The Powerpuff Girls: The Complete Series - 10th Anniversary Collection - $29.99

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

51gb%2BPmaWPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

From the Back Cover
In the city of Townsville, the frustrated Professor Utonium is gathering all the ingredients to make a perfect little girl (sugar, spice, and everything nice). But when his lab assistant, a monkey named Jojo, causes the accidental addition of Chemical X to the mix, the Professor ends up with not one but 3 perfect, powerful little girls. It soon becomes obvious that Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are not normal girls, they have superpowers and have not yet learned to control. The girls are treated like outcasts because they have inadvertently wrecked Townsville in a superpowered game of tag. To win the hearts of the people of Townsville, the girls are tricked into making a deal with Jojo who plans to take over Townsville. As the girls foil this threat and defeat an army of superpowered monkeys, the Powerpuff Girls learn that with great power comes great responsibility. Set includes all 78 episodes plus the holiday special and fans' favorite extras on six discs, plus a custom panoramic poster designed by series creator Craig McCracken.

$42.89 @ DeepDiscount.com
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=52762989

$49.99 @ Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Powerpuff-Gir..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1232560100&sr=8-1

I didn't even know this was coming out...I own season 1 and I was expecting to buy other seasons as well but now I'm going to have to sell my season one and just get the entire series in one go.

Last edited by a moderator:
freaking awesome. i love this show and am glad i didnt buy it last year. also they have anime version coming out maybe soon, youtube makes it look pretty sweet but not the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy this just for the episode they made where they throw out a thousand beatle's references. It really was a creative episode. I didn't like the series overall though.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Thanks for the heads-up OP!

My daughter wants this for her birthday... Are you guys buying this for yourselves? LOL[/quote]

I will eventually. I am an animation enthusiast and I love collecting animation of any kind on DVD.

This show is really entertaining, not for much more than 30 bucks though. Also loved the movie which I picked up for about 4 bucks not too long ago.

The Powerpuff Girls, not too interested in. If they put together a complete series of Johnny Bravo or Dexter like someone else mentioned, that's where I'm dropping my cash.

Awesome, but when the hell is Cartoon Network going to start getting Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo on DVD?

I seriously hate the way they pick-and-choose which cartoons get DVD releases, and which don't.

10 year Anniversary?! Wow. That was so fast.

I will bite on this after the price drops but man...i still need an Are You Afraid of the Dark Box Set, Secret World of Alex Mack Box Set and Salute Your Shorts Box Set, but that is a whole different story/anger issue.

I would also pick up a Dexter set like the rest of you :p

Yes! Going to get this eventually. Here's hoping that they release Dexter's Lab while they're at it.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm waiting for a Rocko's Modern Life set, but that's Nickelodeon.[/QUOTE]

It's a fucking crime that Spongebob Squarepants and a bunch of that atrocious "All Grown Up" and "Jimmy Neutron" garbage is on DVD, but none of their vintage cartoons (aside from Ren & Stimpy).

I'd prefer a Megas XLR set personally if you can't already tell from my avatar

apparently sales have been good so far, so hopefully there will be more in the future

LOL. i remember watching this show with my neice. every saturday morning and every afternoon on weekdays.. lol.

[quote name='Sk']I'd buy this just for the episode they made where they throw out a thousand beatle's references. It really was a creative episode. I didn't like the series overall though.[/quote]

That episode is available on "The Powerpuff Girls: Meet the Beat-Alls". Amazon has it for $10, but I've seen it in the $5/6 range.

I agree with everyone else on the Dexter and Johnny Bravo sets. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Taboner']Bootlegs?[/QUOTE]

No. It's exactly what he said.

In 2008 Nickelodeon partnered with Amazon.com to allow new and old programming to be made available on DVD through CreateSpace. As part of the deal Amazon.com is responsible for producing the discs (on one time burnable media) on-demand as well as cover and disc art.

[quote name='Camwi']The complete series? Wow. Can't wait for Dexter's Lab.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't want the "complete" series of Dexter's Lab.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but after Tartakovsky ended the series with the Ego Trip movie and the Last But Not Beast episode, Cartoon Network decided to make an additional two seasons without any involvement from the original creators, as well as completely new art, backgrounds, character designs, and voices. It was fucking atrocious.

So, in that respect, I'd like them to leave that part out...

[quote name='Rocko']I'm waiting for a Rocko's Modern Life set, but that's Nickelodeon.[/quote]

I'll second that. A Rocko DVD boxset is long overdue.

I would be all over this were it not for the god awful double-sided DVDs. I'd like Dexter along with everyone else but I never really like Johnny Bravo.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I actually don't want the "complete" series of Dexter's Lab.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but after Tartakovsky ended the series with the Ego Trip movie and the Last But Not Beast episode, Cartoon Network decided to make an additional two seasons without any involvement from the original creators, as well as completely new art, backgrounds, character designs, and voices. It was fucking atrocious.

So, in that respect, I'd like them to leave that part out...[/QUOTE]
I don't remember that at all. I'll have to look for some of the later episodes on Youtube sometime.

Edit: Looks like Australia has the first and second season of Dexter's Lab on DVD. They also have the first season of Courage the Cowardly Dog, which I'd love to have on DVD as well.

Love the PPG. My wife actually got me a PPG birthday cake a few years back.
43 is not a bad price for all the content but I certainly wouldn't mind it going lower.
The movie was actually great, too bad it was only released in P&S on DVD.
I like Rocko and Dexter and Johnny Bravo, but I think the only one I'd buy is Rocko.
Still haven't picked up Duckman, that's another one I've been waiting for.

I heard that there was a 10yr Anniversary marathon of PPG on CN earlier this week-- Monday, I believe. That night at 8 or 8:30, they aired a NEW episode that was apparently a wrap-up for the series. I have not seen it yet, and don't have it recorded, but I hope to track it down somehow.

Too bad it's not on this set.

Also, I didn't know about the crappy latter-day Dexter seasons mentioned above. Ego Trip was awesome, though.

[quote name='Rocko']I don't remember that at all. I'll have to look for some of the later episodes on Youtube sometime.[/quote]
Beware. Just...beware.

Edit: Looks like Australia has the first and second season of Dexter's Lab on DVD. They also have the first season of Courage the Cowardly Dog, which I'd love to have on DVD as well.
WTF. Are Australians such huge loyal Cartoon Network fans, or what? I just don't get the business sense here...

[quote name='El Gray']I heard that there was a 10yr Anniversary marathon of PPG on CN earlier this week-- Monday, I believe. That night at 8 or 8:30, they aired a NEW episode that was apparently a wrap-up for the series. I have not seen it yet, and don't have it recorded, but I hope to track it down somehow.

Too bad it's not on this set.

Also, I didn't know about the crappy latter-day Dexter seasons mentioned above. Ego Trip was awesome, though.[/quote]

Hmm, I actually watched it, and I wasn't aware that was a new episode. I just figured I didn't remember it. I think I'm going to wait for a price drop on this before I buy it, though.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's a fucking crime that Spongebob Squarepants and a bunch of that atrocious "All Grown Up" and "Jimmy Neutron" garbage is on DVD, but none of their vintage cartoons (aside from Ren & Stimpy).[/quote]
I own the complete seasons 1-3 of SpongeBob SquarePants and it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Newer episodes suck though.

[quote name='Doomed']I own the complete seasons 1-3 of SpongeBob SquarePants and it's not as bad as you make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is.

[quote name='Doomed']I own the complete seasons 1-3 of SpongeBob SquarePants and it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Newer episodes suck though.[/quote]

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yeah it is.[/quote]

SpongeBob: Hey everyone! CoffeEdge says he doesn’t like Spongebob Squarepants. Ha! (CAG members laugh)

CoffeEdge: Don’t encourage them! They’ll never leave.

SpongeBob: Sorry, CoffeEdge, it’s just so funny. You know what we say: (all of the CAG members appear in the kitchen)
CAG members:The only people who don’t like Spongebob Squarepants have never watched it! (they all disappear)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yeah it is.[/quote]
I never said it was the best thing ever. However, many other animated series are better.

[quote name='Doomed']I never said it was the best thing ever. However, many other animated series are better.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I'm not debating with you. I don't know what gave you the idea that this was up for debate. I think that Spongebob Squarepants sucks dick and is unfunny mindpoison.

bread's done
Back