The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That sucks to hear ohvermie. :whistle2:(

Anyway, sometime I will look into having a little CAG game again.[/quote]

But it's Thursday today, so who's playing Rock Band with me?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']But it's Thursday today, so who's playing Rock Band with me?[/QUOTE]I'm considering playing online tonight for RB2 (I've been playing more RB2 as of late). But in some ways, if I see my college friend online playing something else, I might just play games with him.

[quote name='ohvermie']I might be able to get some games in tonight. What time are we doing this shindig?[/quote]

Whatever time works for you/anyone else, I'm free all night.

If anyone wants to join and wants to work for trophies or something, that's fine as well. But, you better come prepared with whatever we need to do to get them because I'm not organizing any of that.

Want to start at like 10PM EST?

I can do either drums or guitars. I don't mind participating in some trophy whoring either or even band challenges.

Okay, here is how it will go:

Drums: ohvermie
Guitar: ManaKnight, metaly, x3x1x
vocalist: ManaKnight, x3x1x

Triple X and I may just alternate vocalist

If people want another group, they can form one.

If there is too many, I can drop out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also trade off doing drums with vermie if he wants to do guitar, especially if people need that savior trophy. Results guaranteed!

Does everyone have Sea & Sand??

[quote name='metaly']I can also trade off doing drums with vermie if he wants to do guitar, especially if people need that savior trophy. Results guaranteed!

Does everyone have Sea & Sand??[/QUOTE]Nope.

That does seem like a good idea switching around.

Good times. I don't think I've played with a full band before (on my PS3 anyway) so now there are a bunch of scores in my list that are like twice as high as anything else. :)

Did everyone get to see me hit all the bass drum notes on Drain You's bridge except for the one that gave star power?? #-o:lol:

Make sure to get Sea & Sand for next week.

Sea and Sands?

Sorry about not knowing to switch before, I really wish they would make the voice chat a lot more audible. I actually went into the options and tried to turn down all the menu music and stuff beforehand, it helped a little, but not too much.

Also, you guys might want to track down Rock Band 1 just to have more songs. :)

[quote name='ohvermie']Sea and Sands?

Sorry about not knowing to switch before, I really wish they would make the voice chat a lot more audible. I actually went into the options and tried to turn down all the menu music and stuff beforehand, it helped a little, but not too much.

Also, you guys might want to track down Rock Band 1 just to have more songs. :)[/QUOTE]I have RB1, just haven't considered ripping my tracklist to the HDD.

Yeah, the voice chat was kind of sketchy. I can understand why they have it come through the speakers but I wish you could change it so it was actually audible. Also could people hear me hitting the drums during the first song after the switch? I started turning my mic off during the songs because I thought I could hear myself playing.

I've got the RB1 songs imported, plus The Who and Doolittle packs, and some random singles if you guys have any of those. Someday I'll play through all of Doolittle. :)

Be prepared next week when we take on the Endless Setlist without pausing! :twisted:

Last time I counted, my track count was over 150 so yall need to catch up.

Where's that site that lets you keep track of the songs you have? Anyone know if you can compare friends' tracks?

The Endless Setlist... :drool:

Sorry for completely dropping out of Today.

The wife was making maple candy and burnt the hell out of it. Had to go and open all the windows before the smoke detectors started going off. :whistle2:x

And metaly, AFAIK voice chat is disabled during songs, so no one can hear you going all Animal on your drums. :)

[quote name='ohvermie']
And metaly, AFAIK voice chat is disabled during songs, so no one can hear you going all Animal on your drums. :)[/quote]

I know I heard him at least for one song. Not sure how long vc lasts during songs or if it was the one where he put it away.

Found the site! And I made an account just to test it: http://www.myrockbandsongs.com/metaly

The interface kind of sucks but at least it's easy to add common groups of songs. There's no way I'm entering in all my individual scores, though. Too bad this doesn't integrate with the official leaderboards somehow.

Not bad, just need to piece meal together the stuff I bought as singles and the weird non-album sized packs.

Added you as a friend. :)

Wasn't able to get on last night but I'm always up for a game of Rock Band 2 on either ps3 or xbox. Have rock band 1 songs in both but I only really buy download songs on the xbox. It's the one I have the drums for and the one a group of us has always played.

Man, you guys are out of control! :hot: The new songs out lately haven't really been my thing, sadly. Maybe I'll pick up some older stuff I missed this weekend.

I think the last song I got was Mr. Brightside, and while I like the song, it's somehow not fun to play on any instrument. I wish I could delete it to stop it from coming up on random.

Hahaha that's the crap thing about RB on the PS3, you can't just tell certain songs to fuck off.

How is DooLittle? I hear that the guitar parts are kinda shit for it. I think a part of me is hesitant to buy it because I want to hold out for Surfer Rosa.

I should probably get the Who pack though and pick up some of the songs off Colour and the Shape.

[quote name='ohvermie']Hahaha that's the crap thing about RB on the PS3, you can't just tell certain songs to fuck off.

How is DooLittle? I hear that the guitar parts are kinda shit for it. I think a part of me is hesitant to buy it because I want to hold out for Surfer Rosa.

I should probably get the Who pack though and pick up some of the songs off Colour and the Shape.[/quote]

I'd say Doolittle is for fans only. Some songs are fun on guitar (Mr. Grieves, Dead, Hey), although most of the songs are short. Nothing too difficult either if you prefer harder songs. I wouldn't get the whole album though considering a lot of the songs are short and I think its $20.

If I decide on making RB2 night more official, I'd make a thread (or someone, I'd tell them what to do) where we can split people up into who has what DLC, music preference, when they are available to play, and maybe difficulty/preferred instrument.

Yeah, Doolittle as a pack is probably more for fans. There are some songs that are pretty fun anyway, though -- the opening sections of Here Comes Your Man has awesome hammer-ons/pull-offs.

The Who pack is great, especially if you want to wreck your drumset. :) Maybe some day they'll release more stuff from Quadrophenia.

I'm up for some multiplayer/full-band RB too. I have most of you guys on my friends list so drop me a not if you see me on and I will do the same.

I have a lot of the DLC, Pixies, Foos, The Who, The Cars, tons of singles so I should be good to go . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, too bad I missed the game night, I have been busy the past few days. I'm usually open for playing either guitar/bass (expert) or drums (usually hard, but expert on some easier songs), but vocals typically aren't for me. Especially now, since I'm getting a cold that is leaving my throat quite sore and scratchy. I usually don't play vocals unless the house is empty anyways. For my DLC and music preferences, I go very heavily towards metal and also towards classic rock. Chances are if there is metal on the RB store (except for newer or "nu-metal" I will have it, with the exception of Screaming for Vengeance, waiting for a spare $15 for that).

Sorry about not being to partake last night DeskLaser. I was in the midst of wrecking cars in Burnout. :p

Anyone up for some tunes tonight?

I'm not really sure about tonight, it's a maybe.

Just for one, I might record a CAG RB2 night (if metaly and triple x are playing) and tag everyone in a Facebook video (which I'd upload). Lol, just an idea I thought of (which I was going to do with one of my friends).

I'll probably be home a little later tonight, but I'd play a few songs if people are around. I picked up a few new songs last week, too.

If there's room for anything except vocals shoot me a message and I'll play.

And Ohvermie, no worries about last night, we were going for the Bachman-Turner award, and we got it with the 3 of us (me on guitar, norcal on drums, and snakelda on bass). I probably will be playing more of the copy of Burnout Paradise I recently got now that the restart update is out lol. But anyways, if I'm playing something, still message me about Rock Band 2, I'll probably come play still.

Also from last night, my ringing endorsement of the Nyko Frontman continues, as I did the best I have ever done on Green Grass and High Tides with it. I didn't miss one note of the red, yellow, and blue back and forth solo trill about 2/3 of the way through solo 2 :whistle2:D

Here might be a good idea. We could make an band that everyone in this thread could be invited to for the purpose of playing battle of the bands. We could call the band "CAG PS3" or something. Different people could fill in with their DLC and we could likely do a lot of them.

No prob. Ended up helping desklaser out with his World Tour.

I seem to get kicked off of PSN if I'm not connected to any sort of online game. I wonder if it's some sort of timing out issue.

I couldn't get on last night. Feel free to message me if you see me on though I'll play almost anytime (Guitars only :p)

Hi guys. Just wondering: Does anyone here use silencers/pads on either their drum kit or sticks? I've been sort of thinking about getting some for a while but I'm getting more into the drumming now and want to know if it's a good idea to have a set.

Further questions if you use some: What kind do you have and how do you like them? Do they do a good job of cutting down on the sound, and does it hurt your accuracy? Anything you wish you knew before you got them?

Feel free to add in any other thoughts you have on them. :)

I've thought about getting some sort of silencer before, but don't want to spend more than $10. There's a ton of info on different kinds of materials and how they work with the different versions of the RB1 drums. I'm pretty sure there's a few threads over at the RB forums with detailed info.

I've been using the RB2 drumset and it does seem to be slightly quieter than the RB1 set, but I don't think by that much. I've read that the typical store bought silencers will reduce your accuracy and lower your scores on drums, so if you get any, I would look into custom made ones or drum pad mods first.

The red pad on my drums has developed a little "bubble" where the top layer of vinyl (or whatever it is) has separated from the rest of the pad. So that very middle part of the pad is popped up. I don't think it affects gameplay that much but I guess I don't liuke it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Anyone found a solution?
Would Harmonix fix this for me or replace it?

Thanks

Dr. SP

Since I work at Best Buy I did buy the silencers since it was cheap with the discount. While it made them quieter it would miss a couple notes here and there so it reduced how well it picked up my hits. (Note: I have RB1 drums, not GHWT or RB2)

I took them off but kept them for now (they are still sticky and would work on it again) but honestly I'd probably just buy the RB2 or GHWT drumset if I HAD to have it quieter. It was pretty nice being quieter.

bread's done
Back