The Simpsons Game (360/PS3/Wii) $10 @ Best Buy (in-store pickup for no S+H)

[quote name='bmachine']I think I've only seen one episode of the Simpsons, ever. No shit.

Will I enjoy this?[/quote]

maybe... you may not get all the jokes or dialog... but I think the game includes alot of footage not shown on tv.

Been waiting for this price, but damn backlog is way too large and growing larger. Ordered it anyway.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Picked mine up today and i didnt even see this post before hand.[/quote]

so you're telling us you weren't going to inform other cags about this awesome deal??? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

anyways, kinda surprised they are taking backorders for just a $10 game, that won't ship till two more weeks.

Does anyone know how you can cancel an in-store order?

NM: I called and had the game relocated to another store.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, been waiting to pick this up on the cheap after playing the demo. $10.70 with in-store pickup is certainly on the cheap :D

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Does anyone know how you can cancel an in-store order?[/quote]

I think you have to call them... or email, but calling them would probably speed things up.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Does anyone know how you can cancel an in-store order?[/QUOTE]

I believe if you do not pick the order up within like 8 days or something, its automatically canceled, call the store to confirm.

[quote name='prateeko']How long do you have to pick up an item? I won't be free till the weekend or so...[/quote]

As NegativeZero said, I think it's around 7 days or somewhere around there before it's automatically canceled.

*Your order will be held at the store for 8 days. To ensure your security if you do not pick up your order, we'll cancel it and refund your credit card and/or gift card at the end of this timeframe.

Picked one up today.... definitely makes up for me missing out on this game when Target was selling it for 12$ a couple months ago.

Dont go for the Wii version, which is similar to the PS2 version meaning scaled back environments, features and obviously low quality graphics. It has features removed for no good reason.

Stopped by bestbuy instore picked up The Simpsons game for 360. Also, picked up Kill Bill 1 & 2 for $12 plus Free $10 Gift Card (pricematch with bestbuy.com deal). Plus few guides book for penny (PES 2008, The Orange Box, Final Fantasy Tactics: TWOTL, God of War for PSP, Bully, Codes & Cheats (Spring & Summer 2008 version) and Codes & Cheat vol. 1, and army of two.

Also, get best buy pricematch with Target Buy 2 wii games get 1 free (SNK Arcade Classics vol. 1 $0.01, Star Wars: Complete Triology $20 and Rayman Raving Rabbits $20 and use $10 Gift Card knock down $30 plus taxes.

Just got home from picking up my 360 version. I chuckled when I saw the attendant reach for my order and next to it were like 10 copies of the Simpsons for the PS3. I would of got one for the PS3 but they didn't have any available for in store pickup. Does anyone know what the best version is (PSP, PS3, Wii, 360)?

[quote name='jalopez86']Does anyone know what the best version is (PSP, PS3, Wii, 360)?[/QUOTE]

according to game rankings...

The Simpsons Game Xbox 360 72.6%
The Simpsons Game PlayStation 3 71.4%
The Simpsons Game DS 68.9%
The Simpsons Game PlayStation 2 67.6%
The Simpsons Game Wii 63.7%
The Simpsons Game PSP 57.4%

My store said they didn't have any online, but I went to check anyway and they have at least 5 copies. I never trust in-store inventory that is on websites.

[quote name='xycury']so you're telling us you weren't going to inform other cags about this awesome deal??? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

anyways, kinda surprised they are taking backorders for just a $10 game, that won't ship till two more weeks.[/quote]

Nope was going to until i saw this thread with 3 pages of posts. :applause:

thanks picked one up for the 360 at ptc,ga and I had a $5 gift card, so i got mine for 5.49
Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Thanks OP! Ordered the 360 version for instore pickup.[/QUOTE]Boooo, the store I ordered from turned out not to have any. Now none of the stores near me have them.

So I went and picked it up today, thanks for the heads up OP. Perfect price for a fun game, enjoying it so far =D

Managed to change my pickup order to another store and thankfully I called when I did because they only had one copy left and my order was fulfilled!

Couldn't get the website to take my RZ certificate, so I stopped by on the way home and picked up a 360 copy for $5.38 after coupon.

For those in OC, the Fullerton store had 5 or 6 left of the 360 version. They're still tagged at $29.99, so they might be safe for another day or so. Good luck!

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Quick question you guys... the link below leads me to believe there's more than one poster version that comes with the game.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8b-49-en-70-2e2m.html

So, does the same poster come in every game or do you get a random poster? Or does the poster you get depend on the console version of the game? Just for the record I bought the 360 version and got the 'Medal of Homer' poster.[/quote]

I wasn't even aware each game had a poster in it...you sure this wasn't for overseas customers or preorder bonuses?

the back of the game indicates that the metal of homer poster is a best buy exclusive... so if that helps at all.

wikipedia says that each of the systems had their own unique box/cover art, too.

[edit] i would have loved the big super happy fun-fun game poster

[quote name='prateeko']Is there a reason why I can't enter my frickin Reward Zone number when I try to check out + in store pick up?![/QUOTE]

weird... worked for me no problem. it will only allow you to enter one code per purchase, though.

At launch, different stores carried different posters. Best Buy had Medal Of Homer, WalMart had Neverquest, Target had Big Super Happy Fun Game, and Gamestop had the Bartman poster in addition to the Homerball.

[quote name='prateeko']Is there a reason why I can't enter my frickin Reward Zone number when I try to check out + in store pick up?![/QUOTE]
I had the same problem - I think their system is being really picky with RZ numbers and certs online. I just used the certificate in-store and avoided ordering online.

bread's done
Back