The PSP IPOD

this honestly is a surprise to you? Sony IS an electronic company you do realize this right? And, i know i'll be flamed, Itunes and Ipod isn't the greatest thing anyway... well Ipod isn't too bad its Itunes that pisses me off...

[quote name='marmilin']this honestly is a surprise to you? Sony IS an electronic company you do realize this right? And, i know i'll be flamed, Itunes and Ipod isn't the greatest thing anyway... well Ipod isn't too bad its Itunes that pisses me off...[/quote]

It's not a suprise to me...not at all...I just hate that Sony wants make this SO much more than a game machine. It ends up taking away from what it was meant for in the first place. Most all-on-ones end up sucking.

The PSP, I think is just too big to function as an mp3 player, especially with the capacity of a memory stick. I don't know how Sony expects a device much much larger than an ipod to compete with such a small capacity of songs by comparison.

[quote name='jkam'][quote name='marmilin']this honestly is a surprise to you? Sony IS an electronic company you do realize this right? And, i know i'll be flamed, Itunes and Ipod isn't the greatest thing anyway... well Ipod isn't too bad its Itunes that pisses me off...[/quote]

It's not a suprise to me...not at all...I just hate that Sony wants make this SO much more than a game machine. It ends up taking away from what it was meant for in the first place. Most all-on-ones end up sucking.[/quote]

See thats a problem jkam.

Sony didnt put it out to be a game machine.. They put it out to be bought up and used for everything. They just used a hot name (Sony Playstation) to get its hype built up. They are in it for the money period. No exception. They could care less about games or gamers.

*edit

oh yeah and if you think thats a flawed idea well then just adapt...

The problem is that the more functions something has, the less time is spent making sure that the functions are worth using. "Its not just a second-rate videogame system, its also a second-rate MP3 player, a third-rate portable video machine, and a fourth-rate web browser!" That's just not a marketting tactic that appeals to me. I prefer products that do one thing, and do it really well.

Unfortunately, I'm in the minority. That's why stores are filled with shitty multi-tool sets that break the third time you use them.

not true. if you design something to be a multi function device that's what it is. If you design it to be a game machine and then try to shoe horn new abilities into it THAT's when it suffers.

The PSP was designed from day one to be a multi function device.

In the end though it dosent matter because the iPod name has become so synonomous with MP3 players that people say "iPod" for EVERY MP3 player like back in the days when every thing was a "nintendo" even if it wasnt by nintendo, or how every football game was "madden"... oh wait every football game IS madden now... :roll:

[quote name='Alpha2']not true. if you design something to be a multi function device that's what it is. If you design it to be a game machine and then try to shoe horn new abilities into it THAT's when it suffers.[/quote]
The fact that its a first-rate multi-function device doesn't change the fact that its second-rate at all the individual functions. Its a matter of simple reality: R&D isn't infinite. The more features you try to develop, the less time and money you're able to spend on each one of them. For some people, the fact that its also a second-rate MP3 player may make up for the fact that its a second-rate game machine, but personally, I'll take a first-rate game machine AND a first-rate MP3 player.

I think the issue that I see is that the PSP (any other "portable" multipurpose device), trying to do it all, is going to suffer due to it's size. MP3 players are small devices. Hanging a PSP on your belt when you go jogging isn't going to work. Same thing happened to the PDA/phone combos. Too small to have good PDA functionality, too big to be a phone.

On item that I thought wasn't going to catch on was camera phones. In this case, they were able to integrate basic camera functionality w/o significant size increase if any at all.

If the games were $30 a pop, no one would be hating ya heard? But at $50 beans a game, a player has got to consider if all the other functions of this machine are worth it. I wanted it because it will be the hottest thing out this spring, it plays movies and mp3's and games and... but with the cost of memory sticks and the cost of software I just might go get a PocketPC. They do everything. I can get a dell for $300 plus 2gigs of memory.
Sony has exactly 45 days to change my mind.

PSP is really famous in my school so I think PSP will be the next PSP.... but really, pay to listen to music? on a mem stick? not for me.

[quote name='help1']PSP is really famous in my school so I think PSP will be the next PSP.... but really, pay to listen to music? on a mem stick? not for me.[/quote]

It's paying to buy the song, it's the same as any other mp3 music service.

[quote name='Drocket'][quote name='Alpha2']not true. if you design something to be a multi function device that's what it is. If you design it to be a game machine and then try to shoe horn new abilities into it THAT's when it suffers.[/quote]
The fact that its a first-rate multi-function device doesn't change the fact that its second-rate at all the individual functions. Its a matter of simple reality: R&D isn't infinite. The more features you try to develop, the less time and money you're able to spend on each one of them. For some people, the fact that its also a second-rate MP3 player may make up for the fact that its a second-rate game machine, but personally, I'll take a first-rate game machine AND a first-rate MP3 player.[/quote]

Your reasoning on this is very shallow, it's not like it takes a lot to give a device video playback or MP3, cell phones do both those thigns as almost standard functions PLUS take high quality photos. It's a device that reads data, you stick a chip in it with the instructions on how to read that data and call it a day (This is why many people say the iPod is overpriced.) The games (and maybe movie playback to a lesser degree) is the more processor intensive thing and to think a huge corporation like SOny cant spend the money on R&D for that is ridiculous. Even the DS can play Movies and MP3s and all you have to do is stic a cartridge into it.

You guys are idiots.

Everytime a new system comes out, its always, "Waaah waaaah look at Sony, they do it just for the money! Not like Nintendo! Waaah the PS2 plays DVDs, CDs, and games, ITS NOT A VIDEOGAME MACHINE ITS AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER--look at the GameCube! Thats a REAL gamer's system."

Face facts. I have a PS2 and a GCN. My GCN has like 14 games, my PS2 like 28. I play my PS2 TONS more than my GCN. And yeah, when Nintendo comes out with a first-party game its usually amazing (aside from Metriod Prime which was over rated) but those are relatively few. Sony first party games don't get the credit they deserve! Look at the Jak series! We get ONE Mario, ONE first party platformer on the GCN, and we get THREE, of the same series, on the PS2. All of which are better than Mario Sunshine (Ratchet and Clank is not first person but I think is still exclusive to Sony). The PS2, regardless of its other abilities, is still the superior gaming machine. And I have no doubt that the PSP will be a better gaming machine, with all its features, than the bulky, uncomfortable, rectangle that Nintendo calls the DS.

Oh yeah, moreover, there is Sony Computer Entertainment Japan/Europe/America, thats DEVOTED SPECIFICALLY TO GAMES, they are not making mp3s or movies. So the people dedicated to improving the gaming, music, and movie functions are not one in the same.

Wax - calling people idiots isnt going to help the disscussion any, except to goad people in to calling you names and turning this into another stupid flamewar.

Call it for what it is if someone is just plain adamant against the possibility of liking the PSP OR the DS all you can do is call them on it and let them hate all they like because you arnt going to change their minds.

[quote name='soxfan4525']I think it will fail, due the high prices of memory sticks[/quote]

High? I hope you don't own a Ps2 and memory cards then since their price is ridiculous.

[quote name='David85']So because you personally like Sony more this is supposed to mean something to us?[/quote]

The point is, and I own a GCN and play it regularly, that the PS2, with all its extra functions, is the supeior gaming machine. It has better games, it has better FIRST PARTY games, it has a better controller, it is in just about every way superior to the GameCube, which is a dedicated gaming system. The GCN is still good, no question (better than the XBOX at least), and I play it all the time, but its still second on my shelf.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='David85']So because you personally like Sony more this is supposed to mean something to us?[/quote]

The point is, and I own a GCN and play it regularly, that the PS2, with all its extra functions, is the supeior gaming machine. It has better games, it has better FIRST PARTY games, it has a better controller, it is in just about every way superior to the GameCube, which is a dedicated gaming system. The GCN is still good, no question (better than the XBOX at least), and I play it all the time, but its still second on my shelf.[/quote]

And all of which are your opinion, so what's your point?

What "extra functions" does the PS2 have? DVD player? Wow! I'll spend 100 extra dollars on a DVD player that is pure shit when i can get a better one for $35.

Better first party games in your opinion, different people like different games.

One way that the Gamecube is much better than any shit Sony will make, it won't break in a day. And that's a fact, unlike your opinion "facts".

PSP is a second rate mp3 player, but how is it a second rate game console? It is more powerful than the DS in everyway except games, and it is still too early to talk about the software.

I'd rather carry PSP than mp3+DS+PDA+portable dvd player, i only have one pocket you know.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']PSP is a second rate mp3 player, but how is it a second rate game console? It is more powerful than the DS in everyway except games, and it is still too early to talk about the software.

I'd rather carry PSP than mp3+DS+PDA+portable dvd player, i only have one pocket you know.[/quote]

One pocket, wow. where do you shop. I mean gesh normal jeans have at least 4 and most jackets have at least 2.

If you only have one pocket where do you plan to carry your games and UMD movies?

Also your ready to re-buy all your movies again in UMD format or spend hours and tons of cash converting your movies to MP4 so you can put them on Memory sticks. just so you can uses the PSP as a movie player insted of a portable DVD player?

And dude you can get a MP3 player the size of a pack of gum that is equal to the MP3 player thats in the PSP.

And do we even know how this thing is going to work as a PDA? I mean it doesn't have a touch screen like normal PDAs or the DS.

i mean 1 pocket spare, others are for wallet/cell/gum, and no one is going to stick a game handle in their butt pocket.

the leather case for PSP have space for games, and is plain sexy too.

I DO plan to buy certain UMD based movies, UMD may just well be the next DVD, who knows.

PSP is capable of checking emails you know.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']BTW david, bashing other people's opinion with your own opinion? wow.[/quote]

No, I stated my opinion. You know it's an opinion and I'm not claiming them as facts.

The only thing I'm claiming as fact, because it's a well documented fact is that the GC is stronger than the poorly made PS2.

converting movies isnt hard with the right program

i have a nokia 6620 and 3650 and im constantly converting movies to play on it and take on long roadtrips, planerides, etc

i think that if the PsP lives up its hype, hopefully sony will bundle a convenient software for conversion, but if not, then theyre not especially hard to come by on the internet, sometimes can be even be found as freeware.

[quote name='help1']PSP is really famous in my school so I think PSP will be the next PSP.... but really, pay to listen to music? on a mem stick? not for me.[/quote]

sweet! the psp will be the next psp!

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='help1']PSP is really famous in my school so I think PSP will be the next PSP.... but really, pay to listen to music? on a mem stick? not for me.[/quote]

sweet! the psp will be the next psp![/quote]

Dang, beat me to it. :)

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='David85']So because you personally like Sony more this is supposed to mean something to us?[/quote]

The point is, and I own a GCN and play it regularly, that the PS2, with all its extra functions, is the supeior gaming machine. It has better games, it has better FIRST PARTY games, it has a better controller, it is in just about every way superior to the GameCube, which is a dedicated gaming system. The GCN is still good, no question (better than the XBOX at least), and I play it all the time, but its still second on my shelf.[/quote]

What "extra functions" does the PS2 have? DVD player? Wow! I'll spend 100 extra dollars on a DVD player that is pure shit when i can get a better one for $35.

Better first party games in your opinion, different people like different games.

One way that the Gamecube is much better than any shit Sony will make, it won't break in a day. And that's a fact, unlike your opinion "facts".[/quote]

Fine, facts:

- My PS2 has yet to break
- Sony published more first party games this year than Nintendo
- The PS2 has a larger library of games than the GCN and XBOX put together

There are your facts.

Oh, and here's an opinion:

- The Nintendo DS is a piece of junk thats not only uncomfortable to hold, but completely superfluous and inadequate in design.
- The PSP is a more practical system and will attract more developers.
- Sony has forbid companies from producing PS2 ports onto the PSP.
- Nintendo already has Mario 64 DS and is coming out with Mario Kart (64) DS, and had a craptastic launch.

Well I wouldn't use the PSP as an mp3 player anyways, b/c I have my wonderful I-RIVER. Its kinda nice to provide the funtionality for people who want it, but most people who want an mp3 player, already have one.....

On another note, I love DS and all Nintendo products (hell, even the red-headed stepchild of the family, Virtual Boy), but I am quite interested in the PSP also.

BUT

I have yet to see a SINGLE game that interests me on the system besides Vampire Chronicle, which I already have for Dreamcast. Once we start seeing portable Devil May Cry's and whatever this "Final Fantasy: Crisis Core" game turns out to be, I'll be a bit more inclined to buy. But for now, GTA, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and sports titles are of NO INTEREST whatsoever to me, so I don't think I'll be picking one up at launch.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Well I wouldn't use the PSP as an mp3 player anyways, b/c I have my wonderful I-RIVER. Its kinda nice to provide the funtionality for people who want it, but most people who want an mp3 player, already have one.....

On another note, I love DS and all Nintendo products (hell, even the red-headed stepchild of the family, Virtual Boy), but I am quite interested in the PSP also.

BUT

I have yet to see a SINGLE game that interests me on the system besides Vampire Chronicle, which I already have for Dreamcast. Once we start seeing portable Devil May Cry's and whatever this "Final Fantasy: Crisis Core" game turns out to be, I'll be a bit more inclined to buy. But for now, GTA, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and sports titles are of NO INTEREST whatsoever to me, so I don't think I'll be picking one up at launch.[/quote]

I love my I-River.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='Gameboy415']Well I wouldn't use the PSP as an mp3 player anyways, b/c I have my wonderful I-RIVER. Its kinda nice to provide the funtionality for people who want it, but most people who want an mp3 player, already have one.....

BUT

I have yet to see a SINGLE game that interests me on the system besides Vampire Chronicle, which I already have for Dreamcast. Once we start seeing portable Devil May Cry's and whatever this "Final Fantasy: Crisis Core" game turns out to be, I'll be a bit more inclined to buy. But for now, GTA, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and sports titles are of NO INTEREST whatsoever to me, so I don't think I'll be picking one up at launch.[/quote]

I love my I-River.[/quote]

Hell yeah!

*high five*

What model do you have? I've got the H340 (40 Gig) and I just put the newest Korean firmware on it so now I can watch video on it! WOO!

I don't have an MP3 player, so the PSP is definitely on the top of my list to get. I'll be moving movies and mp3s to the pro duo so I can enjoy them on the go. There's plenty of games that I'm interested in, even at launch and afterwards. Can't wait.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax']Fine, facts:

There are your facts.

- The Nintendo DS is a piece of junk thats not only uncomfortable to hold, but completely superfluous and inadequate in design.
- Nintendo already has Mario 64 DS and is coming out with Mario Kart (64) DS, and had a craptastic launch.[/quote]

Wow I am going to stay out of this..

Ok well maybe not..

Lets see

As far as you r PS2 breaking that has very little to do with the Class Action Lawsuit consumers had to put on Sony to get them to stand behind their product. Ps2's break its a well known and documented fact.

Nintendo is the largest video game publisher in the world (based on sales) givent he fact that there are millions more PS2's than Cubes and nintendo still outperforms Sony in sales says something. You "fact" that Sony publishes more first party games is actually funny given what I just wrote.

So a larger library means better?

I will leave your opinions as that but what are you talking about Sony forbid companies from doing ports?

There are a million PSP discussion threads, this one is about mp3's and the psp, and whether it functions well as an mp3 player. This thread has turned into a Nintendo vs. Sony thread. Can we get back to the topic? Does anyone think the PSP has a chance as an mp3 player as big as it is with memory stick capacity. The thing is, memory stick mp3 players are as big as memory sticks almost, what is the point of having an mp3 player as big as the psp if it isn't hard drive based like an ipod.

This is basically just the 'how big of a Memory Stick DUO should I get?' thread. If all you care about is games you'll probably never need any more than a 32 or 64 MB stick. Any deeper investment indicates a secondary interest as well.

It's nearly impossible to create a powerful microprocessor based device without giving consideration to the other things it might do with nothing more than additional firmware. This is especially true if the device is going to be a portable consumer item. The question always looms, "Can we sell them more stuff after they've got the base device?" That is, after all, the heart and soul of why the device exists in the first place.

Portability is what really changes the potential into reality. Secondary applications have been a part of consoles as long as there have been consoles. The most common early on were expansions with keyboards and a BASIC interpreter. It's not just a game system, it can be a home computer! Big failure. People who wanted computers already had ample opportunity to get them and it wasn't any great gain in convenience to do it on a kludgy game console add-on.

Then came the CD-ROM. Just about every CD add-on CD based console also supported playing audio CDs. They even had the CD+G mode to add an element pure audio players lacked. By and large nobody cared. Unless you were really enraptured with the primitive display of CD+G discs it felt stupid and wasteful to leave the TV on to play and audio disc.

A few systems offered MPEG-1 VCD playback but this too was a non-starter since the format was largely ignored outside of Asia and was plagued by rampant piracy. The generally low quality of VCDs didn't offer much of an advantage over the VHS players people already except in media durability. An interesting novelty but not a significant business to supplement the game publishing revenue.

Sony hit the jackpot with DVD playback on the PS2. Sony's position in the DVD patent pool made it feasible to give away playback on their already subsidized hardware. Finally, a secondary application for a game console that made sense in all major markets. It required nothing more than the addition of software and DVD players occupied an identical to the TV as a game machine within the home.

As I said, portability changes things. While very few people saw fit to use game systems as their home audio players, people who are more interested in portable game systems than personal audio players are a ripe market. There is no question that the PSP's bulk puts it at a disadvantage to a dedicated player but there is one important difference. The gamer is already carrying the game player and, not having seen fit to invest in a MP3 player previously, is now even less inclined to add another bit of cargo at an expense that could be applied to games. But if that game system can do the job, albeit not as well, it may get the nod just by virtue of already being at hand.

This make even more sense for portable movie playback. The PSP is bulky for an audio player but completely on par with video players of comparable display quality, and a good deal cheaper thanks to its heavily subsidized price of entry. Like DVD playback on the PS2, this is where a secondary function enlists both of the machines major attributes: processing power and display.

I'm hard put to believe that Sony is going to do a great business in UMD movies but supporting the conversion of legitimately purchased DVDs for portable playback can be a good boost to that business. Most DVDs have enough unused capacity that the MPEG-4 file(s) could be included, ready to transfer to Memory Stick.

Remember, Apple's iTunes Store doesn't exist to make money on music sales. It exists to promote iPOD sales.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='Gameboy415']Well I wouldn't use the PSP as an mp3 player anyways, b/c I have my wonderful I-RIVER. Its kinda nice to provide the funtionality for people who want it, but most people who want an mp3 player, already have one.....

BUT

I love my I-River.[/quote]

Hell yeah!

*high five*

What model do you have? I've got the H340 (40 Gig) and I just put the newest Korean firmware on it so now I can watch video on it! WOO![/quote]

I have the color 40 Gb--how do I get that stuff to make teh video on teh thing!?! Woah, I NEED THAT PLEASE SHARE. I'd love to download TV shows and watch them on my IRiver on the road--THAT WOULD OWN. PLEASE SHARE.

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax']Fine, facts:

There are your facts.

- Nintendo already has Mario 64 DS and is coming out with Mario Kart (64) DS, and had a craptastic launch.[/quote]

Wow I am going to stay out of this..

Ok well maybe not..

Lets see

As far as you r PS2 breaking that has very little to do with the Class Action Lawsuit consumers had to put on Sony to get them to stand behind their product. Ps2's break its a well known and documented fact.

Nintendo is the largest video game publisher in the world (based on sales) givent he fact that there are millions more PS2's than Cubes and nintendo still outperforms Sony in sales says something. You "fact" that Sony publishes more first party games is actually funny given what I just wrote.

So a larger library means better?

I will leave your opinions as that but what are you talking about Sony forbid companies from doing ports?[/quote]

Way to misinterpret data. Yeah that may be true, everything you said, BUT NOT IN TERMS OF HOME CONSOLES. Nintendo has a monopoly on the handheld market--so of course almost every person in the developed world has a gameboy, and they pump gameboy games out of their ass at massive rate. Nintendo dominates IN THIS RESPECT--the Gameboy is KEEPING the company afloat. But simply discussing HOME consoles, as in the GCN and the PS2, everything I've said is true.

[quote name='phatbunbao']interesting since im trying to decide between an ipod or a psp what do u guys think i should do?[/quote]

iRiver :)

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='David85']So because you personally like Sony more this is supposed to mean something to us?[/quote]

One way that the Gamecube is much better than any shit Sony will make, it won't break in a day. And that's a fact, unlike your opinion "facts".[/quote]
Wait, how many nintendo 64 games (the physical game, cart) can the Gamecube play? Thats what I thought... What kinds of music CDs can you play on the GC? Oh shit, you can't... What games can you play online with the GC? Snap!

Yeah theres your extra functions...

Also, you could just as easily break a GC and you could a PS2, if I drop them both off a 40 story building the first day I bought them, they'd not only be broke in a day, It'd also be a great waste of money. The PS2 works just fine, had mine since launch and nothing is wrong with it. I guess if you would treat your stuff with a little TLC it'd last longer... The Cube is probably the same, works great as long as you don't abuse it.

Hey, Sony is in the business to make money...and they've found that if a PS2 breaks three times during the generation of the consoles, they sell three times as much.

Simple economics.... "How to make money like SONY."

1. Release a much-valued product at extremely limited supply creating a demand higher than any in store display could ever do.

2. Create the first batch with planned obsolescence DVD drives and overheating issues... (Worked for the PS1!!)

3. Make the consumer buy 3 PS2's during the lifetime of the console standard generation.

4. Repeat.

[quote name='msdmoney']There are a million PSP discussion threads, this one is about mp3's and the psp, and whether it functions well as an mp3 player. This thread has turned into a Nintendo vs. Sony thread. Can we get back to the topic? Does anyone think the PSP has a chance as an mp3 player as big as it is with memory stick capacity. The thing is, memory stick mp3 players are as big as memory sticks almost, what is the point of having an mp3 player as big as the psp if it isn't hard drive based like an ipod.[/quote]
The PSP won't work as an MP3 player, IMO. For playing a decent amount of music, you'd need a 1GB memory stick, wich costs about $100. Then take into account that the majority of the people who might be inclined to use the game system as anything other than a game system probably already have an ipod or an iriver, or another mp3 player.

While those reasons aren't that great, it's really just that I don't see the PSP becoming a viable MP3 player. Ever. Of course, that won't stop me from buying a 1GB memory stick and using the PSP as a movie player.

[quote name='Mouse'][quote name='msdmoney']There are a million PSP discussion threads, this one is about mp3's and the psp, and whether it functions well as an mp3 player. This thread has turned into a Nintendo vs. Sony thread. Can we get back to the topic? Does anyone think the PSP has a chance as an mp3 player as big as it is with memory stick capacity. The thing is, memory stick mp3 players are as big as memory sticks almost, what is the point of having an mp3 player as big as the psp if it isn't hard drive based like an ipod.[/quote]
The PSP won't work as an MP3 player, IMO. For playing a decent amount of music, you'd need a 1GB memory stick, wich costs about $100. Then take into account that the majority of the people who might be inclined to use the game system as anything other than a game system probably already have an ipod or an iriver, or another mp3 player.

While those reasons aren't that great, it's really just that I don't see the PSP becoming a viable MP3 player. Ever. Of course, that won't stop me from buying a 1GB memory stick and using the PSP as a movie player.[/quote]

The primary reason for the higher cost of Memory Stick compared to toher flash formats is the limited number of devices supporting it. Built-in MS slots on a Sony laptop PC such as my own do not count. I mean devices where the flash card card is a critical item, such as a camera or audio player. Sony withdrew their Clie PDA line from the US market last year, reducing demand even more.

However, if the PSP does the kind of numbers Sony is hoping for, this will quickly add millions of Memory Stick customers to the market. With increased volumes the prices could be brought more in line with similar sized formats like SD. On top of this a new generation of 8 gigiabit flash chips will be appearing in 2005. These will reduce prices considerably. Expect to see 1 GB SD card for under $30 by next Xmas season. Memory Stick will still be more expensive but will be much more affordable in terms of encouraging the secondary applications of the PSP.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax'][quote name='David85']So because you personally like Sony more this is supposed to mean something to us?[/quote]

...................fuck YOU. You sould stop posting about this right now. First off, it is obvious that you are a big PS2 fanboy considering how much better you belive it is than all other systems.....

second off, you know nothing about game systems do you. Do you have an xbox, do you know that it is worse than the gc which is worse than the ps2, so you say.......your very wrong.
I have a ps2, xbox, and gc, and i only play my xbox....why you might ask, BECAUSE IT BLOWS PS2 OUT OF THE WATER.
You were busting on GC about not having any extra features, well lets compare your precious ps2 to xbox.

Music Cd playback:Both
DVD:pS2 wins here since you dont need to buy a playback kit
Hard Drive:Only Xbox
Music playback in game:Only Xbox
Online:Both

it looks like in the extra features area it looks like xbox has better ones, xbox isn't missing one of those features...........

Now on to games and graphics. Since you dont have one(an xbox), you probably dont know that ps2's graphics(on most games) look like shit compared to xbox games. I recentally bought Atv off road fury 3............a game produced by SONY, and it looks like complete crap, i would say that when it comes to platformers and such ps2 blows xbox out of the water since the main xbox platformer is Blinx(which is fun, but not quite and good as ratchet & clank and jak games).

I dont like to rip on Noobies, but mabey you should get some of your facts straight before you decide to open your mout...............type on the keyboard.............

oh and for a last thought, i thought the xbox was a piece of crap too until i got one and now i know why it is superior.

bread's done
Back