The PS3 Online Availability Thread

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I think there are a fair number of people who are interested in getting a heads-up when the PS3 is available for order online, but if a new thread is created for each deal it clutters up the forum and also these deals tend to end so quickly that the threads end up in the Deal Graveyard almost immediately, which can make discussion difficult. So if the mods don't mind, I thought it would make sense to have one thread where these things can be posted. It's possible that this would be more appropriate in the PS3 forum, but in the past these deals have been posted here, since it's largely people who already have PS3s that visit the PS3 forum.

I'll start it off with this deal on Walmart.com which is still available as I write this:

(click "PS3 Hardware" link on the left)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303666&fromPageCatId=413799&catNavId=413799

20GB PS3
PS2 Memory Card Adapter
2 extra SIXAXIS controllers
Your choice of 10 games
Your choice of 2 blu-ray movies
Price: Starts at $1,251.28 (depending on what you choose, apparently)

This is a pretty egregious bundle, but a lot of people on the PS3 forum at Amazon.com have said that they've had luck just returning what they don't want to a Walmart store, or even calling Walmart.com and canceling what they don't want, so it may not be as bad as it looks.

[quote name='Wolfpup']That iTrakr site really stinks IMO. You have to register for it (and Firefox says it's certificate can't be verified). And it only shows two stores, neither of which I've ever been to. It's radius I guess around your Zip code is really small and arbitrary. I'm going to try to unregister for it.

Gamestop/EB have bundles in stock again for the Playstation 3 and Wii, but they're ripoffs IMO.[/quote]

Two stores? It shows Compusa, EB/Gamestop, and target. You have to register for many sites (like CAG) but you dont have to pasy for it.

And yes the Gamestop bundle is back in stock but it ships on 1/5/07, after xmas
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020072A

Well, only having three chains in the system isn't overly helpful, but the search radius is terrible. It doesn't pick up a single store I would normally go to when I enter my Zip.

That program that tracked 360's last year was WAY better (and 100% free).

I haven't had any luck tracking down a PS3 (non-bundled that is) on-line since launch but I finally lucked out at a B&M Best Buy last Friday 12/8/06. I stopped by Gamestop at about 10:45AM because I had heard they were going to get a shipment in that day. I figured I would wait around until the UPS guy came and hopefully snag one. When I got there I was the 4th customer in line. One was buying Guitar Heroes II, the second and 3rd asked about the Wii systems.

I asked of course about the PS3 units. I was told that they had gotten some in the previous Wednesday and they had no idea when the next shipment would be. One of the Wii customers told me that they had just been to Best Buy and they had the PS3 units in stock. He knew this because people were walking out of the store with them. I drove over there as fast as I could. As I was walking in I saw a man leaving with one in each hand. I hurried inside and went straight for the video game isle. No Wii units but to my complete surprise there were (4) 60GB PS3 units sitting on the shelf! I grabbed two (a friend of mine promised to keep a lookout for me so I did the same for him) and headed to the checkout counter.

To my surprise I was actually able to purchase both of them. The cashier start to ring them up then asked another employee if they were still one per customer. He then called management to ask and they told him they didn't know. He then told me he was just going to ring them up and did. SCORE!!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why do you need two? Hope one was for a friend or something...[/quote]

My best friend and I have been on the lookout for the systems since launch. I promised him if I found them I would try and get him one and he would do the same for me.

I saw some PS3 units on sale at sears.com this morning. Also anyone still seeking a PS3 might want to check the Best Buy stores in your area. For anyone living in the Kansas City are I can confirm that the BB near Oak Park Mall in Overland Park Kansas had (7) 60GB units on the shelf as of 11:15AM.

Sonystyle.com had both 20/60GB Models in stock. 60Gb was in stock for like 10minutes and the 20Gb was in stock for like 30minutes. I was able to pick up a 60Gb model with 2-day delivery hoping to get it before x-mas.

[quote name='picachuX']Sonystyle.com had both 20/60GB Models in stock. 60Gb was in stock for like 10minutes and the 20Gb was in stock for like 30minutes. I was able to pick up a 60Gb model with 2-day delivery hoping to get it before x-mas.[/QUOTE]

Dang nabbit. I keep missing out.

Still don't get why the 60GB model usually sells out first. I really want the 20GB one...

fuck i really want the 60 one...

i could get a 20gb at cost if iwanted one but i want to make sure i get a 60 and with warranty

i guess i just really want one tax free lol

Those BB units have been up almost all day. They must've gotten a butt load of them because I've seen them in stock the last 2 days (B&M that is).

bread's done
Back