The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure every version of the program will see a handful of updates and revisions. This isn't really "beta testing," it's more like "we didn't differentiate much in the user interface across systems by launch, leading to a clumsy console interface" combined with a little bit of "d'oh!"

When it works (I'm getting maybe 20% of the videos I click on to actually run, and that may be an overestimate), it's okay. Sometimes it's smooth, other times it stops to buffer like a goddamned Real Player, 1997 style. I'll give them a bit to iron out the kinks, and if not, then I'll cancel. NBD.
Funny part myke is you pretty much supported my "over glorified beta test" in your second sentence there. I can live with the inconsistent interfaces and what not for now since to be honest how many years has Netflix been inconsistent again? PS3 for instance could use sorting PPVs by year and having them in chronological order like Android has. But even by your admittance only 20% of the time or so VOD content is working is dang telling to how rushed this entire thing feels (and under prepared MLB was for handling things too).

I really hope they can fix these VOD problems soon. According to Facebook they are expecting to resolve them by 6 PM EST tonight but I'm not holding my breath on that. And yes I fully expect the streaming of Mania to be one gigantic hot mess which is why if I even bother to watch it at all the WWE Network would be my last resort to watching it.

And yes I saw the El Generico vs Claudio Catagnoli yesterday on the live channel. Pretty good match but not near "match of the year" that some have been calling it. Maybe I'm too spoiled after that DGUSA iPPV I watched that had two amazing main event title matches. Who knows, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ fans getting kicked out for "macho man hof" signs and "Ronda Rousey would beat cenas ass" sign

how fucking low and pathetic can wwe stoop to.

Yeah that's one reason my wife wanted it, she got a new gig as co-editor of a Batman website and loves just having whatever's currently streaming on as background noise while she's working.
I'm kind of jealous of your wife's new job, I admit. Congrats to her.

Well, for people with free trial, should check your accounts. They took out the money right away. The faq says a $1 to $9.99 hold. I've never been charged the full thing ever. Pretty upset and they def lost a customer. Also, the customer service is horrible, The lady never had an answer for why, just that it happens and she kept calling me honey, no you say sir or madam. Geez. I wanted to like it, but that's non sense. Guess I'll stick to youtube.

Well, for people with free trial, should check your accounts. They took out the money right away. The faq says a $1 to $9.99 hold. I've never been charged the full thing ever. Pretty upset and they def lost a customer. Also, the customer service is horrible, The lady never had an answer for why, just that it happens and she kept calling me honey, no you say sir or madam. Geez. I wanted to like it, but that's non sense. Guess I'll stick to youtube.
Looks like I have a $9.99 authorization on my account too. It might just be a hold that gets removed if you cancel, at least it better be...

Looks like I have a $9.99 authorization on my account too. It might just be a hold that gets removed if you cancel, at least it better be...
Yea, most of the time when people are saying they were charged its actually just a hold that goes away. On AmEx it stays under the PENDING section. I bought the service and have a $9.99 pending charge that will go through, and a $1 pending charge they made that will go away. Other credit cards must not list this out this way or something.

[quote name="evilmojo12542" post="11558659" timestamp="1393370642"]still wont let me sign in through xbox what the hell i sign in fine on computer but xbox cant[/quote] I think it's a known issue. I've tweeted their support but nothing yet.

Ok, so I know I said yesterday I'd wait on WWE Network but then I saw on Reddit that there's always a continuous live stream you can tune into which basically solves the dilemma we all have when we turn on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime of "what the hell do I watch (when I don't really want to watch anything anyway actually)" Now I feel like it's worth $10 a month just to be able to always be able to turn on something and have them decide what my background noise will be.
This. WWE Network was streaming old WCCW shows earlier while I was at work today. It was nice to have something to watch other than speedruns on youtube for a change.

Search for RAW Backstage Pass... On the PC it had blank picture holders but it loaded just fine.
Was finally able to view it.. I was trying to watch it this morning but it wasn't working on PS4.. (played something else instead)

Anyways I'm still getting frequent stutter/buffering stoppage even when watching old sd ecw streams.

Also i'll be watching a ppv and it will just freeze up and exit back to the menu. It is really annoying since I can't resume watching where i left off

Yeah, same issue on 360 for me.

Works on my Nexus 7. I mean, aside from nothing other than the main puritanic stream working. I've twos to load 5 different PPVs, two of them loaded (for a minute, before they just froze and I gave up).

They blurred Stacy Carter's tits and edit ECW music. Not that I expected otherwise.
So what you're saying is that The Sandman does indeed enter to Steve Blackman's Donkey Konga music?

In all seriousness, new wrasslin fans not being able to witness the crowd erupt and sing along with Walk while Rob Van Dam enters is a shame.

http://youtu.be/tosO-BiT6Eo

The Great Khali became an American Citizen this past weekend. Pretty cool, I know the process isn't easy and it takes years. 

That's why we have torrent packs.
Thanks for mentioning this.

I immediately thought of XWT but remembered that I had lost my password and stupidly used a custom domain E-mail for that account.

But apparently, at the moment, XWT registration is open. New account. Yeeeeah booooy

Anyone catch the WWE Countdown of catch phrases? I found it to be very entertaining. I'm liking the WWE Network after 1 day (2 PPVs and this) of shows.

Subscribed and I am digging this streaming main channel. Got to see Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 falls and now they have the main event of WM1. Hooked my laptop to the flat-screen with an hdmi cord. Not the most elegant solution but it's the only device I have at the moment not counting my phone.

What is the schedule for adding new original stuff? I was hoping for more of their documentaries and behind the scenes stuff. 

I did a search for Stacy Kiebler earlier today and they only had like 4 matches. Surely she was there longer than just 2001. 

Subscribed and I am digging this streaming main channel. Got to see Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 falls and now they have the main event of WM1. Hooked my laptop to the flat-screen with an hdmi cord. Not the most elegant solution but it's the only device I have at the moment not counting my phone.
Chromecast

Yesterday afternoon they were showing something on the rivalry between Hart and Michaels going all the way through to Montreal. Really interesting to watch the interviews part because despite both men saying otherwise it's still apparent from their body language and what they said that they really don't like each other.

I'm not saying there's a strong feud or anything anymore but there was definitively some subtle scoffs and rolling eyes in there. Also, it was fun watching both of them use revisionist history to still try and paint themselves in a much better light. The most amusing was this little passive aggressive argument they had about both of them bringing kids into the ring and Hart implicating that Michaels was encouraging kids to do a strip tease. It was so awkward and amusing at the same time.

In related news, The Great Khali now knows more about US history and political structure than virtually all naturalized American citizens.
Sadly, you are so correct. When my wife became a citizen, she had to learn all of those fun facts. I was able to help her study because I actually paid attention in history and government classes.

The Bret-Shawn doc was the first Vod I watched and I don't buy for a second that anything from 95 and on was a work.

The part about the striptease was funny because Shawn rolled his eyes as if it never happened and then they cut to him pulling his tights down.

Bret came across as sincere at points and Shawn seemed like he didn't want to be there.

I did enjoy Countdown for sure, and the "Best of the Worst" segment on Shockmaster was pretty funny, too.

There is a naive part of me that hopes both will be used to discuss "pro wrestling," and not revise history to ignore WCW and ECW except when to mock them. But the realistic part of me knows that it's a vehicle for the company, not a servant in search of "objective truth" (as if could be found).

WWE may not want to pay the rights for Enter Sandman, but motherfucker was OVER in ECW. His entrances were great. Granted, it was the only thing he had as a wrestler (he was fucking terrible in the ring). But it would be a shame for "best entrances" to be comprised of WWE dudes dressin' up in their Wrestlemania finest, and overlooking relevant items from non-WWE promotions.

I caught one Best of the Worst last night reliving the Kennel from Hell match.  Oh yeah, that definitely qualified.

Watched Halloween Havoc 1993 earlier flawlessly.. until the Nasty Boys vs. 2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Alexander Bagwell match. RealPlayer-style buffering galore. I eventually had to turn it off because it got so bad.

So far no buffering on PPVs tonight and able to get where I wanted to.  I like the PS3 version the best so far because they put in bookmarks at the start and right before the end of each match.  Which meant I totally went to the end of the Jake-Savage This Tuesday in Texas match to watch Jake at his evil best, slap shown without any edits.

FWIW on the comments above re: seeing "a man fall to his death" at OTE 99 - you don't see Owen fall on the original broadcast. I'm kind of...well, disappointed isn't the right word, but it does bug me a little that it's edited. I guess I just think of it more as a piece of history like the Kennedy assassination video rather that some indirectly exploitative Faces of Death thing.

I'm assuming that the editing was also done at least partially to prevent any possible backlash that would be difficult to defend from a PR standpoint, which is fine. I'm not losing sleep over it. If I want to see it for whatever reason I still have the VHS from the night it happened.

So far no buffering on PPVs tonight and able to get where I wanted to. I like the PS3 version the best so far because they put in bookmarks at the start and right before the end of each match. Which meant I totally went to the end of the Jake-Savage This Tuesday in Texas match to watch Jake at his evil best, slap shown without any edits.
Same here, last couple of nights I had problems where if I skipped ahead that it would cause the whole stream to freeze. Now it's working fine for me.

I wish the bookmarks would start when the wrestlers out.

There was never an Undertaker/Doink feud right? There totally should've been, especially with the multiple Doinks...

Jim Cornette is such a wordsmith. Here he is talking about creating the Kane character:

...this is Michael Myers from Halloween come to life and everyone can identify with a spooky mother fucker that doesn’t feel pain and just seeks to destroy people.
I could listen to his stories for hours on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back