the price gouged and OOS 8800gt - Retailer mega link in OP

people are stupid. they could've waited two weeks and got the new GTS, which will probably wipe the GT up, for the same price.

Whose to say the new GTS won't have a $30 -$50 "early adopter" tax?

The price will come down eventually. It's just a supply/demand thing right now.

[quote name='Apossum']people are stupid. they could've waited two weeks and got the new GTS, which will probably wipe the GT up, for the same price.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if it wipes the floor with the GT, I'm stepping up to the GTS. I'm glad I hopped on it when i was MSRP. It's crazy that Newegg has the highest prices for it, too. I wonder how much the new GTS will be, before being gouged.

From what I've read, the GTS will be 112 SP like the GT, but it will still have the G80 chip instead of the G92 (be bigger, hotter, engery whore) so it'll still have the double wide profile. It'll also only come in the 640mb with the 320bit bus versus the 256 on the GT. It will, however, cost 380 for the base GTS. Thats not counting the undoubted KO, SC and SSC versions they'll have.

Me? Wha?

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Are you referring to the G80 GTS with more stream processors or something more like a juiced up GT using the G92?[/quote]

I really need a GTS gaming at 1920X1200 but I also really can't afford it. I shall hope to pick a 8800gt up whenever I find one.

[quote name='Kayden']MSRP on the card is about $250, people just jacked up the price due to demand =|. If you wait I'm sure they'll come down.

Additionally, the new GTS isn't worth waiting for. =([/quote]
Well I had read that the cheapest ones would be around $200, but $250 is fine too. $300+ is just too much to spend, and in many ways I would feel cheated because one of the selling points was affordability. I'll just stick with my crummy 7600GT for a few more months I guess.

[quote name='Krayon']First post, but apparently the new GTS is available already. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26825&vpn=640-P2-N829-A1&manufacture=eVGA

Personally, I'm going to wait for the benchmarks on the new amd numbers before I upgrade. I've been in desperate need of an upgrade for a year, and I'm at that exact point where I need to upgrade for HG:L anyways.[/QUOTE]

that's the pseudo-new GTS that still gets outclassed by the GT in some respects.

The new-new GTS is a couple weeks off, but thanks for the heads up nonetheless. :)

Man it's rediculous. I paid $400 for my GTS 640mb superclocked back in May.

Stupid Quake wars got Delayed till September........... GAHHHHHHHHHHH

Funny thing is my card still fetches 250-300 on ebay......... I technically could sell it and buy the GT lols...

I was wondering about all this blather on the power requirements of the 8800GT. It requires ~24A on the 12V rail, does this mean that the total amperage of the 12V rails needs to be 24 or does it have to be 24 on a single rail?

I ask because I'm thinking about getting the 500W Antec Basiq, and it has 2 12V rails rated at 18A per rail (ref: http://www.antec.com/specs/BP500U_spe.html ). Will this work?

[quote name='guyver2077']bb has the bfg 8800 gt in stock right now..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8594381&st=BFGR88512GTOCE&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1190678470708&AID=10474050&PID=404255&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8594381%26st%3DBFGR88512GTOCE%26lp%3D1%26type%3Dproduct%26cp%3D1%26id%3D1190678470708

what do you guys think.. i would of used the 10% coupon had any of my stores had it in stock..

is it worth ordering?[/QUOTE]

if you don't want the new GTS, then by all means, grab that shit. It's a great card.

yea.. dunno.. should be good.. what will be the retail on the gts again?

also i was hoping to get one that comes bundled with a game.. i think a few other brands have quake wars or crysis

[quote name='guyver2077']yea.. dunno.. should be good.. what will be the retail on the gts again?

also i was hoping to get one that comes bundled with a game.. i think a few other brands have quake wars or crysis[/QUOTE]

the low $300s, I believe. maybe even like $310. Evga might have a game bundle.

It looks like I may not be able to get an 8800gt. People have been reporting compatibility issues between the SN25P and the 8800gt, looks like there are issues with some of the older socket 939 systems. I was all set to "step up" through evga too.

newegg says theyll get more evga 8800gt cards soon, from waht ive seen these outperform any other manufacturer of the 8800gt, and it comes bundled with quake wars

fucking shit. Seems that the GTS isn't coming out till Dec 12-14 now. That sucks. I think I'll just grab the GT and then step up to whatever the best shit out is at the end of my step up period. Seems like the smartest option anyway when there could be a 1024MB GTS coming out...

[quote name='Chacrana']fucking shit. Seems that the GTS isn't coming out till Dec 12-14 now. That sucks. I think I'll just grab the GT and then step up to whatever the best shit out is at the end of my step up period. Seems like the smartest option anyway when there could be a 1024MB GTS coming out...[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm GT'ing it. I'll get whatever's the hot shit next Fall before Fallout 3 comes out.

Hmm... yeah, seems that buying the GT now and stepping up in 3 months is the best solution... coz you can step up to whichever new card you want, right? At least, I hope so. Either way, it's not like I'll be underpowered... not when I'm SLI-ing this shit up.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... yeah, seems that buying the GT now and stepping up in 3 months is the best solution... coz you can step up to whichever new card you want, right? At least, I hope so. Either way, it's not like I'll be underpowered... not when I'm SLI-ing this shit up.[/QUOTE]

yeah. you pay the difference for anything more expensive or just pay shipping if you get a card that's less expensive.

SLI-ing what up? GTs? GTSes? you're insane. :lol:

GT's. But I'll step up to two of whatever the highest-end shit is at the end of my step up period.

Only problem seems to be finding a fucking GT, let alone 2. Oh well... eventually.

[quote name='Chacrana']GT's. But I'll step up to two of whatever the highest-end shit is at the end of my step up period.

Only problem seems to be finding a fucking GT, let alone 2. Oh well... eventually.[/QUOTE]

So you want a PC that'll last forever, I guess.

I'm looking at my options here and it seems like I'd make out better selling my card on Ebay than by doing a step up. of course, that would mean going with out my PC for a week or so...but then I could get a G92 GTS.

Alright, I don't think my dad wants to pay 250 for a video card and I don't have that much money either. Could I buy something like a 8600GT and then when I have enough cash step up to a 8800GT or GTS?

[quote name='Dkellar']Instead of the 8600GT, which sucks, get one of the new AMD/ATi cards. They are priced around that of the 8600GT.[/quote]

Well I didn't really want a 8600GT, I just wanted to use it as a platform to step up on.

[quote name='darthbudge']Alright, I don't think my dad wants to pay 250 for a video card and I don't have that much money either. Could I buy something like a 8600GT and then when I have enough cash step up to a 8800GT or GTS?[/QUOTE]

Seems like people don't have any good things to say about the 8600, but yes, you could step up when you save up enough. It would probably be worth it to go that route.

dunno but its gonna go oos fast..

someone mentioned it comes with dirt so atleast something is bundled.. ill have to get crysis on the cheap somewhere

Well... I just bought the MSI card from Dell. $220.99 shipped. I told myself I wouldn't get this card until I had played all the older games I still had (Call of Duty 2, FEAR...) but the price was too good to pass up. My sister better start building her new computer soon because I don't want to see this 7900GS OC sitting unused for too long. Six months and it's already replaced.

/buyers remorse (hopefully)

[quote name='Apossum']use paypal for 20% off on that shit!!![/quote]

expired

grrrrrr.... damn!!!

that would have been... what? $160?

the msi card went down for a bit but its actually still there...

great price. it doesnt ship til like dec 10 when the card is released.

i am also replacing my 7900gs (which is still a good card)

need to go use that bb coupon to pick up crysis soon

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Well... I just bought the MSI card from Dell. $220.99 shipped. I told myself I wouldn't get this card until I had played all the older games I still had (Call of Duty 2, FEAR...) but the price was too good to pass up. My sister better start building her new computer soon because I don't want to see this 7900GS OC sitting unused for too long. Six months and it's already replaced.

/buyers remorse (hopefully)[/quote]Same here. Was going to hold off on purchasing until I get around to playing the new batch of games (I'm still playing FEAR). But the price is too good to pass up compared to other etailers.

I'll just pass my 7950GT to my wife's PC and sell the 7800GT she's currently using. At least that will offset a good percentage of this purchase.

Paid with Paypal, maybe they'll have a glitch and refund me 20% anyway.

bread's done
Back