The Sky Crawlers (wii) Gamestop $9.99 new\ $8.99 used.

Hopefully it'll be in stock whenever I get the $10 credit from Gamestop for my Red Dead Redemption preorder. Nearly forgot about this game. Wanted to pick this up for cheap because it's from the Ace Combat team (don't care much for the anime it's based on tho).

Thanks, OP.

Me and a friend went to three different gamestops looking for a black wii and only one store had ONE copy of sky crawlers, the employee told me after the $10 drop everyone is getting it, so pick one up as soon as possible

I'm gonna hit my local stores today hoping for a sealed copy. If I strike out, Newegg stocks it and it'll be $10 there or on amazon before too long.

The 6th and final GS I was going to call has a sealed copy (on hold for me now). Of course, it had to be the furthest GS I'm willing to drive to.

Ugh. I hate the hoops I have to jump through to get a new game at GS.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This any good?[/QUOTE]

No. Buy it only if you REALLY like the cartoon. It's pretty watered down. I bought it thinking it waaws going to be like Ace Combat... I was wrong.

[quote name='NewOrder01']No. Buy it only if you REALLY like the cartoon. It's pretty watered down. I bought it thinking it waaws going to be like Ace Combat... I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... alright thanks.

so if you didn't like Ace Combat, due to difficulty, is this one easier and more fun? less technical?? I haven't bought my $10 game this week, this could fit the bill..

The controls look really cool.

Man, I so don't want to go out to Gamestop (eww)... but then again this game cannot be found for $10 anywhere!

[quote name='token2k6']so if you didn't like Ace Combat, due to difficulty, is this one easier and more fun? less technical?? I haven't bought my $10 game this week, this could fit the bill..[/QUOTE]

Pretty straight-forward and not technical at all (my 10yo and 7yo were playing this the other day). Almost arcade-like with the power-up kills (forget what they're called).

All-in-all a killer deal for $10. :applause:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Ugh... alright thanks.[/QUOTE]

Check out this link as see what you think. The thing I did not like was that there are no takeoff/landing sequences and you dont have full control of the aircraft. you can climb, descend and bank using the nunchuk BUT all the fancy maneuvering was all preprogrammed into the wiimote by pressing left, right, up or down on the D-pad and NOT on the nunchuk.
In the video the player did some kind of descending 180 turn. This was accomplished by pressing a button on the D-pad. Hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DozzAmPLaxA&NR=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the game today at GS. It was a new copy, but of course not sealed. This will probably mark one of the two games I buy from GS this year, seeing as I tend to buy new Wii clearance games only there. I am in dire need for something to fill the Star Fox void for awhile, and for $10, I'm sure this can do the job.

[quote name='token2k6']so if you didn't like Ace Combat, due to difficulty, is this one easier and more fun? less technical??[/QUOTE] I'm sorry. I gotta call you out on this. Ahem... wat? AC was slightly less arcadey than Afterburner and slightly more than HAWX. I don't see how AC could be all THAT hard unless you had a few really bad rounds of CIRCLE THE ENEMY FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER UNTIL YOU FINALLY GET TONE.

That said, wasn't a big fan of TSC but didn't play more than a couple of levels. If you WANT more Ace Combat, I'd say just hunt down HAWX.

I picked up the last sealed copy at the West Madison Gamestop.

I'm curious to take a look at it as I'm a flight sim fan, but not the fanatic that some here are. Should be worth a look for the $10 price point.

[quote name='psunami']I picked up the last sealed copy at the West Madison Gamestop.

I'm curious to take a look at it as I'm a flight sim fan, but not the fanatic that some here are. Should be worth a look for the $10 price point.[/QUOTE]

did yours have the factory fold seal or was it a heat shrinked type look? I went to one but it had the funny messy shrink wrapping around it

Mine (purchased from a local Gamestop) has the standard factory seal with folds. The one you describe sounds resealed to me.

Why does it matter if it's sealed or not? If you're somewhat interested in this game just buy the damn thing, it's $10 for crying out loud...

[quote name='savor100']Why does it matter if it's sealed or not? If you're somewhat interested in this game just buy the damn thing, it's $10 for crying out loud...[/QUOTE]

Because gutted is not new.

If you intend to give it as a gift, an opened game is not what many would consider ideal.

Different strokes, different folks.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm sorry. I gotta call you out on this. Ahem... wat? AC was slightly less arcadey than Afterburner and slightly more than HAWX. I don't see how AC could be all THAT hard unless you had a few really bad rounds of CIRCLE THE ENEMY FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER UNTIL YOU FINALLY GET TONE.

That said, wasn't a big fan of TSC but didn't play more than a couple of levels. If you WANT more Ace Combat, I'd say just hunt down HAWX.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you can call me out sure, all I remember is getting Ace Combat 6 on the 360 b/c of all the hype at the time. It was my first ever AC game to play as well. Made it past the first level, thought it was cool as sh*t, then for some reason could never really get past the second level, I don't think I was doing it right :lol: I did get HAWX last weekend, haven't played it yet though..I just want an airplane game that reminds me of the best one and my most favorite: Crimson Skies..I know I'll get lambasted now b/c that isn't even the same category, but still, damn fine game that was. If that developer didn't waste time on Dark Void, and made Crimson Skies 2, it would have probably been a top seller!

BTW, this game is now featured in the GS weekly ad, so now those who didn't know about it thru CAG, know about it..

[quote name='token2k6']BTW, this game is now featured in the GS weekly ad, so now those who didn't know about it thru CAG, know about it..[/QUOTE]

Well, on the positive side, hopefully that means they'll be restocking the stores a bit, as a lot of the ones around here don't have it. Might make it a little more likely to find a sealed one.

[quote name='donssword']Because gutted is not new.

If you intend to give it as a gift, an opened game is not what many would consider ideal.

Different strokes, different folks.[/QUOTE]

I would rephrase it as "different nitpicks, different dipshits". It's good that everyone takes such a serious ethical stance on the plastic wrap but it's really become old hat by now, you know you can contribute to a GS thread WITHOUT having to qualify it with "I'll get it even though I hate GS/gutted games blah blah blah"

Anways I might pick this up, I haven't played a flight game in a while. Is all the in-flight chatter in engrish like the movie, and is it as happy and uplifting too?

[quote name='eastshore4']I would rephrase it as "different nitpicks, different dipshits". [/QUOTE]

Sure, but there is nothing to be gained by running around and calling people names, especially people who are contributing to the overall value of CAG.

There are other sites that appreciate a continuous stream of snarkiness.

[quote name='donssword']Sure, but there is nothing to be gained by running around and calling people names, especially people who are contributing to the overall value of CAG.

There are other sites that appreciate a continuous stream of snarkiness.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing to be gained by tossing in asides about how much you hate gutted games, all it does is rally the agreeables and annoy the disagreeables. Consider my reaction tough love.

[quote name='psunami']I picked up the last sealed copy at the West Madison Gamestop.

I'm curious to take a look at it as I'm a flight sim fan, but not the fanatic that some here are. Should be worth a look for the $10 price point.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will kill you :cool:

I don't care to get a used one if it's complete... and the case didn't look like it wanted to be replaced.

[quote name='eastshore4']There's nothing to be gained by tossing in asides about how much you hate gutted games, all it does is rally the agreeables and annoy the disagreeables. Consider my reaction tough love.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. GS love/hate posts in a deal thread should be left out, and I would consider them to be spam posts.

Walked into a random Gamestop on the way home from work yesterday and scored a sealed copy without incident. I didn't even have to ask for the non-gutted copy.

There's nothing to be gained by tossing in asides about how much you hate gutted games, all it does is rally the agreeables and annoy the disagreeables. Consider my reaction tough love.

It's a crummy practice because gutting games muddies the difference between new and used games so Gamestop can sell more used product, plus with initiatives like EA's pay-to-play online multiplayer with sports games the wound is a bit salty lately since it feels like EA is making a money grab under the guise of combating used sales while ignoring the aforementioned practice, which I would wager results in far more used sales than access to multiplayer.

Personally I wouldn't care as much if employees didn't "rent" them and throw them carelessly into sleeves, sometimes with multiple games to a sleeve, which causes damage to the disc.

If it's not discussion on gutting games, it's meta-discussion on whether gutting games should be discussed. There's no winning in these threads! :lol:

I feel you arcane, seems as though we would have accepted this by now since it like what, year 10+ of this company (and the 'ol EB) gutting games?? when I worked there we would always take very good care of the gutted games. They literally do not come out of that sleeve until there is a sale. This was before you could 'rent' games as an employee..that practice may have put a bad taste in some people's mouth I can understand..but if I ever 'rented' or what I used to called 'borrow' a game for the night (could only be done if I closed then opened :D ) I made damn sure there wasn't a fingerprint on it. Bottom line is, if you're not happy w/ your gutted 'new' game, just decline the sale, go to the next GS..

Now, the EA online pass IS kinda scary b/c if you get someone, say first week on the job, who is told to gut a game, they may not realize what this code is all about, then dare I say, leave it inside the case to put on the shelf. Then someone who knows better, searches the case and swipes it, but then its really GS who is SOL, however, if they sold it to you with no code, then refused a return...ahhh the chaos!! (not sure if I can use 'then' anymore in that sentence..)

[quote name='xycury']GS love/hate posts in a deal thread should be left out, and I would consider them to be spam posts.[/QUOTE]

I partially agree. But I also consider calling people on CAG "dipshits" because you disagree with them to be trolling.

Any GS post on CAG will sooner or later have some mention of GS business practices. Its inevitable, allowed, and part of the larger GS discussion, which for some CAGs is a very active and passionate discussion.

BTW -- Sky Crawlers is a featured game in this weekend's flyer that just posted today, and most stores have plenty of new copies in stock. Whether or not they are gutted, or that is important to you, is obviously territory we have already covered.

Have a great weekend.

[quote name='savor100']Why does it matter if it's sealed or not? If you're somewhat interested in this game just buy the damn thing, it's $10 for crying out loud...[/QUOTE]

I simply answered his question about the seal to be helpful, while your post is not helpful at all.

bread's done
Back