The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']Should we be guessing what video cards are offered, or were you going to give us a list of choices? Alienware is overpriced for what you get and I'm surprised someone who is considered a "tech wiz" would recommend them.[/QUOTE]
He didn't recommend them due to price. He's been a tech for PCs as well as worked for Apple, and he has both Apples and PCs. He swears by Apples, just for OS reasons, but if he had to choose any PC to have, he'd go with an Alienware for quality (not price).

[quote name='Idiotekque']He didn't recommend them due to price. He's been a tech for PCs as well as worked for Apple, and he has both Apples and PCs. He swears by Apples, just for OS reasons, but if he had to choose any PC to have, he'd go with an Alienware for quality (not price).[/QUOTE]

Ah, it all makes sense now.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've never heard of them, and one of the reasons I'm probably going with Alienware is because I only hear good things about them (especially from a tech wiz friend of mine), and I think they offer pretty good support. They're expensive, but they're supposed to be quality machines. I hear good about Asus too, so I'm not totally set on AW.

My question was what VIDEO CARD would be good in an Alienware M18, not what other brand I should buy instead. >.>[/QUOTE]

I have a dell XPS (since dell bought alienware, M series its basically a super/flashy XPS) and it has been .rock solid reliable for 16 months.

I looked again at the indie face kick bundle just now - mainly out of curiosity. 26 bundles sold since yesterday, with 38+ days left. OOOOFFFH. What do you all think the chances of them adding something/dropping the minimum price on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VanillaCena']Ah, it all makes sense now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's not exactly frugal, lol.

That said, awhile ago I was looking at a REFURBISHED M18 for around $2000 with and Intel Core i7 2720QM 2.2GHz processor and Crossfire 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970Ms.

It seemed like a nice setup in my price range, but there's so much negativity about AMD cards. The refurbished thing turns me off anyways.

[quote name='pROvIs']Its not really that one is better than another as they go back and forth. It just depends on what gives you better bang for your buck at that price point. Nvidia for me is kind of a tried and true and I have generally had less issues with their cards. They also for many years had much much better linux support. Nowaday I don't know if ATI/AMD are any better.[/QUOTE]

For whatever it's worth (just quoted your post for a point of reference, not trying to call you out or anything) AMD has "finally" committed to adopting Nvidia's driver release format (not that they put it this way) after years of forced monthly releases which almost always came way too late for day 0 game purchases and went a long way towards fostering the "AMD drivers suck" mentality. I'm not sure how quick they've been getting out "application profiles" and/or beta drivers for specific AAA games since like a true CAG I never buy a PC game the day it comes out (anyone that's curious should keep an eye on Darksiders II since it appears to be a tad titchy for AMD owners so far), but for games that aren't borked at the high end in favor of one company or another's GPUs from the start this should help AMD's performance parity. Unfortunately the immediate benefits for AMD owners is more or less restricted to Windows as Linux has turned into an even weirder ballgame for everybody (Linus hates Nvidia? WTF!?) lately... Crossfire is also going to continue to suck worse than SLI outside of multi-monitor setups (where Nvidia is at least making progress) for the foreseeable future even though the hardware is there for AMD this round.

Also, even though "out of box" performance is solidly in favor of Nvidia's new line at each price point their prices aren't coming down any time soon due to supply constraints (which have finally improved to the point that you don't have to overpay for a 680) whereas AMDkeeps dropping their MSRPs (alas not for the 7970 this round!) each time a new Nvidia card comes out.

Meanwhile even though AMD might have done something funny with their stock clocks in retrospect overclocking is great from the 7700 series on up so long as you (have your PC in a different room while gaming like CheapyD is wont to) don't mind the increased heat/noise/power draw, but due to the aforementioned supply constraints (or bad engineering if you believe Charlie) Nvidia has locked down the voltage on their cards so what you buy is pretty much what you get. That's without going into the disappearing act that CUDA has done since GPUcompute is about the last thing any of us care about.

All that said (people should just buy a GTX 670 and worry about the rest in a couple years), the best price/performance ratio at the moment is still in last gen cards like the HD 6950 that can be OCed/flashed into a 6970 but those will presumably come off the market eventually... Just like the black edition Phenom II CPUs did.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, he's not exactly frugal, lol.

That said, awhile ago I was looking at a REFURBISHED M18 for around $2000 with and Intel Core i7 2720QM 2.2GHz processor and Crossfire 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970Ms.

It seemed like a nice setup in my price range, but there's so much negativity about AMD cards. The refurbished thing turns me off anyways.[/QUOTE]
At least with Dell refurbs (Alienware is probably the same) a bunch of them are machines ordered and built and then canceled. I've picked up a few Dell refurb laptops from the outlet and none of them have had issues. If you're wary, just grab the warranty which for Dell is actually worth it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
This has gotten derailed though, so I'll ask my original question in a simpler way:

What would the smartest choice for a VIDEO CARD in a brand new, sparkly laptop be?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']Should we be guessing what video cards are offered, or were you going to give us a list of choices?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='plft']At least with Dell refurbs (Alienware is probably the same) a bunch of them are machines ordered and built and then canceled. I've picked up a few Dell refurb laptops from the outlet and none of them have had issues. If you're wary, just grab the warranty which for Dell is actually worth it.[/QUOTE]
I've just had REALLY bad luck with Dells. I mean, Alienware is Dell, but apparently they just don't have the same issues Dell has.

I'd riff on Dell, but I won't... The list of complaints I have is just way too long. Suffice to say, I'm not buying a Dell. >_

[quote name='Genocidal']Should we be guessing what video cards are offered, or were you going to give us a list of choices?[/QUOTE]
I don't have a list on hand; I have to do more shopping around. I was just wondering what is considered the best cost + quality video card (or cards) around right now. It seems like you can get an Alienware in it with pretty much anything in it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've just had REALLY bad luck with Dells. I mean, Alienware is Dell, but apparently they just don't have the same issues Dell has.

I'd riff on Dell, but I won't... The list of complaints I have is just way too long. Suffice to say, I'm not buying a Dell. >_

[quote name='6er']A few.years ago something big changed in their manufacturing process and or parts. Their quality shot waayy up in just a short time. Id explain it but I can't seem to remember[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Well the plastic beneath my laptop's screen just split from opening the screen. Normally I'd understand that to happen at some point, but I treat my electronics with a ridiculous amount of care, and I really haven't had the machine for that long. When I open and close the screen, I could always tell that there was a noticeable "tug" against the swivel components that would eventually spell disaster.

Not a huge deal, but it's just shown me (yet again) how shoddy the construction of Dells are. If they're better now, I don't know, but I feel it's high time to give a new company/division a try. Dell has gotten too much of me and my family's money, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I don't have a list on hand; I have to do more shopping around. I was just wondering what is considered the best cost + quality video card (or cards) around right now. It seems like you can get an Alienware in it with pretty much anything in it.[/QUOTE]

My advice: none.

A laptop is meant to be portable; everything is designed to be more compact at the cost of power and performance. A gaming laptop will be a burden to lug around due to its size (at least if you want something decent) and will cost a lot more than its desktop equivalent. And you will blaze through battery power if you game without an outlet nearby.

I can guarantee that you'll get a much better desktop PC for what your laptop will cost, and installing upgrades down the road will be so much easier. You can even upgrade to a 27" glasses-less 3D desktop monitor, but when's the last time you saw people upgrading the size of their laptop screens? The choice for gaming should be obvious. I highly doubt you'll be away from home often enough to need a mobile gaming center, anyway. ;)

[quote name='Blade']My advice: none.

A laptop is meant to be portable; everything is designed to be more compact at the cost of power and performance. A gaming laptop will be a burden to lug around due to its size (at least if you want something decent) and will cost a lot more than its desktop equivalent. And you will blaze through battery power if you game without an outlet nearby.

I can guarantee that you'll get a much better desktop PC for what your laptop will cost, and installing upgrades down the road will be so much easier. You can even upgrade to a 27" desktop monitor when glasses-less 3D becomes affordable, but when's the last time you saw people upgrading the size of their laptop screens? And finally, I highly doubt you'll be away from home often enough to need a mobile gaming center. ;)[/QUOTE]
I understand, but I'm not planning on staying in a single location. Not only am I really set on having the ability to move my computer around through out the day, I will probably be moving around in the near future. I may end up flying to another state to stay with some family friends for an untold amount of time, etc. Moving around with a desktop PC just isn't going to work for me.

I don't mind a laptop being "big", needing too much power, etc. I just really need a mobile all-in-one machine, even if it's clunky-mobile. That's a dealbreaker for me, even though I know how much smarter it would be to build a desktop PC.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I understand, but I'm not planning on staying in a single location. Not only am I really set on having the ability to move my computer around through out the day, I will probably be moving around in the near future. I may end up flying to another state to stay with some family friends for an untold amount of time, etc. Moving around with a desktop PC just isn't going to work for me.

I don't mind a laptop being "big", needing too much power, etc. I just really need a mobile all-in-one machine, even if it's clunky-mobile. That's a dealbreaker for me, even though I know how much smarter it would be to build a desktop PC.[/QUOTE]

OK, so now we're onto something. You don't want a gaming laptop per se. You want a gaming PC with a focus on portability. That is, easy to pack up as opposed to being able to use it while on a flight. Is this accurate?

Would a system with a small profile and output to a television as a display device or a smaller monitor suffice, then?

[quote name='DPsycho']OK, so now we're onto something. You don't want a gaming laptop per se. You want a gaming PC with a focus on portability. That is, easy to pack up as opposed to being able to use it while on a flight. Is this accurate?[/QUOTE]
Err, no. xD I'm probably 99% set on a laptop.

Sorry if I'm being confusing, I never meant to derail the topic either. I was just wondering what is the most popular cost effective graphics card to have in gaming laptops nowadays.

[quote name='Blade']My advice: none.

A laptop is meant to be portable; everything is designed to be more compact at the cost of power and performance. A gaming laptop will be a burden to lug around due to its size (at least if you want something decent) and will cost a lot more than its desktop equivalent. And you will blaze through battery power if you game without an outlet nearby.[/QUOTE]

I always want to tell people to buy the desktop equivalent of a gaming laptop and then a cheap laptop which I would assume would probably round out to being the same or even cheaper than a gaming laptop. That way you have mobility and something to game on without hating yourself with getting a laptop for gaming.

And I can truly be of no help with laptops because I don't look at them... ever. Though if you were to get a laptop for gaming, remember how much I hate them, you might as well get the most expensive one out there because you will already be spending an absurd amount as is.

[quote name='Idiotekque'] I was just wondering what is the most popular cost effective graphics card to have in gaming laptops nowadays.[/QUOTE]

This just confuses the shit out of me honestly. You want a cost effective graphics card but are choosing the most (or one of) over priced laptop manufacturer.

[quote name='KaOTiK']This just confuses the shit out of me honestly. You want a cost effective graphics card but are choosing the most (or one of) over priced laptop manufacturer.[/QUOTE]
I guess I'll just say never mind then; I don't seem to be explaining myself well enough to get any help.

I want to buy an expensive laptop. That doesn't mean I want the most expensive, top of the line version of that laptop. You can buy a top of the line Alienware for an absurd amount of money, and you can buy a not quite so top of line Alienware that still runs games fine for a not quite so absurd amount of money. I'm not sure what's so confusing about that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I understand, but I'm not planning on staying in a single location. Not only am I really set on having the ability to move my computer around through out the day, I will probably be moving around in the near future. I may end up flying to another state to stay with some family friends for an untold amount of time, etc. Moving around with a desktop PC just isn't going to work for me.

I don't mind a laptop being "big", needing too much power, etc. I just really need a mobile all-in-one machine, even if it's clunky-mobile. That's a dealbreaker for me, even though I know how much smarter it would be to build a desktop PC.[/QUOTE]

You can peruse notebookcheck.net for mobile graphics benchmark comparisons/reviews.

But . . . you really are looking at this purchasing decision the wrong way. Spending $2000+ plus on a luxury laptop is a joke - I don't care what your situation is. First, you really should consider the rapid leaps in cpu, gpu, storage, and other related technology that we've seen in recent years and will continue to see. Second, in addition to the aforementioned weight, fan noise, and crap battery life mentioned by others . . . get this . . . your fancy gpu (the one that's generating all that heat and noise) will be going to waste on a mediocre display panel.

I think a gaming laptop in your situation is a great idea - but, at a price of $1100 or less. At that price you'll be able to play all games at a min. of medium settings and can always hand it down/sell to someone in your family in two/three years and buy another laptop for $1100 with specs comparable to/better than that $2000+ machine. Plus things happen when you live with people . . . pepsi spills, accidental drops, etc.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I guess I'll just say never mind then; I don't seem to be explaining myself well enough to get any help.

I want to buy an expensive laptop. That doesn't mean I want the most expensive, top of the line version of that laptop. You can buy a top of the line Alienware for an absurd amount of money, and you can buy a not quite so top of line Alienware that still runs games fine for a not quite so absurd amount of money. I'm not sure what's so confusing about that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think most people are confused, but have for some reason decided to use the word instead of saying they think the idea is silly, or for me dumb. It is just the idea of a gaming laptop in my mind is silly, but then again I am not the one that said I was confused so for all I know other people could truly be confused.

Now I missed the beginning of this conversation, but it would probably best if you haven't go to the the PC hardware thread in the PC forum. I would assume they may be a bit more helpful for this sort of situation because I think most people here think a gaming laptop tis silly and will try to dissuade you more than be of help.

[quote name='mujahid9']You can peruse notebookcheck.net for mobile graphics benchmark comparisons/reviews.

But . . . you really are looking at this purchasing decision the wrong way. Spending $2000+ plus on a luxury laptop is a joke - I don't care what your situation is. First, you really should consider the rapid leaps in cpu, gpu, storage, and other related technology that we've seen in recent years and will continue to see. Second, in addition to the aforementioned weight, fan noise, and crap battery life mentioned by others . . . get this . . . your fancy gpu (the one that's generating all that heat and noise) will be going to waste on a mediocre display panel.[/QUOTE]
I've used notebookcheck.net a lot, but generally their reviews are pretty by the book, and when you look around elsewhere you'll actually find the little quirks and real issues that people have with any given card. That's why I just figured I'd ask here what's a good card to have on a laptop that won't absolutely break the bank, and will still run things great.

And I totally understand the idea behind NOT getting a high end gaming laptop. That said, I don't want to play something like Skyrim, Witcher 2, etc on medium/low settings. I don't really mind if the next gen of games comes out and I can't play those games on the highest settings, but I do want something that will play current high end games very well, even if that means I'll probably be spending too much money on the system.

[quote name='mujahid9']I think a gaming laptop in your situation is a great idea - but, at a price of $1100 or less. At that price you'll be able to play all games at a min. of medium settings and can always hand it down/sell to someone in your family in two/three years and buy another laptop for $1100 with specs comparable to/better than that $2000+ machine. Plus things happen when you live with people . . . pepsi spills, accidental drops, etc.[/QUOTE]
In contrast to what I said above, I still very well might end up going this route and buying something pretty good, but not amazing. I found a Lenovo once that apparently could be playing Skyrim on med-high settings and the laptop was only $799. If I happen to find a deal on something, I may jump on it, but if I have the money to spend, I would like to buy from a company that makes really really high quality machines, like Alienware. Still, we'll see.

[quote name='Kaltic']I don't think most people are confused, but have for some reason decided to use the word instead of saying they think the idea is silly, or for me dumb. It is just the idea of a gaming laptop in my mind is silly, but then again I am not the one that said I was confused so for all I know other people could truly be confused.

Now I missed the beginning of this conversation, but it would probably best if you haven't go to the the PC hardware thread in the PC forum. I would assume they may be a bit more helpful for this sort of situation because I think most people here think a gaming laptop tis silly and will try to dissuade you more than be of help.[/QUOTE]
Well, yes. When I have money in hand and am seriously looking to grab something, I was going to post a topic to get more in depth info. All I asked was what was a good laptop graphics card to play current gen games though, lol. I never asked for laptop advice, people just decided to go off about that. xD

Half a day remains on the current Indie Royale bundle. The price has kept around the $5.50 mark for the entirety of the offer, so if you get it at that price now... you're paying the same that nearly everybody did.

I've listened to the $8 price point album enough times now that I'm just going to go ahead and buy it primarily for that. And hey, expanding my Desura catalog, I guess. I do want to try out Cubemen at least.

[quote name='Kaltic']Now I missed the beginning of this conversation, but it would probably best if you haven't go to the the PC hardware thread in the PC forum. I would assume they may be a bit more helpful for this sort of situation because I think most people here think a gaming laptop tis silly and will try to dissuade you more than be of help.[/QUOTE]

Also this is the steam deal discussion thread, not that its easy to know beyond the title.

[quote name='mujahid9']I think a gaming laptop in your situation is a great idea - but, at a price of $1100 or less. At that price you'll be able to play all games at a min. of medium settings and can always hand it down/sell to someone in your family in two/three years and buy another laptop for $1100 with specs comparable to/better than that $2000+ machine. Plus things happen when you live with people . . . pepsi spills, accidental drops, etc.[/QUOTE]

This is the only reply I can support.

I've hated Alienware for as long as I can remember. Long before they were bought by Dell. Don't get one. Your friend is not a "tech wiz." He's also not a genius. What's next, he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Get something like a $1000 Asus Republic of Gamers laptop. They've been on Warehouse Deals recently for under $1k.

Well, yes. When I have money in hand and am seriously looking to grab something, I was going to post a topic to get more in depth info. All I asked was what was a good laptop graphics card to play current gen games though, lol. I never asked for laptop advice, people just decided to go off about that. xD[/QUOTE]

Well, this is CAG so don't be surprised if most of us don't have too much experience with luxury laptops. And I don't say that in a snide way, but Alienware is literally the flashy, cool looking luxury brand of gaming laptops so on this site most of us are going to go with an equivalent machine in quality and build for 100s of dollars less.

I tried the gaming laptop route once, utter failure. Just a bad machine that got lemoned out, but for the amount I spent I said never again. I'm a real cheapass and not too big on graphics so I spend around $500 on my desktops every 4-5 years and $400 on my laptops every 3 years. I buy games well after release though so my PC has handled everything I've thrown at it and my laptops play enough casual games to keep me entertained.

[quote name='Genocidal']Alienware is overpriced for what you get and I'm surprised someone who is considered a "tech wiz" would recommend them.

Also, the midweek bundle is a pile of hot garbage and at least two of the titles have bene in bundles. I'd wait until Stalker and anything else you'd want it for go on individual sale.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 110% with Genocidal on this.

I have never ever once heard anyone speak about how amazing Alienware is. In fact I have only heard about how horrid Alienware is not to mention Alienware is not the real "Alienware" that built up such a amazing reputation. The original "Alienware" had their brand bought from them by Dell and they(Dell) just uses that name to sell overpriced "brand" name laptop's to chumps, yes chumps fools with too much money who love brand names; buying Alienware is paying 400-500 dollars for a name that means nothing these days. No matter if you go for a "low-end Alienware" you still pay the brand name stupid tax on it.

Want a good laptop from a quality brand that your willing to pay top dollar for that brand try, http://www.falcon-nw.com/ and www.originpc.com/ (Origin is the people behind Alienware when it meant something to brand geeks, and guess what Origin just uses those one Sergian(spelling) laptops that was listed above but markups them up and sells them in their own cases but if you love brands Origin and Falcon are the best for that.

Also thanks was looking at that bundle and was thinking your right if they've been an a Indie bundle before chances are they will again so better off just waiting for the 4$ bundle

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox'] I'm a real cheapass and not too big on graphics so I spend around $500 on my desktops every 4-5 years and $400 on my laptops every 3 years. I buy games well after release though so my PC has handled everything I've thrown at it and my laptops play enough casual games to keep me entertained.[/QUOTE]

I am so torn on upgrading my old PC because of this same issue. My PC is like 4 years old now but when I got it, I stupidly over spent by far far to much. Only thing i've upgraded over the years is a 550 TI card. I've been looking at upgrading as my PC still uses DDR 2 ram :cry: Yet when I look at the costs of paying like 1.5k for a brand new machine it just seems kind of crazy when this machine hasn't really had a problem playing any game at around highish settings.

It just doesn't seem like software has caught up to hardware yet, so spending 1.5k just seems like I will be making a huge mistake, when most games don't need any major upgrades at the moment.

[quote name='paz9x']Also this is the steam deal discussion thread, not that its easy to know beyond the title.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the snarky reply, but I just read three or so pages of graphics card discussion, so I asked the simple question of what was good laptop graphics card. That's it. I didn't mean for everyone to bring up what kind of system one should buy.

[quote name='elessar123']This is the only reply I can support.

I've hated Alienware for as long as I can remember. Long before they were bought by Dell. Don't get one. Your friend is not a "tech wiz." He's also not a genius. What's next, he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Get something like a $1000 Asus Republic of Gamers laptop. They've been on Warehouse Deals recently for under $1k.[/QUOTE]
He knows what he's talking about, but he isn't talking about value. That said, he also recommended Asus, and I'll end up looking at those too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, this is CAG so don't be surprised if most of us don't have too much experience with luxury laptops. And I don't say that in a snide way, but Alienware is literally the flashy, cool looking luxury brand of gaming laptops so on this site most of us are going to go with an equivalent machine in quality and build for 100s of dollars less.

I tried the gaming laptop route once, utter failure. Just a bad machine that got lemoned out, but for the amount I spent I said never again. I'm a real cheapass and not too big on graphics so I spend around $500 on my desktops every 4-5 years and $400 on my laptops every 3 years. I buy games well after release though so my PC has handled everything I've thrown at it and my laptops play enough casual games to keep me entertained.[/QUOTE]
True, I guess I've just always used the "cheaper, just as good" computers for a very long time and found that they aren't actually "just as good". Then again, they've been Dells, so that point may be moot.

I was looking into Lenovos, and I heard some good about them along those "just as good" lines. Then I started reading about how IBM stopped making them, another company took over, and the quality immediately plummeted, and how they aren't as good as other brands, etc.

It's hard, because a "just as good" computer doesn't always crap out. Just like you bought that "good" computer and lemoned out on you. I've bought "just as good" computers and had them lemon out on me, so it's hard to know what direction to go. Since I'll actually have the money to go that extra mile, I really feel like buying from a high quality company is worth it, but I don't know, I still have a lot of research to do.

[quote name='Sophita']Agreed 110% with Genocidal on this.

I have never ever once heard anyone speak about how amazing Alienware is. In fact I have only heard about how horrid Alienware is not to mention Alienware is not the real "Alienware" that built up such a amazing reputation. The original "Alienware" had their brand bought from them by Dell and they(Dell) just uses that name to sell overpriced "brand" name laptop's to chumps, yes chumps fools with too much money who love brand names; buying Alienware is paying 400-500 dollars for a name that means nothing these days. No matter if you go for a "low-end Alienware" you still pay the brand name stupid tax on it.

Want a good laptop from a quality brand that your willing to pay top dollar for that brand try, http://www.falcon-nw.com/ and www.originpc.com/ (Origin is the people behind Alienware when it meant something to brand geeks, and guess what Origin just uses those one Sergian(spelling) laptops that was listed above but markups them up and sells them in their own cases but if you love brands Origin and Falcon are the best for that.

Also thanks was looking at that bundle and was thinking your right if they've been an a Indie bundle before chances are they will again so better off just waiting for the 4$ bundle[/QUOTE]
I only hear about AW being overpriced, but never anything else negative (as far as quality goes). I'm not interested in the "name", I'm interested in the construction and quality. That said, thanks for the links. I'll check those companies out.

I only hear about AW being overpriced, but never anything else negative (as far as quality goes). I'm not interested in the "name", I'm interested in the construction and quality. That said, thanks for the links. I'll check those companies out.[/QUOTE]

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alienware But really it is best to review and check up on any site before buying. Always better to know what the risk is before spending so much money at any one place. :cool:

[quote name='Sophita']
It is ok I think I am one of 10 that actively played and loved Jade Cocoon then again I never really liked Final Fantasy or any of the other RPG's on PS because they always seemed so complex when I was like 12. But Jade Cocoon has that kind of simple short dialogue but that also happens to be deep too. So was easier to kind of understand what was going on.

Another criminally underrated game that was on PS is Shadow Madness, Infact I do not think I have ever heard anyone talk about that game.[/QUOTE]

You got me on that one. I have never even heard of it.

I don't think I even finished Jade Cocoon, I should see if I can find a copy somewhere.

[quote name='Idiotekque']True, I guess I've just always used the "cheaper, just as good" computers for a very long time and found that they aren't actually "just as good". Then again, they've been Dells, so that point may be moot.[/QUOTE]
Dell owns Alienware. ;)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Dell owns Alienware. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm aware of that, but I've still heard the quality is a night and day difference. It's always hard with contrary reviews on 90% of computers. >_

On my PC I have been using the same 8800GT (through multiple PCs) since 2006 - when I got it for 130$.

I love that card so much.

Still has yet to let me down.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm aware of that, but I've still heard the quality is a night and day difference. It's always hard with contrary reviews on 90% of computers. >_

[quote name='Sophita']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alienware But really it is best to review and check up on any site before buying. Always better to know what the risk is before spending so much money at any one place. :cool:[/QUOTE]
The problem with that site is that the "rating" for all computer companies is around one star... Look up Lenovo and Asus, they have ratings lower than Alienware.

90% of the time someone takes the time to relate their experience is because it was a bad, unfortunately. Out of box hardware issues happen with all computers. Very few actually go out of their way to go there and write a detailed praise of service. However, as one reviewer there said, he had a problem, called Dell, and they sent a technician right out to fix it. Dell does that, while other companies pretty much don't. While I hate Dell, that's their one redeeming factor, and coupled with a "quality" machine (hopefully), it sounds like a good idea in theory.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I guess I'll just say never mind then; I don't seem to be explaining myself well enough to get any help.

I want to buy an expensive laptop. That doesn't mean I want the most expensive, top of the line version of that laptop. You can buy a top of the line Alienware for an absurd amount of money, and you can buy a not quite so top of line Alienware that still runs games fine for a not quite so absurd amount of money. I'm not sure what's so confusing about that.[/QUOTE]

I may be in the minority, but I love my Alienware. When I ordered mine, there was about a $100 premium over a similar Sager which I didn't have a problem with since I've always wanted one and the build quality and customer service is much better. If customer service can't resolve a problem, they send out a technician to your house the next day(assuming you have the warranty).

But if you're don't want to blow a ton of money, the M14x with the GeForce 650M is a good choice. 95% of the games I play are on all high settings and it plays them at great frame rates. Games like BF3 have to be played on medium/high, which is fine for me. The big thing for me is that it is extremely portable. I thought it would weigh a ton, but it's not bad at all.

You can get dual 675M's in the M18x if you want which would future proof you for a couple years. I'm pretty sure you can also eventually upgrade the graphics card in the M18x, but the M14 does not allow it.

Word of advice, though...if your heart is set on an Alienware, do NOT order them online. Call and get a representative who is willing to negotiate. My PC came out to something like $1,500 and I ended up getting it for $1,129 with no tax and a $200 gift card that I used to upgrade my RAM and get a SSD. You get MUCH better prices by calling.

Also, don't upgrade the RAM or hard drive when ordering. Get those separately because they're way cheaper elsewhere and they're both very easy to install.

Also, like Fox said, Asus ROG laptops are very good as well. Whatever you decide, good luck!

I been using Nvidia and had good luck with that. My old laptop had an ATI with good luck too.

I guess it just comes down to luck because with all electronics it's a crapshoot. Some last for ages, some don't. Just luck of the draw I think.

Played some CS:GO today. Now I am not a hardcore CS player nor do I want to be, but I will say, it's Counterstrike :lol:. I appreciate the new modes and the ability to set up a bot game in like 5 seconds, but it's still Counterstrike. The Deagle and AWP are still there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Here's my main issue with Alienware - for the money you many times get less. And by less I mean other things. A $2000 Alienware might have less HD space, RAM, etc. than a $1500 Asus. And that's what bothers me the most. If I were paying just for the brand then whatever, but sometimes it seems they take advantage of things. I mean they have a $2000 laptop with only 500GB of HD space, that's ridiculous to me because if you are dedicated to gaming that 500GB will be used up so quickly.

So if you are not entirely stuck on Alienware, I would look into the ASUS republic of gamer series. They have some laptops between $1500 and 2000 that I would consider if I had the money and that many times have better specs than equivalent Alienwares. As a brand ASUS gets nothing but praise from most people.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, I immediately noticed that on the Alienware site. That's why I ended up looking to buy Alienwares in other places, but that may or may not be a good idea either.

I hear good about Asus all the time though, so I'm definitely considering them too.

Let's change the question: What's a good, cost effective graphics card for an ASUS? :roll:

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I may be in the minority, but I love my Alienware. When I ordered mine, there was about a $100 premium over a similar Sager which I didn't have a problem with since I've always wanted one and the build quality and customer service is much better. If customer service can't resolve a problem, they send out a technician to your house the next day(assuming you have the warranty).

But if you're don't want to blow a ton of money, the M14x with the GeForce 650M is a good choice. 95% of the games I play are on all high settings and it plays them at great frame rates. Games like BF3 have to be played on medium/high, which is fine for me. The big thing for me is that it is extremely portable. I thought it would weigh a ton, but it's not bad at all.

You can get dual 675M's in the M18x if you want which would future proof you for a couple years. I'm pretty sure you can also eventually upgrade the graphics card in the M18x, but the M14 does not allow it.

Word of advice, though...if your heart is set on an Alienware, do NOT order them online. Call and get a representative who is willing to negotiate. My PC came out to something like $1,500 and I ended up getting it for $1,129 with no tax and a $200 gift card that I used to upgrade my RAM and get a SSD. You get MUCH better prices by calling.

Also, don't upgrade the RAM or hard drive when ordering. Get those separately because they're way cheaper elsewhere and they're both very easy to install.

Also, like Fox said, Asus ROG laptops are very good as well. Whatever you decide, good luck![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info (definitely about calling in). Funny how I just mentioned the technician support before you posted; that is something I like too. You can upgrade the graphics card in an M18x though? I was under the impression that upgrading graphics was pretty much a no go in any laptop. Why does the M18x allow that?

We tend to kneejerk on this topic since we're all so frugal :lol: But that;s a totally understandable situation.

Here. Half the price, quality hardware, and you'll be able to play most games at at least medium settings, if not higher.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox'] I would look into the ASUS republic of gamer series. They have some laptops between $1500 and 2000 that I would consider if I had the money and that many times have better specs than equivalent Alienwares. As a brand ASUS gets nothing but praise from most people.[/QUOTE]

I've had an ASUS laptop for about three years now and it's been a champ. It's on day and night and I've hauled it all over the country. I can play whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want. So count me as one who's had a great experience with that line.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']We tend to kneejerk on this topic since we're all so frugal :lol: But that;s a totally understandable situation.

Here. Half the price, quality hardware, and you'll be able to play most games at at least medium settings, if not higher.[/QUOTE]
"The Steam Kneejerk Thread V5!" ;)

No worries though; someone actually PMed me with a lot of good info, so consider the topic closed. I'd imagine the thread's gotten derailed more than enough, lol.

(Thanks for the recommendation too; I've been looking at the IdeaPads for a long time.)

[quote name='hal']I've had an ASUS laptop for about three years now and it's been a champ. It's on day and night and I've hauled it all over the country. I can play whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want. So count me as one who's had a great experience with that line.[/QUOTE]
Noted!

[quote name='Sophita']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alienware But really it is best to review and check up on any site before buying. Always better to know what the risk is before spending so much money at any one place. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Does that just work off of recent reviews or something because every page has 10 reviews and there are 134 pages of 5 star reviews. That is well over half of the reviews so there should be absolutely no way it should have the amount of starts that it does. Plus 1 star reviews don't start until page 161 which means there are only about 300 of those.

I am assuming it must only use 15 reviews since that is the number it puts by the side of the star list.

Also there is in fact a 1 star review because an item went on sale the day after someone bought something. Some people really, really shouldn't be able to review things. I hate when those sales that didn't match up with when I bought my product make the product terrible... garrr!

EDIT: For laptop users that never unplug from their systems from the wall... ever. How does the battery life seem if you do happen to unplug it?

re: Daily Deal
Section 8: Prejudice — don't buy it for the single-player: cliched yawn. If you're getting it for the MP, bring friends; when I played it last year, the community was pushing up daisies.

[quote name='Kaltic']Does that just work off of recent reviews or something because every page has 10 reviews and there are 134 pages of 5 star reviews. That is well over half of the reviews so there should be absolutely no way it should have the amount of starts that it does. Plus 1 star reviews don't start until page 161 which means there are only about 300 of those.

I am assuming it must only use 15 reviews since that is the number it puts by the side of the star list.

Also there is in fact a 1 star review because an item went on sale the day after someone bought something. Some people really, really shouldn't be able to review things. I hate when those sales that didn't match up with when I bought my product make the product terrible... garrr!

EDIT: For laptop users that never unplug from their systems from the wall... ever. How does the battery life seem if you do happen to unplug it?[/QUOTE]

Keeping your battery plugged in all the time kills it. So if you spend a lot of time plugged into the wall either take out your battery or unplug on occasion to let it drain and recharge. I spent about a yea with a laptop always plugged in and battery in and after that the battery held like 25 to 50% of the original charge.

S8:p has a decent enough campaign but I was not motivated to see it through. The MP is somewhere between Tribes and Battlefield. It is quite exciting.

For what it's worth, I never had GFWL problems with it

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Keeping your battery plugged in all the time kills it. So if you spend a lot of time plugged into the wall either take out your battery or unplug on occasion to let it drain and recharge. I spent about a yea with a laptop always plugged in and battery in and after that the battery held like 25 to 50% of the original charge.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know that happens I more so want to know why people do it. I mean both of my parents did, which is odd considering my dad's life revolves around computers, and their laptops don't last more than 5 minutes unplugged. I have just never understood why because even if you were writing some text document it wouldn't go bye bye the moment the laptop goes out. As long as you plug it in soon enough it will be fine.

[quote name='Kaltic']Oh I know that happens I more so want to know why people do it. I mean both of my parents did, which is odd considering my dad's life revolves around computers, and their laptops don't last more than 5 minutes unplugged. I have just never understood why because even if you were writing some text document it wouldn't go bye bye the moment the laptop goes out. As long as you plug it in soon enough it will be fine.[/QUOTE]
Ironically, I never kept my laptop plugged in all the time like that and its battery died very quickly (yes, it's a Dell).

Now I HAVE to keep it plugged in all the time. Why? If it dies (after 20 minutes or so) it goes to standby, which normally would be fine, but it only correctly goes to standby about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, it tries to standby, but gets stuck halfway. The screen turns off, but the fans keep running and whatnot, and there's no way to turn it back on even if I plug it into the wall.

I could go on for so long about how much my computer sucks. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back