the price gouged and OOS 8800gt - Retailer mega link in OP

Not on newegg. I guess from reading on another forum that it was up for a short time, but newegg got bitched at and removed the product page.

I like the fact that this is a single slot card.

The Crysis demo has me really wanting this card. But I'll wait to see how Gears of War runs on my 7900GS before I buy it. If I can, I'll wait and get this in the spring.

yea crysis is the first game that is really making me want to upgrade...

but then again i dont game on pc that much...but i still like to have good tech..

if one can wait till the end of november i would. the new GTS is most likely going to be better than the current GTX. also ATI's card is dropping mid november as well.

good times for PC gamers that's for sure

Or if you're impatient (or building a computer like me) you could aways get EVGA and use the stepup program.

I'm just hoping my paypal bank transfer clears before newegg sells out tomorrow.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I like the fact that this is a single slot card.

The Crysis demo has me really wanting this card. But I'll wait to see how Gears of War runs on my 7900GS before I buy it. If I can, I'll wait and get this in the spring.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say whether it'll be worth it for Crysis-- the new GTS might be better suited for that. The full retail version of crysis might be better optimized, but as it is with a GTS 640mb, the game fluctuates from 25-35fps on high without AA or vsync (going above 30 only when you're looking out into the open or in the sky.)

not sure how you're looking to get crysis running, but this card may not "pwn" it or anything.

Prinny:
[quote name='skid']Here's the pictures on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?Image=14-130-303-01.jpg%2c14-130-303-02.jpg%2c14-130-303-03.jpg%2c14-130-303-04.jpg%2c14-130-303-05.jpg%2c14-130-303-06.jpg%2c14-130-303-07.jpg%2c14-130-303-08.jpg%2c14-130-303-09.jpg%2c14-130-303-10.jpg
The card isn't actually there being sold yet.

But the card has been available at zipzoomfly. $279 plus shipping.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10007125[/quote] Did you even look at any of that?
I messed up the shipping, but that's no reason to post the exact thing again.
You fail.

[quote name='skid']Prinny:
Did you even look at any of that?
I messed up the shipping, but that's no reason to post the exact thing again.
You fail.[/quote]

ZZF was out of stock for a while. I was updating the thread saying that it was back in stock, for around 40 minutes or so.

Why do you need so much validation for your posts. I'm just trying to help people. Why don't you climb back up to that damn pedastal you stand on so someone can shoot you down. Eh?

Get a life. Post something meaningful. kthxbai.

[quote name='Apossum']It's hard to say whether it'll be worth it for Crysis-- the new GTS might be better suited for that. The full retail version of crysis might be better optimized, but as it is with a GTS 640mb, the game fluctuates from 25-35fps on high without AA or vsync (going above 30 only when you're looking out into the open or in the sky.)

not sure how you're looking to get crysis running, but this card may not "pwn" it or anything.[/quote]

I'm running a 7900GS. Great card but it's really showing it's age with the most recent wave of demos (Crysis and COD4). I don't expect to max out Crysis with the 8800GT but playing the demo at 1024x768 at medium is only making me want more powerful hardware.

[quote name='Moxio']Jeez... this card has got me really considering getting an entirely new PC.[/quote]

Same here.

That kindof money will be tough to come by through the rest of the year due to a lot of games I consider 'must haves' for me, my car, and christmas presents. So maybe I'll work on saving up money to build a new one starting the new year. Hopefully by then we may see some nice new stuff out that's not pricey or the current stuff will be decently cheaper. Which is a lot of shelf time for my poor Unreal Tournament 3. ;(

It's also now listed under the Step Up program at EVGA, but it says it's backordered.

[quote name='dragonsho']Is this site reputable? If so, I'm ordering ASAP once paypal/my bank put my money onto PP.[/quote]

Quoting many others on tech forums...

NCIX is the Newegg.com of Canada.

They run a US division and the cards they have in stock are shipping from Biritsh Columbia. The shipping is steep but... it's overnight. I took it.

here are links to all the new egg variations-- not all of the links work yet:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showpost.php?p=4430581&postcount=1

[quote name='guyver2077']can someone explain the ste up program..

and man.. im seriously considering...

need to sell my vid card...[/QUOTE]

you buy an evga card, register it, then you have 90 days from the purchase date to exchange it for a different card (like if a new one were to come out in January and you want that one instead of the GT, you can send them your GT and pay the difference for the new one.)

[quote name='guyver2077']can someone explain the ste up program..[/QUOTE]
I already explained it and provided links to EVGA's FAQs about it. What more do you want to know?

[quote name='Damian']I already explained it and provided links to EVGA's FAQs about it. What more do you want to know?[/quote]

i backtracked and read up..

thanks

Damn, I need this for COD4. Time to start asking my dad(A huge COD Fan) for monies to buy this.

EDIT: Anyone know how long ET:QW will stay bundled with it?

XFX PVT88PYDF4 GeForce 8800GT 512MB $270 + ~$6.33 shipping Newegg.com

Quake Wars will forever be bundled with every 8800GT car released by eVGA.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB - $240 + ~$20 shipping (free CoD2 OEM and NVIDIA mousepad) - NCIXUS.com[/FONT]

Note, Buy.com is now OOS.

EDIT: eVGA's own site has all editions of their 8800GT cards in stock. Order direct from them if you want no hassles with Step-Up! Prices from $260-290 + ~$10 shipping
http://www.evga.com/Products/moreinfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N806-A1

I can vouch for NCIX.com. When I built my new pc in August I bought my processor from them. Nice packaging and quick shipping along with the good deal I got on the processor was great. Just from that experience I would recommend them.

With the GT so close to the GTS... I'm wondering if they'll just take the GTS out and introduce the GTX to the GTS price point.

[quote name='Kayden']Is there any word on the new 8800GTS?[/QUOTE]

ask and ye shall receive:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCw2LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

UPDATE - 10/29/07-8:29am: A very interesting addendum to this. I just got off the phone with BFG Tech and NVIDIA has been doing some strange things lately. As of this morning, the GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB (unsure on the 320MB) will have its stream processors officially increased to 112, the same as the GT. This should put the GTS back ahead of the GT as per the paper specs. However, the separation in the products is still going to be very small except for those of you wanting to run high resolutions with AA turned on. To do that you are still going to need a $400+ video card..or so. Our new spec GTS is on the way to us now and we will of course be updating you. Given the GT's faster clocks and possibly larger texture unit, we will have to wait and see. Undoubtedly though, the 8800 GT remains a stellar value at the expected price points.

So it sounds like the new GTS will be a little better than the GT.

wow, now I'm really confused, I thought there was already a 8800GTS out.

They should just change their naming structure to:

The Good Good Card
The Good Better Card
The Better Better Card
The Better Best Card
The Best Best Card

Thats weak. I was hoping they'd not only up the SPs to 112 but also throw in a new 65NM chip. Drop the old stock to $200 or so. I heard rumor of them eliminating the 320 and making the 8800GTS 640 only with 112 SP and the 65nm chips. But, I guess thats just too good to be true.

I heard its supposed to role out Nov 15, so I guess I'll wait until then to see if I should just get the SSC8800GT from EVGA. Its got a 100/250 stock overclock putting it well over even my superclocked GTS and its $10 less. I really wish I would have just waited two weeks. :cry:

[quote name='Apossum']ask and ye shall receive:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCw2LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

So it sounds like the new GTS will be a little better than the GT.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Thats weak. I was hoping they'd not only up the SPs to 112 but also throw in a new 65NM chip. Drop the old stock to $200 or so. I heard rumor of them eliminating the 320 and making the 8800GTS 640 only with 112 SP and the 65nm chips. But, I guess thats just too good to be true.

I heard its supposed to role out Nov 15, so I guess I'll wait until then to see if I should just get the SSC8800GT from EVGA. Its got a 100/250 stock overclock putting it well over even my superclocked GTS and its $10 less. I really wish I would have just waited two weeks. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I hadn't even thought of the 65nm deal.... I really would rather not get an even more power hungry, huge card, so if it isn't 65 nm, I may pass, get a GT, then overclock the GT over winter break when I have time to learn...

[quote name='tehweezner']this card is a beast. shocking stuff ..

if you play @ 1280 or 1440.. you'll be fine for a while i think. :)[/quote]

That is why I am so happy, the max my monitor supports in 1280x1024 so I know I can play at that resolution.

It doesn't really matter what the hell happens in the next few months if you buy an eVGA card.

If you're looking for a card to play Crysis, Hellgate, or CoD4 with this holiday season, don't wait. It seriously isn't worth it.

My advise is around the 90th day after your purchase do a Step-Up to the latest NVIDIA card, preferrably one that has DX10.1 shaders support. It'll probably be a 65nm card, and PCIE 2.0 should be finalized a bit more.

Lastly, if these upcoming AMD cards are any good, you can pretty much rest assured that they'll be dropping prices for current and all future NVIDIA products, including the soon to be released GTS.
--
If you aren't doing Step-Up, I'd advise getting a XFX card from NCIX. They have the best warranty, hands down.

P.S. It's my first time dealing w/ NCIXUS but I'm loving it. Verificiation was easy and everything has checked out so far. After processing time, my card should be overnighted to me tomorrow. Can't wait! (I'll probably have scrns from the Crysis demo and HG:L, possibly some FRAPS vids once I reinstall the x64 bit of Vista and add 2GB of RAM).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']PCIE 2.0 spec is finalized...[/quote]

I meant as in utilized, by the mobo's and such. There's no real benefit to 2.0 over 1.1 right now. None whatsoever.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I meant as in utilized, by the mobo's and such. There's no real benefit to 2.0 over 1.1 right now. None whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
Asus P5E3 Deluxe (first Intel X38 mobo) uses 2.0. Also, it's the coolest fucking motherboard ever. It can nearly-instantly boot into an embedded version of Linux, for quick web-browsing and whatnot.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Asus P5E3 Deluxe (first Intel X38 mobo) uses 2.0. Also, it's the coolest fucking motherboard ever. It can nearly-instantly boot into an embedded version of Linux, for quick web-browsing and whatnot.[/quote]

Hope to see more of this kind of stuff in the near future!

Here's an all-inclusive list to the retail links. Thanks to the guys over at Anandtech. Pick your poison.

Anandtech Full Retail Links List (all Manufacturers)

bread's done
Back