The Sims 3

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Shugola! Dim ta wotika fem fem boolah!

http://thesims3.ea.com/home.php?languageCode=1

Anyone else feel the new game looks a bit creepy, with Sims looking more real/less-comical now?

EA REVEALS FIRST DETAILS OF NEXT-GENERATION FLAGSHIP PC GAME, COMING IN 2009 The Sims 3 Gives You Complete Freedom, Inspiring You With Endless Creative Possibilities

Guildford, UK -- March 19, 2008 -- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the first details on one of interactive entertainment's most anticipated games, The Sims™ 3. Featuring a brand new engine that has been in development for nearly three years, The Sims 3 allows you to immerse your unique Sims in an open living neighbourhood right outside their door. The initial feature-set unveiled includes the new seamless, open neighbourhood, new Create-A-Sim, new realistic personalities and new unlimited customization. The Sims 3 will launch globally in 2009.

The Sims franchise has long been recognized for its appeal to a universal audience, both male and female, and at any age. Its broad appeal and loyal The Sims community has vaulted the franchise to an impressive 98 million games sold around the world and translated into 22 different languages. Celebrated for its creativity, humour, and community, The Sims franchise has become a global and cultural phenomenon since its inception in 2000.

Now, The Sims 3 is being designed to be the next-generation flagship game from The Sims Label.

"In The Sims 3, Sims can go beyond the boundaries of their home lot, and immerse themselves in an open, living neighbourhood, interacting with other Sims using our new deeper personality system," said Rod Humble, Head of The Sims Studio. "It is this type of open-ended gameplay that inspires endless creative possibilities. In addition the new goals and rewards systems will give players of all kinds from core gamers to storytellers the ability to enjoy long-term gameplay."

New Seamless, Open Neighbourhood--Explore the Neighbourhood Freely.
See the sights with your Sims! The new seamless neighbourhood architecture allows your Sims to roam freely around the neighbourhood and visit their loved one and friends--or foes. Discovering other Sims homes and families, traveling around to new locations like City Hall or the local park will create a whole new way of life for your Sims. Storytelling options will multiply as your Sims stroll downtown to meet new acquaintances, head across town for lunch, spy on their neighbours and bump into the boss when they least expect it.

New Create A Sim--Create Any Sim You Can Imagine.
In addition to the open, living neighbourhood, the all-new Create-a-Sim interface will feature easy-to-use design tools that allow you to make truly detailed Sims that are more realistic than ever. Create-a-Sim gives you the incredible freedom to customize just about any Sim you can imagine. From thin to full-figured to muscular--everything in between and even the extreme! In addition to determining your Sims body shape and size, you will also be able to fine-tune every feature on their faces, customize their hair style and select their skin tone, all from a vast selection of options. With so many choices to choose from, it is fun to create more realistic characters that look like you, someone you want to look like, or even a famous personality.

New Realistic Personalities--Every Sim Is A Unique Person, With A Distinct Personality
With the innovative and proprietary Realistic Personality System in The Sims 3, you can attribute each character with five distinct personality traits, helping shape your Sims behaviour and how they interact with others and their surroundings. This new system will empower you to create extremely complex and diverse in-game personalities. Will you create the nosy, inappropriate, kleptomaniac grandmother who loves to meddle in other people's business? Or the commitment-phobic, hot-headed punk rocker whose rude nature and childish disposition keeps him from scoring a date? In The Sims 3, Sims will go beyond the basic set of day-to-day needs to be distinct individuals with multifaceted personalities, who can focus both on short-term opportunities and long-term goals. With a wide selection of personality traits to mix and match, more than 700 million combinations of Sims await. You never know who'll meet in The Sims 3!

New Unlimited Customization--Everyone Can Customize Everything!
New and accessible creativity tools in The Sims 3 make it simple for anyone to customize anything, anywhere! From floors to flowers, fashions to sofas, wallpaper to window shades and more, The Sims 3 gives you all the flexibility and options you need to be the architect of your dream house or explore your interior design skills to outfit your ultimate home. Your Sims can make home an ultra-deluxe mansion, a cool bachelor pad, family's dream home or charming cottage. The choice is yours in The Sims 3.

"The new engine and technologies in The Sims 3 are designed to unleash the player's imagination with realistic looking Sims who have distinct personalities and a seamless living neighborhood for them to discover," added Ben Bell, Executive Producer on The Sims 3. "Players are going to be thrilled by the level of realism in The Sims 3!"

For more information visit www.TheSims3.com.

damn you beat me to it. I knew they were going to make an announcement this week but Jericho and my 360 RRoD on me made me forget about this.

I really hope they stop the expansion juggernaut with this game. I have purchased University and Pets for Sims 2 and that was it. This game better have PETS already included in the main game or at least allow you to use SIMS 2 expansion packs with this game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']damn you beat me to it. I knew they were going to make an announcement this week but Jericho and my 360 RRoD on me made me forget about this.

I really hope they stop the expansion juggernaut with this game. I have purchased University and Pets for Sims 2 and that was it. This game better have PETS already included in the main game or at least allow you to use SIMS 2 expansion packs with this game.[/quote]

EA makes a ton of money off those expansions, so that won't be happening. I read a big article about the game and it sounds really neat. The biggest difference between sims 3 & 2 is that in 3 everyone ages at all times and it's on big continuous town instead of being a bunch of different lots. I can't wait to give it a try.

[quote name='mrelusive']:rofl:[/quote]

Yea wishful thinking I know.... Maybe if it was MAXIS they would stop, but this is EA...and they will Milk this cow to death.

Maybe if the Battlefield Heroes route impresses EA, they might switch some expansion content to micro-transactions?

But yeah, I don't see EA offering "everything but the kitchen sink" with The Sims 3 (in terms of content) or just one huge expansion.

I read this Monday in Games for Windows. Maybe they'll get The Sims right this time around? Well regardless Spore isn't far off and I'll probably find that infinitely better.

Sims 2 has around, what, 10 or 15 expansions by now? We should start a pot going for how many they'll release before we get to "The Sims 4: Space deepens our pockets".

i think the sims look pretty much the same? am i the only one who doesn't see the graphical difference?

The graphics are pitiful. Honestly, I prefer the original Sims' graphics, if for no other reason than they have personality and character.

Trying to make characters and game worlds too realistic, as is the case with The Sims 3, often fails because people instantly see how imperfect the models are when compared to the real world. Indeed, The Sims 3 reminds me of those hokey simulators you see on The History Channel when they say, "Cutting edge 3d technology allows us to see..."

[quote name='Serik']The graphics are pitiful. Honestly, I prefer the original Sims' graphics, if for no other reason than they have personality and character.

Trying to make characters and game worlds too realistic, as is the case with The Sims 3, often fails because people instantly see how imperfect the models are when compared to the real world. Indeed, The Sims 3 reminds me of those hokey simulators you see on The History Channel when they say, "Cutting edge 3d technology allows us to see..."[/quote]

[quote name='kainzero']i think the sims look pretty much the same? am i the only one who doesn't see the graphical difference?[/quote]

I really can't see a difference between Sims 2 and Sims 3. EA is going to have to offer us something really good on 3 to make everyone from Sims 2 jump ship. The only expansion I care about is Pets.

[quote name='jamiesc']that is just Creepy what next real sims[/quote]
There's a game like that already. It's an MMO called "RL". It's free to play but there's tons of micro transactions that are pretty much necessary to play.

[quote name='Clarke']There's a game like that already. It's an MMO called "RL". It's free to play but there's tons of micro transactions that are pretty much necessary to play.[/quote]Unless you play on the Sweden realm. The publisher pretty much pays for your micro transactions on there.

The screenshots they showed for this game are pretty average in my opinion. They don't look any better than Sims 2. I was expecting a huge change in visuals but instead was let down.

It will be interesting to see if they improve the visuals of this game over time between now and the release.

Being an avid sims fan, when I first heard about Sims 3, I was excited. But, now I'm almost having mixed feelings. With it LOOKING the same as Sims 2, that really turned me off. But, with a lot of the things being more real, and the updated aging process, thats great. But, if your trying to make an almost "Realistic" game, then why take away (or "Tone Down"), bars that you could not live without in life, such as the bladder bar and the sleeping(can't remember the real name) bar.

Confusing, but, being me, I'm will buy it when it comes out. Though, the if they keep using the same copy protection, it's gonna be a bitch. No copy protection< secuROM < Older copy protection.

Has there been any word on a demo or beta version of this game out? Personally, these games are not my cup of tea but these are the only games my sister will play and I told her I would take a look. Thanks in advance.

edit: Yeah so I don't know why I didn't google before I asked here but if anyone else was wondering there is no beta and the only demo is some cheesy thing on their website where you can design houses and furniture but is not actually anything like the real game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neverletthem']Being an avid sims fan, when I first heard about Sims 3, I was excited. But, now I'm almost having mixed feelings. With it LOOKING the same as Sims 2, that really turned me off. But, with a lot of the things being more real, and the updated aging process, thats great. But, if your trying to make an almost "Realistic" game, then why take away (or "Tone Down"), bars that you could not live without in life, such as the bladder bar and the sleeping(can't remember the real name) bar.

Confusing, but, being me, I'm will buy it when it comes out. Though, the if they keep using the same copy protection, it's gonna be a bitch. No copy protection< secuROM < Older copy protection.[/QUOTE]

they are taking out bars like bladder and make that less of a focus on the game. The biggest difference is that the whole town is like one big lot now instead of a bunch of different lots, so the whole world is running all at once.

WHAT THE HELL?

The Bonus Vintage Sports car code when you preorder The Sims 3 CE is ALREADY EXPIRED???

RIP OFF!!!

I am returning the pre-order to Best Buy for a $5 refund!!!

I preordered this when gogamer had it for like 11 bucks off and got it today. I wonder who messed up that it was shipped so early?

Also, the instruction manual lists installation instructions for Third Party Online Users, so that sounds like steam to me.

still on the fence about this game. It will be fun for a month, then stop...then wait 6 months for PETS (or animalz) and then another month of fun, then STOP.....

So far it seems pretty fun. I haven't played Sims since the first one, but there is a good amount of stuff to keep you motivated towards goals. I have had it crash on me twice so my advice is to save often since it doesn't auto save.

[quote name='ITDEFX']still on the fence about this game. It will be fun for a month, then stop...then wait 6 months for PETS (or animalz) and then another month of fun, then STOP.....[/QUOTE]

That was my pattern with The Sims 2. But the amount I play it during that month makes it well worth the price. Getting mine tomorrow and looking forward to it consuming my life for the next couple weeks at least.

Ya, I play (and still a bit) play Sims 2 in short intense bursts. I only start to get bored really when I have enough money to be comfortable/buy whatever I want. It's a lot more fun when you first start and can barely afford to buy food and upgrade your sims.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, I play (and still a bit) play Sims 2 in short intense bursts. I only start to get bored really when I have enough money to be comfortable/buy whatever I want. It's a lot more fun when you first start and can barely afford to buy food and upgrade your sims.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Playing Legacy houses in 2 got boring after a while once you had more than enough money and could buy anything and not have to work. The early parts of the game are definitely the best, I'm hoping 3 will find a way to correct that (admittedly slight) balance issue.

I really enjoyed the first Sims. The new ones look kinda creepy because the character models are less abstract. So in that way I prefer the visual style of the first game.

WHAT THE HELL?

The Bonus Vintage Sports car code when you preorder The Sims 3 CE is ALREADY EXPIRED???

RIP OFF!!!

I am returning the pre-order to Best Buy for a $5 refund!!!

Those were probably printed when the game was due out in February.

Can't wait for it to come out tomorrow!! :bouncy:

so.. this thing installs, gets to what looks like 90% or so, then just kinda hangs around. It's been sitting a good 15 minutes. I don't think it's done installing, but it's not progressing. Help? Anyone else having issues?

[quote name='Scorch']so.. this thing installs, gets to what looks like 90% or so, then just kinda hangs around. It's been sitting a good 15 minutes. I don't think it's done installing, but it's not progressing. Help? Anyone else having issues?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't remember running into that problem, but I wasn't really focused on it. I think it took quite a while, though.... but i think by now you would have probably figured out if it was screwed up or if it was just hung up.

[quote name='sundrop']There is no secur-rom on Sims 3, just standard cd-key and disc in drive protection.[/QUOTE]

about time!

[quote name='sundrop']There is no secur-rom on Sims 3, just standard cd-key and disc in drive protection.[/QUOTE]

On a Maxis game, damn. EA is wising their shit up.

If CC was still around, they would have dropped the CE to the normal edition price.... the CE doesn't look like it's worth it this time around.

wife spent like 2 hours just creating a sim.... barely had any time in game... she'll spend hours designing houses.

the install was like 1.5 hours... freaking amazing of how much that needs to be dumped on.

I think the game ran fine, but she's got a shitty dual core celeron, we'll soon upgrade, but we managed to get her to 4GB of 800 DDR2 for cheap.

I'll have to ask her if it was as fast as sims 2 or not... that damn thing was a HUGE load, took forever after you added the 10th expansion pack...

[quote name='SuperJedi']Anyone guess if the CE will be cheaper in a year there will still be many, like the Spore case?[/QUOTE]
Maybe. Though Spore was a truly horrendous game, and people figured that out pretty quickly. From my brief time playing Sims 3 last night, it's even better than the last one.

My only complaint so far is the limited number of items, etc, but that's obviously the least shocking thing since.. well.. no, it's the least shocking thing ever. I have the free 1000 simpoints to spend in the store but there's nothing much good in there yet. Hoping they add some cool items there rather than just releasing all of them in EPs (which I'll probably buy anyway).

I have the Sims 2 with the first 3 expansion packs, and even then the number of items are pretty limited. The free user-created content has always been the best way to get more stuff.

[quote name='bvharris']Maybe. Though Spore was a truly horrendous game, and people figured that out pretty quickly. From my brief time playing Sims 3 last night, it's even better than the last one.

My only complaint so far is the limited number of items, etc, but that's obviously the least shocking thing since.. well.. no, it's the least shocking thing ever. I have the free 1000 simpoints to spend in the store but there's nothing much good in there yet. Hoping they add some cool items there rather than just releasing all of them in EPs (which I'll probably buy anyway).[/QUOTE]

look up sims resource in a search engine. Not all the items are free, but there is more than enough to satisy most people's needs

[quote name='n25philly']look up sims resource in a search engine. Not all the items are free, but there is more than enough to satisy most people's needs[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of sims resource. My point was just I wish EA would offer more items rather than trying to milk people for every last red cent. But hey, if they can get away with it, why not?

Advice: do NOT marry a rich girl and move into her well-furnished house. Now I feel like I have nothing left to do with this game; I'm worth like 2 or 3 hundred thousand and can buy whatever I want, really. I miss my 1 bath, 2-BR house when I was just getting by. :whistle2:(

CRC error when trying to install it on my brother's PC.

but it works on the iMac. Weird. Anyone having problems with the speed thing? Speed 3 and 4 are nearly identical and I have to play a long waiting game while my Sim is sleeping. Spent like 2 hours creating my Sim and his house. ugh.

that's because my PC sucks for some reason. you might need to install new memory or uninstall daemon tools.

I got it yesterday and put in about 3 hours today. It's pretty good. It's actually a lot better than The Sims 2 in pretty much every way. I have a few minor complaints, but overall, they improved everything that I thought was wrong about Sims 2... and probably my favorite thing is that it can alt+tab very very quickly unlike Sims 2 which was a massive resource hog.

I would like to wait for a price drop but I'll probably break down and get it at the EA store with the free expedited shipping. I'm already getting essentially 50% off, no need to press I guess.

bread's done
Back