The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowette']NecroVision was in an indie bundle, I'm guessing Indie Gala: The Reckoning or possibly Indie Gala: The Reckoninger. It's sat in my backlog.

Obviously I haven't played it. I'd be terribly surprised if anybody actually has :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've played about halfway through the first one. It's actually the reason I bought a gaming mouse since there is a melee weapon mechanic built into the damage system. Basically do combos with shoot, melee, etc. builds up your like bonus meter and you can do cooler attacks, etc. I like the game. Sort of a supernatural nazi game which is nothing new really, but I enjoy this genre. The game looks good, and is pretty fun for me. That said, probably just a run of the mill FPS for most people. Plenty of gameplay videos online though if you want to see what it's about.

[quote name='pantsattack']Yea for Ubisoft. I hope they stick with this very standard process. I never understood why Anno had (has) such hard DRM. I how that's scaled back too.[/QUOTE]

That's precisely one of the reasons I've held off on buying Anno. The other is that the Steam discounts on it have been pretty weak.

Dang! Double Fine announced their next new game, Middle Manager of Justice for ios. It wrongly went live and now is pulled until the weeks-away release date. So some people have an early untuned build.

It's F2P and looks like a mix of Coconut Queen (more like Evil Genius really) and Freedom Force.

Okay, so here is the response I got from Steam support regarding the Torchlight II bundle:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

Currently, the missing subscription is appearing about 6 - 48 hours after purchase. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. We thank you for continued patience.

Please exit completely out of Steam then log back into Steam to re-test the issue.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

The missing copy did show up for me when I started up Steam today, so I think it's fine to buy- there's just a chance that you'll have to wait several hours for one of your giftable copies to show up.

I finally beat the main storyline of Borderlands! It only took me two years (bought the game summer 2010) :p

So how is Necrovision? Looks kind of interesting. (EDIT: Haha, I need to refresh the page before posting)

[quote name='sunghost']Hey, I love the essay posts! :lol:

Speak for yourself ;)

EDIT: Humble Bundle 6 just got added to the registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16522
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16523[/QUOTE]
Yay, hopefully it doesn't disappoint or only have games I already own.

Also thank fucking god UBI got rid of that DRM. I may just buy PC games from them now if they scrap it from all of their games. Well at least the ones I want to buy :lol:.

I haven't bought the latest indie royale or indie gala so I need something to fill my indie cravings :lol:. I think I actually reached the point where I am not buying indie bundles to try random games because I own so many, but instead just looking for games I want.

[quote name='zillionandnine']I finally beat the main storyline of Borderlands! It only took me two years (bought the game summer 2010) :p
[/QUOTE]
As well as Zombie Island, Knoxx, and Claptrap DLC?

Claptrap is the real conclusion to the storyline and Knoxx is not to be missed for the humorous dialogue.

[quote name='hal']As well as Zombie Island, Knoxx, and Claptrap DLC?

Claptrap is the real conclusion to the storyline and Knoxx is not to be missed for the humorous dialogue.[/QUOTE]

Nah, haven't touched these yet. Haha. I might try to in the next few days, but things are going to get pretty crazy in my life soon.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Nah, haven't touched these yet. Haha. I might try to in the next few days, but things are going to get pretty crazy in my life soon.[/QUOTE]

The big heist day coming soon? "In just a little bit, baby, I'll be able to get you anything you want. Anything on Steam at all. Of course you won't be able to play anything because we'll be running from the law, and you know how the offline mode is awful."

[quote name='asheskitty']>.> Or if you were watching you were able to pick it up for $0.99 on Google Play this weekend, thread.[/QUOTE]

@sunghost That sale is still going on apparently. I'm not sure when it is supposed to end.

[quote name='Severose']I BTA'd and got a Steam key before it released and activated it without a hitch, and the store page says I own it now that it's officially released, so yes. :)[/QUOTE]

I forgot I had the game till I clicked on the page and I saw that wonderful green bar. "You already own Spirits." Damn straight, insensient program, damn straight. :bouncy:

[quote name='Flowette']Proof that Steam is becoming self-aware.

Next stop: Skynet :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

"...insentient program..." :whistle2:#
Steam: :robot:
Me: :bow:
“I, for one, welcome our new cybernetic overlords.”

[quote name='dfg']
edit: Was going to bring this up earlier but to try to veer back on-topic:

I should have been clearer about the DI/DO stuff, but I meant it was hard to progress in the story if your friends weren't doing it at the same pace as you (missions greyed out and such) and the auto-level-scaling of enemies in a mixed-leveled group was a bit frustrating as well. But I agree with those other issues; thanks for mentioning them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Yeah, that was a big issue with the improper save file/quest mixing issues. Thank god for Willow Tree and the fact that I had beaten the game once before I even tried the multiplayer, so it doesn't matter that the initial shield quest is still on my level 69 characters. I remember in the announcements for BL2 awhile back they confirmed that the questing file issues would be resolved, so I shall soon retire my trusty .exe for Willow Tree. :D

[quote name='asheskitty']@sunghost That sale is still going on apparently. I'm not sure when it is supposed to end.[/QUOTE]
I'd buy it if the Humble Bundle for Android that included this didn't also give Steam keys (might have been BTA only, but I always BTA if I buy a bundle), so everyone can do their happy dance and frolick with some circumspect woodland creatures on trampolines made of chocolate! :lol:

[quote name='Showstoppa42']For anyone who picked up Darksiders 2 recently, the Season Pass is 33% off over at GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/darksiders-ii-season-pass/104318

$19.99 originally, on sale for $13.39.

EDIT: And the base game just popped up on sale as well! (Standard Edition)

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/darksiders-ii/99675

$49.99 originally, on sale for $33.49.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Picked up the season pass. I am LOVING the base game, if anyone is still on the fence.

I got to play a little bit of Darksiders 2 the other night at a friend's... and I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I didn't get very far into the game (maybe 30 minutes), but it definitely made me want to finally go and dig the first game out of my Steam backlog.

Midweek madness: Sword and Sorcery EP mini review.

The music is fantastic. It's almost worth it for the soundtrack alone. And the game, from what I played was a nice indie adventure style game. it's probably best in it's original iOS format as touch does make sense with the way it controls, but is fine with the mouse. And it's conveniently broken down into 10-20m chapters as well. And it was prob in an indie bundle previously, but if you want it, for the soundtrack and the game, it's a pretty nice combo deal.

It was, in fact, in the last 'numbered' Humble Bundle. I picked it up there. Maybe played a third of the way, through. I agree that artistically it's quite interesting, however, it really didn't hold my interest that long. Eventually I'll go back to it.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that Sworcey isn't a game. It's got a cute soundtrack that I'm not particularly fond of and a few cute landscapes but the game itself is terribly dull. Does not come close to challenging you except for testing your patience as to how long you want to watch your character walk from one end of the screen to the other over and over again. As far as entertaining you, there is a bit of glib wit here and there in the dialogue but you're not really getting a story either.

Somehow mixes this up in a layer of EXTREMELY undeserved smug hipster-ness to boot.

[quote name='RollingSkull']For what it's worth, my opinion is that Sworcey isn't a game. It's got a cute soundtrack that I'm not particularly fond of and a few cute landscapes but the game itself is terribly dull. Does not come close to challenging you except for testing your patience as to how long you want to watch your character walk from one end of the screen to the other over and over again. As far as entertaining you, there is a bit of glib wit here and there in the dialogue but you're not really getting a story either.

Somehow mixes this up in a layer of EXTREMELY undeserved smug hipster-ness to boot.[/QUOTE]

Haha you know, I like some indie games (is Bastion considered indie? I enjoyed Limbo, Jamestown, Sequence, Sideways NY and SPAZ as well), but this is the exact feeling I got playing Sworcery. I first beat it on iOS a while back, and while I enjoyed it (for the most part), I was subsequently shocked when it received so much hype and praise in the ensuing months.

It's a fun little adventure game with a unique art style and EXCELLENT music, but I think the text tries way too hard to be "too cool for school". I beat it again on Steam since I got it as part of a bundle and wanted to enjoy the music, but this playthrough only reinforced my feeling of confusion toward all the praise this game received. The gameplay is trite, the battles are difficult only in trying your patience, and I still think the text takes itself way too seriously in a self-referential way.

Other games I felt were better on iOS: Battleheart, 10000000, Ghost Trick (though originally a DS game), Dungeon Raid, and Space Miner. Why does S&S get all the love...?

I only use twitter to follow the weird skanks who alternately talk dirty to nobody/everybody in particular and emote their issues. It's a weird, fascinating culture.

Speaking of fascinating cultures, I absolutely do not understand why Binary Domain gets loads of word of mouth praise and Inversion does not. They are both games of similar quality. I enjoy them both and really couldn't pick one over the other. Inversion's plot does kinda suck and it doesn't give the boss fights as much TLC as BD but apart from that...

[quote name='RollingSkull']For what it's worth, my opinion is that Sworcey isn't a game. It's got a cute soundtrack that I'm not particularly fond of and a few cute landscapes but the game itself is terribly dull. Does not come close to challenging you except for testing your patience as to how long you want to watch your character walk from one end of the screen to the other over and over again. As far as entertaining you, there is a bit of glib wit here and there in the dialogue but you're not really getting a story either.

Somehow mixes this up in a layer of EXTREMELY undeserved smug hipster-ness to boot.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much agreed 100%. It's a nice, mellow game though. It doesn't take a lot of thought, and it has some subtle humor that makes it unique enough. The art style is also a bit interesting (although the music didn't really move me).

It didn't pull me in much though. I found the battling to be a bit annoying. I guess it's an adventure game, but the combat still kind of turned me off.

Re: Combat in Adventure Games

This almost turned me off of playing Gemini Rue after spending 20+ minutes on the first fight (which was only one enemy). I'm glad I toughed through it. Even though it wasn't the best Wadjet Eye game I've played so far (collectively the Blackwell Trilogy trumps it) the story was good enough to ignore the super crappy gunplay.

Lone Survivor the combat was horrid which actually did cause me to stop playing. Also that and I don't like zombies in media.

[quote name='plft']Re: Combat in Adventure Games

This almost turned me off of playing Gemini Rue after spending 20+ minutes on the first fight (which was only one enemy). I'm glad I toughed through it. Even though it wasn't the best Wadjet Eye game I've played so far (collectively the Blackwell Trilogy trumps it) the story was good enough to ignore the super crappy gunplay.

Lone Survivor the combat was horrid which actually did cause me to stop playing. Also that and I don't like zombies in media.[/QUOTE]

Early on in Gemini Rue when the combat mechanic was introduced I thought it was simple and kind of cool. But then the fight in the weather tower was really getting on my nerves. I kept timing the headshot mechanic perfect but I would somehow miss completely. I died there about 8 times before making it through.

Edit: You mention the Blackwell Trilogy, but I see it as four games on Steam. Is there 1 that's not part of the trilogy or just an inferior game, or just a simple mistake on your part?

[quote name='Preedatore']

Edit: You mention the Blackwell Trilogy, but I see it as four games on Steam. Is there 1 that's not part of the trilogy or just an inferior game, or just a simple mistake on your part?[/QUOTE]

It was "The Blackwell Trilogy" until the forth game, Blackwell Deception, was released more recently.

[quote name='Woodlands']It was "The Blackwell Trilogy" until the forth game, Blackwell Deception, was released more recently.[/QUOTE]

For anyone interested, there is a fifth game in development tentatively titled Blackwell Epiphany.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Speaking of fascinating cultures, I absolutely do not understand why Binary Domain gets loads of word of mouth praise and Inversion does not. They are both games of similar quality. I enjoy them both and really couldn't pick one over the other. Inversion's plot does kinda suck and it doesn't give the boss fights as much TLC as BD but apart from that...[/QUOTE]

I will take that as a recommendation. I wanted to pick it up from GameStop when they had it for $10 but I couldn't really find anyone with anything to say about it on here. I actually think the color pallet would be more appeasing to my eyes over Binary Domain. Inversion looks more like Gears color scheme, which I enjoy. Thanks.

Railworks 2013 pre-order is now in the registry. Get ready for the next bit of simulation silliness.

There's also a new listing for a Linux Steam beta. That I am interested in.

[quote name='Preedatore']Early on in Gemini Rue when the combat mechanic was introduced I thought it was simple and kind of cool. But then the fight in the weather tower was really getting on my nerves. I kept timing the headshot mechanic perfect but I would somehow miss completely. I died there about 8 times before making it through.

Edit: You mention the Blackwell Trilogy, but I see it as four games on Steam. Is there 1 that's not part of the trilogy or just an inferior game, or just a simple mistake on your part?[/QUOTE]
The first fight was probably the toughest one for me since they hadn't introduced the mechanism of aiming the other direction yet. That mechanism actually made it possible to hit the enemy without timing it perfectly or getting hit.

As for the Blackwell Trilogy, I only have the first three from an Indie Royale bundle. Next sale I'll probably pick up the fourth though.

[quote name='Mooby']Anyone know what time the Humble Bundles typically go live? Around 8 am Pacific?[/QUOTE]
Recently, 10am pacific or 1pm eastern. Same time as the steam new deals.

[quote name='plft']After playing the PSP version I'm planning on picking it up.[/QUOTE]

i bootlegged the psp versions of half minute hero and Cladun 1 a long time ago on psp. They were both a lot of fun. I would definitely pick them up on steam at some point if they come with achieves.

Half Minute Hero provided a lot of charm and entertainment for a while. I personally think the $9.99 asking price isn't worth it, but that's because I didn't think any of the bonus "30" modes were that fun (I beat all 4 plus Hero 3 mode or whatever, which was excellent). I'd wait til it's $5 personally.

[quote name='imac2much']Half Minute Hero provided a lot of charm and entertainment for a while. I personally think the $9.99 asking price isn't worth it, but that's because I didn't think any of the bonus "30" modes were that fun (I beat all 4 plus Hero 3 mode or whatever, which was excellent). I'd wait til it's $5 personally.[/QUOTE]
I am guessing $5 at winter sale or maybe even $2.50. I want to get it but of course I am following the rules of Steam so I will wait for the sale.

Yeah, I generally follow "the rule of Steam" as well, though I think I may have to make an exception later this week when To The Moon finally releases on Steam :)

[quote name='louiedog']And unlike on XBLA, it'll be published by Ubisoft instead of Microsoft Studios. I assume that means no GFWL and with Ubi's recent announcement, no always-on DRM.[/QUOTE]

It might still require uPlay, tho.

So much to keep up with, but the wonder that is GW2 keeps me so busy anymore. In all honesty, between GW2, the pending release of Borderlands 2, and my ginormous backlog I am seriously considering cancelling my Gamefly sub. Seems like a waste at this time.

[quote name='imac2much']Yeah, I generally follow "the rule of Steam" as well, though I think I may have to make an exception later this week when To The Moon finally releases on Steam :)[/QUOTE]

Same for me on FTL next week.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm hoping for a Magic the Gathering weekend or daily deal...[/QUOTE]
This. I just finished Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 a week or so ago (every achievement except the multiplayer ones) and am eager to get started on 2013. ><

On a rather related note, eff you Archenemy. You will not be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back