The Saboteur $19.99 at Toys R Us B&M and Gamestop.com/B&M

wrencrest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Saboteur for PS3 (forgot to check for 360) dropped to $19.99 at my local TRU today. I checked online and still see a $39.99 price. I have not heard of TRU being YMMV, so this should be good everywhere (except maybe NYC). The guy at the store said he never saw a $60 drop straight to $20 before. Me neither really. Enjoy!

EDIT: From UnknownAssassin:
It's also showing up as $19.99 new for all platforms on the gamestop website. http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...atchallpartial

From Loomis1975
Newegg also has both versions for $19.99
PS3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-722-_-Product
360 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-633-_-Product

Looks like it's new price-point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Since I am considering getting this at GameStop or Best Buy does anyone have an opinion on it? What would you equate it to? I never though of getting it but I know it got a good reception, and for $10-18 (I have a $10 BB certificate) I am wondering if it's my kind of game.[/QUOTE]
For $20 this is a good sand box game. For any more there are too many other games of this type that are better in my opinion. But I am a sucker for open world sand box blow up anything type games and was waiting for this to drop. Never expected to walk in to TRU this morning though and see it for $20.

I bought a 'Like New' copy off of eBay about two months ago for $25. If you like sand box games, I highly suggest picking it up. Awesome game!

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Rumors are flying that people who used the PAX code last weekend are getting orders cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard anyone in the EA thread saying their orders were canceled.

Wow, already sold out online. Looks like I need to go into a GS B&M. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='squishface']Ahhh Crap, I just bought a used copy last week :( maybe I can return it and get a new one ?[/QUOTE]

At the very least they should be able to give you the difference between what you paid and what the current used price is.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']$20 could get you a REAL lap dance with a REAL stripper.:applause:[/QUOTE]

True that .. but you wont blow up any Nazis .. and thats half the fun ^_^

[quote name='crunchewy']Will wait for $17.99 used price at gamestop.com. For $13.31+tax I'll take it![/QUOTE]

Just got it used for the 360 at Gamestop. The box said $34.99, but the cashier clerk rang it up and it turned out to be $17.99.

Should I get this game for X360 or PS3? Need help choosing...I hate mult-platform games lol...Its soo damn hard to choose...Honest opinion which has more features? Same game (graphics and gameplay)? What is this game compared too?

Just finished this game a couple of weeks ago. It is a good game and well worth $20. I was a little disappointed thought, with just a little more polish and this game would have been great.

[quote name='EarthKing']Should I get this game for X360 or PS3? Need help choosing...I hate mult-platform games lol...Its soo damn hard to choose...Honest opinion which has more features? Same game (graphics and gameplay)? What is this game compared too?[/QUOTE]

I second this question.

Man, that is wicked tempting. But I can't help thinking Gamefly is going to unload a bunch of these at some point for less. Since Gamefly doesn't send cases out, I'm assuming it would have The Midnight Show DLC code (every game I've gotten from them has the extra inserts, anyway).

Didn't all new copies come with it? Or was it only some? XBox.com seems to suggest not all new copies came with it, in which case I'll be headed to GS soon to pick up a copy.

I bought this 2 weeks ago on the 20th with the 10 off 40. I think TRU will allow me to return it and exchange it for gta episodes or 40 credit, right? within 45 days it says on the receipt. as long as it isnt open.

[quote name='dax93']or buy it at Amazon for Price: $19.79 - Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Don't need prime or a filler for this since it's free shipping from Hubbagames.

[quote name='aleraiders']very good deal, this game must of flopped hard[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it flopped, but Pandemic studio (the developer of the game) got shot down a little while back, which could have something to do with it. I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen sooner.

Either way, I wanted to pick this game up at launch but never did, so I'm pretty pumped to see this at $20 now. I'll have to grab it.

The striptease show is decent (Bonus points for an unlockable car from the crappy minigame in it) but all the nekkid titties seem lifeless. I prefer the pasties, actually.

So it looks like I have a variety of places to choose from now. I'm glad people posted other places, making the trip to Gamestop to get a "new" copy unnecessary. Now I just have to choose NewEgg or Amazon.

Just picked up a copy for the 360 at the local GS but it took some convincing to get him to ring it up as $19.99.

[quote name='killer2me']Just picked up a copy for the 360 at the local GS but it took some convincing to get him to ring it up as $19.99.[/QUOTE]

wait wut? its an official price change, so there is no doubt it would have rang up at $19.99. Store I was at had $17.99 on used cases and $19.99 on new. I was shocked to see it! Especially when GS.com hadn't updated the used price yet.

scanned like 7 boxes for some kind of slip with the code, none had it, not even gutted new copies. Grabbed it for the PS3..oh well. $3 will be well spent.

and that is crazy about that wiki entry and forum problems..first time I've ever heard of something like that, but righteously so! I would be pissed too if I had bought it and was effected.

[quote name='token2k6']wait wut? its an official price change, so there is no doubt it would have rang up at $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Well it rang up as $39.99 and I had to go through 2 different employees plus pull out my iphone to show them the website price. Says on my recipe "Disc: 20.00 Promotion Not Found" think they were just tired of me and gave me a "discount" to get me out of the store. :)

amazon has priced matched $19.99

sorry if this was posted earlier in this thread...don't have time to go back and check at the current moment.

[quote name='killer2me']Well it rang up as $39.99 and I had to go through 2 different employees plus pull out my iphone to show them the website price. Says on my recipe "Disc: 20.00 Promotion Not Found" think they were just tired of me and gave me a "discount" to get me out of the store. :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the store didn't receive it's software update.

I'll probably pick it up from GameStop tomorrow. I have a lot of credit sitting there and this game looks well worth $20.

yeah this game is fun. At first I thought it was going to be all stealth based like Splinter Cell (which I can never get more than 10 mins into) But it is a sandbox game, it is run-n-gun action in some spots. I guess I'll get to some stealth stuff. Driving is not polished, but glad its in there. From the 20 mins I played it last night, I really enjoyed it.

Everybody should pick this up for $16.19 w/ EDGE +tax, not bad at all. I don't think you'll find it any cheaper unless Target clearances it, and maybe NewEgg will sell it for $10 by the end of summer..who knows.

I'll probably snap this up at that price. Been wanting to play it for a while, but the 'ol backlog just keeps getting bigger.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I'll probably snap this up at that price. Been wanting to play it for a while, but the 'ol backlog just keeps getting bigger.[/QUOTE]

Such is the burden of every CAG.

bread's done
Back