The Real Ghostbusters coming to DVD in massive 26-disc set (sorry, Slimer!, too)

Wow, this is surprising. I've only seen a few episodes of this show, but they were pretty painful. They effectively demonstrated everything that was bad about 80s "Saturday morning" animation. Not quite Captain N bad, but close.

[quote name='siderealshift']Wow, this is surprising. I've only seen a few episodes of this show, but they were pretty painful. They effectively demonstrated everything that was bad about 80s "Saturday morning" animation. Not quite Captain N bad, but close.[/QUOTE]

You probably caught the later episodes then. The show started out very funny and well-written. The Boogieman episodes stand out as my favorite. There was also a Star Trek parody at some point.

I didn't love Extreme Ghostbusters, but the 2-part pilot is definitely worth watching.
The guy in the wheelchair though... Oh man, that still hurts my brain.

Awesome! Many people including myself are waiting for this. I wish I could have known-bought Vol 1-3 at DD's Sony 3 for $15 yesterday, oh well. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Do they bill you instantly or do they wait until it actually ships? I hate to pay for it all sometime next month when it won't even ship until mid November.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know the same thing......thanks

[quote name='capybara554321']So did anyone preorder yet?[/QUOTE]

I have my finger on the trigger. Sucks that they are charging 17.99 for shipping now.

Well yo u talked me into it. I used the code TLGHOST for 10% off and TLMISSYOU for $25 off but stupid IL adds on sales tax. here is my total.

Merchandise: $179.99
Promotion -$45.00
Merchandise Subtotal: $134.99

Shipping Charges: $14.99
Sales Tax: $12.15
Merchandise TOTAL: $162.13
ORDER TOTAL $162.13

[quote name='capybara554321']Well yo u talked me into it. I used the code TLGHOST for 10% off and TLMISSYOU for $25 off but stupid IL adds on sales tax. here is my total.

Promotion -$45.00

ORDER TOTAL $162.13[/QUOTE]

Nice! I just hope the set is done properly.

No tax in California. :)
Also, the two coupons do not stack. :(

[quote name='capybara554321']Well yo u talked me into it. I used the code TLGHOST for 10% off and TLMISSYOU for $25 off but stupid IL adds on sales tax. here is my total.

Promotion -$45.00

ORDER TOTAL $162.13[/quote]

I would like to know if they'll charge the card on order date, or shipping date? (Shipping date would be preferred)

Pretty sure it will be priced sub $100. If not, it'll be a tough sell. 26 discs is worth crap these days. Look at the XFiles, STNG, etc.. all dirt cheap, and those are massive sets. Anyways, thanks for the heads up, I also bought the first 3 singles discs 2 years ago, and this will be much better :)

Edit Holy shit, F that, I'll wait a year for when TimeLife pulls their heads out of their asses. That's a ridiculous price, shame on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went for it also... set it up for the 4 month plan..... 59 the first month.... and 45 x3 ..each month after

EDIT: that doesn't seem right.. the total was only 149.99... hmm guess i'll see what happens... and it looks like the MISSYOU coupon isn't working

[quote name='drone8888']Pretty sure it will be priced sub $100. If not, it'll be a tough sell. 26 discs is worth crap these days. Look at the XFiles, STNG, etc.. all dirt cheap, and those are massive sets. Anyways, thanks for the heads up, I also bought the first 3 singles discs 2 years ago, and this will be much better :)

Edit Holy shit, F that, I'll wait a year for when TimeLife pulls their heads out of their asses. That's a ridiculous price, shame on you.[/quote]

When TNG and the other ST series came out it was 100+ dollars. The best deal is when it came out the first week. After that it was like 120 and in other locations it was 150!!!

I might just wait it out til it hits the stores and then use coupons.

[quote name='capybara554321']The firehouse box won. Also if/when the release it in stores it will most likely be by season and be missing the bonus disk[/quote]
That's good on the boxart; I liked the firehouse more.

Hey guys,

The Firehouse boxart did infact win. However it is not the finalized version.. when done it will look more like the firehouse in the cartoon.

The TLMISSYOU coupon expires TOMORROW. I'm sure there will be another oppertunity to get 20-25% off eventually.

The boxset is Region 0.. so it can be used anywhere. BUT they are not shipping these things internationally. You can order the set for the same price (10% discount only) at my site: http://www.gbfans.com/

US people can order through this site: http://www.rgbondvd.com/ and automatically recieve the 10% off until Sept 1st.

This package will not be sold in stores. (Ofcourse.. in time the contract with TL will expire and then left over stocks could be sold to stores. Who knows).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I might just wait it out til it hits the stores and then use coupons.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with Time Life DVDs being sold in stores. Aren't they only sold through Time Life? Anyone know of TL sets that were actually sold in stores, or which came out later and were superior to TL?

Real Ghostbusters will probably appear in stores in some form, but not the same set. For Ren & Stimpy, TL treated the source material much better than Paramount. The TL version is MUCH better, unedited, cleaner, etc (although episodically incomplete). I think their Beavis & Butthead was a cleaner cut, too, but also incomplete.

This COULD end up being the definitive version, but you can't be sure.

That's why I ordered now. :(

There's a new timelife coupon code for $30 off $150. AFGOLD. I messed up and ordered off of the RGB page, thinking that there would be a spot to enter the coupon code after I hit "Order Now". I was supposed to go through the TimeLife store... now I have to see if I can cancel my order, then reorder using the code :whistle2:(.

[quote name='drone8888']Pretty sure it will be priced sub $100. If not, it'll be a tough sell. 26 discs is worth crap these days. Look at the XFiles, STNG, etc.. all dirt cheap, and those are massive sets. Anyways, thanks for the heads up, I also bought the first 3 singles discs 2 years ago, and this will be much better :)

Edit Holy shit, F that, I'll wait a year for when TimeLife pulls their heads out of their asses. That's a ridiculous price, shame on you.[/quote]
where can you get the xifiles dirt cheap??? and what is STNG???

Looks like it will be shipping with steelbook cases inside of the firehouse.

Now I am REALLY tempted to purchase. Are there any coupon codes or anything that still work?

[quote name='ITDEFX']STNG=Star trek: the next generation.[/quote]

Actually it should be ST:TNG, and where is it dirt cheap now-a-days?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Looks like it will be shipping with steelbook cases inside of the firehouse.

Now I am REALLY tempted to purchase. Are there any coupon codes or anything that still work?[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]AFGOLD - $30 off $150 (Expires 10/15/08)

[/FONT]

RGB_TL-BeautyShot.jpg

:drool:

god damn it!!

That is awesome. Will be preordering it direct from TL! Unless best buy fucks us over with a better volume release :bomb:

Isn't time life known to putting out shitty video quality dvds? I think B&BH had this problem before it had a retail release.

I will be fuming mad if I paid so much and it turned out to be a crappy authoring.

fuck yes....do want it now and not 30 days from now...(or less i never ordered from time life before so i dont know how the shipping is)

[quote name='ITDEFX']
RGB_TL-BeautyShot.jpg

:drool:

god damn it!!

That is awesome. Will be preordering it direct from TL! Unless best buy fucks us over with a better volume release :bomb:[/quote]

What could Best Buy release that would be better than this?

Thanks for posting the beautyshot! In for 1, used 15% and flat shipping coupon. Came out the same as using 20% off and some of the other coupons floating around. A must have for me-it's been the year of retro cartoon sets. I just got my UK ed of the complete Transformers series, too. And I am 32!:) Have fun everybody!

[quote name='capybara554321']did anyone else get an email saying their order was canceled?[/QUOTE]

I got 2 of them since I ordered in Sept. It seems that anytime the push back the release date, they send you an email. Maybe you disregarded it?

Am i the only one think this is not going to sell out for a while? I'm really tempted to get this, but it's not cheap for dvds that is... I hope there's a better coupon during the holidays. I'm gonna wait :) It's not like the pre-order is cheaper or anything...

bread's done
Back