The PS3 Online Availability Thread

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I think there are a fair number of people who are interested in getting a heads-up when the PS3 is available for order online, but if a new thread is created for each deal it clutters up the forum and also these deals tend to end so quickly that the threads end up in the Deal Graveyard almost immediately, which can make discussion difficult. So if the mods don't mind, I thought it would make sense to have one thread where these things can be posted. It's possible that this would be more appropriate in the PS3 forum, but in the past these deals have been posted here, since it's largely people who already have PS3s that visit the PS3 forum.

I'll start it off with this deal on Walmart.com which is still available as I write this:

(click "PS3 Hardware" link on the left)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303666&fromPageCatId=413799&catNavId=413799

20GB PS3
PS2 Memory Card Adapter
2 extra SIXAXIS controllers
Your choice of 10 games
Your choice of 2 blu-ray movies
Price: Starts at $1,251.28 (depending on what you choose, apparently)

This is a pretty egregious bundle, but a lot of people on the PS3 forum at Amazon.com have said that they've had luck just returning what they don't want to a Walmart store, or even calling Walmart.com and canceling what they don't want, so it may not be as bad as it looks.

You can return them to the store (and/or cancel the ones that haven't shipped once your PS3 does). I don't see what the big deal is... unless you either don't have the $ in your checking or have an obscenely low credit limit.

[quote name='screwkick']Says its in stock, but when I add it to the cart, nothing appears. Damn.

** Never mind. OOS now. **[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me when I first saw the link posted. Link didn't bring you directly to the PS3 system either.

Back in stock AGAIN, use the link in the first post, just copy and paste it. Must resist.
EDIT:
never mind OOS again... WTH is walmart doing

Could be that people are canceling some orders and Walmart is putting them back online. I think that's what happened with Gamestop a while ago.

Man stock has been added to Wal-Mart all day. I've been holding out for the 60GB model bundle (then returning all of the crap) but I haven't been quick enough to get one.

[quote name='Chitown021']Man stock has been added to Wal-Mart all day. I've been holding out for the 60GB model bundle (then returning all of the crap) but I haven't been quick enough to get one.[/quote]

I think there is something bugged with the 60gb ones, i was in the middle of checkout and my page died and when i went back to my cart and it said 60gb wasnt available but i could still configure it to the 60GB model on the page.

[quote name='abhinav']I think there is something bugged with the 60gb ones, i was in the middle of checkout and my page died and when i went back to my cart and it said 60gb wasnt available but i could still configure it to the 60GB model on the page.[/quote]

I think you're right because I had the same problem this morning. I selected the 60GB system from the dropdown box, added all of the craptacular movies and games, then as soon as I hit checkout it would tell me there was a problem. I just assumed it was because others had snapped up the 60GB units while I was wasting time configuring my bundle.

Guys just go to eb games/gamestop this thursday/friday, their suppose to get some more ps3 in this week.

One of my friend works at ebgames and their store got 2 (60gb) on tuesday and there getting 9 more wii's and 4 (60gb) ps3 thursday/friday. So don't waste your money on bundles. Just wait.

Sony is promising some more ps3 within the next two weeks.

[quote name='yuedarklord']Guys just go to eb games/gamestop this thursday/friday, their suppose to get some more ps3 in this week.

One of my friend works at ebgames and their store got 2 (60gb) on tuesday and there getting 9 more wii's and 4 (60gb) ps3 thursday/friday. So don't waste your money on bundles. Just wait.

Sony is promising some more ps3 within the next two weeks.[/quote]

No go for many east coast CAGers for Gamestop/EB games as they already got their shipments in and i missed it.

As for Walmart, i am going to send them an email complaining how their site will bring up the 60 GB bundle and then bug out and then go out of stock, this is just bait and switch or whatever you want to call it.

It could just be that a particular configuration is out of stock. The first time I added the 60GB to my cart, it said it was unavailable, so instead of being selective I just chose the first 10 games and 2 movies on the list the second time around, and that order went through.

[quote name='yuedarklord']Guys just go to eb games/gamestop this thursday/friday, their suppose to get some more ps3 in this week.

Sony is promising some more ps3 within the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

I was at a Gamestop today and they said they got 3 (or maybe it was 4) PS3's in this afternoon (Weds). So I doubt they will get more the rest of this week. Just sayin', you might have missed them already this week but I'm sure they will continue to come in 2's and 4's every few days till Christmas.

Me, I'm holding out for a revised PS3 with built-in upscaler available in a Costco bundle. So I might be waiting a while ;).

[quote name='lmz00']It could just be that a particular configuration is out of stock. The first time I added the 60GB to my cart, it said it was unavailable, so instead of being selective I just chose the first 10 games and 2 movies on the list the second time around, and that order went through.[/quote]

I have tried random stuff, i think the only same thing that any of my PS3 orders shares is that resistance fall of man is picked :roll:

[quote name='Puppy']Will it ever? There isn't even a white PSP in the United States yet.[/quote]
Probably not. My GS will be getting the 60GB on Fri at noon but I wont be able to show up until 11am at the earliest. Employee said most likely there will be a line of people by that point.

My Gamestop got some Playstation 3's yesterday too.

They're trickling out, which is nice. I just like knowing I'll be able to get one. No rush, since I've got like 12 Playstation 2 games and even more DS, PC, and PSP titles to get through...PLUS more junk I'm going to probably order from Amazon today. MMMM Powerstone Collection and Godhand :D

I have a 60 GB PS3 for sale. Brand new with original sales receipt from GS. I'm going to treat this like an auction, it has a $650.00 reserve, you pay shipping (preferably next day air via FedEx or UPS) that must also include full insurance for the $650.00 reserve price. I will only accept a cashiers check or money order, once the check/money order clears I will ship it and send you a tracking number. Remember, this is an auction, whoever bids the most above the reserve will get it. I will keep everybody abreast of the current price and bidder via a mass e-mail from the [email protected] account.

Sorry, no PO Boxes or Business Addresses.

If you are interested please e-mail me at [email protected], please don't PM me on CAG as I have a feeling my inbox might fill up.

Good Luck,

Alex

[quote name='alexandertyler']I have a 60 GB PS3 for sale. Brand new with original sales receipt from GS. I'm going to treat this like an auction, it has a $650.00 reserve, you pay shipping (preferably next day air via FedEx or UPS) that must also include full insurance for the $650.00 reserve price. I will only accept a cashiers check or money order, once the check/money order clears I will ship it and send you a tracking number. Remember, this is an auction, whoever bids the most above the reserve will get it. I will keep everybody abreast of the current price and bidder via a mass e-mail from the [email protected] account.

If you are interested please e-mail me at [email protected], please don't PM me on CAG as I have a feeling my inbox might fill up.

Good Luck,

Alex[/QUOTE]
Why did you post this here? You should have posted in the CAG trading/auctions section.

[quote name='Mex25']Why did you post this here? You should have posted in the CAG trading/auctions section.[/quote]

It's posted there too. I just figured some people in this thread might want this rather than gamble on getting one from a B&M store or online.

Later,

Alex

This forum is for advertising retailer sales, not your auctions. Imagine if every poster felt that he had something special to sell and decided to post in this forum his auction. It would completely defeat the purpose of having a specific forum dedicated for auctions and one for deals. In the future, please respect this differentiation.

Cheers

[quote name='alexandertyler']I have a 60 GB PS3 for sale. Brand new with original sales receipt from GS. I'm going to treat this like an auction, it has a $650.00 reserve, you pay shipping (preferably next day air via FedEx or UPS) that must also include full insurance for the $650.00 reserve price. I will only accept a cashiers check or money order, once the check/money order clears I will ship it and send you a tracking number. Remember, this is an auction, whoever bids the most above the reserve will get it. I will keep everybody abreast of the current price and bidder via a mass e-mail from the [email protected] account.

Good Luck,

Alex[/quote]

Go post this kind of stuff elsewhere...like in the RIGHT forum.

Here is what i dont get, the selection of blu ray movies is dropping which means they are going out of stock so people are getting through? This is driving me mad, i want that damn 60gb!

Originally posted by Grimlock49:

PS3 20 GB Bundle @ frys.com active now $1209.87 limited time

FRYS.com #: 5081985
Bundle Includes
PS3 Game Cosole 20GB
2nd Wireless Controller
Mobile Suite Gundam
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Madden 07
Need For Speed Carbon
NHL 2K7
Untold Legends
Genji
NBA 07

Special Note: We will be taking Pre-Orders on the Playstation 3 20GB Bundles from 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM EST today. Orders will be taken on a first come first serve basis. Limit 1 per household/billing address

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5081985

frys.com at it again....

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FRYS.com #: 5091195[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Bundle Includes
PS3 Game Cosole 20GB
2nd Wireless Controller
Call of Duty 3
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Untold Legends
NBA 07
[/FONT]
$909.92

LINK

Damn! Ebay prices are dropping and the Ps3' s are all in stock at Bestbuy. Somebody at SONY has dropped the ball. 2 weeks ago a Ps3 was 3000 on Ebay and now a 60gb is going for 550 on auction. that's like a 150 dollar loss with shipping, taxes and fees. Has demand waned that much? or will it tick up again near christmas?

[quote name='sparklecopy']Damn! Ebay prices are dropping and the Ps3' s are all in stock at Bestbuy. Somebody at SONY has dropped the ball. 2 weeks ago a Ps3 was 3000 on Ebay and now a 60gb is going for 550 on auction. that's like a 150 dollar loss with shipping, taxes and fees. Has demand waned that much? or will it tick up again near christmas?[/QUOTE]

It -will- go up.

Trust me, there have been PS3 consoles showing up all over but they're bought within seconds and typically at very strange times [when many of us are working or at school, completely random and out of the blue]

What little online stores are selling them are selling them as outrageous bundles that people aren't buying quickly [especially resellers, the people buying the bundles are the people that WANT consoles]

But come the last week of Christmas, there will be a demand, because 1 out of every 100 stores will get one, and when they get one, it'll be bought immediately. People will HAVE to buy them through friends, craigslist, or eBay. Right now consoles are being undersold on eBay by people who need the money and can't afford to keep the investment, they'll feel like crap when they see the consoles selling 2x retail the last days of the season.

I have a relatively good amount of free time and cover two markets [Nashville and Clarksville] and have only seen ONE console and it was a 20gb and it was bought when I saw it. Gamestop has had returns that are being used to fill preorders, and Best Buy/Circuit City are acting COMPLETELY secretive and selling them on a very strange basis.

I can trust Nintendo to push out Wii, so either open it up and enjoy it now or sell it to break even.

However, if you can afford waiting two weeks, GO AHEAD. If you find one in the next two weeks, and can afford the credit or out right buying it, go ahead it is completely worth the risk.

If the market falls out, you ALWAYS have the return slip and can return it easily after new year's while you try to sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-60GB-W-EXTR...0QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PS3-Playst...9QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATIO...3QQihZ015QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still though, the price will only go up from here, if you can find $550 auctions for 60gb you should HONESTLY BID YOURSELF, I have been tracking this and have missed nearly all the sub $600 wins and have seen no console go lower than around $800 shipped. That's still around $100 profit.

I say wait people. I sold TWO 360's in March for $960 each. Sure, come April/May they were barely getting $400, but if you time it right, you can come out winning.

Do you know the return policy for Best Buy, it said something about extended return times for items bought near the holidays, but didn't say how much longer it was. I called CS but they never picked up the phone ! Oh and you are right , I have been out and about ALOT these past few weeks in southern CA. and I have yet to see even one unit on the shelves. Thank you

[quote name='fshaia']Do you know the return policy for Best Buy, it said something about extended return times for items bought near the holidays, but didn't say how much longer it was. I called CS but they never picked up the phone ! Oh and you are right , I have been out and about ALOT these past few weeks in southern CA. and I have yet to see even one unit on the shelves. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Their return policy should be 30 days, regularly, I'm sure since it's holidays, it will be a little longer. On an item like a PS3, as long as you have the receipt and it's new, I doubt they'd complain about taking it in.

I have a friend in Vegas and a friend in Houston and neither one has seen PS3's either. I think maybe in smaller markets they pop up, but that's probably because many of the smaller markets never got them to begin with.

Maybe people won't be making 5x profit, but I can see PS3's going for 1000 for the 20 and 1400 for the 60, easy.

I am sorry but i hate ebayers. Sure it would be nice to make some cash but you are making someone else suffer in the process. Bah i hate this topic, i only seem to bitch when i dont have said item :p

[quote name='sarausagi']Their return policy should be 30 days, regularly, I'm sure since it's holidays, it will be a little longer. On an item like a PS3, as long as you have the receipt and it's new, I doubt they'd complain about taking it in.

I have a friend in Vegas and a friend in Houston and neither one has seen PS3's either. I think maybe in smaller markets they pop up, but that's probably because many of the smaller markets never got them to begin with.

Maybe people won't be making 5x profit, but I can see PS3's going for 1000 for the 20 and 1400 for the 60, easy.[/quote]
sorry but I highly doubt that. Make some real money and invest in stocks if you want to make some cash. Invest in videogame consoles purely for the fun of playing videogames.

[quote name='abhinav']I am sorry but i hate ebayers. Sure it would be nice to make some cash but you are making someone else suffer in the process. Bah i hate this topic, i only seem to bitch when i dont have said item :p[/QUOTE]

So do you want everybody on eBay to sell EVERYTHING at cost?

Maybe you hate stores too because they buy items for wholesale prices and sell to you at MSRP!

Next time you buy a DVD why don't you ask if you can get it for $3.15 per unit?

It's all fair. Luck of the draw really. If there was no demand, no one would buy PS3's to resell. Why should stores wait around until people who absolutely want to open it up and play it get there to buy it?

If seller A ends up finding one by chance, then he has all right to buy it for full MSRP and sell it for as much as a buyer is willing to give him.

However, I'm sure in your mind it's more proper for a guy to buy a PS3 for $600, and sell it for $500 plus shipping. Right? Or no..let me guess..maybe he should have never bought it at all!! How could you get 300 million people to adapt to your way of thinking?

This sounds more like when there's two open registers, there's a huge line for one and one with an employee doing nothing. What do you do? Get in the huge line? Or waltz ahead to the next register which has no customers paying and no people in line?

I am sorry but i hate ebayers.

Don't apologize, but instead feel your anger. It gives you focus...makes you stronger.

P.S. Not so sure that prices will go up that much in the week before Christmas. Can parents trust a total stranger to make good and get their $900+ investment out in time, as well as the shipping company involved? Were I a weak-spined parent trying to buy my childrens' love, I would have one paid for within the next week. No reason to fuck around with this, no reason at all.

EDIT: So do you want everybody on eBay to sell EVERYTHING at cost?

Maybe you hate stores too because they buy items for wholesale prices and sell to you at MSRP!

(Swats faulty analogies and weakass generalizations into third row.)

"Get that sh(o)t outta here!"

[quote name='sarausagi']So do you want everybody on eBay to sell EVERYTHING at cost?

Next time you buy a DVD why don't you ask if you can get it for $3.15 per unit?

It's all fair. Luck of the draw really. If there was no demand, no one would buy PS3's to resell. Why should stores wait around until people who absolutely want to open it up and play it get there to buy it?

If seller A ends up finding one by chance, then he has all right to buy it for full MSRP and sell it for as much as a buyer is willing to give him.

However, I'm sure in your mind it's more proper for a guy to buy a PS3 for $600, and sell it for $500 plus shipping. Right? Or no..let me guess..maybe he should have never bought it at all!! How could you get 300 million people to adapt to your way of thinking?

This sounds more like when there's two open registers, there's a huge line for one and one with an employee doing nothing. What do you do? Get in the huge line? Or waltz ahead to the next register which has no customers paying and no people in line?[/quote]

Sounds like someone is trying to justify the PS3's he bought to resell.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I am sorry but i hate ebayers.

Don't apologize, but instead feel your anger. It gives you focus...makes you stronger.

P.S. Not so sure that prices will go up that much in the week before Christmas. Can parents trust a total stranger to make good and get their $900+ investment out in time, as well as the shipping company involved? Were I a weak-spined parent trying to buy my childrens' love, I would have one paid for within the next week. No reason to fuck around with this, no reason at all.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the parents are smart at all, they'd realize eBay and the USPS are very respectable, timely, and secure companies. I just got back about $30 in the mail today, for an express mail refund and some delayed priority mail packages. and as many scumbags as there on eBay, there's good people on there looking to make some money who still find a way to please their customers [pretty much the ebayers who treat it like a business, give people what they'd expect in a store, and don't consider it a scam]

In the end, it's better than wasted time driving from store to store and calling 24/7, only to hear or see that someone bought it 10 seconds before you got to the store or that they sold out yesterday.

Upon researching the PS3 on eBay, there's only two problems with the eBay auctions; PS3 haters driving up auctions for no reason whatsoever, and paypal treating people's accounts like shit just for selling something.

But in the end, buyers are still getting their consoles and sellers are still getting their money.

As for shipping, I know USPS has a guaranteed window for christmas shipping, and last year, I got a package on the 24th, trust me when I say the USPS pulls out all the stops during the holidays.

Sounds like someone is trying to justify the PS3's he bought to resell.

Exactamundo. And doing it poorly, I might add.

You wanna come up with an analogy for PS3 hoarding? Try 'ticket brokers' instead of retail, 'kay?

EDIT: I've seen those PS3 eBayer pictures, and they don't exactly look like the prompt 'n' punctual type, you know? Some of them look like people for whom "Dude, where's my car?" isn't a crappy 'B' comedy, but instead a daily question.

[quote name='lawdood']Sounds like someone is trying to justify the PS3's he bought to resell.[/QUOTE]

No, you know what? I don't even HAVE an eBay account right now, and all I have is one 20 GB console I bought just in case I decide to keep it FOR MYSELF or for a craigslist/newspaper sale.

Part of me is quite bitter I wasn't able to get in the crazyness..some people I know made quite a bit of money. Amazon.com and Sonystyle ended up being hoax/cancelled orders, circuitcity messed up my order, and the only one I was able to get was a 20 gb on bn.com

I am defending resellers though, because I still have quite a bit of the money I've made on eBay, and from the emails in my inbox: ranging from "Great game, it rocks, you should get it for yourself" to "Thanks, have never been able to find it in a store" to "You made my daughter very happy", so obviously us resellers do more good than you give us merit for.

I'd be in the red if I gave everyone items at CAG prices...if you trade on here you trade to help your fellow cag, but on ebay, selling for a profit is fair game.

Oh, and ticket brokers aren't evil either, some people just get better tickets. I bought some Hilary Duff tickets from a woman this year and I asked her how she got them and she showed me the section for her company [coca cola] and sure enough when I went, everyone around me were coca cola families and most of them had name tags on. The people who wake up at 6 am when concert tickets go on sale, still don't get the best seats available, even if they have $400 in hand. Big events like bowls, tickets are earned via raffles, lotteries, and connections. I signed up to go to the super bowl, did I get a ticket? Hell no, I wasn't lucky enough to make the cut. The people that did get in had to get down and say, "Okay, am I going to take this once in a life time chance and go to the super bowl? Or will I let someone else buy it from me?"

Surely, you don't expect people to let go of super bowl tickets for $18 just because the section costs that amount for a pre season game.

[quote name='sarausagi']No, you know what? I don't even HAVE an eBay account right now, and all I have is one 20 GB console I bought just in case I decide to keep it FOR MYSELF or for a craigslist/newspaper sale.

Part of me is quite bitter I wasn't able to get in the crazyness..some people I know made quite a bit of money. Amazon.com and Sonystyle ended up being hoax/cancelled orders, circuitcity messed up my order, and the only one I was able to get was a 20 gb on bn.com

I am defending resellers though, because I still have quite a bit of the money I've made on eBay, and from the emails in my inbox: ranging from "Great game, it rocks, you should get it for yourself" to "Thanks, have never been able to find it in a store" to "You made my daughter very happy", so obviously us resellers do more good than you give us merit for.

I'd be in the red if I gave everyone items at CAG prices...if you trade on here you trade to help your fellow cag, but on ebay, selling for a profit is fair game.[/quote]
Well see this site is called CHEAPASSGAMER because most of us like buying and playing good games for inexpensive prices. It's not so people like you can use the info you glean from the site to make a living selling games and consoles you bought cheaply or at cost for exorbiant prices. I'm sure most of the people here have sold on ebay at one time or another but for those that seem to make a living out of screwing their fellow gamer out of videogames and consoles by hoarding product and then flipping it for well above cost prices on ebay on a regular basis...well you can just suck a d and jump off the nearest high bridge.

the price of the playstation 3 is definately going up as their stock is dwindling as the holiday gets closer. Get it quick, their arent much left this season. It has been reported by analysts that they have under shipped their 400,000 mark. It will be more like 200,000 as reported by analysts

Well i know this is off topic aswell but the site iTracker works! iTracker said that my local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! Hooray CAG! Hooray Beer, erm PS3!

[quote name='abhinav']Well i know this is off topic aswell but the site iTracker works! iTracker said that my local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! Hooray CAG! Hooray Beer, erm PS3![/QUOTE]
This would be great if you didn't have to pay just to track one item.

[quote name='Mex25']This would be great if you didn't have to pay just to track one item.[/quote]

You dont have to pay. It's a free service, if you want email updates it will cost you $2 but if you got into the site and check it yourself it is totaly free. I checked the site 2-3 times a day and didnt have to pay a penny.

bread's done
Back