The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

Would it be wise of me to go ahead and preorder this? I really want to play it, but I've got a backlog to worry about and probably won't get to it for a few months.. I'm not sure if it'd be available for me to buy when it's time for me to play it. I'm sure this has been asked before but there's a bunch of pages in the thread.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Thanks guys, I think I'l pick this guide up. In the Nocturne guide they had a brief history of some of the fiend demons & an interview, I like that extra stuff. It helps to understand the game more. So they have stuff like that in this one too?[/QUOTE]

No, just that school explaination and a one page (so-so) interview with Atlus.

Looks like the game may be getting delayed again! Someone got an email from Gamestop.com that says:
Greetings from GameStop.com.

The manufacturer has delayed release of this item until 8/18/07. As this
is a Saturday, we would not begin shipments of the item to stores or
customers until 8/20/07. If you would still like to cancel this order,
please reply.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
[Deleted]
Customer Service Agent
Then if you go to the site and check out Persona 3 it says:
Due to manufacturer delays the release date for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition has been pushed out to an estimated release date of August 18th.
I'm really hoping this isn't true. There hasn't been an official word from Atlus yet. If the game isn't out on the 15th, I'm just going to move all the credit I have on it to Bioshock.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Looks like the game may be getting delayed again! Someone got an email from Gamestop.com that says:

I'm really hoping this isn't true. There hasn't been an official word from Atlus yet. If the game isn't out on the 15th, I'm just going to move all the credit I have on it to Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

Jesus.. I didn't get mad at the first delay, but this is getting a little ridiculous. All for an art book?

If this game doesn't release by the 21st I am not getting it at all.

SHAQ. FU.

but at least I have time to play Metroid and Bioshock.

Why is it the games I want always get delayed? :roll:

Hey Markman, how bout you mail me your copy. I got some nice Pokemon cards that could intrest you.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Looks like the game may be getting delayed again! Someone got an email from Gamestop.com that says:

I'm really hoping this isn't true. There hasn't been an official word from Atlus yet. If the game isn't out on the 15th, I'm just going to move all the credit I have on it to Bioshock.[/QUOTE]
That message has been up there since it was delayed to the 14th. Probably a typo.

Just picked up the guide. They were very hard to find around here. I finally found it at some remote GS. The guy was so helpful. It went something like this:

Me: "Do you have the guides for Persona 3?"
Clerk: "What game?"
Me:"Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3...."
Clerk: "Naw never heard of it, I haven't seen that guide"
- I look around for a minute while he dismisses me very quickly
Me:"It's right here"
Clerk: "Ohh, yeah, I guess we do have them"
Clerk: "By the way, do you have Madden on preorder, it's coming out in a week."
............. tune in next week for the next episode..........

They cram preorders down your throat, but when you actually want help they seem to have better things to do. Possibly getting those preorders for Madden alphabetized.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Clerk: "By the way, do you have Madden on preorder, it's coming out in a week."
............. tune in next week for the next episode..........[/quote]
Because we all know Madden and Persona share a fanbase!

[quote name='Raider']Is this game real time (like Kingdom Hearts, Enteral Sontia) or is it turn menu based like Final Fantasy?[/quote]

It's turn based. He's a quick video:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5sF6cDa8Y[/MEDIA]

This merits a post on this thread too, for those of you that may pass it by on the video game deals forum.

familyvideo.com has Persona 3 for 41.99 currently. Shipping is 0.99 (or $5.49 for priority). coupon code "newpgmem" will net you $5 off.

Just picked up my copy for 37.98 shipped. I've waited months for this game - a few extra days isn't going to kill me.

[quote name='thelonepig']This merits a post on this thread too, for those of you that may pass it by on the video game deals forum.

familyvideo.com has Persona 3 for 41.99 currently. Shipping is 0.99 (or $5.49 for priority). coupon code "newpgmem" will net you $5 off.

Just picked up my copy for 37.98 shipped. I've waited months for this game - a few extra days isn't going to kill me.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I said July 24th whenever I came to terms with it being delayed to this coming week--- now I've got it next day to me so I can get as much time with it before Bioshock drops.

Good deal on the game though, I really hope it sells well--- FES would be a nice Christmas present..:)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Because we all know Madden and Persona share a fanbase![/QUOTE]

Hey...I'm getting both this week.
Core gamer FTW!

[quote name='thelonepig']This merits a post on this thread too, for those of you that may pass it by on the video game deals forum.

Just picked up my copy for 37.98 shipped. I've waited months for this game - a few extra days isn't going to kill me.[/QUOTE]

I thought about going this route, but I had a bad experience when I bought Digital Devil Saga 1 from Overstock.com. They used a really crappy unpadded envelope to ship it to me, and the box was pretty badly bent during the shipping. :(

What sort of made up for that was that they sent me an extra copy by accident, which I gave to a friend (should've kept it and eBayed it!... I kid, I kid).

I'll pay a little extra (using GC credit) to just get this one in-store. I'll pick up the DJ guide too, just for a possible nice eBay payoff down the line since Nocturne guides net over $50 these days. :x

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just picked up the guide. They were very hard to find around here. I finally found it at some remote GS. The guy was so helpful. It went something like this:

Me: "Do you have the guides for Persona 3?"
Clerk: "What game?"
Me:"Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3...."
Clerk: "Naw never heard of it, I haven't seen that guide"
- I look around for a minute while he dismisses me very quickly
Me:"It's right here"
Clerk: "Ohh, yeah, I guess we do have them"
Clerk: "By the way, do you have Madden on preorder, it's coming out in a week."
............. tune in next week for the next episode..........

They cram preorders down your throat, but when you actually want help they seem to have better things to do. Possibly getting those preorders for Madden alphabetized.[/QUOTE]

My experience last week reserving it was almost the same. Except it took the clerk and a manager to find "Persona 3" in the computer as they didnt take my advice and look under "Shin Megami"...doh! After that I was asked twice for a Madden, Halo, or GTA4 pre-order.

Right now, I'm playing Persona Revelation to stall time until Persona 3 is released and so far it's a bit disappointing when you compare to other Shin Megami series. There are lots of flaws in this game. Story doesn’t make sense unless you know basic concepts psychology such as the many of mask of people’s Persona, Sigmund Feud’s theory of Id, Ego and Super Ego or Carl Jung’s conscious or collective unconscious. Or you can be really lazy and go to Wikipedia or Google it. Not to mention a really weak tutorial, awful graphics, and sound. The only bight side to this game is its unique battle system, monster fusion and unusual way of capturing monsters by persuading them.

I'm almost finishing with this game. I need to level grind a bit to get higher fusion, the monster right now are kicking my ass since I’m using the default persona for each character.

^ You've almost finished it and your still using the default Persona?! :shock:

Who was the extra character you got? I think it comes down to Brad, Elena, Alana, & Chris (not sure if I got those names right.) The Japanese got a much better version of this game. Their was an entire quest that was kicked from the US release called the "Snow Queen Quest." However you can still unlock it with a Gameshark but the text is all screwy.

Atlus really "Americanized" this game with names, dialogue and characters? I guess they thought the game was way to Japanese. Here's and example:

America_____________Japan
persona-mark2.jpg
persona-mark1.jpg

[quote name='fatbeer']Right now, I'm playing Persona Revelation to stall time until Persona 3 is released and so far it's a bit disappointing when you compare to other Shin Megami series. There are lots of flaws in this game. Story doesn’t make sense unless you know basic concepts psychology such as the many of mask of people’s Persona, Sigmund Feud’s theory of Id, Ego and Super Ego or Carl Jung’s conscious or collective unconscious. Or you can be really lazy and go to Wikipedia or Google it. Not to mention a really weak tutorial, awful graphics, and sound. The only bight side to this game is its unique battle system, monster fusion and unusual way of capturing monsters by persuading them.

I'm almost finishing with this game. I need to level grind a bit to get higher fusion, the monster right now are kicking my ass since I’m using the default persona for each character.[/quote]

You have to remember though, that game came out a looong time ago. I loved how they summoned their Persona in 1, PERSONA!!!!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I have a 9 hour shift tomorrow. The fact that this game is coming out the next day is the only thing that'll get me through it...[/quote]

You should've taken the day off (like me:D)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']^ You've almost finished it and your still using the default Persona?! :shock:

Who was the extra character you got? I think it comes down to Brad, Elena, Alana, & Chris (not sure if I got those names right.) The Japanese got a much better version of this game. Their was an entire quest that was kicked from the US release called the "Snow Queen Quest." However you can still unlock it with a Gameshark but the text is all screwy.

Atlus really "Americanized" this game with names, dialogue and characters? I guess they thought the game was way to Japanese. Here's and example:

America_____________Japan
persona-mark2.jpg
persona-mark1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

After beating Shin Megami Jewel Summoner with my default monsters, I was pretty confident this same strategy will work in this game. In most rpgs (pokemon) the default monster is really strong and by sticking with them till the very end will net large sum of experience in long run. Boy, I was dead wrong! The majority of default persona are pretty weak. I didn't realize your persona don't level with experience. They only gain new skills (not stats) if you frequently reuse your persona spells. That strategy really back fire on me.

I got Brad as my extra character. I was trying to gun for Chris, but his requirements to get him are pretty high. I stuck with easy route and got Brad instead.

The Japanese got a better version with Snowqueen quest, one extra character and don't have to undergo the localization for this game. The positive aspect is they made American version much easier; less difficult enemies and more experience after battle encounters.

[quote name='fatbeer']After beating Shin Megami Jewel Summoner with my default monsters, I was pretty confident this same strategy will work in this game. In most rpgs (pokemon) the default monster is really strong and by sticking with them till the very end will net large sum of experience in long run. Boy, I was dead wrong! The majority of default persona are pretty weak. I didn't realize your persona don't level with experience. They only gain new skills (not stats) if you frequently reuse your persona spells. That strategy really back fire on me.

I got Brad as my extra character. I was trying to gun for Chris, but his requirements to get him are pretty high. I stuck with easy route and got Brad instead.

The Japanese got a better version with Snowqueen quest, one extra character and don't have to undergo the localization for this game. The positive aspect is they made American version much easier; less difficult enemies and more experience after battle encounters.[/QUOTE]

I would've suggested to update everyone's Persona every 10 levels. In Persona 2 I did it every 5 levels, cause that game is really hard. Near the end everyone has a specific Persona only they can use. The "Hero's" I remember being Ashura the demon on the front cover. But Chris gets the absoulte best, Lucifer. To bad he has to be lvl 99 to use him.

Chris is troublesome to get cause you're not able to recruit him till you're a good 1/3 in the game so you have to deal with having only 4 characters till you get him. Plus if you don't meet the requirements and mess something up he wont join you and you're stuck without having that extra person for the rest of the game.

And Yuki is the extra character we never got to use, except for the first hour of the game. I read she get to use a shot gun.

Just got the following press release:
Friends in the gaming press,

Atlus USA is proud to announce that Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, the long anticipated new entry in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series, is now shipping to retailers across North America!

After nearly eight years of anticipation, the wait is over! Moreover, every copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 is a deluxe edition package, featuring a 52-page full color art book and soundtrack CD!
Yay!

Bout goddamn motherfuckin' time.

Actually, now I'm going to wait till I move back to school to start this. I would've liked to play it right away, but noo.

fucking artbook. I'm going to throw it away.

[quote name='Chacrana']Bout goddamn motherfuckin' time.

Actually, now I'm going to wait till I move back to school to start this. I would've liked to play it right away, but noo.

fucking artbook. I'm going to throw it away.[/QUOTE]
Like I said earlier, this artbook better unfuckingbelievable. It better be worth a three week wait.

i called gamecrazy and they said they didnt have it today. they said tomorrow i thought today was the release date? pushed back another week?

edit: motherfuckers! saw this at BB

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Deluxe Edition: PlayStation 2
wS('1','5')
spacer.gif

Release Date: 8/21/2007

[quote name='phear3d']i called gamecrazy and they said they didnt have it today. they said tomorrow i thought today was the release date? pushed back another week?[/quote]

looks like it's been pushed back to this weekend actually.

Gamestop has it til the 19th on their site.

Due to manufacturer delays the release date for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition has been pushed out to an estimated release date of August 18th.

- I won't be surprised if they pushed it back even more. =/ (must be one HECK of an artbook)

[quote name='guynextshore']looks like it's been pushed back to this weekend actually.

Gamestop has it til the 19th on their site.

- I won't be surprised if they pushed it back even more. =/ (must be one HECK of an artbook)[/quote]
On the EBGames website you can add it to your cart, it doesn't say "Pre-Order" anymore. This game is definitely comming out tommorow.

Dear Atlus,

Next week I have Bioshock to play and school will be starting. If you do not hurry the fuck up and get Persona 3 out the door, I will have no time to play it and thus, will not bother to buy it. Bear down and push it out.

Love,
Halo05

Relax.

The game was shipped today per Atlus. It'll be in most stores tomorrow. We've already discussed most of these "delays" earlier in the thread.

LOL, whoa. i was guna go on this thing to ask about this game but when i got here , :spam: persona 3's own thread! :p

anyways, i never played the first two, and was wondering if this game is worth buying? hows its replay value and everything?

Stopped by (one of) my local EB(s) at 4:00PM. They didn't have any in-stock and expected to have them in tomorrow. Disappointingly they didn't harass me about Madden, because I had a whole nerdrage speech to launch into about how Madden is a scourge and EA is the Dick Cheney of the games industry.

As I was driving away from the store, I saw a UPS guy walking in with a box. Unfortunately I felt I'd be too much of a jackass if I wheeled around, rushed back in, and demanded to know what was in the box... so I went home.

bread's done
Back