The Raven vs Tommy Dreamer meets Get Well Randy Orton Wrestling Topic!

ronsimmons3sr6.jpg

That was unexpected.

I'll save the complaints about not building up Punk before making him champ because that was cool and unexpected, and that god awful spinner belt is finally off Raw.

Now, how long until they take the belt away from Punk?

After reading through the old thread after the PPV I was thinking to myself "why the hell didn't Punk cash in the case?" The answer was so that I could see it on TV. For once WWE actually did something completely right by me. I haven't marked out for anything wrestling related in so long.

I'm certainly pleased; can't think of how long it's been since I've been this excited for a WWE, or hell, wrestling moment in general. RVD's title win at ONS 2006?

Very pleasant surprise there - Raw's title scene finally feels fresh for the first time in a long while. Edge losing via the MITB case is incredibly fitting, as he's made use of that twice to win world gold, and then fell prey to his own tactic - good stuff. Excellent celebration as well - that was more exciting than anything on the PPV.

Yes, RVD treated the ECW Title as the more important belt, but realistically, it wasn't. Show's reign was a mixed bag of helpful for the title (the Flair match), and hurtful (the Batista match, and towards the end of his reign when he could barely move). Lashley's reign was important for it in the sense that it allowed the belt to be part of the biggest money-making match at WM 23, but the last year, barring Punk's win from Morrison, easily the best new-era ECW Title match, hasn't been too good for it, as the Chavo reign did nothing to help it, and Kane's didn't help it either.

woke up my girlfriend, called my cousin at work, and called my friend playing wow: all who shouldve been watching raw cause they missed awesome.
PUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK

heres hoping he isnt fucked over now

[quote name='xcoax']After reading through the old thread after the PPV I was thinking to myself "why the hell didn't Punk cash in the case?" The answer was so that I could see it on TV. For once WWE actually did something completely right by me. I haven't marked out for anything wrestling related in so long.[/quote]

Agreeeeeed, sir!

Let's just hope CM Punk's title reign isn't handled like Rey Jr.'s or Van Dam's.

The WCW World Heavyweight title looks good on Punk. Then again, it's a pretty title. Much better than that damn Spinner.

[quote name='xcoax']After reading through the old thread after the PPV I was thinking to myself "why the hell didn't Punk cash in the case?" The answer was so that I could see it on TV. For once WWE actually did something completely right by me. I haven't marked out for anything wrestling related in so long.[/quote]

Just the fact that Hunter Hearst McMahon is off the screen is all that matters to me. WWE did it right though, this time.

[quote name='chasemurata']Agreeeeeed, sir!

Let's just hope CM Punk's title reign isn't handled like Rey Jr.'s or Van Dam's.

The WCW World Heavyweight title looks good on Punk. Then again, it's a pretty title. Much better than that damn Spinner.[/quote]

At least we can all take solace in knowing that Punk won't have to drop the belt because of violating the Wellness Policy.

I decided to try Raw for the first time in over 8 months and I'm recording it now. I figure I'll give a HHH-free show another shot.

[quote name='Sporadic']
69658e4e45a2dab29fa8930pv7.jpg
[/quote]

+10 cool points, Sporadic. :lol:

[quote name='Purple Flames']At least we can all take solace in knowing that Punk won't have to drop the belt because of violating the Wellness Policy.[/quote]

Hehehe... true, true. Van Dam really did fuck up his opportunity.

"YOU ARE NOT THE BATMAN" - God bless Santino. Punk vs. JBL...well, I was expecting JBL vs. Kofi at some point, but this could work out well as far as giving Punk a win over a former WWE Champion in his first defense. May God help WWE if they have JBL win the gold.

Punk will lose it tonight.

Welp, everybody said he couldn't do it and he did. Didn't say he could keep it for longer than 24 hours.

Well, if Punk does lose the title tonight, at least he will have held a World title longer than certain reigns of Andre the Giant, Yokozuna, and Randy Orton.

That is the GAYEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Even gayer than Billy, Chuck and Rico combined. WHY oh WHY did he have to take the belt from Edge and not HHH?!?!?! :'(

Moment of slience, please.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']JBL becomes champ tonight! YEAH.[/quote]
I'm going to light a candle and hope that you're right.

Fatal 4way between Batista, Punk, JBL, and Cena. Punk loses because of JBL and gets in a feud with him. Cena wins with Vince's help because he turns heel.

I will blow up the internet if Cena wins the title tonight.

[quote name='lmz00']That is the GAYEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Even gayer than Billy, Chuck and Rico combined. WHY oh WHY did he have to take the belt from Edge and not HHH?!?!?! :'([/QUOTE]

Raw need to get rid of that horrible looking spinner Cena unleashed on Raw.

I would rather see Cena as champ than CM Punk, and that's saying something.

And I don't get why the fans boo everytime SmackDown is mentioned, as if they wouldn't have gone to see it, had it been in OKC instead of RAW.

They should use HHH being on SD and Cena being on RAW as an excuse to go back to the original belt, but they won't.

[quote name='lmz00']I would rather see Cena as champ than CM Punk, and that's saying something.[/QUOTE]
What? That you're a mark?

[quote name='Brak']What? That you're a mark?[/quote]
If being able to put up with Cena's lame ass gimmick slightly more than Punk's even lamer gimmick makes me a mark, then sure. ;)

I'm amazed that looking at the Raw titles:

World: CM Punk
IC: Kingston
Tag: DiBiase & Rhodes
Women's: Mickie

If you had told me a year ago... hell, a month ago... jesus, even earlier tonight... that THIS would be our Raw champions line-up, I would have said you were fucking crazy. Outside of Mickie, it's all relatively unestablished talent, and that's downright amazing for Raw.

They keep going this route, and I may just start watching faithfully again.

DiBiase just having "Priceless" lead into his father's theme would be fine, instead of this shit, which sounds worse than Cade and Murdoch's theme. I can see JBL losing tonight, then becoming GM, as he's apparently re-retiring again because of his bad back.

Why no matches on Raw tonight. Was those tickets given away free? I would be so pissed if i paid 30 on up for tickets just to see this crap

Gibson and Burchill really should be on ECW contending for the ECW World Heavyweight title. =/

And Burchill needs his Ripper hood.

[quote name='007']I'm amazed that looking at the Raw titles:

World: CM Punk
IC: Kingston
Tag: DiBiase & Rhodes
Women's: Mickie

If you had told me a year ago... hell, a month ago... jesus, even earlier tonight... that THIS would be our Raw champions line-up, I would have said you were fucking crazy. Outside of Mickie, it's all relatively unestablished talent, and that's downright amazing for Raw.

They keep going this route, and I may just start watching faithfully again.[/quote]

i made that note as well, every champ on the "a show" is currently under the age of 30 which is crazy.

bread's done
Back