The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Ziggler, I'm kind of glad that Cesaro is going in the Chamber instead. Putting Ziggler so soon from coming off injury doesn't make a great deal of sense. Cesaro is at least healthy and will put on a hell of a performance.

fuck it, have Christian win and give him a final like 6-month run as a scrappy underdog champ before he retires. It'd be more interesting than what they are currently doing.
That would actually make me very happy, but given what the WWE has been doing lately it seems more likely that El Torito will become WWE WHC. :lol:

The network launch probably helps out Christian's position on the card more than anything.  Similar to the way the Outlaws are currently being featured.

Last edited by a moderator:
bqnyd3f.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:( Steve Bradley was the dude who took a chair from Austin in that ad.

He passed away a few years ago.

LOL at the Punk chants starting within 2 seconds of Orton talking at the top of the show. Have a feeling this crowd won't live up to the last few though.

Chanting for 15 seconds and then being silent doesn't really "hijack" anything.

They've done it before.  I want to say with the You screwed Matt chants but I might be wrong.  I know they muted some chants in the past.  

Emma had some of the worst female dancing since Elaine from Seinfeld.  And, apparently, that was over in NXT.  Reminds me of when Dancing Homer got called up to Capital City.

I hate that I want to get so invested in the Wyatts/Shield feud when it's probably going to be a one-and-done loss for The Shield. For now I'll just enjoy what will hopefully be a couple more weeks of Bray vs. Ambrose promos.

Just reading results, but they are already fucking up, have the participants in the elimination chamber fight each other in various matches up until the PPV, it'll help build interest, certainly better than Sheamus vs. Axel and a Christian vs. Swagger rematch. You could even have a huge upset that helps build WM matches. Have Cesaro beat Cena because of Wyatt Interfence. Simple. And while you're at it, Wyatts vs. Shield in one on one or two-man tags would help build that feud too, not Wyatts vs. three guys who are never getting a serious push.

Guess they're taking the laziest route possible to get to shoehorning Bryan into Punk's feud. Match with Kane, match with H after.

Maybe it's my own fault b/c I was paying half attention, but I swore that the Orton/Bryan match was for the title last night. I marked hard when he finally won, and deflated half-a-second later.

Maybe in watching halfway, I had convinced myself that WWE was going to hurriedly put the belt on Bryan as a means of quieting Punk fans. Oh, well. It was a really good match until Kane came in. Overbearing authority figures whose sole focus is to destroy the product/company/talent is so day-old-bread it's unreal. I don't think pro wrestling needs a new talent to break through to the mainstream in order to "hit" again as much as they need writers and owners who are willing to take risks with the presentation of the product.

Maybe it's my own fault b/c I was paying half attention, but I swore that the Orton/Bryan match was for the title last night. I marked hard when he finally won, and deflated half-a-second later.

Maybe in watching halfway, I had convinced myself that WWE was going to hurriedly put the belt on Bryan as a means of quieting Punk fans. Oh, well. It was a really good match until Kane came in. Overbearing authority figures whose sole focus is to destroy the product/company/talent is so day-old-bread it's unreal. I don't think pro wrestling needs a new talent to break through to the mainstream in order to "hit" again as much as they need writers and owners who are willing to take risks with the presentation of the product.
I think, more importantly, they need writers who actually know wrestling and writers who can actually write compelling stories. As it stands, the only risk they need to take is to stop recycling the same old bland bullshit.

I think, more importantly, they need writers who actually know wrestling and writers who can actually write compelling stories. As it stands, the only risk they need to take is to stop recycling the same old bland bullshit.
Didn't one of the former writers that's on Twitter say that they try to come up with some 'different' or 'new' stuff, and it almost always gets vetoed by Vince in the end? Really, he's the only 'writer' that needs to stop recycling the same old shit.

Didn't one of the former writers that's on Twitter say that they try to come up with some 'different' or 'new' stuff, and it almost always gets vetoed by Vince in the end? Really, he's the only 'writer' that needs to stop recycling the same old shit.
This seems the most plausible explanation. They've actively sought writers outside of "wrestling" for god-only-knows-how-long, and the product format and production style are still the same as they ever were. The flow of the show is the same (though, in some ways, that's harder to argue against). If you have many variables moving over time, and one constant, and the outcome isn't changing, it's quite easy to come to the conclusion that the *writers* aren't the main problem.

Oh, man, I can't recall who was on Cabana's podcast a few months ago, but they spoke of some ideas they were pitching (when in OVW?!?) that just fell flat. One of them was to make a wrestler a Harry Potter character - i.e., he thought he had magical powers, and didn't realize that someone else was running in and helping him win matches. Kind of a Santino-esque comedy bit. Not brilliant, but *something* different.

I guess the first PPVs besides OTE 99 that I'll go to to test that theory are Sid breaking his leg and Stacy Carter showing her tits.

I didn't see In Your House Beware of Dog 1 on there either, not that I'm dying to watch a show that was like 60% black screen due to power outage.

I finally got around to watching last week's Impact... Alight, so I know I kinda lol'd at the spoiler about the investor being MVP, but that was actually a pretty fun show. TNA should do shows in England more often because they can actually sell tickets there for whatever reason and the crowd was pretty into it.

...What's the reason why Jeff Hardy can't do shows in England? Did he do something stupid over there or something?

That is a shit ton of wrestling.
I like what I see in the WCW and ECW sections.

Now, I will wait to see if they edit entrance themes. If those remain unedited, I'm sold.

They can even change Chris Benoit to AKI Man and I'd be okay with that. Just preserve the music, man.

Thats a ton of PPV and I will try and watch them all. there's a good 7 year period I didn't watch wrestling. I think I missed a lot of the attitude era. I stopped watching shortly after wcw died and didn't start again till about 4 years ago.

I finally got around to watching last week's Impact... Alight, so I know I kinda lol'd at the spoiler about the investor being MVP, but that was actually a pretty fun show. TNA should do shows in England more often because they can actually sell tickets there for whatever reason and the crowd was pretty into it.

...What's the reason why Jeff Hardy can't do shows in England? Did he do something stupid over there or something?
His drugs charges are the reason he can't leave the country.

FINISH HER!

704Z85f.gif

And the result!

i2QMlH9.jpg

Also looks like Del Rio is on his way out.

Also 500k people choose not to watch Raw on Monday compared to the week prior. I was one of them.

1/27/2014

2/3/2014

I didn't see In Your House Beware of Dog 1 on there either, not that I'm dying to watch a show that was like 60% black screen due to power outage.
It is listed as "In Your House # 8 - Beware of Dog (1996)" which tells me the WWE is using the home video edit using the opening matches and main event from BOD1 and then going to BOD2 for the rest of the show. WWE did show footage during the power outage on RAW the following night after BOD1 showing the wrestlers trying to entertain fans in the darkened arena so I'm assuming they still were able to film the matches (or at least get a few highlights for RAW).

Also in regards to Elimination Chamber 2014 not being listed I'm guessing since it's not happened yet they don't want to list it as being available. You know just in case say the PPV gets postponed/canceled or something.

Maybe a crossover PPV? Kinda miss the days of WCW/New Japan crossovers. And the idea of ECW/WWE was good even if it didn't pan out all that well.

Admittedly I barely know about ROH. It's on like Saturdays at midnight or something here and I've only seen a couple eps. And of course what was on the CM Punk DVD.

ROH was a fantastic company that produced a lot of guys that ended up in the WWE. Some to much success (Punk, Bryan) and some not so much (Paul London, Jamie Noble). Gabe Sapolsky was a guy that worked under Paul Heyman during ECW and learned a lot from Heyman and always had a forward looking philosophy when it came to booking talent. He'd always pushed the youngest guys and its through his booking that ROH became the biggest indie company in the USA. 

Unfortunately Gabe was fired from ROH in 2008 for a decrease in business and replaced first by Adam Pearce, who was then fired, and replaced by Wrestle Delirious. The in ring-quality of Ring of Honor fell off a cliff after Sapolsky left and the booking was similarly terrible.

I stopped following the company in January 2009 after an event in Edison, NJ where Nigel McGuinness put up the ROH World Title against Tyler Black (Seth Rollins in The Shield). The match ended with a 60 minute time limit draw after only 48 minutes and more run-ins than an Undertaker casket match. I felt robbed by the company and stopped paying attention. 

PWG is where it's at when it comes USA indies. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back