changed and what you can bring over from your P3 save file, but like I said, most people say to just stay away from P3 and play FES.

so im like 5 years to late. i started this game on the PS2 played for 2 hours. then i bought it on PSP and played for 5 hours. after talking to some people they convinced me that i should return to FES because the PSP game lacks proper cut scenes that id really miss out on most of the story. soooooo i said find let me reboot my ps2 FES and continue. wrong. i couldnt find the game in my messy collection and the save file was gone. so i went to satan stop and bought it for $30 and now i will start FES from scratch. anyone else playing this besides me?

[quote name='sublime90']so im like 5 years to late. i started this game on the PS2 played for 2 hours. then i bought it on PSP and played for 5 hours. after talking to some people they convinced me that i should return to FES because the PSP game lacks proper cut scenes that id really miss out on most of the story. soooooo i said find let me reboot my ps2 FES and continue. wrong. i couldnt find the game in my messy collection and the save file was gone. so i went to satan stop and bought it for $30 and now i will start FES from scratch. anyone else playing this besides me?[/QUOTE]

I've already played and beat 3. This was my first Persona game and its one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Where are you at in the game right now? Im actually going to start playing 4 again. I played maybe 20 hours back when it first came out and didn't go back to it. Its a great game I just got busy, played other games etc. etc. Going to start from scratch and play this weekend.

So I traded for Persona 3 FES & Persona 4 now I'm looking for the Digital Devil Saga series. If anybody has or knows where to get a copy PM me. I have some games to trade and paypal$

bread's done
Back