The Simpsons Game - Gen. Discussion

fyi

i'm a big simpsons fan, but for those who are thinking about buying this game, be aware you will hate it with a passion once you get all the achievements...

[quote name='jabbasi']fyi

i'm a big simpsons fan, but for those who are thinking about buying this game, be aware you will hate it with a passion once you get all the achievements...[/QUOTE]

I kind of figured it was impossible to get all the achievements. How in the hell do you do the floating Homer time challenges? I can barely get a few of the (stars, donuts, whatever the hell they are - I forget) before the timer runs out - barely 1/4 the way through.

And the "perfect" score on the DDR ending game is impossible with a standard 360 controller. Maybe if you had a different controller (with a precise d-pad) it wouldn't be too hard. I could barely finish that level let alone do it perfectly. Maybe my d-pads are worse than most, but I can push at the very edge of one side and it will register it is 2 or 3 sides together :roll:.

I got it from Gamefly and breezed through it on a weekend last month. Good game, not a keeper. Of course I didn't do all the collection achievements. Any Simpsons fan should at least give it a rent.

Wow io, your 360 D-Pad must hate you. I used my D-Pad And I only got one thing wrong (which sucks because I JUST missed the perfect achievement).

[quote name='Azumangaman']Wow io, your 360 D-Pad must hate you. I used my D-Pad And I only got one thing wrong (which sucks because I JUST missed the perfect achievement).[/QUOTE]

I had to do the game like 6 or 7 times to get through it. I'll push right and it will register like left and up :roll:. The thing is unusable.

[quote name='io']I had to do the game like 6 or 7 times to get through it. I'll push right and it will register like left and up :roll:. The thing is unusable.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that section should of been way easier than it actually was

[quote name='akilshohen']yeah, that section should of been way easier than it actually was[/QUOTE]

If they gave you the option of using the buttons instead of the d-pad it would have been WAY easier. If I could have used A-B-X-Y for the directions I could have done it with no errors with all the times I had to redo it.

This game is just one big ball of frustrating, awful camera. I'm sitting here with a slew of blockbuster games and for some reason I play this one. Yet, I feel like I need to beat it.

I just started playing this a couple days ago and I got to say I'm actually really surprised at how fun it is. The camera issues haven't really affected the game at all a few levels in. But of course I had VERY low expectations...

Talk about a bad game demo! I quit 10 minutes in bored, frustrated, and with a headache.

I didn't feel like I had any significant camera issues when I played the game. I think that entire criticism is really unfounded. The game is much better than the demo and I encourage people to give it a shot, if even just for the fake game posters strewn about the game.

With this game dropping in price, the comedy justifies the purchase alone.

I just finished it, don't judge it by the demo - it was very fun and humorous.

Also: Never had a problem with the camera like I did in the demo.

finished it as well the last part was frustating as hell though since you had to use the dpad for inputs(hate the xbox's d pad).

Can this be had for cheap ANYWHERE? Really been waiting a while for this game. It's an EA game, damnit. This should have been $20 by this point :bomb:

I dunno I had a blast through the whole game it was definatly worth full price to me. In fact I still have it so I can eventually go back and collect all the stuff ( possibly).

Looks like EA is set to shut down the multiplayer servers for this game on March 16. I have this but have not cracked the seal. Anyone want to get the multiplayer achievements with me before it's too late?

[quote name='Tybee']Looks like EA is set to shut down the multiplayer servers for this game on March 16. I have this but have not cracked the seal. Anyone want to get the multiplayer achievements with me before it's too late?[/QUOTE]

wow, this game has a multiplayer? i played it and traded it without even noticing lol

[quote name='Tybee']Looks like EA is set to shut down the multiplayer servers for this game on March 16. I have this but have not cracked the seal. Anyone want to get the multiplayer achievements with me before it's too late?[/QUOTE]

there are no achievements in here that require online or multiplayer... in fact, i don't even think you CAN play it multiplayer, i think the servers were just for leaderboards...

[quote name='DocRamon']there are no achievements in here that require online or multiplayer... in fact, i don't even think you CAN play it multiplayer, i think the servers were just for leaderboards...[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

[quote name='Maklershed']Put my preorder in the other day. They better have the homerball and poster available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you did.

They should drop this down 5 bucks.

Picked the game up for $10 about 3 months ago at Wal Mart, played multiplayer with the gf and got 2/3 thru the game, then the save game corrupted, and I got the RROD. I'm figuring I have to play the whole thing over (which is monotonous and incredibly irritating). I'll give cust. support a call about the corrupted game save as well. If there's any way to recover any of it, I'm there. I enjoy the game -- Love the Simpsons! -- it's just annoying.

bummer they are shutting it down, i have just been sitting on the game waiting to play through online with my brother or something, doubt I'll get it done in time.

[quote name='cancermatt']Picked the game up for $10 about 3 months ago at Wal Mart, played multiplayer with the gf and got 2/3 thru the game, then the save game corrupted, and I got the RROD. I'm figuring I have to play the whole thing over (which is monotonous and incredibly irritating). I'll give cust. support a call about the corrupted game save as well. If there's any way to recover any of it, I'm there. I enjoy the game -- Love the Simpsons! -- it's just annoying.[/QUOTE]

You have to quit to the main menu before turning off your 360. If you turn off your 360 or go to dashboard without quitting to menu first, you'll lose your save. Can't believe they never patched that crap.

[quote name='gareman']Yeah you did.

They should drop this down 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is I'm paranoid that I missed out on something 2.5 years ago. Because if I pre-ordered, I sure as hell never got a homerball or poster. I'm worried I pre-ordered this and completely forgot about it and Gamestop ate up my $5 (or more) dollars. :lol:

[quote name='bs000']You have to quit to the main menu before turning off your 360. If you turn off your 360 or go to dashboard without quitting to menu first, you'll lose your save. Can't believe they never patched that crap.[/QUOTE]

this.

i was a little more than halfway finished with it, then got the corrupted save and stopped playing for months. eventually came back to it cause i hated it sitting in my games list taunting me, unfinished. eventually did beat it though. haven't 1000'd it though. someday.

but yeah, it's a bit on the boring side... starting over is hard to do.

I highly enjoyed the title, well worth the play through. It does justice to the tv show and has some really funny moments in it. The nostalgia from episode references can be found in story plot or just walking through town.

[quote name='Maklershed']The funny thing is I'm paranoid that I missed out on something 2.5 years ago. Because if I pre-ordered, I sure as hell never got a homerball or poster. I'm worried I pre-ordered this and completely forgot about it and Gamestop ate up my $5 (or more) dollars. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Have you tried using this http://www.gamestop.com/credit?

I apparently had pre-ordered a few games and forgotten about them, I was able to get about $15.00 in credit back.

I've been thinking about picking this up.

Would it be a good 2-player romp for my gf and me?

I'm also thinking about getting Simpsons: Hit & Run for the original Xbox.

Both from Goozex.

[quote name='yukine']Have you tried using this http://www.gamestop.com/credit?

I apparently had pre-ordered a few games and forgotten about them, I was able to get about $15.00 in credit back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks for the link. I had $30 in unused pre-order credit. I had no idea that this option existed. It's much better than cancelling in-store since it goes against the employee cancelling the pre-order. Not all GS employees are douchebags.

[quote name='yukine']Have you tried using this http://www.gamestop.com/credit?

I apparently had pre-ordered a few games and forgotten about them, I was able to get about $15.00 in credit back.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm .. I have about $50 credit that I definitely know about but its not showing up through that link.

EDIT: Oh its just for unused reservation credit. Carry on.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I've been thinking about picking this up.

Would it be a good 2-player romp for my gf and me?

I'm also thinking about getting Simpsons: Hit & Run for the original Xbox.

Both from Goozex.[/QUOTE]Have barely touched this game so I dunno bout the first question, but as far as Hit & Run is concerned I really liked it back when it came out. It's sorta a GTA clone like people said it was, however, there was no shooting, just collecting items and platforming IIRC. Lots of fun and tie ins to the show, but may look dated now and I don't know if it's bc. Also, had a fun unlockable minigame, I think a multiplayer racing game. If you don't mind playing last gen stuff, are able to play it bc or on ogxbox and like the show I recommend getting it.

Plus it was the first game I remember ever seeing that tied in to the dates on the system clock. Like at Christmas Krusty wore a Santa Clause outfit. :lol:

Actually I think Hit and Run was the first Xbox game I owned. (If you don't count MotoGP or Whacked)

Get it. There's a good amount of fan service. I had just started watching the show (2 back 2 back reruns a day on a station here) so I would probably catch even more now.

My husband and I started playing this game yesterday, looking for a co-op game we could play together. After trying our newly purchased copy of Perfect Dark Zero and really, really disliking it (controls suck so hard), we popped in Simpsons, and we were delighted to find it so amusing. My husband has never seen a Simpsons episode, yet he's still laughing. There's enough funny jokes and video game references to keep a gamer happy even without much knowledge of the show.

And seriously, there's a crazy amount of collectibles.

[quote name='utopianmachine']My husband and I started playing this game yesterday, looking for a co-op game we could play together. After trying our newly purchased copy of Perfect Dark Zero and really, really disliking it (controls suck so hard), we popped in Simpsons, and we were delighted to find it so amusing. My husband has never seen a Simpsons episode, yet he's still laughing. There's enough funny jokes and video game references to keep a gamer happy even without much knowledge of the show.

And seriously, there's a crazy amount of collectibles.[/QUOTE]

Stick with trying to obtain all of the video game cliches and leave the rest. Unless you like 10 hours of exploring the town of Springfield...:D

[quote name='utopianmachine']My husband and I started playing this game yesterday, looking for a co-op game we could play together. After trying our newly purchased copy of Perfect Dark Zero and really, really disliking it (controls suck so hard), we popped in Simpsons, and we were delighted to find it so amusing. My husband has never seen a Simpsons episode, yet he's still laughing. There's enough funny jokes and video game references to keep a gamer happy even without much knowledge of the show.

And seriously, there's a crazy amount of collectibles.[/QUOTE]

Your husband has never seen the Simpsons? How is that possible?

Thanks for the note about the co-op. Been thinking about a co-op game to play with my wife and was going to go with either this or one of the many LEGO titles on my shelf.

bread's done
Back