The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGkrazy']Is winter sale starting today? Need to buy steam cards now! Hehe[/QUOTE]

last i heard, the winter sale will be starting on the 21st and go through to January 4 or 5

[quote name='Preedatore']Oh, you kids, my first Steam game was Half Life 2 retail. I was so annoyed that I had to install Steam just to play. I was on 28.8 back then and an update meant I wasn't playing that day. Even though I have been a member that long, my library is still smaller than most due to decent self control.[/QUOTE]

That was my first Steam game as well and probably the first digitally distributed game that I bought. I caved and bought it like 4 hours before it was due to release but Steam wasn't quite up to snuff back then and it was awhile before I finally got to play it.

[quote name='voken']Thanks, that helps. So is the game any fun and worth playing despite its age? (assuming you had played it before selling it)[/QUOTE]

My best friend as a kid used to have Jade Cocoon and I remember really enjoying the game. It has been quite a few years now and I was in my early teens at the time of playing, so if I played it now I might have a different opinion. Just from a nostalgic point of view I would say it was was one of my top games of the PS1 generation. I would put it somewhere in my top 10.

[quote name='JakeNome']last i heard, the winter sale will be starting on the 21st and go through to January 4 or 5[/QUOTE]

The winter sale starts on Dec 20th and runs until January 4th.

Looking back in my store transactions brings back memories. I activated Half Life Platinum Pack back in 2004 after I got it for $10 during Black Friday at Fry's. I didn't touch the account until Jan 1, 2009 - the first "Winter Sale" steam had. I got Bioshock for $5 then. I remember at the time this price was unprecedented. Now in 2012, I own 1,987 games.

Take a trip down memory lane to the first major Steam Sale...

http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/1095566-Steam-Powered-Sale-Portal-5-Bioshock-5-Team-Fortress-2-10-Valve-Complete-Pack-75-id-Superpack-35-More

[quote name='Preedatore']Oh, you kids, my first Steam game was Half Life 2 retail. I was so annoyed that I had to install Steam just to play. I was on 28.8 back then and an update meant I wasn't playing that day. Even though I have been a member that long, my library is still smaller than most due to decent self control.[/QUOTE]

Sadly my first Steam game was the F.E.A.R. Bundle from Amazon this Summer/Fall. (Though I am currently up to 51 Steam titles.) And just so I can date myself, I'm pretty sure my first computer game was Pirate Adventure (on tape) for my Ti-99/4A. Loved that game. :cool:

Feel free to add me too. I'm into KF, L4D2, payday (so little, it's hard to find matches) and sometimes BFBC2. Also tried some space marine and usually playing hawken.

Can suggest more games also :)

steamcommunity.com/id/juanjava

If you get no answer its because my kids are playing with my account ;)

In case it hasn't been mentioned.

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Mega Man and Street Fighter, Capcom are giving away a new game: Street Fighter x Mega Man for PC. It's like classic Mega Man with Street Fighter characters as bosses.

Download from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man
More info: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...eet-fighter-x-mega-man-now-available-for-free

Their site seems to be under heavy traffic, so feel free to download it from my Dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29343837/Street Fighter x Mega Man.zip

(It's the "European" version although I can't see it being any different to the US version.)

*EDIT* Should also mention that this game has no save function.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']NiGHTS Into Dreams is now available for $9.99. With how fast JSR dropped in price I would hold off.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up - I'm excited to see a Sega Saturn game make its way to Steam. Of course, hoping that such a thing leads to other titles from the same platform getting ported/emulated is a different story.

Nevertheless, I'm thrilled to see the Steam entry for NiGHTS, and I cannot wait for it to go on sale.

My biggest question is the quality of the port - Jet Set Radio was a fantastic PC port, but the Dreamcast Pack's Sonic Adventure DX was the absolute bottom of the porting barrel. (Really, SEGA, if you had a full-fledged port of Sonic Adventure DX already released for the PC, why port the game again with far fewer features?)

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Spellforce Complete at 75% off ($9.99)

It contains:
Spellforce Platinum - $2.49
Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny Digital Extras - $2.49
Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny - $4.99
Spellforce 2 - Gold Edition - $3.74[/QUOTE]

Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

is my reaction to this being the daily. Wasn't this just $10 recently on GMG + the 25% off voucher?

[quote name='asheskitty']
220px-Lophophanes_cristatus_-Aviemore%2C_Scotland-8_%282%29.jpg
220px-ParusCaeruleus.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How about these TITS?

Trails-Sky-HD-PS3.jpg

What? I meant the acronym for Trails In The Sky, of course.

[quote name='Lord_Ashour']I think I added everyone so far :)
That's weird. I got a few invites from here. Can you try again, or send me your profile so I can add you.

Also, I still can't get these damn Oblivion mods to work T____T[/QUOTE]

I got and accepted your invite now.

And I have a love/hate relationship with the Elder Scrolls games. Every time I go away from them for a while and then come back I always seem to spend more time fiddling with mods and configurations than I do playing.

I think I spent the better part of the weekend trying, and failing, to get Skyrim back to the way I had it perfectly running and looking when I played it months ago in the spring and summer. *sigh*

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Spellforce Complete at 75% off ($9.99)

It contains:
Spellforce Platinum - $2.49
Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny Digital Extras - $2.49
Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny - $4.99
Spellforce 2 - Gold Edition - $3.74[/QUOTE]

It's been on sale at GMG a couple of times and I ended up getting it there for $7.50 for the complete pack all steam once I applied a voucher to the sale price.

If somebody really wants it and is patient it will probably go back on sale again there or else it might even start showing up in bundles, at least the older ones, since Nordic is starting to work with Indie Gala lately.

[quote name='Motoki']
If somebody really wants it and is patient it will probably go back on sale again there or else it might even start showing up in bundles, at least the older ones, since Nordic is starting to work with Indie Gala lately.[/QUOTE]

Spellforce Platinum was in one of the IndieGala Store Bundles.

[quote name='Carlmundo']In case it hasn't been mentioned.

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Mega Man and Street Fighter, Capcom are giving away a new game: Street Fighter x Mega Man for PC. It's like classic Mega Man with Street Fighter characters as bosses.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this.

I tried the game earlier, and it's a bit of a pain using the 360's default controls. (The Left Analog Stick is the default and features no dead zone, making even the level selection screen a bit spastic. In addition, the reconfiguration option doesn't allow the movement buttons to be changed.) I tried Chun-Li's level first and found that it freezes upon reaching the boss battle. Doing so again resulted in the same problem. I guess I'll have to wait for a patched version.

At the very least, I hope I'm supporting Mega Man by downloading the game.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Free from Capcom? Sounds like a trap...[/QUOTE]

The game is developed by one guy with Capcom's supervision so it wasn't a big budget.

Can't wait to get home and play some Megaman x Street Fighter. That will last me until the holiday sale :D.

I was getting back into Skyrim but Skyrim needs to wait. 2D Megaman games (especially 8 bit) are my favorite games ever so this is Christmas for me :lol:. Also it's free even though I would easily pay $10 for this.

spellforce 2 has 3 incoming future dlcs as well. you may want to wait for a more complete "complete pack" if you have yet to play the game.

[quote name='sir_fragalot']...i would easily pay $10 for this.[/quote]

Sssshhhh!! :p

Uh Capcom, uh, thank you for this, uh, game that we never ever would have paid for normally.

[quote name='Carlmundo']Amazon.com have 2 new games for $20.09:

Scirbblenauts Unlimited: http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Bros-Digital-Distribution-Scribblenauts/dp/B00A4MWX04/
Lego Lord of the Rings: http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Bros-Digital-Distribution-Download/dp/B00A2XA3GG/[/QUOTE]

Didn't he say Lego LOTR was going to be 75% off soon?

[quote name='JakeNome']spellforce 2 has 3 incoming future dlcs as well. you may want to wait for a more complete "complete pack" if you have yet to play the game.[/QUOTE]

They do really seem to be milking the hell out of that franchise...

[quote name='JakeNome']spellforce 2 has 3 incoming future dlcs as well. you may want to wait for a more complete "complete pack" if you have yet to play the game.[/QUOTE]

3 more than what are already there? And which aren't discounted? Paaaass.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks for the heads up - I'm excited to see a Sega Saturn game make its way to Steam. Of course, hoping that such a thing leads to other titles from the same platform getting ported/emulated is a different story.

Nevertheless, I'm thrilled to see the Steam entry for NiGHTS, and I cannot wait for it to go on sale.

My biggest question is the quality of the port - Jet Set Radio was a fantastic PC port, but the Dreamcast Pack's Sonic Adventure DX was the absolute bottom of the porting barrel. (Really, SEGA, if you had a full-fledged port of Sonic Adventure DX already released for the PC, why port the game again with far fewer features?)[/QUOTE]

Just checked over at the Steam community discussion forum for NiGHTS and saw that someone said this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219950/discussions/0/846939854302073588/#c846939854315195057
It's way more than just a port. It has a brand new set of extras, including a full remastered version, the original Saturn version, both of which work seamlessly together, as well as the Christmas NiGHTS level pack.
This is a game for the fans, requested by the fans, delivered by a company who does things for the fans.

Though there is another thread that states it's locked at 30fps so there is that if that's a concern for some. Jet Set Radio is locked at 30fps too though and I didn't have any problems with that. *shrug*

Thanks for doing the research, Motoki. It sounds like SEGA put as much effort into the NiGHTS port as they did with Jet Set Radio, which is good news. I won't know for sure until I pick it up myself (An eventuality, to be sure.), but I'm definitely looking forward to when it's on sale. (In addition, I'm glad that Christmas NiGHTS is bundled with the main game.)

SEGA has been quite good about bringing their older titles to platforms like the 360 and PC. From Guardian Heroes (XBLA) and the SEGA Genesis Classic Game Packs to Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS, I'm glad there are modern, cost-effective ways to access these old titles.

Personally, I hope SEGA continues this trend for a while, getting games like Skies of Arcadia and Sega Saturn games (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, and Shining The Holy Ark come to mind.) over to modern platforms.

I think the Christmas NiGHTS might give me an excuse to get this game now. I mean who wants to play Christmas levels in January or February?

Yes I am justifying. :p

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Personally, I hope SEGA continues this trend for a while, getting games like Skies of Arcadia and Sega Saturn games (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, and Shining The Holy Ark come to mind.) over to modern platforms.[/QUOTE]

Those are all great choices and Shenmue as well. I also hope Sega continues this trend.

*Edit: I guess Shenmue was Dreamcast. I seem to blur Saturn and Dreamcast together in my head but regardless it was a good game and I'd like to see a re-release.

The War Z just got posted. Does anyone care about Day/War Z anymore or has that fad passed? In the summer there were like 30+ posts a day about it. Now weeks go by and no one ever mentions it.

*edit: Ewww they are selling "gold credits". Stinks of microtransactions except it isn't even a 'free' game.

*edit2: Holy hell, it's been up all of 5 minutes and the forum is filled with angry people saying Don't Buy This Game. I haven't seen this much rage since Towns went into official release as an alpha.

*edit3: Wow there's a ton of people complaining about being banned for (supposedly) no good reason on their support forum. https://warz.zendesk.com/forums/21423088-tips-tricks

I would normally think they were full of it and it's something they did but this volume of people with similar sounding stories I don't know...

I only played it on Xbox, but I enjoyed it. It plays nothing like the first four, more like a cross between third person cover shooter and stealth (with emphasis on stealth usually). People complain about the mark mechanic, but I thought it was a really cool thing that allows you to pull off some pretty awesome stunts. I heard it's got big technical problems on PC, though. Also the co op campaign is fantastic.

[quote name='Motoki']*snip*[/QUOTE]

From my understanding is not the same developer or team that did the mod for ARMA. It's just another developer that went and used the "hype" to sell their game. Aside from that, it's really unpolished game and really has a lot of micro transaction for it. Like ridiculous amount of micro transaction.

[quote name='Motoki']I think the Christmas NiGHTS might give me an excuse to get this game now. I mean who wants to play Christmas levels in January or February?

Yes I am justifying. :p

Those are all great choices and Shenmue as well. I also hope Sega continues this trend.

*Edit: I guess Shenmue was Dreamcast. I seem to blur Saturn and Dreamcast together in my head but regardless it was a good game and I'd like to see a re-release.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they have hd versions of shenmue 1 and 2 completed. They just haven't decided what they are doing if anything about shenmue 3 which is why they haven't been released yet. This is for Xbox but I assume they could be released on steam as well.

[quote name='MC Kage']How is Splinter Cell: Conviction?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun. The DRM could suck for you though. I think you have to always be online. Although I remember something about it being patched out... I'm not sure, but you might want to look into that before you buy.

The game itself is a pretty decent romp. I had fun with it for a few hours, anyway.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']From my understanding is not the same developer or team that did the mod for ARMA. It's just another developer that went and used the "hype" to sell their game. Aside from that, it's really unpolished game and really has a lot of micro transaction for it. Like ridiculous amount of micro transaction.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the DayZ team that made the mod for ARMA are working on a standalone version of it that won't be released until next year.

The War Z is very unfinished and the microtransactions really kill a lot of the survival aspects that made DayZ popular.

Sacred 2 Gold was recently added to the registry. I know a few people have been interested in that (including myself). Not entirely surprising since I believe both Sacred 3 and that interim golden-axe style beat-em-up Sacred whatever are using Steamworks.

[quote name='MC Kage']How is Splinter Cell: Conviction?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it. 16 Steam hours. I'd guess it would take a typical CAG 10-12 hours. Snagged it for $5 on the Summer Sale IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back