The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody watched anything with Chris Benoit? Interested to see the verbiage they use.
I just watched Wrestlemania 2000 (XVI) where Benoit wins the IC belt. It probably wasnt the best match to test Benoit content but he was there. He was referred to as The Crippler and a pitbull. I'll probably check more out and report back later unless someone else does it first.

I had planned on signing up for WWE network this morning but couldn't get it to work.  I kept trying a few times while avoiding Elimination Chamber spoilers because I wanted to watch it for myself.  Finally, I got frustrated and just went ahead and read the results.  After seeing the results I didn't feel much like trying to sign up for WWE network...  Maybe at some point in the future I'll get around to it but the winner of elimination chamber, I'm more sick of him than I am of
Cena

Last edited by a moderator:
I had planned on signing up for WWE network this morning but couldn't get it to work. I kept trying a few times while avoiding Elimination Chamber spoilers because I wanted to watch it for myself. Finally, I got frustrated and just went ahead and read the results. After seeing the results I didn't feel much like trying to sign up for WWE network... Maybe at some point in the future I'll get around to it but the winner of elimination chamber, I'm more sick of him than I am of
Cena
You can't skip the Wyatts-Shield match.

I wonder if they left this in from WM 22:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtD_VO0uYI

Holy shit. Looking back at the card from that year, that was a terrible Wrestlemania.

Watchin some Barely Legal 97, Joey Styles is a wee baby.

You can't skip the Wyatts-Shield match.

I wonder if they left this in from WM 22:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtD_VO0uYI

Holy shit. Looking back at the card from that year, that was a terrible Wrestlemania.
I totally forgot about that. Checking now. They show the grab but cut to a crowd shot for the lick. I believe thats how it was on the DVD though.

I just got it up and running. For some reason, I wanna watch WM9 and see if it's the shitshow everyone claims it is.
That is one of the more fun WrestleManias to watch in my opinion. Sure, the finishes sucked for most of the matches so if you just read results it isnt good. It could have been better but as is I love it, if not just for the crazy Japanese fan yelling "Yokozuna, number one!"

I had planned on signing up for WWE network this morning but couldn't get it to work. I kept trying a few times while avoiding Elimination Chamber spoilers because I wanted to watch it for myself. Finally, I got frustrated and just went ahead and read the results. After seeing the results I didn't feel much like trying to sign up for WWE network... Maybe at some point in the future I'll get around to it but the winner of elimination chamber, I'm more sick of him than I am of
Cena
You and me brother.

Is there a problem with the 360 app? I ordered the network and paid and everything and it's not recognizing either my user or pass on the 360 app. But I can log in perfectly on PC.

Cena
Yeah the site was a bitch to navigate to the signup page. I to google instructions. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get it on the first try.

Is there a problem with the 360 app? I ordered the network and paid and everything and it's not recognizing either my user or pass on the 360 app. But I can log in perfectly on PC.
There is an issue with the Xbox 360 app.

Thanks for touching base, Aron! We’re currently experiencing problems with Xbox 360 affecting performance, delivery of images, and intermittent login failures. If you are experiencing any of these problems, please try again later. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can view WWE Network on other devices. ^RG

https://www.facebook.com/WWENetwork

For the time being it looks like I'll have to continue to watch the Raw/Smackdown replays on Hulu Plus... I guess they didn't get the rights issues straightened out yet or something since the earliest replays of Raw/Smackdown are from January.

I'm watching Wrestlemania IX, and Heenan just delivered what could possibly be my favorite line ever: "You never know when you're gonna need a brick."

The crowd tonight is really weird. They were up for Hogan but somewhere during the Cesaro/Langston match they just completely died. There were monuments of literal near silence during the Christian match and Bray's promo. Guess they could just be reserved since they're waiting for a bunch of returns during the show later on.

Network app not working too great for me. I'll probably cancel before the free week is up and then buy it just before Mania.

Is it safe to say that was Big E Langston's best match since joining the WWE?
Is it safe to say that it wasn't very surprising, seeing who the opponent was? :p

Aside from the awful finish, that is. I hope that's not a sign of things to come at Wrestlemania.

Sources confirm that Cena blew out his ACL and MCL and dislocated his kneecap.

Estimated recovery time is 45 minutes.

I can get old ppvs to load but stop playing after about 20 minutes on PS4. I started watching Halloween Havok 91 and it's the real deal and not the VHS cut where they took out the Bobby Eaton / Terry Taylor match. I get a shutdown error message on my galaxy tablet when trying just to go in

Not usually a guy who harps on saving big first time matches for PPV, but having Bray vs Reigns with next to no fanfare is insane. What a waste.

Also not huge on Cesaro's and Reigns' matches ending the exact same way.

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker? I thought for sure Taker would refuse to work with this no talent fuck.

The crowd seemed to pick up for Cesaro vs Langston at the end. It's a WWE crowd, they want to see big spots and shows of strength. It ain't a chain wrestlin' world any more, or, rather, it doesn't feel that way.

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times - I fuckin' adore Cesaro's body of work in WWE. I don't care if he's on NXT or Main Event takin' out Hunico or some other nobody. I'll watch his matches.

Speaking of NXT, I think that's going to be one of my WWE Network highlights. After seeing Alexander Rusev work, I'm a bit thankful they did not give Santino his "Boris Alexiev" gimmick when he came up to the main roster. And, in terms of career longevity and a paycheck, I bet Santino's glad, too.

There has been a ton of actual wrestling tonight.
b15b41612cpnnews.jpg

Has anyone tried to watch Benoit's match at WM XX?
What about it?

It's preempted by this:

"The following program is presented in its original form. It may contain some content that does not reflect WWE's corporate views and may not be suitable for viewers. WWE characters are fictitious and do not reflect the personal lives of the actors portraying them. Viewer discretion is advised.

You can block access to this program and others like it using the Parental Control feature in your WWE Network account settings."

Well, yeah, it's in there, I mean. Are you asking about edits or something else?

It's just so..odd...to watch now. Triple H taps, Benoit is heaving in the ring he's crying so hard, then he an Eddie Guerrero embrace. It's supposed to be an incredibly touching moment. Something to mark out to.

Despite that, I felt those goose bumps on my skin that typically come with that feeling of excitement and sheer exhilaration that we call "marking out" - but it wasn't the same. It felt gross. I used to be able to watch Benoit's stuff still. I have to admit, that made me pretty uncomfortable.

I was wondering whether it was on there or not and if there were any edits or additions.  Xilly's screencap pretty much covered it.

I was wondering whether it was on there or not and if there were any edits or additions. Xilly's screencap pretty much covered it.
Yeah man. The worst part about anything I've watched so far is how shitty ECW is with generic CAW themes and bleeped curse words -- ironically they didn't try to mute or turn down the crowd volume at all though, so even though the wrestlers are bleeped, all the fuck EM UP fuck EM UP chants are still loudly and delightfully intact.

I'm getting the same problem on the Xbox 360. Says username and password is wrong. I know for a fact it's not. Love to fall asleep watching WM X

Yeah, same issue on 360 for me.

Works on my Nexus 7. I mean, aside from nothing other than the main puritanic stream working. I've twos to load 5 different PPVs, two of them loaded (for a minute, before they just froze and I gave up).

They blurred Stacy Carter's tits and edit ECW music. Not that I expected otherwise.

What casual fan is rushing to sign up for the network?
The ones that got told repeatedly that it's launching at 9 AM. Again the WWE could of easily had start doing sign ups after announcing the network so people could have everything set to go come launch of the WWE Network itself. Yes the sign up is working right now but that is still no excuse for stuff like this.

On that note I'm not terribly impressed with the service so far. The "linear channel" as they call it does work pretty well on both my Note 3 (Verizon) and PS3. Picture quality on the HD material is great while SD material varies but for the most part from what I've seen is pretty watchable. However VOD content seems iffy at best. I managed to watch most of one ECW TV on my Note 3 before it locked up on me near the end. On my PS3 I've gotten as far as the WWE intro on an episode of NXT TV then it stops entirely.

This entire thing feels like an over glorified beta that WWE threw out there expecting people to pay $9.99 a month for with a six month commitment. It's one thing if there was minor bugs that one could easily work around. It's another when a major function either doesn't work or somewhat works depending on what platform you are using.

At this point I can't recommend the WWE Network due to these issues. The concept of what the WWE wants to do with this is great. But as of right now the execution is failing. If they can get things fixed up I certainly can recommend the service. But for now sorry I simply can't on the basis of what I wrote above.

They completely cut out The Godfather-Blue Blazer segments, crowd shots, JR and King talking about it, and the Jarrett-Debra interview in Over The Edge 1999, although they put up a rather awkward graphic before the start of the show that it was dedicated to Owen Hart who accidentally died during this broadcast. I think it's the use of the word accidentally that bothers me. Tragically would have been better in my opinion.
Well, that's certainly a cut that should have been done... You cannot really expect/nor want to see a man fall to his death.

I'm able to watch what's currently streaming, but the other content just won't start.
I've had good luck just letting it take its time to load... Its been some serious long load times at times but I watched pre and post RAW shows, the episode of Countdown that's currently up, the first match of WM 1 (I turned it off), and the first 20 minutes of the Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart documentary. (Again, I had to step away from the PC.)

The only issues I had was my the network hanging during the Countdown episode but that could have easily been my issue to. Steam was patching games at that time.

I'm using the PC... I need to patch my PS3 before I can try on it.

Cena; According to the Backstage Pass on the Network (and the WWE Dr that they interviewed) Cena felt something in his knee shift, iced the knee, swelling, taken to a local hospital, yet Cena is refusing an MRI. (Which makes me raise the BS flag... You cannot due MRI till the swelling goes down.)

Not that I think any of us thought it was real...

Bootista, wow, the crowd tonight was just murdering him... And apparently Del Rio isn't the only heel he can turn into a face just by being close to him. :lol: (Lastly, searching on Bing/google for "bootista" results in Batista Wikipedia page... :lol: )

Hogan did a 15 second interview where he basically repeated the end of what he said in the ring. You didn't miss anything.

The ones that got told repeatedly that it's launching at 9 AM. Again the WWE could of easily had start doing sign ups after announcing the network so people could have everything set to go come launch of the WWE Network itself. Yes the sign up is working right now but that is still no excuse for stuff like this.

On that note I'm not terribly impressed with the service so far. The "linear channel" as they call it does work pretty well on both my Note 3 (Verizon) and PS3. Picture quality on the HD material is great while SD material varies but for the most part from what I've seen is pretty watchable. However VOD content seems iffy at best. I managed to watch most of one ECW TV on my Note 3 before it locked up on me near the end. On my PS3 I've gotten as far as the WWE intro on an episode of NXT TV then it stops entirely.

This entire thing feels like an over glorified beta that WWE threw out there expecting people to pay $9.99 a month for with a six month commitment. It's one thing if there was minor bugs that one could easily work around. It's another when a major function either doesn't work or somewhat works depending on what platform you are using.

At this point I can't recommend the WWE Network due to these issues. The concept of what the WWE wants to do with this is great. But as of right now the execution is failing. If they can get things fixed up I certainly can recommend the service. But for now sorry I simply can't on the basis of what I wrote above.
:rofl: it's not even been 24 goddamned hours, man. relax.

the interface is hella clunky, it's slow to load (if at all), the sounds in the interface menu (at least on PS4) are utterly dreadful (I wondered if I blew out a speaker)...there's a lot to fix there for sure.

But FFS, y'all.

:rofl: it's not even been 24 goddamned hours, man. relax.

the interface is hella clunky, it's slow to load (if at all), the sounds in the interface menu (at least on PS4) are utterly dreadful (I wondered if I blew out a speaker)...there's a lot to fix there for sure.

But FFS, y'all.
Mines pretty fast on the PS4 and Nexus. The sounds when moving around on the menu are pretty bad. I cant even imagine someone going through sound choices, hearing that, and saying YEA THIS IS GREAT!

Agreed on the PS4 sound choices. I thought my friend's surround sound system was fucked when we started browsing on PS4.

I noticed that his PS4 has buffering/skipping issues when it comes to streaming videos (via WWE, Hulu, etc.), though. Luckily mine does not. Kind of odd.

I'm sure every version of the program will see a handful of updates and revisions. This isn't really "beta testing," it's more like "we didn't differentiate much in the user interface across systems by launch, leading to a clumsy console interface" combined with a little bit of "d'oh!"

When it works (I'm getting maybe 20% of the videos I click on to actually run, and that may be an overestimate), it's okay. Sometimes it's smooth, other times it stops to buffer like a goddamned Real Player, 1997 style. I'll give them a bit to iron out the kinks, and if not, then I'll cancel. NBD.

Wrestlemania's gonna be a disaster. Get your hopes low now, folks. I'm not saying that to spite WWE, but I don't think they're going to be able to get consistent, smooth live streaming ready between now and then, if the first day and a half is any indication. Maybe they will - and if so, bully for them, I look forward to the show.

I did watch a little ECW earlier. Man alive, people talk about the genius of Paul Heyman - but let's look at the other side of the equation. ECW fans were goddamned sheep who would pop for everything Paul threw at them. Chris Chetti! Wild Blll Wyles! Simon Diamond and the Musketeer! Jack Victory.

When ECW was bad, hooooo-boy, it was the drizzling shits; yet the crowds ate it up.

Ok, so I know I said yesterday I'd wait on WWE Network but then I saw on Reddit that there's always a continuous live stream you can tune into which basically solves the dilemma we all have when we turn on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime of "what the hell do I watch (when I don't really want to watch anything anyway actually)"  Now I feel like it's worth $10 a month just to be able to always be able to turn on something and have them decide what my background noise will be.

Yeah that's one reason my wife wanted it, she got a new gig as co-editor of a Batman website and loves just having whatever's currently streaming on as background noise while she's working.

Live on the network right now - Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro on NXT.

For those paying attention at home, that's El Generico vs Claudio Catagnoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back