The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half of DGUSA iPPV tonight has been great. Fire Ant vs Jigsaw was crazy. Rich Swann & Shane Strickland vs. Anthony Nese & Trent Baretta was a damn fun tag match. Looking forward to the second half especially AR Fox vs Chris Hero.

There was zero doubt who was going to win, but somehow I'm still pissed the Shield jobbed. Still don't like the idea of breaking them up. Of the three I kind of thought Rollins would be the one who eventually gets left behind, but he's been doing a solid job of standing out lately, and tonight especially.

First half of DGUSA iPPV tonight has been great. Fire Ant vs Jigsaw was crazy. Rich Swann & Shane Strickland vs. Anthony Nese & Trent Baretta was a damn fun tag match. Looking forward to the second half especially AR Fox vs Chris Hero.
Let us know how the second half went. Thanks!

So glad the fans still letting WWE know about their frustrations about this situation. We're a little more than a month away from their biggest event of the year and the guy you're suppose to cheer for in that main event is getting shit on hard.

Either people will shit all over the current Wrestlemania WWE title match like Lesnar-Goldberg at Mania XX, or walk out.

Randy Orton vs Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I think the last time I played this match was on PS2.

Let's be honest though, buyrates are gonna be huge -- especially in person, because people can't wait to go boo the shit out of it. Lose/Lose.

Guess those who have DISH or Comcast can thank them for not carrying such a predictable PPV.  When things are this bad, I'm kinda hoping WM 30 actually loses money on broadcasting between PPV carriers & online.  Just so they'll realize even people at home are tired of this crap and refuse to buy it.  But that probably isn't going to happen, just because there are so many people that order it just because it's WWE's biggest PPV of the year.

In other news, the
American Wolves
won the TNA Tag Team titles at a house show in WV tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Elimintion Chamber match - a match inside a locked steel cage (with a roof!) ended as a result of outside interference?

Yikes. They could have had Kane give the ol' Tonya Harding treatment to Bryan before the match, have him tough it out until the very end, and achieved the same result. Instead, the whole point of the EC match is moot. I suppose it's happened before, but it shouldn't. It's a cage, ferchrissakes.

Our new partner is going to SHOCK THE WORLD, BECAUSE HE IS...THE
original.gif

Kool-Aid Man.

Whats even funnier are the people out there that are upset or shocked at the outcome. Out of all the matches, the main event was the most predictable outcome since damn near late January.

Guess those who have DISH or Comcast can thank them for not carrying such a predictable PPV.
Just to correct you Comcast did in fact carry tonight's PPV. And they will be carrying Mania 30 as well. It's after that is when Comcast is cutting off WWE PPV. This is what I've been told by several people who I know that works for Comcast near verbatim from the recent memo that's been sent out company wide on the future of them carrying WWE PPV.

Whats even funnier are the people out there that are upset or shocked at the outcome. Out of all the matches, the main event was the most predictable outcome since damn near late January.
It wasn't just that the main event was predictable. It was that the whole card was so predictable that no one needed to order the PPV. It wouldn't surprise me if this PPV has one of the worst buyrates in recent years.

Just to correct you Comcast did in fact carry tonight's PPV. And they will be carrying Mania 30 as well. It's after that is when Comcast is cutting off WWE PPV. This is what I've been told by several people who I know that works for Comcast near verbatim from the recent memo that's been sent out company wide on the future of them carrying WWE PPV.
Ah, okay, the story I saw made it sound like it was starting with the EC PPV. So WM30 is last one before basically Comcast's "we're done with your crap" message to WWE. Wonder if Comcast will start throttling streaming service for the WWE Network too like they did with Netflix.

Is anyone else unable to sign in to WWE Network on Xbox 360? I can log in on my tablet and PS4 but on the 360 it says wrong username or password=-\

Is anyone else unable to sign in to WWE Network on Xbox 360? I can log in on my tablet and PS4 but on the 360 it says wrong username or password=-\
Has the Xbox 360 updated to the WWE Network yet or is it still the WWE App? They are different things, so that may be the problem.

Yea, its the WWE Network app. Ill wait until 9 when it officially launches and see if it works,if not Ill just watch on the remote control-less PS4.

Oh, I think you'll always have that. I spent a good portion of my life being disappointed that so-and-so wasn't getting a push. I think there's some merit to that, but I see that more in a "oh, man, they never even bothered to *try* using Colt Cabana to his full potential in WWE" way that "oh, man, it stinks that Randy Orton won yet another main event" way.

Scott Hall is well remembered in wrestling, yet never won a major world title (I think? Certainly not in WWE). Maybe that's why I struggle so much with the Punk temper tantrum - dude made it 99.9% of the way in a profession where most people don't get 10%, and he's throwing a fit over the last 0.1%.

Picture, if you will, Punk and Colt (since they are good friends) having a conversation. Now, put yourself in Colt's shoes and imagine what it must be like to be Colt Cabana and listen to Punk bitching about only getting a Wrestlemania match with Triple H. First world problems and all that, yes?

Again, I think it's fine to get upset by the booking, or think WWE can do better (any company always can). I think I finally wore out on it, so while I'm still pretty disappointed that someone as utterly boring as Orton is the champ, I know I can't change it, and plenty of $$$ paying fans seem to like it - so why be upset by that?

Yup I just get a white page with some random letters when I try to sign up, looks like server's being hit hard.

Well there's already one confirmation of this. Sandman comes out to a generic theme instead of Enter Sandman at ONS 05. :(

I've been involved on an online network launch of a much, much smaller scale.

I've got nothing but sympathy. Expect a few weeks of growing pains, folks. Set yourself up for lag, buffering, and poor resolution during Wrestlemania. Not a knock against WWE in the slightest, but online distribution is an enormously hard thing to predict and prepare for period. Live online distribution is even harder, and can quickly lead to tremendous OUTRAGE!!!!!!!! at the content provider.

It's going to be a good 4-6 months before the kinks are ironed out. Be patient.

I've been involved on an online network launch of a much, much smaller scale.

I've got nothing but sympathy. Expect a few weeks of growing pains, folks. Set yourself up for lag, buffering, and poor resolution during Wrestlemania. Not a knock against WWE in the slightest, but online distribution is an enormously hard thing to predict and prepare for period. Live online distribution is even harder, and can quickly lead to tremendous OUTRAGE!!!!!!!! at the content provider.

It's going to be a good 4-6 months before the kinks are ironed out. Be patient.
This is why they should have launched this much earlier so that the first PPV they air is NOT WrestleMania. I dont even expect it to be watchable unless you love seeing a "now buffering" screen. Should have used a PPV no one cares about to test it out and get rid of as many bugs as possible.

This is why they should have launched this much earlier so that the first PPV they air is NOT WrestleMania. I dont even expect it to be watchable unless you love seeing a "now buffering" screen. Should have used a PPV no one cares about to test it out and get rid of as many bugs as possible.
They still could have "officially" launched at Wrestlemania, but they really should have done a large scale beta program. I know they had something like that for the first few months with the Live Events App on the PS3, but even then they had some problems when they first launched it. I actually ended up getting the first WWE PPV on it for free since the App totally crashed during the ending of the Ziggler match.

Well we checked out Armageddon 1999 to see if they Censored Stacy "the Kat" Carters boobs and yep its censored. Guess we get edited stuff.

Visions of "we did not anticipate the enthusiasm the WWE Universe would have for signing up for the WWE Network!" messaging keep popping into my head.
Fixed for truth. I fully expect the WWE to have some kind of positive spin about all this fail tonight on RAW.

Eh it's pretty normal for this kind of stuff (really any kind of online service) at first. There's not a really good way to test this stuff out fully (even a beta doesn't usually solve a lot of the bugs) and having your servers ready for the traffic can be massively expensive if you overestimate, it's far cheaper to let it crash and burn and then fix it back up to where they know it needs to be.

Eh it's pretty normal for this kind of stuff (really any kind of online service) at first. There's not a really good way to test this stuff out fully (even a beta doesn't usually solve a lot of the bugs) and having your servers ready for the traffic can be massively expensive if you overestimate, it's far cheaper to let it crash and burn and then fix it back up to where they know it needs to be.
But here's the thing though. WWE advertised like crazy that the launch was today at 10 AM EST. They could of easily have had sign ups available right after they announced so people could have payments and what not ready to go. Instead no let's have everyone rush and crash the site on launch day. This is absolutely bad planning on the WWE's part especially for something that reportedly had a huge amount of time put into it.

And let's not forget how many people are going to have patience just trying to sign up for this again? This is the same WWE that feels they need to hand hold people into just how to use the service. You think these same people are going to be that forgiving if signing up for this is a huge pain. I can see most people quickly giving up if they can't get their act together.

Me personally I would be quite a bit more forgiving if this was a soft launch that wasn't advertised and shoved down everyone's throat like crazy. But when you as a company tell people repeatedly when its starting that means you are also telling people it will be working. There's no excuse for this fail WWE. None.

There is no competition. Anyone who wants to sign up will deal with the headaches, especially people signing up right as the service kicks off.

No wrestling fan looking to sign up is going to go well I can't sign IP so I give up signing up forever.

What casual fan is rushing to sign up for the network?

PSN had the same kind of issues when the quad launched and no one cares now.

Seems to be working fine now. I just signed up. If you're getting the Media/Video error via the website, you aren't signed up properly. You'll need to enter billing information before being able to view anything.

Haven't gone through the process yet (will probably wait until closer to Wrestlemania), but is 6-month commitment the only option? I'm guessing there's no month-to-month option?

The 6 month commitment is pretty much a month to month option... for 6 months. You only pay $9.99 up front.

I tried signing up for this "free trial" they spoke of and ended up charged $9.99 instead of the supposed "$1" it states in the FAQ.

I've been swerved.

I got the trial to go through. The trial was the only way I could sign up as the regular purchase option kept failing.

I signed up for it at about 8:45 eastern time this morning and had no problems at all until after I had watched WM Rewind. After that I tried to watch some wcw, and on the PS4 at least, clicking the wcw logo causes an error and you have to manually close the app.

Hopefully it all gets worked out. It has potential. 

I signed up for it at about 8:45 eastern time this morning and had no problems at all until after I had watched WM Rewind. After that I tried to watch some wcw, and on the PS4 at least, clicking the wcw logo causes an error and you have to manually close the app.

Hopefully it all gets worked out. It has potential.
The same thing happens for me on PS4. Just with the WCW PPVs though. Anyone had any luck signing in on the 360 yet? Or is that just me?

They completely cut out The Godfather-Blue Blazer segments, crowd shots, JR and King talking about it, and the Jarrett-Debra interview in Over The Edge 1999, although they put up a rather awkward graphic before the start of the show that it was dedicated to Owen Hart who accidentally died during this broadcast.  I think it's the use of the word accidentally that bothers me.  Tragically would have been better in my opinion.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back