The Return of the GameCrazy 3 for $15! Nov 7th-20th

V

Virtua

Yes, it's true! Once again, from November 7th to the 20th, ALL classic games are 3 for $15 at gamecrazy.

Games from the following systems included: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSOne, Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color.
No exclusions, no mvp card needed, cannot be combined with any other offer.

I can't wait to pick up a ton of N64 and dreamcast titles. This was a huge sale last time and I hope everyone takes advantage of it this time again!

I'm pseudo-pumped. I'm losing out on a few precious hours of sleep before work to head over to GameCrazy. Proof of my love for cheap SNES games.

Never been to the one GameCrazy within a reasonable distance, hopefully they will have some worthwhile games after work today.

Well, I just got back. Here's my find.

Paper Mario for n64
Vandal Hearts for ps1
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete for ps1

At first, the guy there could only find Disc 1 of lunar, though at the time I didn't see the disc 1 label. I had him go through another stack of games on the back counter to see what was there. In it were the other 3 discs, which I then noticed the disc numbers. He said they weren't in the inventory yet and he wasn't really suppoesd to sell them. I was nice and he sold them to me so I could have a complete copy. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for that. I know that guy from high school.

As I was sitting here, I just checked the number on their inventory labels and they match. I wonder why disc 1 was separated from the other 3 discs?

i cant wait. too bad my truck is in the shop. i hope my bud or my bro can take me after work. I spent over 100 bucks last time. I know there isnt much left, since i ransacked the place last time. I know i'm grabbing the tengen pac man for sure.

I'm gonna go later on today, i'm waiting for the UPS guy right now I already missed him once.... :cry: Hopefully they'll have some good stuff.

[quote name='erehwon']Well, I just got back. Here's my find.

Paper Mario for n64
Vandal Hearts for ps1
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete for ps1

At first, the guy there could only find Disc 1 of lunar, though at the time I didn't see the disc 1 label. I had him go through another stack of games on the back counter to see what was there. In it were the other 3 discs, which I then noticed the disc numbers. He said they weren't in the inventory yet and he wasn't really suppoesd to sell them. I was nice and he sold them to me so I could have a complete copy. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for that. I know that guy from high school.

As I was sitting here, I just checked the number on their inventory labels and they match. I wonder why disc 1 was separated from the other 3 discs?[/QUOTE]

hey i think my cousin saw you out there ... he picked up

FF X
Civ 2
RPG maker (was shocked it was complete)

other gamecrazy dont have shit

picked up
FF Tactics
V. Story
FF 8

i knew i should of made him hit that maplecrest one first he was looking for a cheap Lunar o well..

What sucks is the Gamecrazy out on dupont he said dont even have a list of games so you have no clue what they have

im glad he said they didnt have nothing cause i didnt want to spend 200 bucks like last time

hopefully that game wasnt sitting on the back counter (against the ps2 games on the wall) That stack is games that people work there are mostly holding for themself (another reason why they are not in the inventory)

Well, I really cashed in on this last time, so I'm not surprised that I walked away with nothing this time around. Any decent game that I found was disc-only, so I didn't buy anything. Oh well! I got some good DVDs today somewhere else anyway.

Anyone interested in Street Fighter PS2 controllers, they're only $10 at Game Crazy (at mine anyway -- Army Trail in Illinois)

Edit: Plus, at a local Disc Replay, I found F-Zero for SNES with dustcover and instruction manual for $4 - which I never would have found had I not headed out for this sale. So, uh, thanks OP!

Yea, I remember him asking about Civ 2. The guy there at the maplecrest GC was having pretty hard time looking through all of those ps1 games. They weren't in order very well. I was checking the list there and it said they had super mario rpg. Unfortunately the list was an old one and they didn't have it. I didn't see any other good snes games. I just wish more of their games came with the original cases.

[quote name='slidecage']
hopefully that game wasnt sitting on the back counter (against the ps2 games on the wall) That stack is games that people work there are mostly holding for themself (another reason why they are not in the inventory)[/QUOTE]

Yea, discs 2,3 and the bonus were in that stack. Disc 1 was with all the other ps1 games. I thought that was weird.

I really hope he doesn't get in trouble for that.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, discs 2,3 and the bonus were in that stack. Disc 1 was with all the other ps1 games. I thought that was weird.

I really hope he doesn't get in trouble for that.[/QUOTE]

did it have a name on it cause come think about it there is usually two stacks.. one is the hold stack and no clue what the other stack is... cause i remember going to the dupont one on the first sale and finding TOS 2 in that second pile

also they might of broke it apart to save space. it would been nice if they had more complete games. My cousin said the 10 games he asked to look up was all disc only. he was going to pick me up a memory card for 5 but i told him im glad he passed i can get them for 3 at eb

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I thought this started tomorrow ( the 7th)?[/QUOTE]

well on the 5th almost all the SNES games were already marked 5 bucks no matter what they were

I didn't notice any names on the stack. So I hope it was all right.

I do feel sorry for the guys there when they have to do inventory. Atleast 80 to 85% of all their ps1 games are in those plain white envelopes. I wish they just had a spot where customers could just search through all of those.

So you said the mem cards are $3 at eb? I could always use a few extra.

Hit the redford gamecrazy at 12 and they had absolutely nothing. Well, theyhad a copy of paper mario in terrible condition (label halfway torn off) that I decided not to bother with. The best ps1 game they had was "ninja the stealth assasin". Snes game selection was amazing though, with such classics as "taz in taz mania" and "super bass master"

nothing at La Verne store CA..
for anyone interested.. i saw paper mario N64 though .. already have it..
thought about Mischief Maker and Beetle racing.. but can't find the third game and paying $15 cash for those 3 are kinda.. hmmm oh well.

Hit up 3 gamecrazy's in Austin...got stuff at 2 of them.

I got Mario Tennis, Final Fight 2, and Strider 2 (ps1, disc only) at the first one and then I got Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Golf, and Kirby 64 at the other.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hit the redford gamecrazy at 12 and they had absolutely nothing... Snes game selection was amazing though, with such classics as "taz in taz mania" and "super bass master"[/QUOTE]
The sarcasm! Ohhhh the sarcasm.

Has anyone hit up the NYC stores yet? With cheapy gone I don't what's up in the fair city!!

I was able to pick up the following:

NES:
Dragon Warrior IV
Final Fantasy (2 copies) (1 available for trade)
Kid Icarus (2 copies) (2 available for trade)
Mega Man 3
Ultima: Exodus ($1.99)

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country III

N64:
Bust A Move 2
Ogre Battle 64 (available for trade)
Snowboard Kids 2
Super Smash Bros.
Yoshi's Story

PS1 (all disc only except as noted):
Arc The Lad Collection (available for trade)
Breath Of Fire 3
Bubble Bobble
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition (available for trade)
Koudelka (manual and discs)
Medievil 2 (complete) (available for trade)
Ray Crisis (complete)

DC:
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles (complete)

I started a trade thread for this deal here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1468001#post1468001

Austintown, OH

PS1
Tobal #1 (non-gh)
Legend of Dragoon (non-gh)

NES
Mega Man 4

N64
Mario Golf
Mario Party 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario 64
Command & Conquer

They have a TON of 64 games, multiples of near everything. They also had a stack of guides on the table for free - since they don't take in used guides. Got for Free:

RE4
KOTOR II
Alundra
Dark Cloud 2
Arc the Lad EOD
Golden Sun Lost Age
RE CVX

PLUS, they had a box full of promo stuff - picked up a few demos, lanyards, a Makai Kingdom artbook and a Castlevanie CoD soundtrack. The employees name is Nick, and he rocks.

**Of note, he said there was a guy that was waiting there before opening, and picked up almot all of the rare stuff. Nick said he got a MINT Arc Collection and a MINT Shining Force, and that he only shows up for sales like this. Someone wanna fess up, or is it a Fatwallet'r? :)

Dave

sounds like an ass hole, regardless of origin, although we all know we'd have done the same had we found those games. still, you lucked the hell out with all the freebies.

Is this sale only at certain GC stores, or do the cashiers have to do anything special to get the 3 for $15 prices? When I asked the guy at my local GC about the sale, he just gave me a blank stare and told me about some sale starting on the 25th. I even had him ring up 3 different N64 titles, and he said they rang up normal price. (The carts he rang up were 3 random crap titles from the case, like Daikatana and Dark Rift, so I doubt he was lying so he could buy them later.)

Went to 2 Gamecrazys in Houston and they had nothing.......... worse sale ever.......... they had crappy PS1 games that they even put in a glass case at both stores.......... weird.

[quote name='erehwon']I didn't notice any names on the stack. So I hope it was all right.

I do feel sorry for the guys there when they have to do inventory. Atleast 80 to 85% of all their ps1 games are in those plain white envelopes. I wish they just had a spot where customers could just search through all of those.

So you said the mem cards are $3 at eb? I could always use a few extra.[/QUOTE]

you might want to test out those games as well... they might not be put into the system cause they dont work. that is another reason they might not be in the system... yea i seen Ps1 memory cards at Eb for 2.99 each. got to watch what you grab cause some of those 3rd party cards wont work in the slim ps2.

yea i went nuts at the last one and i went over to the maplecrest one today around 2pm and the dude couldnt find one single game i asked about........... they should let people flip though them. put them in stacks of 20 or so .. i was shocked that you even found Lunar 2 or Paper mario i wonder who traded those in since the last sale...

im going over to eb later to pick up a Memory card tonigh so i can play the CIV2 they picked up.. I been looking for that game for some time and the cheapest place was Ebgames for 12.99

i might take the RPG maker over to mcvans later in the week and pick up front mission 3 or another high level game ( Nice thing RPG maker is Top level so they can get any other top level PS1 rpg ) I would keep it but I would rather use the RPG maker 3 i got

you can alwasy find 2 games and stuck looking for a third

im very tempted to go back and pick up another 3 games for 15 Thursday if they got anything left (only time i be back on that side of town)

Has anyone had any luck at the dupont store?? it would been nice if they had a booklet of games to look at (then again everything overthere would be disc only as well)

So... you're supposed to think of games off the top of your head that you're looking for? Or do at least some stores let you look through the games? Other than a few must-have games, there are very few that I will likely remember to ask about if that's what I have to do.

[quote name='botticus']So... you're supposed to think of games off the top of your head that you're looking for? Or do at least some stores let you look through the games? Other than a few must-have games, there are very few that I will likely remember to ask about if that's what I have to do.[/QUOTE]

some stores have printed up list of what they had in stock a few weeks ago. others you have to guess at what you want (that is why i didnt get nothing at dupont i couldnt remember any games i was looking for after i asked about the 4th game)

[quote name='botticus']So... you're supposed to think of games off the top of your head that you're looking for? Or do at least some stores let you look through the games? Other than a few must-have games, there are very few that I will likely remember to ask about if that's what I have to do.[/QUOTE]

Well, some stores will print out a list of what they have in stock for certain systems if you ask the cashier nicely and they aren't busy. One of the stores I went to today actually just let me go behind the counter and flip through the PS1 and DC games because their printer was out of ink and they couldn't just print lists. They've also brought entire boxes of cartridge games out from the back for me to look through as well. Just be nice to the workers and they'll generally help you out. The more of this stuff they get rid of, the less they'll have to inventory the next time around.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']too much work for having to pay for games........[/QUOTE]

What? There's hardly any work at all involved. Ask the cashier if they have a game, they look it up and tell you if they have it or not.

I've made out like a bandit during these sales and I actually enjoy flipping through games and hoping to find a rare gem.

I realize that may be a lot of work for you since writing more than a sentence in most of your posts seems to be taxing for you.

Ah well... I guess since I'm planning on going straight from work after traffic dies down in that direction, I'll have to try to think of a list beforehand.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, some stores will print out a list of what they have in stock for certain systems if you ask the cashier nicely and they aren't busy. One of the stores I went to today actually just let me go behind the counter and flip through the PS1 and DC games because their printer was out of ink and they couldn't just print lists. They've also brought entire boxes of cartridge games out from the back for me to look through as well. Just be nice to the workers and they'll generally help you out. The more of this stuff they get rid of, the less they'll have to inventory the next time around.[/QUOTE]

That was the same thing they did for me on the last sale. Today, I went at 1 PM and no one had even been in about the sale. The girl working the counter said, she just got the info this morning.

While not nearly as good as the last sale (for me anyway), I did find and purchase the following:

PS1:

Parasite Eve Complete non GH(without the extra demo disk)

N64: (All Cart Only)

Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Yoshi's Story
Zelda Majora's Mask (Holo Cart)

All are available for possible trade or sale.

I went to two stores (Gaithersburg and Germantown, MD) and they knew nothing about the sale. The guy behind the counter in Gaithersburg gave me a look like I was nuts when I asked. At any rate, they didn't have much to choose from in terms of good titles, but I was still hoping to pick up a few of the more expensive N64 titles.

[quote name='ryosnk']I got outrigger (DC), marvel vs capcom 2 (DC), and time crisis w/gun (ps1), so thanks op for the info.[/QUOTE]

ur so lucky. after going to 3 stores my fav. store got mvc2 but it's broken :( :(
they also got record of lodoss war but that was wayyyy too used i was like nope.
this is what i got after looking for a good hour...

all ps1 games lol.
Tales of Destiny: very fine condition not near mint tho.
Dragon Warrior 7: mint disks
Legend of Mana: very fine, and complete.
========================

I would like to thank the OP for posting this i really apprecite it, i'm 1 step closer to completing my rpg collection w/cheaper prices :bouncy:

You know what's more disappointing than having a list of games and not getting any of them? If the reason for this is that the clerk at Hollywood Video says "This used to be a GameCrazy..." and now the nearest one is about a half hour away.

It always amazes me when I post these 3 for $15 sales and hear all the stories about stupid employees at certain gamecrazy stores. Customer service isn't that difficult, people! neither is organizing your old generation games! Neither is printing off an inventory list.. that takes all of 5 min and about 4 keystrokes... morons..

btw I haven't been to my gamecrazy for this yet but I'm hoping to pick up a few Genesis games (Phantasy Star 3!) and N64 titles that are overpriced. Mortal Kombat Trilogy and a few others.

yep i had to have them print an inventory list for me today. took like 15 min.

one of the stores didn't know this was happening until he went on his comp and checked it out. i'm like wow.....very professional.

For $31.96 between two stores, I got...

From the GameCrazy on Rt. 4 in Hamilton, OH:

Legend of Mana - Marked $24.99. In a clear, plastic case, cracked, no manual. Disc is great.
Breath of Fire IV - Marked $12.99. Missing manual, cracked case, back cover art is strangely upside down. Disc is a little dusty, smudgy, and lightly scratched.
Killing Instinct Gold - Marked $12.99. Cart only, little bit of durt.

Total cost before deal: $50.97
Total cost after deal plus tax: $15.98

Discount: $34.99

From the GameCrazy on Main St. in Hamilton, OH:

Legend of Dragoon GH - Marked $9.99. Cracked case. All four discs look good, no manual.
Vandal Hearts - Marked $4.99. Cracked case, no manual, space for a second disc (with a picture of Suikoden)? Disc is good.
Tobal No. 1 - Marked $4.99. Cracked case, no manual, another space for a second disc? Disc is good. Comment from the employee that he would never see another Tobal No. 1 in his lifetime.

Total cost before deal: $19.97
Total cost after deal plus tax: $15.98

Discount: $3.99

I still have two more stores in my area. I'll hit them up later this week.

Got
Tomba: 12.99
Devil Dice 12.99
Parasite Eve 7.99

WOO and I'll go back tomorrow, see if I can pick up some other little stuffs.

I just called my GameCrazy and some old lady answered after about 2 minutes. I asked if they were having the deal, and she just said no, thank you, and hung up. WTF?! Should I just go anyway because it's not even 2 miles away...

[quote name='aoLat']I just called my GameCrazy and some old lady answered after about 2 minutes. I asked if they were having the deal, and she just said no, thank you, and hung up. WTF?! Should I just go anyway because it's not even 2 miles away...[/QUOTE]Why even ask? Duh. Go.

Dang. Good luck all!

Not a huge deal to me tho, seeing how I got around 50 games during the last sale (pretty much all the classics I wanted! haha!), the local GameCrazy shut down, and I live on the other side of the globe now....

Post your findings tho!

Do you have to buy 3 games for the deal to work? I just went to my local GameCrazy and noticed...a very rare game, in good condition for N64. I asked if I could get it and the guy said yes. As he was reaching into the case to get it, I asked him if they were doing the 3 for $15 deal and he said yeah. I asked if I could just get that game for $5 and he said no. :cry:

bread's done
Back