The Shaun White dilemma - Wii or 360?

uricmu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As an avid skier I've been waiting impatiently for Shaun White for the more realistic mountain and physics engine (never been on a snowboard, but I've never seen mountains that look like the ones on SSX).

Now I'm wondering what to buy.

There's the 360 version (I'm eying Target's exclusive ed), which actually is supposed to have decent graphics in HD.

Then there's the Wii version which probably looks like crap, is an all-play, but is supposed to support the balance board and hopefully a lot better than the way Wii Ski worked with the balance board. My Wii is also somewhere in the closet waiting for a good day to come out since I mostly use my 360.

However, I'm not sure I actually want to buy both...
Which one should I buy? Or at least, which one should I buy first?

Judging from the reviews, it would be best to get the Wii version. The 360 version has a 60% on Gamerankings right now, while the Wii version has an 84%.

If you have a balance board, then I say get the Wii version. If not I dont see it mattering much but I havent read reviews. I'm not a fan of the genre but I tried it out a while back at the Penny Arcade expo and it was pretty fun.

I dont know what your comment regarding "is an all-play" is about. All-Play is an EA Sports branding for Wii titles, this is an Ubisoft game.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
I dont know what your comment regarding "is an all-play" is about. All-Play is an EA Sports branding for Wii titles, this is an Ubisoft game.[/quote]

I meant that it was supposed to be "accessible" in the way that the Wii titles from EA are. I don't mind that for football, but I don't want to end up with a Wii Ski control scheme... :)

I'm going to go on a limb and say it's an "exclusive" mountain cram packed with Target logos everywhere that's only available in the Target edition.

if you want to try something new then go for the wii version. if you like the status quo of things, then stick with the 360. if you like the controls in skate it for 360/ps3, then get the 360 version of shaun white [it'll probably work the same as skate it].

Wait a month and get it either on Target clearance, or when the game drops in price from not selling well?

Unless you absolutely have to have this day one.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm going to go on a limb and say it's an "exclusive" mountain cram packed with Target logos everywhere that's only available in the Target edition.[/quote]

yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the level they have been showing in the commercials when promoting the "exclusive target edition". The one shown in the commercial just has a bunch of areas where the red bullseye logo is placed on things.

bread's done
Back