The RE4 chainsaw controller.

xzafixz

CAGiversary!
gc-re4-chainsaw.jpg

How the heck are you supposed to hold this thing?

EDIT: Linkage for those interested http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3521

That is still the most hardcore controller I've seen to date :shock:

Left hand on black handle, right hand at the end of the chainsaw (?)

[quote name='guyver2077']is there a link to the product?[/quote]

Eh, sorry about that, link added to OP.

What is Nuby's track record with their controllers? Do they break easy or cause problems with your Gamecube?

It would look sweet sitting on your shelf, especially when family comes over and you have a bloody chainsaw on display.

Looks like the blade part comes off for game play but you can put it back in and then on it's stand that it's sitting on when're not playing it.

I think the price may be accurate. NubyTech really does not make the most quality products.

as much as I want this, it will probably just end up being a mantle piece (meaning I may wait until a price drop)

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='guyver2077']k kool. well i noticed gamestop has it for 29.99

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801897[/quote]

I wouldn't trust Gamestops price on it, it looks fairy large and quality, I doubt it would be under 40.[/quote]

Its mostly air and cheap plastic, it can't be that expensive. Its not like theres hardcore technology in it like a bemani controller.

Doesn't Nuby make the DBZ controllers? If so then I don't trust them as I've bought two and they've broken relatively quickly without much tossing around done. I stick with the Sony-brand controllers, which takes abuse more easily.

[quote name='guyver2077']"officially licensed"[/quote]

that means a lot to me personally. Nintendo has really good quality control, so I have a feeling I can trust this to be a good product

Hope it ends up being half as nice as the Onimusha sword

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Doesn't Nuby make the DBZ controllers? If so then I don't trust them as I've bought two and they've broken relatively quickly without much tossing around done. I stick with the Sony-brand controllers, which takes abuse more easily.[/quote]

Um...wrong forum, at least pretend you have a GameCube and say Nintendo brand controllers. Or don't show your specific bias and say, "I stick with first-party controllers" (I always do, I found out the hard way that 3rd party controllers can't be trusted).

Well, I (finally) played the demo at my local gamestop, and I think it may be possible to play it with that chainsaw. You really only use the control stick, A, B, and L. It certainly seems feasable, even though I can't imagine anyone wanting to.

gc-re4-chainsaw.jpg

Quite possibly the strangest controller to ever come out.

Features
Massive design but reasonable weight for perfect gameplay experience

Based on an actual chainsaw

Offers all buttons of a standard GameCube controller

Officially Licensed by Capcom

Officially Licensed by Nintendo

TOPIC Merged by NFG

Contains Sound-Chip imitating roar of the chainsaw when vibrates

[quote name='Scorch']Old? Repost? What aren't you going to say?[/quote]

Well I don't think the controller was posted before, just a diagram of what it would look like.

i want one of these.... and i have no clue why..

looks like it would be hard to use... also i'm not that big of a fan of resident evil but i want to try that controller...

This looks sweet :p .

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=75&products_id=6041&"?lsaid=330934

TOPIC Merged by NFG

$50? Glad I preordered mine when GameStop had them marked for $30 (they upped the price to $50 now). I guess I won't be cancelling after all.

bread's done
Back